As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Legends of Tomorrow Flash by like an Arrow!

1676869707173»

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    It was also an unenviable task, as "Replace beloved character" (especially the way LoT did it) starts you at a net negative with the fandom of no fault of your own.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Supergirl did a time travel episode tonight that went back to 2009 and introduced a young Cat Grant and because it's the CW they cast someone like 30 years younger than Calista Flockhart to play Calista Flockhart 12 years ago. I know it's like...a general problem with hollywood and television but this is also the show where Lex Luthor is six years younger than his mom, so it feels worth pointing out!

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    If the actors for Superman and Lois didn't do such a damn good job, you wouldn't be able to sell me that they're old enough to have teenagers either.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2021
    Catalase wrote: »
    If the actors for Superman and Lois didn't do such a damn good job, you wouldn't be able to sell me that they're old enough to have teenagers either.

bitsie tulloch is 40

tyler hoechlin is only 33 but they covered for that by going "damn clark, you don't age (because you're superman)"

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Yeah, they mentioned it in his first appearance in Supergirl season 2, when Cat Grant comments on how well-preserved he is.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Handwave it as much as you want, the fact is neither *looks* remotely old enough to have teenagers. It's to their credit really; they sell it very well through their acting.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The kids are also 18 and 20 irl.

sig.gif