As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Music] Makes the World Get Down

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Still one of my all time favorite songs.

This whole album you just have to kind of soak in.

PeasBlackDragon480manwiththemachinegunMarek
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    【東方ボーカル】GET IN THE RING|ハウリング【English Subtitles】 5:43

◆ Title: ハウリング( hauringu / “Howling”. )
    ◆ Album: Affections
    ◆ Circle: GET IN THE RING

◇ Arrangement: GCHM
    ◇ Lyrics: Jell
    ◇ Vocals: みぃ( Mie )

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Well one of my favorite bands is selling an nft

Figures it's the one it is. If John Baizley and Baroness ever does one I'll be much more upset. But I'm still pretty bummed out about it.

• Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    So apparently on 4/20, Jeff Rosenstock (of Bomb the Music Industry! and who has been putting out some pretty great solo albums) put out a rework of his most recent album No Dream, where all the songs are now Ska songs.

Steam | WoW | FFXIV | BNet: Eits#1367
    Xaquinmiscellaneousinsanity
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 24
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Hey so I just found out about Gloryhammer and they have a song called Legendary Enchanted Jetpack and it's pretty great?

If you enjoy Gloryhammer (and who doesnt?), you should explore where they got most of their inspiration, I give unto you the Italian masters of writing overwrought metal soundtracks for a teenager's D&D campaigns that feature named uber-weapons Rhapsody (of Fire):

They even talked Christopher Lee into to doing a few tracks with them:

BlackDragon480 on
    First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
    Dee KaemanwiththemachinegunZonugal
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    aaaaaaaa I didn't know this was happening I'm super late
    Porter Robinson is doing his Secret Sky music festival again today, started about 6 hours ago D:

Set Times (all in Pacific Daylight Time)

DJ Potaro · 12:00 PM
    Kero Kero Bonito · 12:20 PM
    Laxcity · 12:50 PM
    Imanu b2b Buunshin · 1:25 PM
    James Ivy · 2:10 PM
    Yvette Young · 2:30 PM
    Wave Racer · 3:00 PM
    Serph · 3:35 PM
    Salute · 4:05 PM
    Boys Noize · 4:55 PM
    No Rome · 5:45 PM
    Swardy · 6:05 PM
    Baauer · 6:40 PM
    Takagi Masakatsu · 7:10 PM
    End of the World · 7:20 PM
    REZZ · 7:40 PM
    Porter Robinson · 8:15 PM

Another track from the new gojira album

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    And now a classic Soviet folk song, with a slight twist:

manwiththemachinegunKana
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    First new track from Kings of Convenience in 12 years, I didn't realize they had a whole new album coming out this year.

Dee KaeNarbus
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Hey so I just found out about Gloryhammer and they have a song called Legendary Enchanted Jetpack and it's pretty great?

If you enjoy Gloryhammer (and who doesnt?), you should explore where they got most of their inspiration, I give unto you the Italian masters of writing overwrought metal soundtracks for a teenager's D&D campaigns that feature named uber-weapons Rhapsody (of Fire):

If we're talking Euro / American metal slightly less bombastic...

BlackDragon480

Love me some Russel Allen and Jorn Lande. Both are fantastic singers with more "soul" and grit to their voices than a lot of metal singers that specialize in clean vocals.

I've had the pleasure of chatting with Sir Russel a couple of times and bought him a beer back in 2012:
    n4q32rzre5pq.jpg

As for Jorn, I think my favorite run of his was when he was with Masterplan:

NaphtalimanwiththemachinegunMunkus Beaver
  • SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    edited April 30
    Beachy Head, released today, is a collaboration featuring (among others) Christian Savill of Slowdive and Matt Duckworth of The Flaming Lips on drums. Has those psych rock/shoegaze sounds you'd expect but I also think there are kind of 80s new wavey kind of vibes in there.

I didn't listen to the whole album yet, I want to save it for when I can lie down and appreciate the thing end-to-end but the teaser tracks 'Destroy Us' and 'All Gone' are cool.

Press.

Solvent on
    I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

• NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular

This is the only Masterplan album I have, but I love it

B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
    BlackDragon480Munkus Beaver
    edited April 30
    New gojira album is fully out today. It's good.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    I just read the first 5 pages or so of this thread and it is WILD reading everyone's concert plans for the year back in Jan.-Feb. of 2020.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 1
    So a while back I finally paid off my credit card (well the big one anyway) but every month I put $25 on it and immediately pay it off so it doesn’t get canceled.

anyway, I LOVE Barrence Whitfield and The Savages. They're like Wilson Pickett but faster and louder

4xn8dc5kdemw.jpg

Xaquin on
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Gojira - The Chant [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i have pretty much been listening to this nonstop since secret sky, the breakdown at 3:30 is nuts

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    This whole project is super neat, bunch of ~1-2 minute songs with a really neat bit of graphical work to go with it, themed around each letter A-Z and numbers 0-9. They were released on consecutive days, though I feel like there is no way each was made in a day, if EITHER the music or the art was done in a day I'd be hella impressed, much less 36 of those great days in a row.

Endless_SerpentsCristoval
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Have we posted this recently?

CristovalJuggernutKanaMarek
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Oooh, that song rules in a lot of good ways.

I cannot stop listening to this one:

It may be perfect.

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    That video lives rent free in my head and I gave it the whole damn floor.

BlackDragon480XaquinTynnanDirtyboy
    Have we posted this recently?

Oh shit this fuckin rules

BlackDragon480CristovalPeas
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    一花一世界 (One flower is a world) | 巫娜 Wuna| 古琴Guqin 57:03

CristovalEndless_Serpents
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    This morning we are blessed with a brand new collaborative track from Los Angeles-based noise rock band HEALTH and industrial legend Trent Reznor, with the final mix being produced by Atticus Ross.

Crippl3TallahasseerielAzraithBlackDragon480miscellaneousinsanityTynnan
    P!nk - All I Know So Far (Official Video)

• Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited May 10
    Oooo Digitalism had a new small album drop last week and I didn't even see till now. Its so good!

Dee Kae on
    New Mastodon track from Dark Knights: The Soundtrack which I think is a DC/Batman thing but whatever it's new Mastodon

Crippl3
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    new Anamanaguchi video

• Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular

Love me some Russel Allen and Jorn Lande. Both are fantastic singers with more "soul" and grit to their voices than a lot of metal singers that specialize in clean vocals.

I've had the pleasure of chatting with Sir Russel a couple of times and bought him a beer back in 2012:
    n4q32rzre5pq.jpg

As for Jorn, I think my favorite run of his was when he was with Masterplan:

Love that album. Especially Crimson Rider and Falling Sparrow.

A song I've recently been listening to a bunch has been this:

I fuckin love when metal bands cover other metal bands

Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    BlackDragon480
    edited May 13
    I still think my favorite band right now is beast in black

Fuckin love this band man.

Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    BlackDragon480
    Yannis is one of the few male vocalists that can take my sky-high range to the limit and he can rub a little more funk on his lows in ways that I can't replicate. When Blind and Frozen first hit (and before the video showed it was all him) I had several people ask me to give a listen and ask if it was more than one vocalist and if I could handle it.

I can do a respectable interpretation, but the overall set list better be 90 minutes or less or a one off performance.

I legitimately thought that Blind and Frozen was a male/female duet until I saw the video.

Twitch Channel
    BlackDragon480
    I legitimately thought that Blind and Frozen was a male/female duet until I saw the video.

It took a few listens for me to figure it out, he does a great job of changing timbre along with pitch so it basically is 2 performances from one Greek man.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Jack Terricloth, the founder/frontman/lead singer of The World/Inferno Friendship Society, has passed away

They weren't my first concert, but they were my first punk show, and they have had a lot of significance in my life since. Up until very recently I had kept the wine cork Jack had spit into the crowd at a show, but I threw it out with my move.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    New Blanck Mass album, looks like it's only available on his Bandcamp site for now

https://blanckmass.bandcamp.com/album/mind-killer

Diarmuid on

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular