As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Beyond Light: Out Now!

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    So something I haven't seen anyone bitch about re: transmog:

I assume there are probably several "destination" bounties available, but highlighting one that makes you play content that hasn't had relevant rewards in....years? is certainly a choice. Yes, please, Ada-1. I certainly want to go run some fucking blind well for transmog whosits. Certainly not, I dunno, Cosmodrome public events, for example!

It gives people an actual reason to run Blind Well and thus help out anyone else who has to run it for other quests or the like.

In general I feel like the "Destination" bucket is basically the lowest tier "fine, if you insist on refusing to literally do ANYTHING ELSE, you can do these quests" one though. It exists so people don't bitch that they are being forced into doing a playlist activity or a raid.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Cameo is just amazing.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm beginning to think Shaxx just thinks it's funny to keep giving me Lucky Pants with shit rolls over and over

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So something I haven't seen anyone bitch about re: transmog:

I assume there are probably several "destination" bounties available, but highlighting one that makes you play content that hasn't had relevant rewards in....years? is certainly a choice. Yes, please, Ada-1. I certainly want to go run some fucking blind well for transmog whosits. Certainly not, I dunno, Cosmodrome public events, for example!

Well good news, they recently updated Dreaming City weapons so that they’re current. I do a bit of DC stuff sometimes to see if I can get a good Retold Tale.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I didn't know I needed it but now I need people to tweet up Gina Torres to get some decent Ikora voice work, like they've done with Zavala except Zavala actually gets to talk sometimes in the game.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    I mean the difference there is Lance Reddick will do it out of love, but Gina Torres is getting paiiiiid

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
    IKora is supposed to be back next season and be a big part of Witch Queen.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    I mean the difference there is Lance Reddick will do it out of love, but Gina Torres is getting paiiiiid

Pretty sure Lance is getting paid, at least SAG rates for official VA.

The fun stuff on tiktok is different, but even then I think he Cameo'd the first and so got paid.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited April 2021
    Fallout did a video on my favorite current loadout, Dead Man's Tale and a Breach Loader GL. Unfortunately he does what I see a lot of people doing and uses a Truthteller, and it has Spike Grenade on it. This is way too small of a Blast Radius.

Here's the godroll, and the best breach loader in the game by far with Blast Radius:
    c2yctp5qhbdr.png

Smart Drift Control is a + in every column, Proximity Det is the key to making this loadout work for me personally as it allows for much more aggressive plays. Sometimes it fails to trigger and you get got, but 9/10 it's the best perk to have. In his video he shows how unreliable it is but in practice I find I land way more shots than I miss. Spike grenades are nice but I'm not always going for direct hits.

Autoloading (which Fallout does use to his credit) so you never really have to reload and then Quickdraw/Quick Access Sling so you can always be whipping it out as fast as possible to get the edge against shotgun rushers.

Still, it's a monster build no matter what and I figure because of this stuff the hipfire on DMT will eventually get nerfed.

Local H Jay on
    5ftb2y8188nu.png

I will 1v1 fallout this minute

edited April 2021
    Also what is the point in running both Disruption break and Spike grenades, they'll be dead before you can take advantage of the debuff? Idk

0r7f8vpendcy.png

I just don't think it's a worthy trade off. Being able to take my mind off when to release the trigger is a huge thing, because if it just gets close enough it'll bop them. I can't see running Spikes all the time if you're not actively trying for OHKOs and that's way harder than just glancing them and hot swapping

Time to make my own youtube video about this

Local H Jay on
    edited April 2021
    I don't know if it's different on console, but on PC I can tell you that the difference between spike and proxy in terms of actually landing a hit is MASSIVE. Spike nades lets the thing one-shot in what feels at least like 90% of situations but it also makes the hit box for the enemy incredibly small. Like "you can brush their armpit hairs as it passes between their arm and their body and still whiff the shot" small.

Proxy nades + Disruption Break + Quick Access Sling is my go to. I'm still trying to find a truthteller that has all those + autoloading holster. I've only managed to hit 3/4 so far though. /sadface

shryke on
    Yeah I'm sure the PC difference is a factor, but for my aggro play style I like Prox Det for being able to get into scraps and doing crazy movement, and not worry about when to release the grenade because it (should) get someone if it gets close enough.

My biggest issue in close encounters is that while my grenades won't one-shot my opponent they seem to have no issue one-shotting me. Which is annoying and stupid and I hate it.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Edit: you basically already talk about this.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
    Fallout did a video on my favorite current loadout, Dead Man's Tale and a Breach Loader GL. Unfortunately he does what I see a lot of people doing and uses a Truthteller, and it has Spike Grenade on it. This is way too small of a Blast Radius.

Here's the godroll, and the best breach loader in the game by far with Blast Radius:
    snip

Smart Drift Control is a + in every column, Proximity Det is the key to making this loadout work for me personally as it allows for much more aggressive plays. Sometimes it fails to trigger and you get got, but 9/10 it's the best perk to have. In his video he shows how unreliable it is but in practice I find I land way more shots than I miss. Spike grenades are nice but I'm not always going for direct hits.

Autoloading (which Fallout does use to his credit) so you never really have to reload and then Quickdraw/Quick Access Sling so you can always be whipping it out as fast as possible to get the edge against shotgun rushers.

Still, it's a monster build no matter what and I figure because of this stuff the hipfire on DMT will eventually get nerfed.

I thought there was a unwritten trade off with blast radius, the less it was, the more impact + explosion damage happened. You could milk more damage out with direct hits and thats why its popular? A blast radius mastery was bad because it increased radius and lowered damage. And holding the button down is time you are spending not switching weapons to keep firing, but I think you are talking pvp builds so I guess it doesnt matter?

It doesn't lower the damage, it just changes the ratio afaik.

Velocity increase impact damage and decreases blast damage.
    Blast Radius increases blast damage and decreases impact damage.
    Overall the total damage remains the same I think.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    The best I have is Orewing's with Proxy / Quickdraw / Moving Target. I'm still holding onto my Militia's Birthright with Proxy / Quickdraw / Auto-loading Holster until Bungie bestows upon us another kinetic GL.

edited April 2021
    These are the Truthtellers I mess with. Orewing rolls were generally less generous to me.

I am a hoarder / indecisive.

91o3nz0393bq.png

Bizazedo on
    edited April 2021
    https://youtu.be/vZUnFbm0bek
    I made my first talky crucible vid, time to steal all of fallouts twitch subs

Fact checked myself, Truthteller does have the same blast radius, I was using a roll with a perk that lowered it as comparison

Local H Jay on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I've often thought about making a series of Destiny Crucible videos from the perspective of a good but not very good and far from great player. I think it could be entertaining, but it would also be a lot of work that I don't have time for, so I don't, but someone should!

edited April 2021
    Bleh I missed this was covered haha

Local H Jay on
    edited April 2021

The fun stuff on tiktok is different, but even then I think he Cameo'd the first and so got paid.
    I mean everyone’s favourite Zavala meme from this season was straight up just read out and posted on Twitter not Cameo I believe?

Catalase on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I never really tried the light grenade launchers in PvP.

See Local H Jay's video and think "oh wow, that looks fun"

Rounding out my weekly bounties today and get a Truthteller drop with proximity grenades...

Universe trying to tell me something eh?

Edit: Do I only have until the end of the season to get Dead Man's Tale? That seems like a fun combo. Not really entirely used to how seasons and whatnot work, still adjusting to modern Destiny 2.

Inquisitor on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I would imagine the presage mission is sticking around like the hawk moon mission from last season.

The trick to making DMT worth it is to get the catalyst done as well, it's why hipfire is so accurate

A nice 120 will pair just fine with a breachload GL too.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I’m still bad at judging the hipfire distance on DMT. I keep hipfiring at inadvisable distances.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I finally got Salvager's Salvo tonight, I know, I know, but in my first game with it I got two double kills and ten kills total so yeah it's hilarious and rules.

Elki wrote: »
    I’m still bad at judging the hipfire distance on DMT. I keep hipfiring at inadvisable distances.

You can hit some targets at absurd ranges with the hipfire on DMT. I was standing near one of the exits (on the inside, not even outside) on Burning Shrine hipfiring at a target at the edge of the outside (i.e. they could've jumped off the map) and was doming him repeatedly. He was top tree Dawn and flying through the air, but nope, yellow numbers every shot.

Just put their heads near the bottom of the circular reticule :).

I still think bow and a quickdraw 120 is better than breach GL / DMT, but both are honestly dumb and I hate 'em lol.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I mean everyone’s favourite Zavala meme from this season was straight up just read out and posted on Twitter not Cameo I believe?

Cameo isn't where you post stuff, it's where midtier celebs agree to read a five minute birthday message into their phone for like a hundred bucks. They aren't intended to go viral.

Hmmm.... that sounds a little like I think it is shitty and I don't.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish

Cameo isn't where you post stuff, it's where midtier celebs agree to read a five minute birthday message into their phone for like a hundred bucks. They aren't intended to go viral.

Hmmm.... that sounds a little like I think it is shitty and I don't.

Yes, I meant that alot of the Lance Reddick stuff isn't sourced from Cameo, he just puts it on twitter for the love of it, whereas the Ginna Torres one is likely something someone paid for on Cameo

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50287
    One quick thing to call out is that the opening area of the Vault of Glass will now be a private space for your fireteam, so don’t expect any backup from wandering Guardians. You won’t be able to abandon the mission and explore Venus (as tempting as that is). There is only one way forward and that is into the Vault.

😔

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Literally worse news than armor synthesis

Preorder canceled

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    I mean no one thought they were adding all of Venus, right?

• OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    They're buffing LFRs. Which is cool.

But can trace rifles please get an ammo finder? Or can we please have our generic ammo finders back?

august wrote: »
    I mean no one thought they were adding all of Venus, right?

No, but even so, it would have been nifty to load in and see another team doing it already and helping. That was part of the charm of the original.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    As one of the six people who regularly uses Unrelenting on one of their PVE primaries, I'm glad it is getting a (not entirely clear) buff!