As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox] Another Big Sale to see out this thread!

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Sad to hear about GB but nothing lasts forever, also why getting bought by overlords prob complicates things as much as it makes them easier

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Bummed out beyond belief. That said Jeff Gerstmann still remains the backbone of the site, so there's nothing to say they can't still produce more of those incredible E3 interviews with Phil in the future
    Sad to hear about GB but nothing lasts forever, also why getting bought by overlords prob complicates things as much as it makes them easier

It was really just them swinging from one overlord to another lmao. They used to be owned by CBS, which is about as overlord as you can get

I had assumed they still were owned by cbs, didn't even know they swapped to a different corporate wasteland

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    So if I don't have a 4K TV, what benefits do I get from the X over the S? Disc drive and storage space?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Better performance, storage, don't have to upgrade when your TV croaks and you wind up buying a 4k because they're inexpensive hello that was me.

edited May 2021
    So if I don't have a 4K TV, what benefits do I get from the X over the S? Disc drive and storage space?

Those things, and 120fps games, if you have a monitor capable of it. Other than that, faster loading times.

Local H Jay on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    the X has faster load times?

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

https://www.cnet.com/news/xbox-series-x-load-times-vs-xbox-one-x-vs-xbox-series-s-vs-xbox-one/
    Yeah, a little bit. The S is a massive improvement over older models, though.

Man the X is so much beefier
    9bl2t8si6lyt.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    The X is such a tidy unit tho, it’s like a hair cut you can set your watch to

Meanwhile my ps5 next to it looks like it’s doing a threat display to ward off predators

Prohass on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Better performance, storage, don't have to upgrade when your TV croaks and you wind up buying a 4k because they're inexpensive hello that was me.

Can confirm, I wasn't fussed about a 4K TV for years, then my 1080p TV gave up in early January. For replacement TVs over a modest size now it's pretty much 4K or bust.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

Notably, Series X (and Series S) both have faster loading times from external USB storage, which is very appreciated in this time.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »

Meanwhile my ps5 next to it looks like it’s doing a threat display to ward off predators

So, basically about to kill Newman at Jurassic Park?

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Prohass wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls8376jnLtI

We totally know which console is drunk and wants to kiss Suzy Kolber.

Nosf on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So apparently I had forgotten that the only way to start a new game in sunset overdrive is to delete the fucking save file . Who the fuck approved that?

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    So apparently I had forgotten that the only way to start a new game in sunset overdrive is to delete the fucking save file . Who the fuck approved that?

yeah i think there was a trend of that around the start of the last generation. thankfully it didn't stick around around very long.

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I couldn’t find a way so I gave up and played more titanfall 2 . Forcing myself to use weapons I’ve never touched before to level them up . Today was smr and Mozambique , the latter was really fun and I think I will stick with it for awhile .

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I just created an extra profile when I wanted to do a fresh run on Sunset.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Psychonauts 2 apparently is available to preload, suggesting it might be coming out soon?

Psychonauts 2 apparently is available to preload, suggesting it might be coming out soon?

Suggesting maybe I should go back and finish Psychonauts

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I never played Psychonauts but damn I’d pay good money for a sequel to Trenched/Iron Brigade.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So how good are the Seattle Seadogs?

They broke up a perfect game but still managed to send only 27 to the plate.
    According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Means is the first pitcher to throw a non-perfect no-hitter with no walks, hit batters or errors.

Seattle reached base on a dropped third strike and was thrown out stealing.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Means is the first pitcher to throw a non-perfect no-hitter with no walks, hit batters or errors.

Look, we know the answer to this. Come on. Everyone knows the answer to this.

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

I turned on the game during the at bat of the strikeout and turned it off after the CS. Just found out it was a no-no.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    trying the show for the first time

how the hell am I supposed to hit the ball

OK, The Show is way too sim for me lol
    Can't even make the Blaseball player I want, all these hair and cosmetic options are mad boring

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Anyone here use Media Player on Xbox? Moreover, does anyone use a remote with it? Can you use a remote with it?

Until just recently, we'd been using the media player on PS4, but the PS5 doesn't have one and you can't use the PS4's on it, so we're using the Xbox's now. But I'd rather have a dedicated remote.

If so, any recommendations? Had my eye on one Windows Central recommended, but apparently it doesn't turn off by itself.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    OK, The Show is way too sim for me lol
    Can't even make the Blaseball player I want, all these hair and cosmetic options are mad boring

Seriously. Bring back The Bigs. Please.

Anyone here use Media Player on Xbox? Moreover, does anyone use a remote with it? Can you use a remote with it?

Until just recently, we'd been using the media player on PS4, but the PS5 doesn't have one and you can't use the PS4's on it, so we're using the Xbox's now. But I'd rather have a dedicated remote.

If so, any recommendations? Had my eye on one Windows Central recommended, but apparently it doesn't turn off by itself.

Would this suit your needs? It works for all my Xbox media requirements.

https://www.amazon.com/Talon-Media-Remote-Control-Blu-ray-Streaming/dp/B01GOK34SO/ref=mp_s_a_1_3

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I realized yesterday that I could install Kodi on the xbox but couldn’t get it to work, I think because of something related to the pi-hole on my network.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

There are a lot of options, but most of them are ported over from UWP and not very user-friendly (they're not particularly adapted from Windows 10). The in-built media player (mostly for playing things straight of USB or other media storage) has remote support, but its limited by codec (for legal reasons as much as lazy ones I have to imagine), but you can basically shop through the app store on console between CCCP or K-Lite codec pack-powered options.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular

Don't be afraid to lower the difficulty on hitting

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    I played Battlefront 2 on my X last night. First game I played on it. Took a while to find a match. In the second round the game froze. I could get back to the home menu but the game was locked up.

Not the most encouraging first outing with a new system.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Mulletude wrote: »

Don't be afraid to lower the difficulty on hitting

I have it on beginner lol
    I like the pitch guessing mechanic, but that seems to only be on Road To The Show mode

How does DLC work in backwards compatible games? I fired up KOTOR (oXbox disc) and when I went to the DLC menu it said Xbox Live Servers are not longer functioning. I bought the Yavin DLC way back when and am using the same Live account.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    How does DLC work in backwards compatible games? I fired up KOTOR (oXbox disc) and when I went to the DLC menu it said Xbox Live Servers are not longer functioning. I bought the Yavin DLC way back when and am using the same Live account.

For games where they've bothered, you need to search the game in the modern store and download it from there.

edited May 2021

For games where they've bothered, you need to search the game in the modern store and download it from there.

Which to the best of my knowledge only goes back as far as the Xbox 360; Live for the OG Xbox was shut down in 2010. For KOTOR, though, Yavin Station was apparently added as an update a year or two back for the backwards compatible version on Xbox One (and thus Series, I assume it's identical), so it should already be there in the game.

Jazz on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Some of the backwards-compatible games have the DLC built-in. The backwards-compatible version of the original Borderlands, for example, comes with the DLC for free.

I think it's on a case-by-case basis.

Jazz wrote: »

Which to the best of my knowledge only goes back as far as the Xbox 360; Live for the OG Xbox was shut down in 2010. For KOTOR, though, Yavin Station was apparently added as an update a year or two back for the backwards compatible version on Xbox One (and thus Series, I assume it's identical), so it should already be there in the game.

I believe that's true. Though, the only useful thing about Yavin is the introduction of all the different lightsaber colours.

Jazz wrote: »

I believe that's true. Though, the only useful thing about Yavin is the introduction of all the different lightsaber colours.

Less about colors more about saber buffs.

Zdy0pmg.jpg