As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mystery Science Theater 3000] Season 13 done, Season 14 coming?

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I’ve been saying since this thing started that I would be surprised if this didn’t get fully funded, now I would be surprised if it didn’t break past what they made last time

• wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    Welp pledged $50. According to Kicktraq, they're just on track to barely miss 5.5 and I want to do my part to get those shorts.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Welp pledged $50. According to Kicktraq, they're just on track to barely miss 5.5 and I want to do my part to get those shorts.

They're over 5.3 million now and they've got about a full day left.

They're definitely hitting that 5.5 mark, don't worry about it.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Looks like I gotta figure out what level I want to back at. I'm a little concerned about the gizmoplex thing and the remote production plans, so I'm not sure how much cash I actually want to throw at this. I guess the thing that worries me most is if the actors are riffing from separate locations they won't be able to play off each other naturally. It could be really awkward. Time will tell!

Join me in being a snow globe/music box owner!

Yes join him! Definitely not me though I mean hahaha who would be crazy enough to spend that kind of money on a music box snow globe

haha

ha

>.>
    <.<
    >.>

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    25k left!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    DONE! 16 hours left. Let’s get to 5.8 for the secret goal!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I broke down and threw in enough for the DRM free downloads

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    YES!

BACKERS WIN THE SUPERBOWL!

• Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    Fine, you talked me into increasing my pledge. Can't ignore all those extras for that price.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Wow, it got totally funded overnight. I'm a bit shocked it sped up THAT quick!

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited May 2021
    It's really looking like it'll hit the secret surprise

edit: I apparently can't upgrade my backer level =/

Xaquin on
    Xaquin wrote: »
    It's really looking like it'll hit the secret surprise

Yeah I wonder what that even is. Honestly with as much as it slowed down in the middle (which I know they always do, but this seemed like excruciatingly slow) I wasn't sure they were gonna hit all 12 episodes. I'm so glad they did and then some! :D

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    ok so I couldn't update my pledge on my PC, but DLing the app allowed me to

I'm the proud future owner of season a season 13 download =)

edited May 2021
    ok so I couldn't update my pledge on my PC, but DLing the app allowed me to

I'm the proud future owner of season a season 13 download =)

Noice! I just went back in and added in the other classic episodes I wasn't getting as part of my tier ($150), so now I'm getting all of those :3 I mean, I couldn't not when Mitchell is on that list... (although I honestly might already own a DVD with that one on it :D haha.. I know I do for Space Mutiny but that one is incredible as well so whatever, digital version :P)

Edit: God but for $70 more I could get a box set and coin too............ GAAHHH... I shouldn't...

Warlock82 on
    I've got Mitchell on VHS, DVD, and mp4 (or whatever format)

I skipped all the old stuff since aside from the netflix stuff I have it all

They are totally hitting that secret level. I wasn't sure but just watching these numbers, I'm am positive of it now.

99k in 9 hours seems like a lock

Update: If they get to 5.8 (as time of typing 100K left) then the 3-D episode will be a Halloween special and everyone gets 3-D glasses (You gotta pay shipping if not getting anything else physical)

If they beat 6,364,229, which was their total at the conclusion of the telethon last time, they will do a 13th episode and give everyone an extra month of Gizmoplex.

3d eh?

I'd have rather gotten a sticker honestly

but I'm not complaining because 12 episodes and 12 shorts!

3d eh?

I'd have rather gotten a sticker honestly

but I'm not complaining because 12 episodes and 12 shorts!

One of the episodes was already going to be 3-D but you had to either add-on the glasses or pledge at a specific level to get them. They said there would be a 3D and non-3D version of the episode. Now everyone would get at least one pair for free and it is a Halloween themed episode akin to the Christmas ones.

Also the 13th episode would be a Christmas episode for Emily so that all four hosts have one Christmas movie.

edited May 2021
    who is Emily?

I feel like I must have missed an episode or something

edit: she was a host at some live events which explains why I've never seen her

Xaquin on
    who is Emily?

I feel like I must have missed an episode or something

edit: she was a host at some live events which explains why I've never seen her

Yes. I saw her in the live show and she is very good.

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I was miiiiighty tempted to get all the classic episodes but settled for the digital downloads for season 13.

The trick is to spend years buying all the shout factory dvds and tracking down the out of print volumes, then convert your vhs copies of the never to be re-released episodes to dvd and make matching art for the dvd cases like I did.

That was you just have every single episode on disc. My parents and I have been re-watching the series in chronological order, one episode a week. We are almost up to Joel leaving in season 5. Doing it that way really highlights the call backs to previous episodes and the multi episode running jokes they get going.

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    You are my hero, ghost.

Gim wrote: »
    You are my hero, ghost.

Thank you. I try.

I need a few more of the collections, but I do have this

qeu9lyhcucah.jpg

They've been playing Quest of the Delta Knights on the Twitch channel, which means they got the rights back. Come on Shout Factory, sell me a good disc so I can retire my VHS copy.

edited May 2021
    better than Quest of the Delta Burkes I suppose

Xaquin on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    They've been playing Quest of the Delta Knights on the Twitch channel, which means they got the rights back. Come on Shout Factory, sell me a good disc so I can retire my VHS copy.

it's coming

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Ok I threw a few bones their way. Really had to talk myself out of the $400 add on that gets you 130 classic episode downloads.

I went with Season 13 download + Season 12 download + 10 classic episodes download (though it sounds like this is being bumped up to 20?)

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    They passed 5.8 million. Seven hours to get 6.3 for the FINAL final goal.

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I'm watching this telethon and there is a magician on who makes robots out of cardboard that do magic tricks and the twitch chat is loosing its mind.

Also Dana Gould is about to be on.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The telethon is live, with the cast and crew and some special guests:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXv2QKIefGE

There's been some really weird stuff, including the guy behind Rockafire animatronics, a robot doing magic tricks, and Dana Gould.

Weird Al is supposed to be on at some point too.

Rhett Miller is on it now! Crazy how so many people whose work I like are superfans of this show.

• EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I bought the bullet and bought the $75 tier. But wow, that $1000 60-second customer video was realllllllly tempting. I was just a little less broke. At least this gives me some semi-permanent souvenirs.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Netflix execs probably looking at this like, "Oh."

Get fuuuuuuucked!

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Netflix execs probably looking at this like, "Oh."

Get fuuuuuuucked!

Nah, it's just a reasonable sum for maintaining a rock-solid number of fans, not pissing away hundreds of millions on projects that are 90% trash in the hopes of briefly netting a handful of new subscriptions.

Not to mention they wouldn't 100% own the MST3k material, so they won't want to bother with it.