As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Another Big Sale to see out this thread!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man this epic lawsuit is dragging all kinds of ugly shit out. Like it is sony that keeps games from being crossplay and when they are they charge companies extra for the crossplay because of the lost revenue to Sony.

Meanwhile the MLB show 21 servers are still dogshit and SDS isn't saying shit there.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's never been a mystery that Sony was preventing crossplay, but charging for the function? So bad

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Apparently everyone has gotten this cloud invite but me. AM I NOT AMERICAN ENOUGH

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Apparently everyone has gotten this cloud invite but me. AM I NOT AMERICAN ENOUGH

I believe your supremely foreign thread creator has gotten one.

Me. I got one.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Ooh, Ezio Collection and FC5, will need to download and try those out with FPBoost.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    I too still have no cloud invite :sad:

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    I heard the cloud invite makes the chocolate taste terrible.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Red Dead 2 Online is coming to gamepass/back to gamepass. Some other stuff too. PC is getting the weird sequel to final fantasy x.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Sounds about right for them.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I'm really annoyed that FFIX is going away from Gamepass at the same time X/X-2 are being added. This feels like a bad faith way to technically add all the promised games from that presentation long ago, while doing it piecemeal and never actually adding the whole promised slate as they implied they would be. It's like how Netflix will offer Rocky 3, 4, and 7, but not 1-4 so you could just watch the series in a normal, enjoyable way.

• Options
    Sounds about right for them.

What I love is on twitter people immediately what about'd the xbox 360 days. Yep two wrongs definitely make it fine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    I'm really annoyed that FFIX is going away from Gamepass at the same time X/X-2 are being added. This feels like a bad faith way to technically add all the promised games from that presentation long ago, while doing it piecemeal and never actually adding the whole promised slate as they implied they would be. It's like how Netflix will offer Rocky 3, 4, and 7, but not 1-4 so you could just watch the series in a normal, enjoyable way.

So what you're saying is, Game Pass really is the Netflix of gaming.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »

That's an insult to Game Pass, it actually has bigger budget games in it's library. If Game Pass just had Jump Force and Prey and Evolve and every knockoff 2D sprite indie game, now you're more like Netflix a dab.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    nusu wrote: »

That's an insult to Game Pass, it actually has bigger budget games in it's library. If Game Pass just had Jump Force and Prey and Evolve and every knockoff 2D sprite indie game, now you're more like Netflix a dab.

I mean microsoft did buy a lot of smaller studios and not just the AAA ones, so clearly it was important to have a variety for people.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    So, Xbox thread, I need help. On a scale of 1 to FUBAR, where do I land?

I recently purchased two Xbox Gold 12 month cards on Amazon, because my GPU was expiring. So I wanted to get Gold for 2 years then upgrade to GPU. I've read that this still works.

The vendor on Amazon sent me two Canadian Xbox Live cards. I looked up online, and to activate these I needed to change my region to Canada. No big deal, so I did so, the cards redeemed, everything seemed copasetic. But then, when I tried to upgrade to GPU, I get a region error. So, I tried on PC. Region error.

Then I contacted Support through the web, who told me they couldn't do anything, and that I had to contact the vendor. I put in an Amazon ticket, and am currently ready to mail back the cards, but I don't think that will do anything. Because, after all, I did redeem the cards. And I'm not sure that the vendor can do anything to fix an account lock on Microsoft's side.

So, is there anything I can do to get my account upgraded to GPU? Or am I just boned for the next two years?

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Did you try the GPU sub after changing your region to Canada again?

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    So this Canadian got the Xcloud on iOS invite. Gave it a try and had a helluva time. Could not use my controller, even though it is connected to the iPad. The touch controls were extremely laggy to the point of it being unplayable. I guess these issues could have all been due to my kinda crappy Canadian wifi, even though I’m currently getting 29 up and 56 down.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    Mulletude wrote: »

Yes. It won't let me because the region on my payment doesn't match the region I am purchasing it for.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Cool a tonne of FPS boosts for games. Interested in assassins creed unity in particular

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

Yes. It won't let me because the region on my payment doesn't match the region I am purchasing it for.

I'd go back to MS and advise the cards are already redeemed. Do you have other payment methods tied to the account, like your VISA?

• Options

As you've already activated cards, I'm going to join @Nosf and call Microsoft by phone again (chat support may also work if you're there at the right time). It's tedious to be sure, but historically they're over-forgiving and overly lenient in these kind of scenarios. Unfortunately in Amazon's case, at the very least you're still going to have that Gold subscription time, on top of consciously buying subscription time listed as not in your region, which gives you less room.

• Options
    It turns out that pitching for the Mariners sucks. Oh, I’m down 2-0 after 2? Fuck.

• Options
    It turns out that pitching for the Mariners sucks. Oh, I’m down 2-0 after 2? Fuck.

I tried their road to october, even on fucking rookie it was miserable. The mariners in the game are like extra hard mode, no one on the team is above a silver aside from gen fucking giles and he's not even in the lineup as their closer.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Also uhh I got that cloud invite, and the chocolate is devine, charlie is a liar.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    well shit, got the cloud invite!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

As you've already activated cards, I'm going to join @Nosf and call Microsoft by phone again (chat support may also work if you're there at the right time). It's tedious to be sure, but historically they're over-forgiving and overly lenient in these kind of scenarios. Unfortunately in Amazon's case, at the very least you're still going to have that Gold subscription time, on top of consciously buying subscription time listed as not in your region, which gives you less room.

I call them and they told me the only thing I can do is wait 90 days for the region change cooldown to expire. They attempted to change my region for me, but got the same error.

• Options
    I’m getting really annoyed at my privilege not coming through for me here

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I tried their road to october, even on fucking rookie it was miserable. The mariners in the game are like extra hard mode, no one on the team is above a silver aside from gen fucking giles and he's not even in the lineup as their closer.

I thought it was just that I can’t hit and while that turned out to be true, hitting as the Mariners is like having the whole team be a slap hitting rookie in double A ball who is also a pitcher.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

I call them and they told me the only thing I can do is wait 90 days for the region change cooldown to expire. They attempted to change my region for me, but got the same error.

It's not want you want to hear, but generally, I've always avoided buying different region subscription time for this reason. But at least they were willing to try and help you.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    VGC
    @VGC_News
    Sony has registered a trademark for Insomniac’s Xbox exclusive Sunset Overdrive. The game's director re-joined earlier this year, after a period working at Microsoft.

https://vgc.news/news/sony-registers-trademark-for-insomniacs-xbox-shooter-sunset-overdrive/

Looks like Sunset Overdrive is moving from one exclusive platform to the other

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Sunset Overdrive was great - bummer if a sequel stays exclusive to one platform or the other but happy to see that franchise may continue.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Sunset Overdrive is one of those games that I really wanted to see get a sequel because it had problems but there was something there. A sequel that let them figure it out some more could have been great, but alas...

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I should replay it.

• Options
    Interesting--I could see Sunset Overdrive going the Hellblade route (Playstation exclusive, widely promoted but not nearly as well received, before being purchased by a competitor entirely).

Better than nothing I suppose.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm assuming it's because Insomniac owned the IP anyways so why not

I hope it comes to PS4 too so I don't need a 5

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Realism.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options

Realism.

I walked a guy (my third all season) and I imagined Lou Piniella coming out of the dugout and just screaming, “THROW STRIKES” in my face.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Phil Spencer
    @XboxP3
    Sad to hear about the departures at @giantbomb, one of the highlights of E3 each year was spending time with the the team getting to talk about the news of the show. All the best to everyone.

3 of the founding members of Giant Bomb (Brad, Vinny, and Alex) are leaving on Friday, announced earlier. Every year Phil would do a very candid livestreamed interview with Jeff Gerstmann and them, it was always a highlight of the whole show.