As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PlayStation4 / PSN] PS3+Vita games are back on the menu, boys!

1383940414244»

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I could absolutely see in 2-3 years time a PS5 Lite that's of a smaller design and lower price... and has the PS4 hardware BC ripped out of it.

The PS5 doesn’t use specific hardware or even emulation to do BC. For the first time ever, Sony used x86 architecture for the PS4, making is essentially a premade, not modifiable PC. The PS5 is also x86. There might be some patching needed to get a game running on the new hardware, but it shouldn’t be difficult, which is proven by the massive BC support.

The problem with the PS1 to PS3 is they all used wildly different hardware, so various types of emulation or extra hardware is needed to achieve compatibility.

• StarZapperStarZapper Vermont, Bizzaro world.Registered User regular
    While I'm happy about Sony changing their minds, they already got me for like 100$ worth of games I bought just because FOMO. Well played, Sony, well played.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    StarZapper wrote: »
    While I'm happy about Sony changing their minds, they already got me for like 100$ worth of games I bought just because FOMO. Well played, Sony, well played.

You can think of it that you're now safe when they eventually shut it down.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    StarZapper wrote: »

You can think of it that you're now safe when they eventually shut it down.

Well, sort of.

This could be an attempt to bury the CMOS and ticking time(server) bomb without acknowledging it.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Reminder - Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition is currently free to download on PSN. If you already have it installed from a disc copy you'll need to delete that and reinstall the digital copy from scratch (seriously, Sony...).

It also includes a theme and The Art of HZD.

Jazz on
  • HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    Also Future Press has a guide out for the complete edition of Horizon Zero Dawn. It's available directly through their site now (no Amazon needed) and it's a beautiful 850+ page beast.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    How do you get to the Horizon DLC if you've already done the main game? I need to finally play that.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Mostly HarmlessMostly Harmless Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    How do you get to the Horizon DLC if you've already done the main game? I need to finally play that.

Head north from the Grave Hoard, from memory.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    HeraldS wrote: »
    Also Future Press has a guide out for the complete edition of Horizon Zero Dawn. It's available directly through their site now (no Amazon needed) and it's a beautiful 850+ page beast.

Man why did you tell me that. I love a good Future Press strategy guide. I have several of them and they are excellent.

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

Man why did you tell me that. I love a good Future Press strategy guide. I have several of them and they are excellent.

Pick up a copy while you can. I live in fear that I'll miss out of one that I want and it will end up like the damn Bayonetta guide ($300-600 on ebay last I looked).

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

Yeah, they're the new DoubleJump, not that there's much competition. I love their DS guides.

wVEsyIc.png
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Oohh thanks for the heads up about Horizon Zero Dawn. I hadn’t bought the DLC yet, so I deleted my install and downloaded the complete edition. My disk can stop being swapped in and out of the machine.

I just finished up Spider-Man. That was some fun times. I’ve still got a bunch of the map I want to clear before moving on to the DLC, but for now I’m taking a break to go back and finish Ghost of Tsushima.

However, I must say the last fight was not all that fun. I constantly felt like my dodging just wasn’t working, it was cluttered so much the camera had problems, and the two aerial parts of the fight were just bad to control. I was just relieved to finish the fight and be done with it, which wasn’t the case with any of the earlier boss fights.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Played some Wreckfest and damn, I didn't remember the beginning being this bad. I previously played this on PC and trust me, the game gets much better later on, with crazy events such as racing a bunch of school buses while you're in a small compact car.

• WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    Is free Wreckfest available for PS4? I assumed it was PS5 only based on the articles.
    I had fun with it, generally upgrading my front push bar as much as possible, then T-boning fools who slow down to take safe turns. I found the upgrade system felt limited and clunky, and wished I could customize my driver or helmet... But the racing and crashes were fantastic.

Witchsight.png
    Oh it's not free on PS4? That's silly.

Yeah, the game's presentation and UI design is really bad, specially the music and I can see why it turned so many people off.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    yeah only the PS5 version is free for PS+

M A G I K A Z A M
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    PS4 version is on Playstation Now, though, if you happen to have that.

• WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    Looks like theres an upcoming days of play community event on the way next week. Seems to suggest trophies acquired during that time will unlock avatars and other tidbits, if you sign up for it?

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/11/get-ready-for-playstations-celebration-of-the-community-with-days-of-play-2021/

Witchsight.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I started replaying Uncharted 4.

For a 4 year old game it still looks utterly amazing. It's the character interactions though that are unmatched (even by Last of Us 2). It's just so natural, charming and fun.

The gunplay though sadly doesn't and that's definitely an area where Last of Us 2 improved on their system so much that it's a bit hard to go back to.

It definitely makes me wish for more games set in that world with those characters though.

I should probably check out Lost Legacy.

• RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I started replaying Uncharted 4.

For a 4 year old game it still looks utterly amazing. It's the character interactions though that are unmatched (even by Last of Us 2). It's just so natural, charming and fun.

The gunplay though sadly doesn't and that's definitely an area where Last of Us 2 improved on their system so much that it's a bit hard to go back to.

It definitely makes me wish for more games set in that world with those characters though.

I should probably check out Lost Legacy.

Lost Legacy is great and doesn’t overstay its welcome like I think U4 did. By the time I was making that final trek in U4 I was just like “yes this is awesome but it should have been 4 hours ago.”

I had that same feeling with the final temple in U2, I think I might just go with easy difficulty in 4. You can change difficulty mid-game, right?

Satsumomo wrote: »
    I had that same feeling with the final temple in U2, I think I might just go with easy difficulty in 4. You can change difficulty mid-game, right?
    Yeah, pretty sure.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I got the impression Kratos regretted his past.

edited May 2021
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Definitely, it really shows during the Baldur and Freya fight, he sees himself in Baldur.

Satsumomo on
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Definitely, it really shows during the Baldur and Freya fight, he sees himself in Baldur.
    I think I remember him saying at some point that gods are monsters and that he's no exception.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Ugh, my Dual Shock controller died on me.

I was surprised how expensive they are! And right now I hate paying that much since I'm eventually going to be getting a PS5.

• EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Hm, apparently the Playstation web store added back wishlist functionality when I wasn't looking. That's cool I guess.

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    Remember Carmageddon? Wreckfest is bringing it back, somewhat, with a special event in the game.
    https://youtu.be/mIPPqDRK_R0

You can download two free Carmageddon themed tracks, and completing challenges in tournament mode will earn you the Eagle R car.