As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playstation 5] Out Now! Happy Hunting.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Has anyone checked to see if it's possible to unsubscribe from everything in the news feed?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2021

Sunset Overdrive trademark registration by Sony has been spotted: https://t.co/jlY0ygcfEv https://t.co/mAsiIZ6kc2

Not sure what this means exactly. I'm guessing maybe a release on PS at least.

Either way SO was imo one of the most underrated games of last gen. I greatly enjoyed it and was sad how hard it flopped cause no one played it as it had a really fun multiplayer that I couldn't get games in.

So if it gets a second chance that'd be cool.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

Why would SONY sue for this? Is this just a way to generate interest?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Sony did threaten legal action against Platestation and they basically ended up shut down. D-brand is probably in a very different position and is just grabbing headlines from us ignorant masses.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So I've been preparing for Rift Apart by playing through the series and getting the Platinum Trophies for each Ratchet game. It has been fun playing through the different stories again. It's a bummer that Tools of Destruction was before trophies though. :(

So far though I have completely finished Ratchet and Clank, Going Commando, and Up Your Arsenal.

I am two skill points away from being finished with Deadlocked, and then I'll be moving on to All 4 One.

It has been really fun so far and reminds me why it's one of my favorite franchises in gaming.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So I've been preparing for Rift Apart by playing through the series and getting the Platinum Trophies for each Ratchet game. It has been fun playing through the different stories again. It's a bummer that Tools of Destruction was before trophies though. :(

So far though I have completely finished Ratchet and Clank, Going Commando, and Up Your Arsenal.

I am two skill points away from being finished with Deadlocked, and then I'll be moving on to All 4 One.

It has been really fun so far and reminds me why it's one of my favorite franchises in gaming.

I'm partway through the first game on PS3. First time playing any games in the series. It's alright so far. I'm assuming they get better, because it's pretty basic and the shooting controls aren't super great.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    So I've been preparing for Rift Apart by playing through the series and getting the Platinum Trophies for each Ratchet game.

I feel like I would completely burn myself out on the series doing that. By the time I got to Rift Apart, it would feel like the 8th slice of pizza when I was actually full after the 3rd.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Sunset Overdrive trademark registration by Sony has been spotted: https://t.co/jlY0ygcfEv https://t.co/mAsiIZ6kc2

Either way SO was imo one of the most underrated games of last gen. I greatly enjoyed it and was sad how hard it flopped cause no one played it as it had a really fun multiplayer that I couldn't get games in.

Did they stop doing the video clip thing in the game? I assume that is running on a loop now and not having current video clips.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Has anyone checked to see if it's possible to unsubscribe from everything in the news feed?
    Maybe not exactly the same thing but you can "unfollow" games specifically (or in bulk).

26904.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited May 2021

I'm partway through the first game on PS3. First time playing any games in the series. It's alright so far. I'm assuming they get better, because it's pretty basic and the shooting controls aren't super great.

The charm of the games combat is the creativity of the weapons. Early on it's pretty basic because you've just got the basic blaster, by the end of the game you've got an arsenal of hilariously destructive weapons.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »

Why would SONY sue for this? Is this just a way to generate interest?

I can almost guarantee it's some sort of near-automatic thing having to do with trademark and visual copyright laws or something. US copyright is fucked up in the sense that failure to "defend" a copyright is legally interpreted as surrendering the copyright, so Sony might have to sue the company to prevent "losing" the rights to distinctive design of the PS5.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    For some reason, my controller is not charging in rest mode.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Try plugging it into a rear USB port.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The default power setting only supplies power to the USB ports for 4 hours in rest mode. So it might be that if you're trying to charge a controller long after you shut the console off.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options

While I still love the first game, it is very basic. There is no strafing and the weapons are a bit basic. But starting with the second game, the series gets much better and more fleshed out, and the weapons start getting crazy.
    Dirty wrote:
    I feel like I would completely burn myself out on the series doing that. By the time I got to Rift Apart, it would feel like the 8th slice of pizza when I was actually full after the 3rd.

That was a concern for me but I don't think it'll be an issue. I have pretty much all the games half complete trophy wise already and they are all already ready to start challenge mode. So it's about playing through the games on challenge mode and mopping up the last remaining trophies. So far I'm having a blast with not a chance for burnout in sight. But it helps that I love the franchise as much as I do.

I will be skipping Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time though during this playthrough period since I played through those two not too long ago.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited May 2021

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only Ratchet and Clank on the PS4 is the remake/movie tie-in, right? I'd love to do a replay but that would mean hauling out my PS3 from my closet.

Ugh, Rift Apart looks so good it's threatening my plan to wait for a new PS5 model with more storage and less fins.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular

That's your solution to everything.

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only Ratchet and Clank on the PS4 is the remake/movie tie-in, right? I'd love to do a replay but that would mean hauling out my PS3 from my closet.

Ugh, Rift Apart looks so good it's threatening my plan to wait for a new PS5 model with more storage and less fins.

Correct. The only game on PS4 is the movie tie in game unfortunately. :?

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I'm having some sticking for the O button on my controller. Is there a good way to clean controllers? There is no way it can be wear and tear at this point.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

tbf I've never had a single front-facing USB port in my entire goddamn life that I haven't side-eyed when choosing whether or not to use it because they've all been inevitably shittier than the rear ones

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

tbf I've never had a single front-facing USB port in my entire goddamn life that I haven't side-eyed when choosing whether or not to use it because they've all been inevitably shittier than the rear ones

:winky:

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    That's weird, usually it's my rear port that's the shitty one.

poop joke

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Re: Suspend issues

I have gotten 3 failed restarts for Demon's Souls (The game either crashes or it never leaves the splash screen) and once for Oddworld (game crashed). I've had the PS5 die three times when trying to resume from sleep as well.

No issues with PS4 games so far. I've owned the console for about a month. No external drives.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I'm having some sticking for the O button on my controller. Is there a good way to clean controllers? There is no way it can be wear and tear at this point.

99% rubbing alcohol & q tips have been my go to for many years

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Sad news - it seems that the old deadlines for new digital releases on PSVita are still valid. That is, the store will continue to work for customers, but the games will stop coming out this summer Disappointed face #VitaIsland #Vita2021
    (Sometimes You is a company that ports games to Vita and other consoles)

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Sony wishes you would just go away and buy a Switch already.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Something neat about Wreckfest is that even though it's a PS4 game, they added haptic feedback, e.g. you can feel when you lock your brakes if you disable ABS.

I didn't know PS4 games could be given such features!

• Options
    Playing Resident Evil Village on PS5 after starting on PC: Wow. I have a midrange (AMD 5700, i5-8th gen, 32Gigs) PC and boy does the PS5 blow my PC performance away. I'm guessing it is just easier to optimize a console game than it is a PC iteration with its myriad configurations.

• Options
    Yeah that i5 is really holding you back. When I upgraded from my i5 to Ryzen it was night and day... Also SSD. :)

• Options
    Yeah that i5 is really holding you back. When I upgraded from my i5 to Ryzen it was night and day... Also SSD. :)

Hmm. That might be worth looking into. MSI always shows my graphics card way under utilization.

. . .still very much impressed by the PS5 though. Was going to get Days Gone on PC, but I had it on PS4 digital and it performs like a dream.

• Options
    ED! wrote: »

Hmm. That might be worth looking into. MSI always shows my graphics card way under utilization.

. . .still very much impressed by the PS5 though. Was going to get Days Gone on PC, but I had it on PS4 digital and it performs like a dream.

Sorry! Yeah the PS5 runs great. I've really had 0 interest in upgrading my computer since getting one.

• Options
    Oof; i made the mistake of preordering hood outlaws & legends because i wanted a multiplayer game and it's 4v4vAI premise seemed cool and un-fuck-up-able ...All their mechanics are just straight up broken. There's literally no incentive to do any of the match objectives other than the final extraction so every game is both teams twiddling their thumbs until one gets bored; does the objectives and then the other team steals it from them at the last minute. It's like they didn't test this shit at all.

Anyway tl:dr DO NOT BUY HOOD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES I DID. To think i skipped and don't have the cash for returnal due to this /facepalm

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Oof; i made the mistake of preordering hood outlaws & legends because i wanted a multiplayer game and it's 4v4vAI premise seemed cool and un-fuck-up-able ...All their mechanics are just straight up broken. There's literally no incentive to do any of the match objectives other than the final extraction so every game is both teams twiddling their thumbs until one gets bored; does the objectives and then the other team steals it from them at the last minute. It's like they didn't test this shit at all.

Anyway tl:dr DO NOT BUY HOOD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES I DID. To think i skipped and don't have the cash for returnal due to this /facepalm

never even heard of this game but does sony support refunds?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »

never even heard of this game but does sony support refunds?

Sadly this is another one of those areas where Sony lags behind everyone else, on Xbox or steam getting a game refund is no problem provided you haven’t played it for too long online; Sony? Nope as soon as you download a purchase no refunds period. Cyberpunk is the only exception I can think of

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    :(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Dragkonias wrote: »

That game deserved much more love than it got, and I’d love to see more of it. A re-release on PS5 would be nice, but I really want a sequel.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ratchet previews are popping up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKORswXsI7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIy7S01KgrY

Looking as amazing as ever.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    One thing that still amazes me is just how shitty the ps4's network speed is compared to the ps5.I always assumed it was PSN that was slow but nope; I guess sony gimped it hardware or software wise. I just downloaded the mass effect legendary 80 gig preload on the ps5; it took 16 minutes. Then started it on my ps4 after it finished, eta 8+ hours lolwut (and yes, they're both wired in)

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    It's pretty sad that I have to turn off auto update because I'm on an incredible Returnal run.

Having said that I'm sure I'll die as soon as I start it back up.

• Options
    It's pretty sad that I have to turn off auto update because I'm on an incredible Returnal run.

Having said that I'm sure I'll die as soon as I start it back up.

Yeah you will. Every time I have come back to a run a day later I get rocked almost instantly. Something about jumping mid run is painful.