As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wait, this isn't a Homeworld game? [Hardspace: Shipbreaker]

1234568»

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Seg wrote: »
    Yeah, doing Mackerels again has been some what interesting with all the new configurations. Finding hatches in the back portion of a ship that gave me access to the crawlspace or the ship not having interior walls so that the cut points were available from inside has been different at least.

I'm also doing this, at least until they hotfix whatever the heck is going on with gecko reactors.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Yeah tried to play today. The reactors go off in 2 seconds no matter what. Not much fun.

captaink on
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I've had good luck with the reactors in the heavy cargo Geckos. I basically shut off the fuel and skin the ship, clearing out everything below the reactor. Then I cut away the fuel pipe below it and the supports beneath it. Then I tether it to the barge and separate it with the grapple. It heads down to the safety of the barge, no muss no fuss.

The problem appears to be in the Stargazers, particularly once you yank the coolant pods from the ECU.

You can still manage it if you ignore the coolant and clear a path to the barge, and tether it right off the reactor plate. In the case of the stargazer this would mean rotating the ship/reactor first.

FINALLY got a reactor out of a Stargazer.

ZUKrbTd.jpg?3

I tethered it to the barge and then manually pulled it off the plate. The coolant exploded about a second after it cleared the area. I left those panels on the coolant pipe side 100% because the previous attempt that was what set the thing off.

It was a comedy of errors up until that point.
    - One ship where I melted a cut point on the upper hull and suddenly for no reason the coolant tanks in the nose blew, setting off a chain reaction
    - One where I peeled everything back and the coolant burst set off the reactor
    - One where I peeled everything and removing one of the panels nicked the coolant
    - One where I pull the coolant from the ECU and the reactor exploded about 3 seconds later
    - One where I pulled a fuel tank from the aft and it wigged out, flying right down the hallway and hitting the wall next to the reactor.
    - One where I melted an empty fuel pipe where it attached to the reactor plate and it exploded in my face.

What if I disassemble enough of the ship to just pull the entire coolant-reactor system down to the barge by itself. I think it's possible on a Stargazer.

captaink wrote: »
    What if I disassemble enough of the ship to just pull the entire coolant-reactor system down to the barge by itself. I think it's possible on a Stargazer.

Possible, but there are some other concerns that come into play there:
    • You don't get credit for the reactor until it's removed from the bottom reactor plate. Granted, you can do that once it's in the barge.
    • The pipes and reactor paneling can't be sent to the processor once they're in the barge. I've never seen a work order for pipe, but its money.
    • It takes up a large chunk of space in the barge. Which with Geckos can get pretty crowded after a full strip-down.
    • And finally, the pipe wall. you may have noticed that the wall between the ECU and the coolant piping has lights on the edges of it, and that if you cut it you get a coolant leak. That's because it's effectively a wall-shaped chunk of pipe. What you may have not experienced yet is that sometimes even melting the framing bars around it is enough to set off a coolant leak for some reason. And given the delicate nature of the reactor on Stargazers, that's an instant meltdown. The ideal solution would be to leave the framing bars around the pipe wall intact, and carefully melt/cut away everything else around it to free it for movement.

It's doable, but might be more work than its worth.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    You don't have to hit a fuel tank directly with the cutter beam to explode it. The heat of being near is enough.

Found this out the hard way as I exploded the entire back end of my first Stargazer. woops

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    edited August 2020
    https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/5424735/

Update August 20, 2020
    Weekly Ship Feature (Beta) added.
    Campaign Leaderboards added to Main Menu.
    Polaris Freighter Animation Sequences added.
    Cargo Elevator Animation Sequence added.
    Ability to change player voice in the Gameplay Options added.
    Nova Fuel plumes now vaporize things they touch.
    Interior wall padding texture updated.
    BUG FIXES
    Sometimes, the reactor explodes right after entering a meltdown state.
    Collider for cutter beams (Stinger and Split Saw) is larger than the VFX themselves, causing undesired fire damage to the Player’s surroundings.
    Rail guide weight is inconsistent after processing.
    Incorrect button prompt used to back out from keybinding with a gamepad in the pause menu.
    Repairing while listening to an audio log will stop playback.
    In Science Geckos, the padding that can spawn on storage bins remains unmoved when yanking the bin.
    Cutting the Reactor with the Stinger will cause it to vapourize rather than explode.
    Helmet light no longer working, after using Reset to defaults in the Key Mapping menu.
    After dying via a cutter overheat, the overheat VFX persists until user makes a new cut.
    The user cannot navigate past the Brake option in the Controls menu, when using a controller.
    When purchasing an upgrade with the controller, the user is kicked back to the tool on which the mouse pointer is hovering over.
    The user is kicked out of the Equipement tree, when wanting to access a tool and the mouse pointer is hovering over another tool.
    Inconsistency with Brake control remapping on controller.
    Black textured parts on the flush switch in scanner mode.
    When backing out of the keybind remapping menu, the user returns to the options’ Gameplay tab.
    On a fresh user_config.ini, rebinding brake from leftctrl to any key makes the brake action become a simultaneous button press with leftctrl and the selected key.
    A certain portion of the power junction box texture remains visible in scan mode.
    After changing languages in the options, a UI element doesn’t scale properly in the remapping menu when rebinding an action.
    The "padding" / aluminum panels on Stargazers are marked for the barge but are only processed by the furnace.
    On science geckos the lights and the storage bins with aluminum panels make a single object.
    Fuse handles remain functional and deal electrical damage, after being detached from their panel.
    Misc. Action 01/Misc. Action 02 prompts don’t update after remapping the gamepad controls.
    Gamepad remapped interaction prompt does not update to new input.
    Remapped gamepad input does not update the tutorial tooltips.
    Tab Right/Tab Left prompts don’t update after gamepad remapping.
    Gecko’s Silverfish don’t have a name tag in the HUD when hovering over them.
    Pressing Y on the front end plays the audio for deleting a profile no matter which screen the user is on.
    Cut guards have permanent burn effects on them.
    Cockpit door console not attached to a wall in the Stargazer.
    Mackerel Noses are using the old cut point bases.
    When picking up fuses, the cutter’s arms do not animate.
    Gamepad Start/Back does not update button callouts after rebinding.
    HUD Cycle Scan prompts don’t update, after remapping the gamepad scan inputs.
    Toggle Work Order prompt doesn’t update after gamepad remapping.
    Pressing F (keyboard) or Y (gamepad) prompts the Restore Defaults pop-up in Contract Sequence, HAB, Pause Menu, and while Deleting Profile.
    Hydroponics cabinet glass is too cloudy.
    Gecko cockpit interior UV has alignment issues.
    Hitting the back wall with force does not send correct impact intensity numbers.
    Player voice option in FE and pause have no scroll over sfx.
    Pressing Y on the Post Session Screen brings up the "Restore Defaults" pop-up from the key rebinding feature.
    Confirm/Decline button callout does not update after rebinding gamepad keys.
    Unable to back out of Control Remapping screen after reassigning a key.
    Confirm/Decline prompts don’t update after gamepad remapping.
    In the Kiosk the input for the Back prompt is not displayed, when using a controller.
    Padding inside of Science Gecko has metal impact fx instead of soft impact fx.
    During Contract sequence, entering a name with the letter T will open the webpage within the Steam client.
    Icon for View button is incorrect when using XBOX Controller.

captaink on
    I finally hit rank 9, just started clearing as much ship as I could, then yanking the reactor without touching the cooling or ECU. That got me the last 2 reactors I needed, then some mackerel runs for WO completions

Does the Splitsaw cut upgrade still ruin nanocarbon hull panels?

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I finally hit rank 9, just started clearing as much ship as I could, then yanking the reactor without touching the cooling or ECU. That got me the last 2 reactors I needed, then some mackerel runs for WO completions

Does the Splitsaw cut upgrade still ruin nanocarbon hull panels?

I recall reading that they fixed the split saw to stop doing that.

Haven't looked at the reactor issue yet but loaded up a stargazer just now and immediately heard something electric go off inside.

Looks like they fixed the wonky fuel/coolant containers.

Stuff like computers, etc... seem to occasionally be a bit glitchy still.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    yeah occasionally a computer will not like bein torn off the wall and just hare off

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Mysst wrote: »
    yeah occasionally a computer will not like bein torn off the wall and just hare off

I suspect that's a slightly different bug anyway though, because generally those are things that are sort of crammed together in one spot. And from what I have observed so far, anything 'mounted' in the game that you can pull off the walls counts as effectively an unbreakable bond until it is removed. You can have an entire giant wall held on only by a computer monitor attached to it and another wall at the corner, for example. So stuff like, 5-6 computers in one spot probably throws off the physics something awful at times.

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    I think I remember having some walls I couldn't move because a poster was attached to it on the other side.

edited October 2020
    New update hit!

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1161580?emclan=103582791466383967&emgid=2922231884588916471
    Greetings Cutters!

We are back this week with a new update introducing our Salvage Runner as well as adding new voice options, cloud saving, and fixing numerous bugs linked to our weekly R.A.C.E!
    Thanks to every employee who jumped on our Beta Branch and sent us their feedback and suggestions in the last few weeks.

Discover our Salvage Runner!
    The Salvage Runner is a model of Gecko-class ship designed for remote salvage and recovery. LYNX Salvage operates the vast majority of Salvage Runners in service, and has been aggressively trying to corner the market and push out their closest competitor, Hanzo Freight.

Salvage Runners are industrial vessels outfitted with large Salvage Holds and decent-sized Crew Quarters for longer missions. Typically used for salvage operations that are either too hazardous or too broken up to haul to a yard, you never quite know what you’re going to find in the holds of these decommissioned ships.

One of the key components specific to the Salvage Runner is the mechanical Utility Arms scattered around its outer hull. These manipulators are critical for remote salvage operations, but they can be retro-fitted for a variety of purposes and seen as highly valuable.

Patch Notes:
    • SALVAGE RUNNER - Salvage Runner Gecko-variant added.
    • TUTORIAL - Tutorial updated with additional feedback and VO for important information.
    • UI - Text and Labels in Scan Mode are now more readable.
    • AUDIO - Existing Player Voices revamped, and two additional voices added.
    • AUDIO - Grapple audio completely revamped.
    • AUDIO - added to roll thrusters.
    • R.A.C.E. - Update Work Order Preview to show Quantity.
    • R.A.C.E. - Update Post Mission Screen Rank Display.
    • R.A.C.E. - Provide visual and audio feedback when passing the 50% Mass Salvaged Threshold.
    • R.A.C.E. - New visual "Your Rank" treatment.
    • R.A.C.E. - Display a unique Death Message when the player dies during a Weekly R.A.C.E. session.
    • CUT GUARDS - Cut Guards can not be shattered with the Grapple’s Charged Push.
    • CUT GUARDS - Cut Guards spawn less frequently.
    • CUT GUARDS - Cut Guards are no longer flammable.
    • VFX - New "ECU" Room Type added with custom visuals / ambience.
    • HAZARDS - Explosion Shrapnel now has accompanying FX.
    • HAZARDS - The size and severity of large Fuel Canister explosions has been reduced.
    • SAVING - Cloud Saving has been added.

Bug Fixes
    • Airlocks don’t become scrap when cut in pieces, each piece yielding credits as a full airlock.
    • Game can crash when putting a Mackerel’s airlock or inner frame into the furnace.
    • Mass Remaining Stat on the post Session screen is misaligned.
    • Broken character in the work order in Traditional Chinese.
    • Broken character on the notification screen when gaining a rank in Traditional Chinese.
    • Broken characters in a string when rebinding a key in traditional chinese.
    • Broken characters in traditional chinese on the salvage summary when an object has been destroyed.
    • Broken characters when achieving a certification quota in Traditional Chinese.
    • Cut Guard reacts as if it’s metal, shows sparks when impacted (ie. not impacted enough to shatter).
    • Gamepad remapped interaction prompt does not update to new input.
    • Grabbing a collectible while it is travelling high speed will incorrectly carry the player along with it.
    • Hab certification menu has unlocalized text.
    • Hand grab audio is delayed.
    • HUD keeps jittering after staying in the processor / furnace gravity field for a few seconds and escaping.
    • In the Free Mode menu, it’s not possible to select a Mackerel Cargo and Geckos when using a controller.
    • Interaction prompts shows default keyboard icon even when using gamepad or remapping the keyboard control.
    • Inventory screen is displaying the wrong values.
    • Leaderboard headers are ordered incorrectly.
    • Leaderboard terminology for Open Shift not consistent with established terminology.
    • Main menu loses focus after reverting keymap to default and pressing back on the main menu.
    • Pipes becomes invisible when too far from them.
    • Player name should remain the same green colour when highlighted on the leaderboard.
    • R.A.C.E. - Leaderboard entries show inverse value for Shift Length.
    • R.A.C.E. - Leaderboard’s Total Value Salvage is 0.
    • R.A.C.E. - summary replacing "mass salvaged" with "mass remaining".
    • R.A.C.E. - UI overlaps the "Leaderboard" title on post session screen.
    • R.A.C.E. - Work Order Review progress bars are full but not completed.
    • R.A.C.E. - The controller loses focus when pressing Y or Dpad Up.
    • R.A.C.E. - On the performance screen, the player profile’s avatar is upside down.
    • R.A.C.E. - Returning top landing page after a shift will show an empty Work Order Preview.
    • R.A.C.E. - Shift Performance screen is cut off at the bottom.
    • R.A.C.E. - UI Focus is lost when backing out of the Leaderboards.
    • R.A.C.E. - User is unable to start a second R.A.C.E. shift after returning from a R.A.C.E. shift.
    • R.A.C.E. - User cannot exit the Shift Summary Page of the R.A.C.E. with Keyboard Controls.
    • R.A.C.E. - Some key prompts don’t update in weekly R.A.C.E. leaderboard.
    • R.A.C.E. - Shift performance salvage summary’s closed brackets clip into the scrollbar.
    • R.A.C.E. - "Final Penalty" shows even when the value is Positive.
    • After playing a session of Weekly R.A.C.E. and then switching back to career mode, some statistics for the career mode leaderboards will not be tracked until the user quits the application.
    • Sometimes, when things are grappled, they reorient themselves.
    • The Debt amount displayed on the Kiosk is not the profile’s debt.
    • The incorrect interact prompt is displaying, when using the controller.
    • The user is blocked in the Key Mapping>Menus when trying to remap keys.
    • The user need to press twice A via the controller to rebind a key in the Key Mapping menu, unless the mouse is hovering in the menu.
    • Touch Transfer sticks on if Touch Transfer is active when the airlock is destroyed.
    • User can get stuck on the button rebinding page when trying to rebind Start and Back on the controller.
    • Yanking the middle shipping crate in a triple stack causes the top and bottom crates to be forever bound together.
    • User can penetrate the back of the bay in some spots.
    • Incorrect Font for the tool name on the HAB Equipment screens.
    • Texture effect not correctly placed on the wall at the entrance of a processor.
    • The text on the prompt buttons for Toggling the Oxygen in Open Shift doesn’t fit the allotted space in several languages.
    • It is possible to repressurize a room that is opened by melting the beams in Geckos.
    • In 21:9 resolutions, the "Gamepad" header in the remapping menu isn’t lined up with the button prompts column.
    • Reactor I goes in meltdown when salvaged on the barge with its panel.
    • Door handles of rooms externally exposed cannot be interacted with.

A couple notes just from a quick exploration in-game.
    - The new grapple arms look like they have a cut point. It isn't one.
    - The Salvage Runner has some cargo doors that don't seem easily removed.
    - Airlocks have been redesigned on all ships to make them easier to remove.
    - The new grapple sounds are great.

MuddBudd on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    well I can tell you one thing, I went to flush the thruster and the console just drifted off the floor. unknown if a flush happened. only time will tell!

ikbUJdU.jpg
    I've also noticed, at least on the salvage runner, the cockpit separated itself from the hull plating, which was VERY convenient. I hope that change translated over to the rest of the ships.

The Airlock change is nice.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Game is 25 percent off on Steam. And a 'Haunted Frontier' update

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    So my Cutter that reached Rank 10 before the update that added Stickers doesn't have the Sticker for reaching Rank 10 or the Sticker for doing the Tutorial. I suppose I could restart that cutter but I am not ready to do that.

edited November 2020
    So my Cutter that reached Rank 10 before the update that added Stickers doesn't have the Sticker for reaching Rank 10 or the Sticker for doing the Tutorial. I suppose I could restart that cutter but I am not ready to do that.

Bug it I guess? I assume they'll fix that eventually.

MuddBudd on
    The new ships are neat, but I am 0/2 on successfully extracting the middle bits where the fuel is. It's a lot of stuff you can only cut with the new demo charges.

They also have two completely separate pressurized spaces. Make sure you go through and depressurize both before you cut power.

The new ships are neat, but I am 0/2 on successfully extracting the middle bits where the fuel is. It's a lot of stuff you can only cut with the new demo charges.

They also have two completely separate pressurized spaces. Make sure you go through and depressurize both before you cut power.

The one fuel tanker I did had a large cage around them that required demo charges, but a smaller cage in the middle of that you could melt the bars on. (carefully) This let me gently pull them out and send them to the barge.

• CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    New patch 0.3.1 makes the barge deeper and able to accept more objects. It will also clear between shifts.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
    This has me excited. Sure my saved games will be gone but hopefully the update makes it worth it.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    This has me excited. Sure my saved games will be gone but hopefully the update makes it worth it.

Oooh might have to give it a go! I stopped playing pretty quickly when i realized there were going to be story components added on.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Oooo yeah that might get me back in.

I picked this up again with this new update, and I think they've missed the mark with their narrative. It's just way heavier than I want out of a game where the in-the-moment play is so meditative, for lack of a better word. They start out with what I'd call some pretty discomfiting body horror just kind of casts a pall over everything.

Sprout wrote: »
    I picked this up again with this new update, and I think they've missed the mark with their narrative. It's just way heavier than I want out of a game where the in-the-moment play is so meditative, for lack of a better word. They start out with what I'd call some pretty discomfiting body horror just kind of casts a pall over everything.

I found it amusing, but I can see how it might bother folks. It's super on brand with the tidbits of lore in logs though, this is a remarkably dark setting.

Oh sure, all of that stuff was there in the data drives earlier. And the "let's make a secret union" plot is fun and cool. I think the intro just left a bad taste in my mouth.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    So I'm bumping an old thread but I ended up winning a code for this game on PS5 and jeez it's the most relaxing game I've ever played with an ever-present risk of imminent death.

Not that I'm far enough in to be dealing with a lot of the complicated stuff, only unlocked tethers a few days ago and am maybe a couple of hours of play time in? But doing a shift or two before bed while that folky(?) music plays in the background is fun as hell. I'm not sure if I missed some stuff in the tutorial or it just expects you to learn a bit as you go (safety third, after all) but might see if I can find someone going through it on YouTube or something as a refresher now I've got more of a handle on the basics.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Oh speaking of the soundtrack, i got the vinyl release and it’s awesome.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981