As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My brother long ago painted his dryads in fall colors as he did not play them much in his Wood Elf army
    So he said he will continue the look with the Sylvaneth

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Is there a subfraction that combines sylvaneth with some aelves or cities of Sigmar?

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yes, but it's in Cities of Sigmar.
    The Living City lets you take 1 in 4 units as Sylvaneth and they gain the Cities of Sigmar and Living City keywords. It's not a bad subfaction in general, lets you ambush units from a board edge and has a shoot and scoot CA if I recall correctly.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Yes, but it's in Cities of Sigmar.
    The Living City lets you take 1 in 4 units as Sylvaneth and they gain the Cities of Sigmar and Living City keywords. It's not a bad subfaction in general, lets you ambush units from a board edge and has a shoot and scoot CA if I recall correctly.

the big problem is that sylvaneth is real bad right now, they need some serious help (and kroak and KO need to be nerfed to shit)

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I would also accept Kroak getting buffed along with his points skyrocketing to something appropriately matched! But yes, Sylvaneth are in a rough spot, at the moment I'd probably recommend anyone looking to play Sylvaneth stick to Living City instead (Also comes with the bonus of not needing, like, 6 wyldwood kits on top of the cost of the army itself.)

But, again, with BR updates being handed out and (potentially) a new edition round the corner there's probably not too much point getting hung up on balance issues right this moment. Though then again I've not been able to play a game since lockdowns started, so perhaps I'm brushing it off too easily.

I would also accept Kroak getting buffed along with his points skyrocketing to something appropriately matched! But yes, Sylvaneth are in a rough spot, at the moment I'd probably recommend anyone looking to play Sylvaneth stick to Living City instead (Also comes with the bonus of not needing, like, 6 wyldwood kits on top of the cost of the army itself.)

But, again, with BR updates being handed out and (potentially) a new edition round the corner there's probably not too much point getting hung up on balance issues right this moment. Though then again I've not been able to play a game since lockdowns started, so perhaps I'm brushing it off too easily.

most armies are in a pretty good place now, obviously some are better than others because that's the nature of the beast, it's just seraphon, tzeentch, and KO are way too strong: and sylvaneth, beastie boys, and nurgle are extremely rough right now

but yeah, GW has no problems making sweeping points (and sometimes actual warscroll) changes to try and keep the game healthy, so collect what you want and they might be good in 6-12 months! or at least totally fine

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Honestly I really don't want a box with anything Stormcast in it, so I'm hoping that rumor isn't true.

At the very least while AoS does have weak subfactions, it isn't anywhere near in as bad a position as 40k.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Much like Space Marines (though not to nearly the same extent) stormcast have been the poster bois of all the starter sets (sample size of 2 I know).

I wouldn't be surprised if this trend continues. I also wouldn't be surprised if GW decided to use a different order faction for 3rd. AoS is less set in stone compared to 40k.

I know next week is Warhammer fest again
    v6k5qb8dgltk.png
    So I feel the next starter will be stormcast {I have been told pre Morthai book they made a good combo army with DoK so that was why I was tempted to get that caster army you needed the general out of soul wars to play with} Realm Lords is another one up there
    The other half would be?? Bonereapers? Chaos once more? I have no idea Idoneth?

I know from people piecing out Shadow & pain I have a Melusai army as they were easier to get compared to the Slaanesh stuff

PiptheFair wrote: »
    ...and nurgle are extremely rough right now

Oh, I don't agree with this at all! Even pre-Teclis I don't think Nurgle belongs in that bottom category, and certainly post--Teclis they've only gotten better. Though granted the mortal/rotbringer side of things remains a little lacklustre, the demon side plays pretty strongly.

Brainleech wrote: »
    I know next week is Warhammer fest again
    v6k5qb8dgltk.png
    So I feel the next starter will be stormcast {I have been told pre Morthai book they made a good combo army with DoK so that was why I was tempted to get that caster army you needed the general out of soul wars to play with} Realm Lords is another one up there
    The other half would be?? Bonereapers? Chaos once more? I have no idea Idoneth?

I know from people piecing out Shadow & pain I have a Melusai army as they were easier to get compared to the Slaanesh stuff

So the symbols in the banners: Sororitas, Orks, Stormcast, Blooddragons (vampire), Necromunda (I think, the skull emblem way in the back). What is the encircled skull emblem? Deathrattle?

The encircled skull is the Underworlds logo, they've still got one more season 4 warband to debut.

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    That new Sylvaneth makes me want to start a Sylvaneth army. I kind of love Ylthari's Guardians for Underworld too. Are Tree Revenant armies a thing? I like them way more than the dryads. I know so little about the faction because no one around here has ever played them.

All that said, I'm moving to Okinawa in a couple months, so I'll likely wait until I'm settled in there before I start down the barky/ghosty path.

Nealneal wrote: »
    That new Sylvaneth makes me want to start a Sylvaneth army. I kind of love Ylthari's Guardians for Underworld too. Are Tree Revenant armies a thing? I like them way more than the dryads. I know so little about the faction because no one around here has ever played them.

All that said, I'm moving to Okinawa in a couple months, so I'll likely wait until I'm settled in there before I start down the barky/ghosty path.

Tree- and Spite revenants are battleline in a Sylvaneth army, while Dryads are always battleline. If I understand that correctly that means I could not take the revenants as battleline in an allied cintingent or as the one in four unit choice in a Living City army, right?

Tree Revs can be battleline, and they're very useful for teleporting onto objectives and generally being a pain, but they don't really have the hitting power to work as the main core of a list. You can use them to supplement most lists though.

Cities of Sigmar is the one book my brother refuses to look at or touch as he is that salty about his armies from warhammer

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Dryads could use a model update to bring their designs more in line with the newer Hunters, revenants, and Branchwych. Although the new price would probably be not that great. Currently you can get 16 for the cost of 5 revenants. ouch at the revenants.

It will more than likely be the Soulblight Gravelords full army reveal.

PiptheFair wrote: »

They more likely would do that in the warhammer reboot

osp3vchg5w7m.png
    The coin for May is odd
    The free model of the month is a Deathrattle Grave Guard
    I am debating about going either tomorrow when I wake up to the GW store to get the store anniversary items I got at the end of March or wait till Wednesday and have a better plan and not be beat ass tired from work

edited April 2021
    Current Deepkin Army:

qdwp4gnzkxbb.jpg

gkqrgn1d7ouw.jpg

hfm387rbaiv0.jpg

tgswukom7omp.jpg

dpsd5gb6uu0z.jpg

Yes, I know it needs more eels and sharks. I will be working on that. Hopefully they are due for a new codex soon, because they are basically a 2 unit army currently.

Edit: Now I think of it, I believe this is missing another 20 Thralls, Lotann and my Soulrender. Unfortunately this is the most up to date photo I have until I get my army back from Australia :P

Aegeri on
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    The Warhammer Community article previewing this month's White Dwarf has an image of the table of contents. Included is the battle report, which features Lumineth vs "the Undead legions of Lauka Val, the Mother of Nightmares". There's also a (blurry) image of what appears to be a very tall model that, while it's hard to make out, almost looks vaguely vampire-centaur-y (or, at least, a vampire riding some weird creature... like I said, blurry).

Edit: huh, apparently "a new vampire where the top half is a vampire and the bottom half is some four legged winged beast, there is also an alternative unnamed option" was a part of a rumour/leak...
    From reddit:
    "For reference, the full rumour said Cursed City models other than skellies and zombies would have to be taken as a set but there would also be a beast Radukar that could be taken on its own, no new Grave Guard or Black Knights but updated sculpts for Dire Wolves, weird vampire centaurs as mentioned above, Nagash playable but Arkhan, Morghasts and ghosts removed from faction, no horde bonuses for skellies and zombies but zombies do mortals on 6s to hit and replace a model on a 2+ whenever they score a kill and when skeletons are picked to fight they restore models lost that phase on a 4+.

The very specific gameplay rules had me dismiss it but vampire dragon centaurs is such a weird specific thing that if this isn't a conversion then the rest is worth looking out for."

LordSolarMacharius on
    Maybe that's the vampire version of whatever kragnos is.

It's hard to tell from the tiny image, I'm assuming it's not a kitbash cos I feel those don't tend to show up in WD outside of dedicated articles? We do already have mutated vampires like the Vargheist and such, my best guess is maybe if a bestial vamp like that can regain their sanity they get a best of both worlds situation?

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    The alleged rumour (I hadn't heard it before, so I guess it's possible someone's just making it up) says that it has wings, and I can kind of see it...
    py0tve8rg6rb.jpg
    Bizzare looking, but hey: it's Age of Sigmar. Vampataurs, why not?

//

I also see that AoS: Stormgrounds has a new trailer out that looks a bit more at gameplay. (I'm liking the looks of the customisation.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXeOyBNUR8Q

This pretty much 100% confirms that Monday will be the full reveal of Soulblight Gravelords.

Speaking of which my brother was talking about the lack of a proper dragon in AoS
    I bought up we might see it with Tyrion's elves [As I think his will be the other half of the realm lords maybe or because of what happened at the end in the Khaine book. which is one of the reasons my brother is saltly about his high elf army} Or whatever Malekith calls himself as I am still very curious what his elves will be

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Warhammer community has an article summarising the Broken Realm books.

This is from Be'lakor:
    Be’lakor takes advantage of the havoc and confusion to snatch a long-planned victory and regain his lost glory. After coercing Lady Olynder to join his cause, the Dark Master invades Chamon and lays siege to the mighty city of Vindicarum. The forces of Order drive him off at great cost, aided in part by a mysterious, white-bearded duardin

Who's this then?

The next book is called Broken Realms: Kragnos

Some people have speculated Grungi, more think it's Grombrindal (aka The White Dwarf, possibly aka Snorri Whitebeard).

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Some people have speculated Grungi, more think it's Grombrindal (aka The White Dwarf, possibly aka Snorri Whitebeard).

I think it's Santa.

He's actually normal-sized, it's just that GW's size creep over the years have made him seem like a dwarf next to everyone else.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Yeah, mystery dwarf with a white beard driving off a chaos army? That’s Grombrindal’s MO right there. Be good to get him back on the table again after all these years…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    That character is a fairly prominent person in the Be'lakor narrative, either option certainly makes sense given what's presented, it's more Grombindal's style but I could see them transplanting that onto Grungi if the story swings more towards Duardin through the new edition.

Thing is, Grombrindal had artefacts forged by all of the Dwarf pantheon; he’s basically their chosen champion as a whole. A Dwarf Everchosen, in a way, so he could rep for any of them or all of them and make it stick.

Anyway, I don’t care as long as it gets my Dispossessed back on the table as a real army and not an adjunct to some manling city guards…

Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Thing is, Grombrindal had artefacts forged by all of the Dwarf pantheon; he’s basically their chosen champion as a whole. A Dwarf Everchosen, in a way, so he could rep for any of them or all of them and make it stick.

Anyway, I don’t care as long as it gets my Dispossessed back on the table as a real army and not an adjunct to some manling city guards…

There are currently two dwarves armies aside from cities!

You mean fyreslayers and karadrons? Neither of those are really anything like the old regimented Dwarves from 8th edition and before.

Mr_Rose wrote: »

Plus if Grombrindal is Snorri Whitebeard, then he's Grungi's eldest son. So Grungi could still be tied into the story in some way.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    TheGerbil on
    I bet belakor's sword painted with one of those super black blacks would look cool.

This discussion has been closed.