As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting Game Thread] Street Fighter 6 demo out now on playstation.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm kind of interested in how different things are gonna be in this time around.

I remember thinking Ky was solid if not too crazy but part of that was how weak AAs were in general.

It was hard to scare people into not jumping without meter.

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    It financially makes sense - the MK and Injustice series sold very well, while MVCI... didn't.

Plus maybe the Marvel bigwigs are probably keen to see how NRS would make their single player story.

Marvel vs DC would be the biggest thing if they actually go and do it. The hype levels would be insane.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    It financially makes sense - the MK and Injustice series sold very well, while MVCI... didn't.

Plus maybe the Marvel bigwigs are probably keen to see how NRS would make their single player story.

Marvel vs DC would be the biggest thing if they actually go and do it. The hype levels would be insane.

TBH if it was just Marvel I would say sure but Disney really doesn't seem to like helping their competitors unless they have no choice.

Edit: I didn't know about the Lego stuff.

So maybe I guess.

Dragkonias on
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I'll be interested. MK 11 was, imo, their best MK game in a long while from a gameplay perspective. Story and graphic wise, top notch, obviously, but at the end of the day MK gameplay was usually never a big draw for me. I played 11 for awhile, though.

We'll see what happens if a Marvel game pops out.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    was there a pre-existing licensing contract for the WB/Lego/Marvel stuff though?

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    disney has licensed out many a game in the past to outside studios... and they now own so much bullshit that they'd be hard pressed to find an experienced credible video game studio that isn't somehow connected to a competitor

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCJ0M1nraec

surprise! it's the last member of team orochi!

liEt3nH.png
    KoF has a lot of cool characters and I never know how to assemble my team.

All I know is K' is my favorite character. Followed by Kula.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Alex Moukala is a music producer who has made several videos about Final Fantasy music and now he's getting into Guilty Gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B-u8KMochE

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    I've become so addicted to his videos.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Arcana Heart 3 just stealth-dropped the Xtend edition on Steam without telling anyone, after being silent about it for like three years.

Widescreen support, new stages, 2 new (paid dlc) characters (only one has a new arcana), and a rebalance.

Lars on
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Arcana Heart 3 just stealth-dropped the Xtend edition on Steam without telling anyone, after being silent about it for like three years.

Widescreen support, new stages, 2 new (paid dlc) characters (only one has a new arcana), and a rebalance.

The widescreen support is huge! That's a great QoL upgrade.

Maybe I'll brush up on claw nun today

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    acpRlGW.jpg
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lliAnL8SPvI

i, for better or worse, passed the test

7yh4xczljsym.png
    Strive needs to come out already.

I might give SFV another chance but as soon as I play a Brazilian Ken my entire mood is shot.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    my internet provider has been slowly going to shit and i don't really have any other options here so i'm really looking forward to showing people just how bad the strive netcode can get B)

liEt3nH.png
    Dragkonias wrote: »

I might give SFV another chance but as soon as I play a Brazilian Ken my entire mood is shot.

I tried to play ranked, and a bad Ken on a bad connection did full screen H tatsu at every opportunity. I legit almost lost a round 😣

Yeah I understand why folks who only played SFV's rollback thought rollback was bad, the jerkiness in SFV is pretty ridiculous.

I've been needing a fighting game fix pretty bad and didn't want to reinstall SF or MK.

I re-installed the best secret fighting game that people who played it didn't realize it was a fighting game, For Honor, and been enjoying it even though I am rusty as hell.

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »

I've been needing a fighting game fix pretty bad and didn't want to reinstall SF or MK.

I re-installed the best secret fighting game that people who played it didn't realize it was a fighting game, For Honor, and been enjoying it even though I am rusty as hell.

I've downloaded For Honor probably half a dozen times with the intent of getting back into it and I just never do.

For Unblockables m i rite (i m rite)

Nothing ever compares to the joy of holding and seeing your child!

Welcome to the world Luka!
    Officially papa Rog Partying face

edited May 2021
    goddamn they're all having kids... Valle just had one last week too

SFV so bad the FGC decided to start having sex instead, truly wild

Jasconius on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    SFV so bad it caused everyone to spontaneously start staying home with their loved ones about 9 months ago

BahamutZERO.gif
    Oh yeah, guess with the pandemic and no tournaments among other things might as well start making babies.

acpRlGW.jpg

But for real, though, if you wanna play on a good connection, a bunch of us on the discord server have good internet (except for @I Win Swordfights ).

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    damn.

also that joke is outdated!

i now have good internet, and good computer hardware!

being able to actually plug that hardware into LAN, that's the struggle

also, having free time almost at all

but having said that yes the discord has people who will play video games with you, including me if the stars align

lfYVHTd.png
    edited May 2021
    damn.

also that joke is outdated!

i now have good internet, and good computer hardware!

being able to actually plug that hardware into LAN, that's the struggle

also, having free time almost at all

but having said that yes the discord has people who will play video games with you, including me if the stars align

That's key to the whole thing! You just traded one connection problem for another!

But yes, he is good and fun to fight when he is allowed to connect to networks.

templewulf on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    yeah but there were also days when i was plugged into lan and it was still shit

at least now it is just time zones and the human need for sleep that stand in our way

also my hope is that when strive comes out the discord server will become a bustling hub of activity

cuz i played that game with my friends in europe while i was on my jank ass wifi setup in a separate structure from the router

and the connection was phenomenal

fighting games with your friends is real and it's out there and it's attainable, we are so close

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
    edited May 2021
    I'll take you up on that but I need to knock my rust off cause I haven't played SF in a while.

But if not SF I'll definitely try Strive with everyone.

Dragkonias on
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Anyone who wants to beat up a guy who just can't stop pressing buttons is welcome to come body me in sfv. I'm getting better but it's slow going with only time to play a couple matches each night. Still having fun losing though

edited May 2021
    Except that birdie player that did nothing but cross ups and the seal slide. Not that that was cheap, it was fine and it's on me to beat it. But for not giving me a chance at the runback. Don't one and done! Beat me twice!

QuantumTurk on
    edited May 2021
    Funny thing I decided to hop back online and realized that the fightpad I just bought was faulty and my downbacks were randomly not registering.

Went online with my regular controller and while still leggy at times I had a way better time.

That said I only like playing SF with 6 face buttons so I have to get a new fightpad.

Dragkonias on
    roasted toasted and ghosted

Anyone who wants to beat up a guy who just can't stop pressing buttons is welcome to come body me in sfv. I'm getting better but it's slow going with only time to play a couple matches each night. Still having fun losing though

I don't think I have you added on any of the messaging platforms. Feel welcome to message me on Steam or on Discord

templewulf wrote: »

I don't think I have you added on any of the messaging platforms. Feel welcome to message me on Steam or on Discord

Added!

And I know it's just a thing, but I think that this fellow, with over 5k games, and over 90% win rate, ALL casual, with eleven, just miiiiight have been a smurf. And a bad match for my punk ass. Had to take a walk after that washing. Nothing even to be learned other than "huh, you sure don't know how to play against blanka"

Also cause it was on sale I briefly tried DBZF finally, and I...don't know how anyone can tell what is going on. There is a LOT of visual everything going on there.

• simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Please don't subject yourself to delay netcode

This discussion has been closed.