As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jessica Walter Memorial [TV] Thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    I don't see any Legends of Tomorrow talk here, which is weird because season 6 just started and it had the most BONKERS, OUT OF NOWHERE TWIST all of a suddent, as Legends does
    Gary was an alien all along. Not only that, but a shapeshifting gross bug alien and his glasses are some kind of holographic camouflage device that makes him look like Gary. Also he was engaged to another alien this whole time.
    Yeah, it's so bonkers it kind of doesn't make sense? Like, that has to be a change from Crisis or something, otherwise those glasses are more than a hologram.

Yes, I'm referring to the Evil Nipple.

Here's the thing

it's fine

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    The Arrowverse's timey-wimey has made absolutely no sense ever since Flashpoint, which should have brought the original Harrison Wells back to life but didn't, and then Eobard Thawne only didn't look like him for like a season before he became Tom Cavanagh again

it's fine

sig.gif
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Amber breaking up with, then immediately getting it back together with mark

Is very easily the worst part of the series in Invincible.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Amber breaking up with, then immediately getting it back together with mark

Is very easily the worst part of the series in Invincible.

It's very high school.

That being said, relationships in general are going to end up being a recurring "what the fuck" in that series

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    We're getting more Leverage. Most of the original cast is back in their roles (only Timothy Hutton isn't returning), with two new characters being added to the crew.

Holy shit you buried the lede here one of the new characters is played by Noah Wyle!

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    We're getting more Leverage. Most of the original cast is back in their roles (only Timothy Hutton isn't returning), with two new characters being added to the crew.

Holy shit you buried the lede here one of the new characters is played by Noah Wyle!

Given that, it's looking likely that Rogers is the showrunner, since he and Wyle have a strong working relationship.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Given that, it's looking likely that Rogers is the showrunner, since he and Wyle have a strong working relationship.

Kate Rorick is the showrunner (and she's great!). John's involved and helping out, but not running.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

I loved this show and almost nobody I know watched it.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options

Kate Rorick is the showrunner (and she's great!). John's involved and helping out, but not running.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. From the clip, it definitely has the feel of the original - Parker's idea of crime as a bonding activity really felt right.

• Options
    Parker, Hardison, and Elliot were always the strongest part of the show anyway. I wouldn't miss Nate or Sophie.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

What are the odds that at some point Elliot makes a librarian joke about him.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

What are the odds that at some point Elliot makes a librarian joke about him.

Given the team involved, 1:1.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Parker, Hardison, and Elliot were always the strongest part of the show anyway. I wouldn't miss Nate or Sophie.

I'll miss Sophie.

I am 1000% okay with Hutton not being involved in this show anymore though.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Elliot was about the most perfect example of “tough bad boy with a heart of gold” that has ever existed.

I think my favorite scene with him was when he squared off with a hitter from another crew and they didn’t actually fight, they just visualized the fight in their head, adjusted a stance by an inch when it didn’t turn out in their favor, rinse, repeat. It was glorious.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

I'll miss Sophie.

Is he problematic in some way I am unaware of?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options

I'll miss Sophie.

Is he problematic in some way I am unaware of?

Rape accusation came out after the series ended.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

I'll miss Sophie.

Good news, she's still part of the show.

I believe Hardison did get dropped down to recurring, but Aldis Hodge has a lot going on these days.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

I'll miss Sophie.

Good news, she's still part of the show.

I believe Hardison did get dropped down to recurring, but Aldis Hodge has a lot going on these days.

Seriously. He got jacked to play Hawkman.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Elliot was about the most perfect example of “tough bad boy with a heart of gold” that has ever existed.

I think my favorite scene with him was when he squared off with a hitter from another crew and they didn’t actually fight, they just visualized the fight in their head, adjusted a stance by an inch when it didn’t turn out in their favor, rinse, repeat. It was glorious.

All of the team matching up with their opposites was great.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I think I did a double take when I saw him in a tank top in Invisible Man

This discussion has been closed.