As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Beyond Light: Out Now!

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    Honestly, this event is so much better than last year. Bounties are easy, just for doing what your normally would, none of the triumphs are super crazy (except maybe the get bronze medals one), and the only real annoyances are that you can only hold 500 laurels and you have to go back to the tower a lot to grab new contender cards after nearly every activity.

You can buy the bright dust bounties via the app I believe. So that's one way to dump laurels.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    ronzo wrote: »
    Honestly, this event is so much better than last year. Bounties are easy, just for doing what your normally would, none of the triumphs are super crazy (except maybe the get bronze medals one), and the only real annoyances are that you can only hold 500 laurels and you have to go back to the tower a lot to grab new contender cards after nearly every activity.

You can buy the bright dust bounties via the app I believe. So that's one way to dump laurels.

Good to know. I still need to buy the Hunter ghost shell too, probably going to get that today while I knock out crucible cards. Once I’ve got that shell I can start dumping anything above 200 into the extra bounties.

What’s going to be annoying is that I will likely finish the all of the non-time gated triumphs tomorrow, except for bronze medals. You need 45 bronzes, so 45 activity completions. Currently at 7, and I can’t see getting more than 15-20 before finishing the rest of the triumphs.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Good map guaranteed in trials this weekend.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Good to see the destiny community can come together and agree

Jav-4 for lyfe

Of course, streamers in the replies complaining about the map that is winning. Sorry but any map that favors snipers like Widows Court was never gonna win...

I voted for Twilight Gap to be unique and original.

I have Widow’s Court ptsd.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Always Jav4

Of course, streamers in the replies complaining about the map that is winning. Sorry but any map that favors snipers like Widows Court was never gonna win...

All the maps but Jav 4 seem like a sniper’s paradise to me.

Twilight gap would be my second choice I guess, could be some interesting fights there, but also so many way for someone to rabbit and come back to fight at full health.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Gilded Conqueror complete!

My group only did GMs during Arrivals, so the final two, Insight Terminus and Warden of Nothing, were new to us. Insight Terminus only took us two good tries. The boss fight is annoying as heck, but not too difficult. Warden of Nothing ended up being the only GM we managed to clear first try. We went for a boss burn setup and it worked like a charm to avoid the hellish boss fight.

I'm not sure if we'll keep going for Conqueror every season going forward. It'll probably depend on the GMs and mods available. I'd be happy never to touch Grandmaster Exodus Crash.

My least favorite GM so far has been Garden World. My least favorite that hasn’t been sunset would be the Corrupted.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Fire up your hottest takes because the TW@B's here with info about transmog and it's a mixed bag, at best!
    "...here’s a quick list of steps that players will take to convert their armor appearance into Universal Armor Ornaments:

-Defeat enemies to earn Synthstrand.
    -Spend Synthstrand on bounties to earn Synthcord.
    -Convert Synthcord at the Loom in the Tower into Synthweave.
    -Use Synthweave to convert an unlocked armor appearance (Legendary quality or lower) from Collections into a Universal Armor Ornament."

"How many of these can you earn?
    Players may earn up to ten Synthweave per class, per Season. Except in Season of [REDACTED]...

To celebrate the introduction of Armor Synthesis, in Season of [REDACTED], players may earn ten additional Synthweave per class through the introductory experience. In total, during Season of [REDACTED] players may earn up to 20 Synthweave per class, which can either be used to convert four full sets to ornaments, or 20 specific items."

"There will also be a few exceptions at launch for Year-1 Armor Ornaments due to technical constraints, but we are currently working on solutions for a future Season. These exceptions include:
    Year-1 Armor Ornaments
    Vanguard
    Crucible
    Iron Banner
    Faction Rallies
    Prestige Raids
    Trials of the Nine"

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    The process to unlock ornaments in-game requires bounties and a series of three similarly-named currencies. How very Bungie of them.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that first step just needs to be deleted. Just let us start by picking up bounties for some glimmer

Sad about the Faction ornaments and older Solstice glows :/

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Division 2 - Here is transmog, its completely free, anything you pick up, you can transmog immediately, have fun.

Destiny 2 - Transmog involves a time consuming, convoluted trash system with steep limitations and real money alternatives, which of course will spike the neccesary grind because fuck you.

The shader change should also be rolled back, you dont have to pay shards for shaders (but still glimmer) but Bungie is using that as reasoning for putting a 700% increase on EV shader prices. (Which cost Bright Dust which is infinitely more valuable than legendary shards)

QoL changes by Bungie - Poison pilled half to death.

Sirialis on
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I'm only interested in making a handful of additional sets but that is a really convoluted and unpleasant system.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I knew they weren't going to figure out faction ornaments, and I wanted my final form FWC set. At least they say they are working on it.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Enemies drop strands. Strands allow you to buy homework. Homework pays out in Cords. Cord "converts" (that's menacing) to weave. Weave gets you the thing. Is it one to one? Doesn't even say. This paragraph makes me want to leave a bad Steam review. I've never left a bad Steam review for any game before. Yikes.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    If we can only convert 4 armor sets per season, how many seasons will one need just to convert every existing set?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I mean, it’s run by Ada, and Ada does not like Guardians

Only makes sense she would fuck with us

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Not gonna lie, it's nice they're giving us double for the first season, but that's pretty stingy. On top of that no Y1 armor to start which was largely the point of this system. I'm so confused how badly they did this. It's a QoL change, not another hoop to make us jump through brunglo

That’s a terrible system.

And I thought gambit was gonna be the focus today, but it’s strikes again.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    There was literally no way this was ever going to be anything other than a grindy pain in the ass that you can pay your way out of.

Yeah the grind isn't the issue, it's that hard cap at 10. Nobody left playing destiny has an issue with grinding I don't think, it's this insistence that everything has to be a new mechanic and like, dude I just want to look how I wanna look and placing these artificial limiters on us is just so dumb.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Enemies drop strands. Strands allow you to buy homework. Homework pays out in Cords. Cord "converts" (that's menacing) to weave. Weave gets you the thing. Is it one to one? Doesn't even say. This paragraph makes me want to leave a bad Steam review. I've never left a bad Steam review for any game before. Yikes.

Based on this....
    Bungie wrote:
    In total, during Season of [REDACTED] players may earn up to 20 Synthweave per class, which can either be used to convert four full sets to ornaments, or 20 specific items."
    It sounds like 5 per ornament set (which maybe means 1 per ornament? Or do I HAVE to buy the whole set?) or 1 synthweave per actual item.

Typical, terrible TWAB writing skills.
    Arteen wrote: »
    The process to unlock ornaments in-game requires bounties and a series of three similarly-named currencies. How very Bungie of them.
    One of their management is clearly a Monkey Paw and he approved the change.
    Not gonna lie, it's nice they're giving us double for the first season, but that's pretty stingy. On top of that no Y1 armor to start which was largely the point of this system. I'm so confused how badly they did this. It's a QoL change, not another hoop to make us jump through brunglo

I'd actually be totally fine with the grind if it was unlimited.

.....sigh.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Players may earn up to ten Synthweave per class, per Season. Except in Season of [REDACTED]...

To celebrate the introduction of Armor Synthesis, in Season of [REDACTED], players may earn ten additional Synthweave per class through the introductory experience. In total, during Season of [REDACTED] players may earn up to 20 Synthweave per class, which can either be used to convert four full sets to ornaments, or 20 specific items.

Absolutely fuck OFF with this, holy SHIT
    Pretty much every other game with transmog is unlimited, why is this so fucked

Crippl3 on
    edited April 2021
    Yeah the grind isn't the issue, it's that hard cap at 10. Nobody left playing destiny has an issue with grinding I don't think, it's this insistence that everything has to be a new mechanic and like, dude I just want to look how I wanna look and placing these artificial limiters on us is just so dumb.

We probably should have seen it coming though, because they don't want anyone to realistically grind their way into getting everything they want without paying.

edit: I guess I should say, they still want you to run out of conversions for the season, get bored and buy seasonal sets in the store.

A question I have is "enemies drop strands." Which enemies, and in what context?

august on
    Not mentioned in here yet, the Eververse price of shaders is going from 40 to 300 Bright Dust. Which... uh holy crap.

Not mentioned in here yet, the Eververse price of shaders is going from 40 to 300 Bright Dust. Which... uh holy crap.

Yes but think of the sense of accomplishment you'll feel when you buy them now.

august wrote: »

Yes but think of the sense of accomplishment you'll feel when you buy them now.

When I'm not playing, I still check Eververse once a week to see if there's anything cheap I'd want to scoop up. This is... a choice.

Well Destiny reddit and youtubers are gonna have a field day with this one, fallout already did a video calling out how silly the system is

• taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    It's sad that I was looking forward to transmog, cos I thought, how would they fuck it up, but Bungie over here saying hold my beer.

I sympathize with a desire to limit how many transmogs you can unlock per season. I don't think Destiny 2 was really designed, at any point, with the idea that you'd have 100+ options for a single armor slot (cosmetically or otherwise) and letting a big portion of the playerbase accidentally ruin the UI by unlocking transmogs they don't even care about sounds like a frustrating problem to try and fix.

The unlock system sounds stupid and grindy but I don't really mind the seasonal limit. Realistically I can't think of more than a handful of sets I'd want to unlock on my characters.

Dunno, I wouldn't say I like the system they're going with but I'll be able to turn a handful of my favorite sets into cosmetics and that's all I really wanted. Grinding for 8 thousand hours to unlock a bunch of cosmetic sets you don't even like sounds miserable, and maybe it shouldn't even be an option.

I'm still more interested in the promised weapon tuning update they say is coming, and although they haven't promised anything I still really really really want an exotics pass to make older / less powerful exotics more useful.

Well Destiny reddit and youtubers are gonna have a field day with this one, fallout already did a video calling out how silly the system is

They really did a horrible job of explaining it. "You can earn zoobles that you can then turn into warkabs and with enough warkabs you can go to a new NPC to unlock a special kind of magic journey quest. Completing the magic journey quest rewards you with zooblkabs which you can then combine into warkoobleaboms which can then be turned into the NPC to unlock a transmog option!"

I think this system sucks if you want to transmog a ton of stuff, and it’s over complicated.

Luckily, as a warlock, I only really need to do a few helms and chest to get pretty much everything I want, maybe a helm or cloak for the Hunter too. Finally, an upside to have crap gauntlet, leg, and class options

Looking at everything, I think there’s about 10-15 items total that I want to convert, period.

edited April 2021
    This is exactly the kind of system I expected. Convoluted and limited to encourage you to pay real money. This is every change they've ever made to the eververse and eververse-adjacent portions of the game.

Within that context it seems overly complicated with two many steps, presumably to obfuscate how much things actually cost in terms of time and effort compared to just paying money. But at least some of it is free, which is better then I expected. At least converting a few favourite sets will be possible over time.

And because when Bungie claims to giveth they actually taketh away far more and call it a quality of life improvement, they are massively increasing the cost of shaders. Which is the thing that actually super pisses me off. They are just continually trying to claw back every bit of bright dust you could earn.

shryke on
    Shaders in D2 feel so weird, there are so many and maybe 95% of them are completely forgettable but there are a handful of absolutely amazing shaders that you just need to find in the gigantic pile of weird red/blue/orange.

If new shaders are higher quality I wouldn't mind a higher BD price point, but I don't think that's the plan.

edited April 2021
    I just one again have to point out, what is the everloving point of the collections system if not to make Transmog possible. I've "unlocked" all this armor already, much over several to hundreds of times over, and then I have to pay (with either time or money) to then use the armor I've supposedly unlocked? Idk it's just one more infuriating layer to the destiny onion. All they had to do was make the system a friendly tool, instead it's made this whole event where we're supposed to be pysched up to go out and get these useless gubbins. Again, given how rarely we get new armor for pinnacle activities like Iron Banner, that I have to pay in some way to use that look is silly as fuck, I've already paid for it the first time. I paid for all the D2 dlc, I invested time unlocking complete sets, and now I have to unlock the ability to unlock the armor I've already unlocked...

Local H Jay on
    I just one again have to point out, what is the everloving point of the collections system if not to make Transmog possible. I've "unlocked" all this armor already, much over several to hundreds of times over, and then I have to pay (with either time or money) to then use the armor I've supposedly unlocked? Idk it's just one more infuriating layer to the destiny onion. All they had to do was make the system a friendly tool, instead it's made this whole event where we're supposed to be pysched up to go out and get these useless gubbins. Again, given how rarely we get new armor for pinnacle activities like Iron Banner, that I have to pay in some way to use that look is silly as fuck, I've already paid for it the first time. I paid for all the D2 dlc, I invested time unlocking complete sets, and now I have to unlock the ability to unlock the armor I've already unlocked...

It feels like it was added in just to have it there and then they've never decided what they actually wanted to do with it or could never find the time to implement it or both because it's all a mess.

I still somewhat suspect it was designed with the Y1 armour system in mind and then random rolls came back and it was like "whoops" and then no one ever tried to make those two things line up because there was always something else to do.

The whole reason I even wanted this was so I could rock my Y1 flawless set on my titan, but lmao they couldn't even do that right so idk, color me completely unimpressed and nonplussed.