As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Game Pass...passes...onto the new thread.

19495969798100»

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Cloud Streaming really makes it so much easier to finish out Game Pass rewards.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Before you go down the emulation hole, they're sending out emails inviting people to try running Game Pass streaming through a web browser and if you haven't gotten one yet you probably will soon. I got mine yesterday and tried it and it's very slick, you log into the website on chrome and it works just like the Android app from there.

Ah this is great, I'm surprised I didn't see anything on it. Thanks for the heads up. I haven't received anything yet. Do I have to subscribe first to get that notification?

I think my game pass is just the PC sub right now.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    The e-mail I got says that I got it because I'm a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber, so maybe that's the tier they're sending it out to now? I suppose you might as well try the Android emulator and see how it goes but if it's terrible you'll know that a browser solution is on the horizon!

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    I thought you need GPU to enjoy any kind of xbox streaming.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    A video card would help, yes.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    The e-mail I got says that I got it because I'm a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber, so maybe that's the tier they're sending it out to now? I suppose you might as well try the Android emulator and see how it goes but if it's terrible you'll know that a browser solution is on the horizon!

I had tried accessing the webpage after my buddy told me about it, but it wouldn't let me in.

I went back and found I had an email from Xbox, apparently I need to use the link in that email to activate my cloud access.

Away we go.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Before you go down the emulation hole, they're sending out emails inviting people to try running Game Pass streaming through a web browser and if you haven't gotten one yet you probably will soon. I got mine yesterday and tried it and it's very slick, you log into the website on chrome and it works just like the Android app from there.

I aint got no stinkin email :(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's just https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play

I wouldn't be surprised if it basically works for anyone with Gamepass Ultimate.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    It's just https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play

I wouldn't be surprised if it basically works for anyone with Gamepass Ultimate.

it does not
    wuigqkbcj1tk.png

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Sweet, looks like I got my email invite yesterday.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Ah yeah, I saw in the reddit post

"No registration or sign up is necessary for this limited beta release. If you have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, there's a chance you'll receive an invite. Check out the Xbox Cloud Gaming Support Hub for more information."

If someone tries it out, would you mind posting about the latency?

Dixon on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I see they've gone an released another 20 hour update for CP. I'd probably be halfway done with it by now if I hadn't decided to use my bandwidth for the Drug Dealer Simulator Demo.

It looks like ass and is unrepresentative of the current game but I still made the correct decision.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I see they've gone an released another 20 hour update for CP. I'd probably be halfway done with it by now if I hadn't decided to use my bandwidth for the Drug Dealer Simulator Demo.

It looks like ass and is unrepresentative of the current game but I still made the correct decision.

I uninstalled C2077 after the last update - I won't replay it for a year or so, and it was just taking up space and bandwidth.

I'm looking forwars to a second run-through when it's actually finished.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Have they said anything about ever adding 360 games to the remote play feature? Not the cloud thing.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I have CP2077 installed on both my PC and my Xbox One X. The latest update was 15GB on Xbox, 1.5GB on Steam.

I'd love to know why such a disparity. It's not the first time it's been much bigger on the console. The last big one redownloaded like two thirds of the entire install, 40GB or so. Like it's having to pull down a shitload of assets as well, but the patch notes don't reflect needing to do that at all.

Jazz on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I basically played the opening of cyberpunk and was like, ok I like this setting and story, but the technical side is so bad that I’m just gonna wait until they do a proper next gen upgrade. I know that’s likely to take ages, like probably over a year, but I have a million other games to play and so I figured I might as well save it for later when it looks better and I can enjoy the experience more

Also they added achievements for game preview games? That’s really awesome.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Jazz wrote: »
    I have CP2077 installed on both my PC and my Xbox One X. The latest update was 15GB on Xbox, 1.5GB on Steam.

I'd love to know why such a disparity. It's not the first time it's been much bigger on the console. The last big one redownloaded like two thirds of the entire install, 40GB or so. Like it's having to pull down a shitload of assets as well, but the patch notes don't reflect needing to do that at all.

If it's still basically the same thing as it was years ago, the reason is it is replacing the 'launch files'. The file or files the game needs to boot up every time.

When I pre-downloaded it, the final download on launch day was ~15 GB. And except for two, they've all been about that size. The PC can replace specific files at a time. The update sizes are different on different platforms. The 1X has the largest and I bet it's because of whatever format requirement MS had for their file structure. Which would be different for each of their console generations.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I basically played the opening of cyberpunk and was like, ok I like this setting and story, but the technical side is so bad that I’m just gonna wait until they do a proper next gen upgrade. I know that’s likely to take ages, like probably over a year, but I have a million other games to play and so I figured I might as well save it for later when it looks better and I can enjoy the experience more

Also they added achievements for game preview games? That’s really awesome.

I bought it near release but I'm the same as you here, gonna let them get it fixed and polished before I put real time into it.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options

If it's still basically the same thing as it was years ago, the reason is it is replacing the 'launch files'. The file or files the game needs to boot up every time.

When I pre-downloaded it, the final download on launch day was ~15 GB. And except for two, they've all been about that size. The PC can replace specific files at a time. The update sizes are different on different platforms. The 1X has the largest and I bet it's because of whatever format requirement MS had for their file structure. Which would be different for each of their console generations.

Potentially, but then that does raise the question of how other games can manage much, much smaller updates, which is why I was wondering if it was something odd about how it's packaged on CDPR's end.

• Options
    Six of one, half dozen of the other.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I do not have a cloud invite.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I looked and I didn't get a Cloud invite either but I was able to log into the beta just fine. I just spent about 20 minutes playing Banjo Kazooie and it worked great. A little slowdown here or there but nothing game breaking yet.

• Options
    I tried logging into the beta and was told I didn’t have an invite.

• Options
    I assume that's currently NA-only? I don't recall ever getting an invite.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

I think it's open to 10 countries at the moment.
    Cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is available in 22 countries across North America and Europe, plus South Korea. Visit xbox.com/regions for details. This is the first stage of a multi-year journey and we will be adding more countries over time.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Does it seem like some mp halo 5 could be achieved?

• Options

nope, no invite for me in Canada and the site doesn't work

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    No dice for me.

• Options
    Dixon wrote: »

MP Halo with console is my sole reason for caring about cloud play.

I have a buddy, 18 or so years ago we couch co-oped Halo 2 after his dad died. I'm hoping to play again with him, though now we live on opposite coasts. MCC taking up 1/4th of my XSS storage just for the off chance we would have time to play was a little much.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options

I have a buddy, 18 or so years ago we couch co-oped Halo 2 after his dad died. I'm hoping to play again with him, though now we live on opposite coasts. MCC taking up 1/4th of my XSS storage just for the off chance we would have time to play was a little much.

Couldn’t you just delete everything but Halo 2?

• Options
    Six wrote: »

Not on console. Pc, yes. But as of last I checked, PC didn't have cross-play on coop.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Not on console. Pc, yes. But as of last I checked, PC didn't have cross-play on coop.

Console lets you pick and choose what to install too. Options & Career > Settings > Gameplay tab > Change Installed Games. Choices of multi and campaign sections of each game except for ODST.

Jazz on
  • Options

Console lets you pick and choose what to install too.

Has something changed in the last couple month? I tried this back when I first got the XSS late feb, but it was all or nothing.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Console lets you pick and choose what to install too.

Has something changed in the last couple month? I tried this back when I first got the XSS late feb, but it was all or nothing.

Always been there IIRC, at least for the last few years (although the UI has changed a few times). Granted I'm not on a Series, this is on a One X.

Also edited above post.

Jazz on
  • Options

Console lets you pick and choose what to install too. Options & Career > Settings > Gameplay tab > Change Installed Games. Choices of multi and campaign sections of each game except for ODST.

So it's in the game's menu, I was looking in the system menu. Guess I'll give that a try, data cap resets Saturday and I've got the headroom.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I downloaded MCC on Series X and never really played any of it but I’m 99% sure you could pick and choose which campaigns and MP stuff to keep or delete. You may have had to download the entire thing first, I’m not sure.

• Options
    I downloaded MCC on Series X and never really played any of it but I’m 99% sure you could pick and choose which campaigns and MP stuff to keep or delete. You may have had to download the entire thing first, I’m not sure.

At least enough until it pops up "ready to start", I guess. Not sure how much besides the UI/launcher that downloads, though.

So it's in the game's menu, I was looking in the system menu. Guess I'll give that a try, data cap resets Saturday and I've got the headroom.

Ah yes, in-game. Of course it's different on PC, totally spaced that.

• Options
    Every time I try to start a game that’s “ready to start” it just loads into a splash screen with “Installing…X%” and I can’t do anything so I just assume it’s always a fucking lie.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but Halo 5's multiplayer population is still large enough that even esoteric game modes don't take long to wait for. EDIT: Unlike Titanfall 2. Also a buttload of custom game options.

I'll drop into BTB Fiesta Weapons at any time with a few seconds wait, if that. And I'm still bad at it.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular