As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    slaanesh has had two second editions army books and model lines released already

It's shitty. And nothing new really for GW, too. Like when they released a codex skitarii, then a codex cult mechanicus and then a codex adeptus mechanicus to combine the two half codices.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, none of the boxed bundles have instructions for alternate model builds, which was a nightmare with the Slaanesh chariot in the shadow and pain box!

Love the new demon things, hopefully I can just print off a couple of warscrolls and staple them into the battletome and they don't come with a bunch more allegiance abilities that need adding in too...

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    To me it seems like GW need to slow down with the new releases a bit. More and more mistakes are being made.

Though new releases all the time is probably why they're making loads of money now.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2021
    That video from GGM is pretty good; first, that dude puts out an insane amount of content but two, more importantly, it's refreshing to hear someone lay out how this stuff works. GW spent years cultivating ill will as a company that never communicated with its customers and always took them for granted but has done a lot to correct that IMO.

They are clearly still trying to figure out how to message things when something goes wrong and hopefully learned something from this but it's fair to say that this is the result of a complicated logistical puzzle being further complicated by a global pandemic.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    That header image from the Slaaneshi Twins article might be Kragnos:

nDwwOYFPYlEkO1H0.jpg

If so, he ain't looking too much like an Aelf to me, so out goes the Kurnothi idea. He also doesn't strike me as a Beastman, but maybe they'll diversify that line away from just-goats?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Really Kragnos goes in the same box of of curiosity that the Satyr elves and whatever Malerion's elves are

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    The eyes, nose, and mouth say 'bear' to me.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    That header image from the Slaaneshi Twins article might be Kragnos:

nDwwOYFPYlEkO1H0.jpg

If so, he ain't looking too much like an Aelf to me, so out goes the Kurnothi idea.

I don't know about that, we've seen just a few Kurnothi and they have pretty beastly aspects. If I were a gamblin' man I'd say we seen even more, increasingly animalistic and monstrous units.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    What else do I fill in around it? Pestilens don't really seem to have a lot of options.

I'll be using a furnace and the corruptor with them as well.

They don't really, you're quite right. Let's see, 40/40/10/10 Plague Monks with two Plague Furnaces is 1120 points, those can basically work as two independent wings of your army, with the 10 model units as screens for the big blobs, and the furnaces supporting all of them with battleshock immunity and prayers, I think you can squeeze all or most of this stuff into a Congregation of Filth battalion for an extra 160 points which adds a little extra surivability. Throw in a Corruptor for 280 and they can run around as their own hammer unit as well, or stick around to support a flank. I'd probably want to run a Masterclan general, which might be best as a Screaming Bell or potentially Thanquol (though then you'd miss out on a command trait) but that way you get access to the excellent Grey Seer spell lore, you could run a Warpseer in this role if you wanted too possibly, if you want to be particularly mean the Warp Lightning Vortex remains just a hideously powerful endless spell that is almost an auto-include in a competitive Skaven list.

Unfortunately with the way the Skaven book works any spare points have to be filled with Pestilens units, and your best bet is honestly just taking more plague monks when in doubt, the censer bearers are fine but not essential, and the catapults don't really do much.

So I can run a screaming bell or thanquol and still have everything count as pestilens? Building a list for Skaven has felt kind of confusing to me and I never got a chance to really dig into it before covid hit.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I don't have the Skaven book to check directly, but if memory serves you basically have two options: Clanrats are always battleline for Skaven, so you can take three units of them and then any other units you want from any clan.

However, all of the other battleline options are dependent on every unit in your list having the appropriate clan keyword, so Pestilens for Plague Monks. There is one exception to this in that you can take a Masterclan hero as your general in any list and you still get to keep access to clan specific battleline options. (So to actually answer the question, yes, so long as they're your general a bell or Thanquol can go in an otherwise Pestilens army.)

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I don't have the Skaven book to check directly, but if memory serves you basically have two options: Clanrats are always battleline for Skaven, so you can take three units of them and then any other units you want from any clan.

However, all of the other battleline options are dependent on every unit in your list having the appropriate clan keyword, so Pestilens for Plague Monks. There is one exception to this in that you can take a Masterclan hero as your general in any list and you still get to keep access to clan specific battleline options. (So to actually answer the question, yes, so long as they're your general a bell or Thanquol can go in an otherwise Pestilens army.)

That is cool, I definitely want to use Thanquol, I love the model just don't have one yet.. Thank you for the info!

I did put together a quick list.
    Allegiance: Skaventide
    Verminlord Corruptor
    Plague Priest on Plague Furnace
    Verminlord Warpseer
    - General
    Plague Priest
    40 x Plague Monks
    - Foetid Blades
    - 2x Standard Bearers
    - 2x Plague Harbingers
    40 x Plague Monks
    - Woe-stave
    - 2x Standard Bearers
    - 2x Plague Harbingers
    20 x Plague Monks
    - Woe-stave
    20 x Plague Monks
    - Woe-stave
    Congregation of Filth
    Warp Lightning Vortex

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 162

My play group plays Orks, Lumineth, Ossiarch, Slaves to Darkness, Cities of Sigmar, Sylvaneth, and Ogors.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    I know I gave my brother the banner and ballista for the realm lords as he is still working under the ideal of building a elf block [the wardens hold the line behind them the sentinels behind them the ballista} and the all mounted army just he builds at a painfully slow pace {i built and did the wych and kabal troops over 3 weeks he just built the banner and he has the same amount of room as me} We both have a storage issue
    He is still debating of which book the teclis book or the new realm lords it was said they have the same stories and lore? Just it comes down to a bookkeeping issue

• Options
    If you already have the first realmlords book, everything new is in Teclis.

Otherwise you need the new realmlords book. I don't think that has the background parts of Teclis though.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

Otherwise you need the new realmlords book. I don't think that has the background parts of Teclis though.

I was under the impression Teclis does have all the new lore and art from the Lumineth book, but I could be mistaken.

• Options
    dshghg3e53jd.png
    I agree as I think it has all the lore and such from the Teclis book but he just wants a one stop run kind of deal

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    They’ve stopped doing unreleased figures in books as they were a gift to third party sculptors, so if they want to keep regularly releasing stuff the only alternative is to keep doing new books.

Well that or regularly updated online resources, but they like that book money and people keep buying them.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options

I was under the impression Teclis does have all the new lore and art from the Lumineth book, but I could be mistaken.

Yes, Teclis has all the new rules from the new realmlords battletome plus all the broken realms story.

The new battletome also has all the new rules but not the broken realms story.

So if you just want all the rules in one place get the battletome. If you rather also want the broken realms story line and you already have the old battletome get Teclis.

• Options

Yes, Teclis has all the new rules from the new realmlords battletome plus all the broken realms story.

The new battletome also has all the new rules but not the broken realms story.

So if you just want all the rules in one place get the battletome. If you rather also want the broken realms story line and you already have the old battletome get Teclis.

His opinion of the story is as he said it will be covered if they do a new edition this year

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I suspect we see 3rd edition by the end of the summer and my precious spooky ghosts be the fall release.

And by "suspect", I mean "will into existence".

• Options
    I think there's pretty good odds on that, the only question is whether they find themselves having to push back a new edition release due to whatever shipping/manufacturing issues they're having, I'm sure the last thing GW wants is a Cursed City situation with an edition starter set.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I'm trying to remember if I even played any 2nd edition.

• Options
    It's been second edition for a pretty long time, you might have! Everything since Soul Wars, so every battletome since, like, DoK 1 and Legions of Nagash has been 2nd edition, if that helps.
    I'm hoping a new edition doesn't do too much changing for the sake of changing things, I think the core rules are in a pretty solid spot and a lot of the jankier stuff is found in individual warscrolls and battle traits for the most part.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    By sheer luck, I went into the local bookstore here last week and they have the basic Warhammer foundation range. We were looking forward clippers and found a copy of Cursed City and they let me put it on hold!

I got it today and I am overjoyed. It’s a really quality product and it was the last copy in New Zealand (the GW rep told the guy in the bookstore that when he tried to get more).

I cannot wait to start painting.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I spent the evening putting together the Starblood Stalkers and Crimson Court warbands for 'Underworlds, and I just wanted to take a moment to compliment whoever designed them both. Besides being a bunch of great sculpts, they build really nicely.

And what I mean by that is that the last two warbands I put together (Myari's Purifiers and Magore's Fiends) have a bunch of models where piece A fits against piece B and the seam is in the middle of a shoulder pauldron or some other highly visible, awkward place. This isn't great in general, and is really rough if you're not cutting out the pegs and gluing them together.

But for the 'Stalkers and 'Court, every joint seems to be at a natural "edge". If a skink is in two pieces, the joint is along its back where scales from the top piece will slightly overlap and hide it. Prince Duvalle's head is in two parts: the front piece has the bangs and the top hair (that's pulled back towards his man bun), both of which sit naturally "on top" of the hair on the side/back of his head. And all the pieces for all the models are like this; pieces' edges match sculpted edges.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Being revealed tomorrow:
    r0p9meyha5ac.jpg

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    Being revealed tomorrow:
    r0p9meyha5ac.jpg

That belongs with this rumor engine
    2020-10-13.jpg

Edit: the little amulets dangling from the backpiece look like some that can be found on sylvaneth models. That would also fit with the blade with the cutouts and then the base could be an angry plant.

honovere on
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing a vampire. We've already seen several with a weird predilection for varous "evil" animals; bugs might be the next vampire's fetish.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    it will be another slaanesh faction

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Leaf shaped amulet can be found on the arch revenant, drop shaped ones on alarielle's beetle and in the torsos of most sylvaneth. Hand shaped amulet is on drycha and on the revenants.

All of the amulets, similar looking vines and a similar backpiece and also creepy bugs are on these, too:
    60120704001_ENGYltharisGuardians02.jpg

honovere on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    They are making too many great models.

Have mercy GW. My money only goes so far :(

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Now I remembered Araloth and Lileath's daughter and really want a combined aelven and knightly human faction. There's a lot of potential with the elite core of the army being (the souls of) the Grail Knights, basically a unit of Green Knights. Maybe integrate the Wanderer faction into that.

honovere on
  • Options
    There is a rumour floating round at present that the AoS 3 started box is going to include some sort of 'Brettonian-styled' Stormcast (versus destruction of some sort). Not sure how much I buy that given it's hard to see Stormcast riding horses, and they're already pretty heraldic in appearance. But potentially that could be some sort of human knightly faction leakers have caught glimpses of.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    There is a rumour floating round at present that the AoS 3 started box is going to include some sort of 'Brettonian-styled' Stormcast (versus destruction of some sort). Not sure how much I buy that given it's hard to see Stormcast riding horses, and they're already pretty heraldic in appearance. But potentially that could be some sort of human knightly faction leakers have caught glimpses of.

Now I'm hoping the rumored destruction half is just one gargant.

It would be an amusing starter.

(I know that has 0% chance.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    The rumour to my understanding is the destruction half is something akin to hobgoblins or gitmob, which honestly sounds less likely to me than a single gargant!

My best guess would be that Kragnos is part of a new Destruction faction and it's going to be them in the box.

• Options
    Toot!
    In the upheaval caused by the events of the Broken Realms saga, Alarielle has been hard at work scouring Ghyran, the Realm of Life, from the taint of Chaos. When the Everqueen sings a song of cleansing at the Oak of Ages Past, something entirely new springs from the roots.

Floating on thermals of sheer magic, Warsong Revenants play a Spirit Song which has the power to cause the land itself to come alive. Their music is a balm to the Sylvaneth and the promise of vengeance to their enemies. The Warsong Revenants can even summon a malicious swarm of spites to attack nearby enemies.

9gmpceufj2kw.jpg

• Options
    Is that a GUO skull on the base there? I can't quite make it out.

• Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Mask Off by Future immediately started playing in my head when I saw this

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Great model!

Mood:

https://youtu.be/YAZpjWZRNAc

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    The way it's painted and the texture makes it look a bit like he's wearing a big ol' cabbage cloak.

Cool model. Sylvaneth might actually drawing me more in than Teclis' tries at remaking aelves. They also seem really fun to paint.

honovere on
  • Options
    Sylvaneth are fun models, yeah, though they can be a bit fiddly and annoying, and it's probably better to go for a more vibrant scheme or I bet they'd get pretty dull to paint. Also the book is pretty weak at present, but hopefully some BR love will fix some of that.

This discussion has been closed.