As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Those are really good QoL changes, nice!

Also, hooray for more free draws!

Squall also gets off the bench with his rework, this should be fun.

QoL changes are in. I've got all dupes aside from Pecil BT, but I wanted to do an inaugural 10-ticket pull on one of the banners. Turned out to be a 3/10 pull - King 35, EX, Gabranth EX. That was a pretty good first pull!

I'm considering holding on to some dupe EXs now, for future sphere making. I have a ton of stuff that needs stones/books/ingots, but some day I could be in a position where it is feasible? I dunno, I could probably use the powerstones more but eh we'll see.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've been hanging on to spare EXes for a while now. I have a hojillion power stones, so no sense selling them off. At some point I will eventually convert them to ingots and/or extra spheres.

edited March 2021
    Lol, apparently Tidus is bugged right now; he's somehow able to gain his special buff from his LD (which is still months away) by using his EX, so for the moment he's actually sort of usable :P We'll see how long it takes them to fix it.

Fry on
  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    After spending way too many gems and tickets without any real success the past while, tonight I drew Gabranth's LD, Pecil's BT, and Squall's BT (the only one of the three I needed) in 3 straight 10-ticket draws. I guess I'm set for the next couple of weeks

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    Squall seems pretty ludicrous so far, this was a pretty significant boost to his damage output.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Lol, apparently Tidus is bugged right now; he's somehow able to gain his special buff from his LD (which is still months away) by using his EX, so for the moment he's actually sort of usable :P We'll see how long it takes them to fix it.

I'm sure they'll fix him at some point. FFX characters aren't allowed to be really good in Dissidia.

Honestly, I haven't been playing this game much anymore. Been too focused on Granblue, I ain't got time for more than one gacha, and I never did enjoy what the endgame content for Dissidia was anyway.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited March 2021
    Looks like the game is a little borked right now. Got booted and had to download some files and now I can't get back in. Betcha they fixed Tidus. Wish there was some warning, so long triple book.

God, I hope it doesn't roll back or something because I also just snagged Pecil's BT like half an hour before.

Edit: yep, they patched Tidus.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    In a series of actually good draws, I've gotten everything on every banner starting since OK LD when I reinstalled, except Pecil BT.

Also got my missing Lightning BT from the new banner.

So now I have absolutely nothing I want til Terra. Who I will probably pity the BT for. Then Garland I have tokens for since all the banners around his BT are kinda bad.

Then I wait til El-Nacho and Iroha. Then... Nothing til BT+? I'm more a pull for favorites type so the future is dire.

I'm having quite a bit of fun with OK shenanigans, his speed and ability to resposition people is pretty great.

steam_sig.png
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Oh no I decided to go super hard on grinding out summon boards since auto+ farming made it bearable and now I'm capped on tickets

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    #firstworldproblems

e: don't worry any tickets you get now go into storage and you have 3 months to claim them

Beasteh on
    Beasteh wrote: »
    #firstworldproblems

e: don't worry any tickets you get now go into storage and you have 3 months to claim them

Yeah, but you can't get tickets from the Hunts shop or events exchanges. You can't even run hunts if you're capped on hunt tokens.

Good news is, there are several good banners up right now, and you can use the ticket pulling QoL to go through them quickly.

Also fyi, if you're doing summon boards for characters, you don't necessarily have to spend your summon points right away. Do the grinding, don't claim any of the loot until you need it. For the divine boards, yeah you kind of have to do those right away. :/

edited April 2021
    Fry wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    #firstworldproblems

Yeah, but you can't get tickets from the Hunts shop or events exchanges. You can't even run hunts if you're capped on hunt tokens.

Good news is, there are several good banners up right now, and you can use the ticket pulling QoL to go through them quickly.

Also fyi, if you're doing summon boards for characters, you don't necessarily have to spend your summon points right away. Do the grinding, don't claim any of the loot until you need it. For the divine boards, yeah you kind of have to do those right away. :/

Wait why? What's the impetus to not just sit on the points for divine boards? I figured it out, for the timed master X boards and such rewards. I think those stop before you hit all 30 though so I can save up past that point.

And yea, from now I'll just be saving up the points for everyone and only spending on chars when I need to use them for something.

Ilpala on
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    What does it cap out at, 999? Hmm, I think I've always subconsciously kept myself from getting that close. Yeah, that explains never having tickets......

For some reason I thought Eald'narche already had his LD and I didn't need to consider pulling. I guess since he was such a beast with EX alone on his introduction? Looking ahead, the same for Trey as well, he's another one that was so strong out the gate.

(I did a few pulls and got his LD, yay)

Eld got his updated LD board early, too, so he's even more of a beast now then at the same point in JP.

Once I heard that I had to get it instead of waiting for later. He's definitely great and it was worth the 300 odd tickets. Got Emperor BT along the way too so now I have more wacky 8bit BT tunes.

steam_sig.png
    Currently pulling for Aranea's LD

So far I have gotten two Emperor BTs

Okay, sure!

IKknkhU.gif
    I shamelessly got Aranea LD on the free pull.

Fuck Joe Manchin
    edited April 2021
    Ilpala wrote: »
    I shamelessly got Aranea LD on the free pull.

curse you

I had to pity it. Though I can't be too mad, since I did get Emperor BT and was able to full limit break Rem and Prompto's EX weapons.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I have nothing else for Emperor other than his basic-ass 15CP weapon, so, uh, probably not gonna be using him any time soon.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I kind of also got Aranea's LD on the first pull. No Emperor BT either, but it's whatever, I've got lots of Ramuh tickets and gems left to get.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    I got up to the 200ish token level before getting Aranea LD, so I guess at least I didn't have to go full pity.

Got a ton of extra Ara EXs though. Eh, dunno if her full sphere is worth having more of.

Even though Serah LD is the butt of most jokes, I tossed 50 tickets at her and got it before I had to run some errands.

Imagine my surprise when I looked afterwards to discover she got a GL-first rework! Surprise everyone, Serah's not at chump tier anymore!

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    She's Balthier tier now ie. godly support

I did not get Serah LD on the free pull.

I did get it out of the first 10 tickets I tossed in.

I figured that was a good sign to use the burst tokens I had on Y'shtola. Besides, it's the girl. Can't pass up the only XIV burst to date.

Fuck Joe Manchin
    60 tickets and 4 multi got me Serah LD (already had her purpled, so I felt I had to) and Yshtola burst. (Also purpled. I like supports I guess?)

So that's 8 burst, with enough tokens to buy Garland and I'll have the gems to pity Terra bt if I have to. Then back to saving for Iroha kit and nacho BT.

Still have all of the diablo divine board to do, so I'm hoping they give us a rerun of sorts to get some boosted people for it

Really wish I could put some of this good luck into other games I play.

steam_sig.png
    Livestream quick notes:

QoL: support character cool down change. Favorite friends from 6 hours -> 30 minutes. Regular friends 6 hours -> 1 hour

May Faire, May 10-27
    12 free daily multidraws (3 4-day special banners)
    5 free multidraws in May (I think the Garland BT/Seven LD event, Desch LD, DE Tier 2, Ignis banners?)
    New Abyss event

Event order pretty much as expected. Terra incoming this week.

Get ready to MADOYO

Fuck Joe Manchin
    300 tickets before Terra's LD

Head over to banner 2 and the first 10 spits out Basch LD (which I missed the first time)

Fuck Joe Manchin
    Did some gem pulls, took 5 to land her LD.

I didn't read up on how it works, imagine my delight the first time I fired it off and she had so many turns lined up. Wow.

At the moment, I am looking forward to not having to push any buttons in multiplayer

We'll see if I still feel that way in a month

15 multi for 7 copies(?) of Terra LD and now I have a shiny new BT.

No Porom EX which is the only other thing I'm missing on that banner but it feels like I should grab the book anyway.

Also that green hair costume looking really good right now.

steam_sig.png
    15 multi for 7 copies(?) of Terra LD and now I have a shiny new BT.

No Porom EX which is the only other thing I'm missing on that banner but it feels like I should grab the book anyway.

Hmm, depends how far along you are in your overall collection, I guess. I'm closing in on "all EX weapons owned" so for me I'd be tempted to grab a duplicate Vanilla EX to eventually get another sphere out of it. Porom is still a pretty usable healer if you're low on those, and her sphere is also interesting to add some extra healing to someone who maybe doesn't heal quite as hard as you might like (I put it on Ramza).

Or if you're nearly empty on books, that's also a legit choice! You do you.

Free pull dropped Garland BT, heck yeah!

Did a few pulls for Seven LD. Not a gamechanger but still wanted to pick it up.

Also slowly catching up and did the Yuffie cheese run for the Story Lufenia. Haha that was ridiculously cheap, I loved it.

Good luck on your free pulls!

Garland is good.

My only complaint is I wish they just used a proper FF1 nes track for his BT.

Besides that, Garland and Aranea is a pretty dumb combo and I'm ok with it.

steam_sig.png
    Dullahan in the Abyss is bullshit, because you can't cheese him with Yuffie any more, there's an annoying team restriction, you don't get a friend to help, and he's still tanky as heck.

I copied a team from reddit: Terra LD (Jack LD), Noctis BT LD, Mog nearly gearless (Krile LD), Leviathan summon. Use calls early into an early BT to get past the first orb, then have Terra take like 20 turns on a row while you still have enchant up, then hope to crawl over the finish line with Warpstep.

Alexander Lufenia is pretty rough, but it's possible to cheese with Gladio LD (either yours or a friend's). This reddit thread has details: https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/nmurqc/divine_alexander_setting_up_for_the_infamous/

Basically, whenever the whole party is at Max BRV, Alex interrupts and sets everyone's BRV to zero. Gladio will counter that, and battery the party proportional to the HP damage. If you do enough HP damage, and your party's max BRV is low enough, the battery will fill everyone up, triggering another interrupt. It loops until Alex dies.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm pretty new still, so my roster depth is basically nonexistent

Got Lufenia down to like 40% before I ran out of steam, my problem is basically just that I actually get too many turns and end up triggering the super defense while Alex is charging a doomsday laser.

edited May 2021
    Almost done with Alex boards but I've been kinda lazy about finishing the other time-sensitive stuff; gonna have to sit down and work on those real soon.

To look ahead, level 90 is rolling out in Japan, as well as a new tier of gear - Ultima weapons. These are not linked to any character, just a stronger weapon that anyone can use. Akin to Artifacts in Record Keeper, I guess. These are created with reward materials from event, not tied to draws.

Also, they are expanding BT eligibility to characters that were in Dissidia games, so we'll be seeing BT for Tifa, Rinoa, Prishe, etc sometime in the future.

They are also introducing a character from FFXII: Revenant Wings now; excuse me while I pour one out for Tactics yet again.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Finally, confirmation of Laguna BT

Which I will use no matter what the effect is so I can have it play Man with a Machine Gun for the remainder of battle

EDIT: Also confirmation of Greg BT, which is good for similar reasons

Maddoc on
    It's a weird nitpick, but Fujin's LD weapon in her idle stance is clipping through her left arm; and it bothers me a bit that she just stands there, casually chopping her own arm off.

Since I'm still so new that I don't have a lot of units, I ended up tossing some tickets at a couple banners lately

About 150 tickets for both Nine and Fujin's full set, but then...

40 tickets got me Hope 35/EX/LD
    50 tickets got me Kadaj 35/EX/LD