As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Another Big Sale to see out this thread!

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Anyone have experience with wireless display app streaming steam to the series?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Anyone have experience with wireless display app streaming steam to the series?

I use it pretty regularly, despite having an HDMI cable running directly from my PC to my TV anyway--it's slightly more convenient, I suppose (if I just want to pop on an episode of Always Sunny), but I tend to have a lot less luck screen mirroring a smart phone than my desktop/Surface Pro.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I don't know if it is his batting animation or what, but I cannot hit with Joey Gallo worth half a fuck. His average is a whopping .067 against the CPU

With runners in scoring position it is 0.000

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    I don't know if it is his batting animation or what, but I cannot hit with Joey Gallo worth half a fuck. His average is a whopping .067 against the CPU

With runners in scoring position it is 0.000

Yeah he was one of my early golds and I couldn't do shit with him. Some guys you just can't synch with. Like I hit better with Yermin Mercedes then Mike Piazza. Really I'm just glad I chose Ken Griffey Jr for my first 42 card, his sweet swing carried my ass hard in conquest.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Trying out state of decay 2 finally. I can say it definitely feels better than the first, the company is getting better. The combat and finishing moves especially feel way less floaty and much more satisfying

Prohass on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Trying out state of decay 2 finally. I can say it definitely feels better than the first, the company is getting better. The combat and finishing moves especially feel way less floaty and much more satisfying

I had a lot of fun with SoDII for about a hundred hours before some of the mechanics lost their charm, which is a good amount of time. Hopefully they can make some things less binary and mandatory in III.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The new app still sucks, it's missing functionality the old app had like LFG and Groups support

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Okay, I want to make it clear that I understand the reasoning behind this, and via that understanding, I'll say that this isn't a terrible idea given the situation the world finds itself in today.

But boy howdy, offering a raffle for the opportunity to BUY a product will always feel skeevy to me.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Eh, if you had to pay to be part of the raffle or something, I'd be more against it.

If I recall correctly, this is still seemingly better than the "register for a chance to pre-order (first come, first serve) a PS5" bit. Did they even go through with it?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    It's just baffling to me how these places seem to go through so much effort implementing everything except a normal FIFO order queue. Limit the queue to one per mailing address (so a person can buy more than one, but have to get in the back of the line only after you received your first one) and you're done. Yes, stuff will be backordered but at least you'd be confident you'd get it eventually and there'd be some idea of when that would be.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Exactly. Just let me enter a queue already

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Is the S console still hard to get in places? A few weeks ago, I was browsing Best Buy Canada's site on a lark, and the S was just sitting there in stock. What's more, it's not online only anymore and was in stock at my local store. And it stayed that way for a solid week. Checking the site now, it's still available online, but now sold out in store. If I had the liquid funds for it, I might have seriously given it some thought, but I have enough on my plate now as it is, and I am more than fine with waiting for an eventual price drop.

My cynical side though is thinking "The fact that it's readily available must mean its the runt of the new generation and nobody actually wants it". But like I said a few times before, the S really feels like the second console you get after your legendary hunt for a PS5.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    The S has been fairly easy to get in Canada, especially from Best Buy. They were selling them on back order and the back order time was about a week, two weeks.

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    The S seems to be in stock a lot based on Nowinstock, I've noticed it listed on there for 2-3 retailers frequently over the last week or so.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    MS and Gamestop seem to have had plenty of them the last couple weeks.

I already have an S or I'd have bit. It's a solid machine but I really want the X to maximize gaming on my new qled

Mulletude on
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    My cynical side though is thinking "The fact that it's readily available must mean its the runt of the new generation and nobody actually wants it". But like I said a few times before, the S really feels like the second console you get after your legendary hunt for a PS5.

I have similar thoughts but its also worth remembering that there are still near zero next gen exclusives, and Series S isn't exactly the first pick for people who want to play their last gen games with graphical enhancements. It could definitely pick up once there are real must-haves for next gen and it becomes the cheapest way to access them.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    Set up Insider on both Xbox profiles and entered into the Series X lottery on both. Just let me buy your shit, MS

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Set up Insider on both Xbox profiles and entered into the Series X lottery on both. Just let me buy your shit, MS

Don't worry when konami buys microsoft in a month the series X will be everywhere. I mean its supply constrained clearly MS is struggling.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Microsoft brand Pachinko machines confirmed

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Anyone else unable to download just cause 4 even though it’s saying it’s available in gamepass now? It’s in the recently added section but when I click on it it just takes me to the buy page, which also has the gamepass discount?

Edit ok working now, must have just been a glitch

Prohass on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I'm not sure how I would react to having the boot logos be swapped with some really old shit given my bandwidth position.

But I am sure that at some point I would appreciate the quality of the joke.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    If the homepage can go dynamic, that means we could create classy gif backgrounds!

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I was looking for more dynamic / moving backgrounds a while back. Nice.

• Options
  • Options
    It's only on the insider ring right now but it should be available to everyone sooner or later

Me personally I don't like the instability the preview builds bring

• Options
    It's only on the insider ring right now but it should be available to everyone sooner or later

That's sound reasoning and ought to be considered.

That being said, I'm not sure if my Xbox Series console is in the preview ring (I don't believe so, unless it "inherited" it from my XB1X), but the update hit for me today, so I have both the background and the more important quick resume interface.

My only complaint is I wish they had themed colors for this one like the other dynamic backgrounds, even if green was so iconic in that generation of Xbox hardware.

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular

I'm not in the insider program and I have the OG background. I think they gave it to everyone with the update yesterday.

• Options
    I even checked last night before I went to bed, so apparently I have to force the update

• Options
    I even checked last night before I went to bed, so apparently I have to force the update

They do quite a few updates out in "waves" anyway, so presumably that's it.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    May update his yesterday but I also had to manually check for updates

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I had to force an update but now I have it as my background!

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    20 Years of Xbox. the anniversary is fast approaching and it looks like MS wont let if pass without a celebration.

https://youtu.be/_P4eVUkm4Ow

just a montage for now but hopefully this means we'll hear/see more soon and that they have big things planned for later in the year.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    At least on the X1 store, there is a bunch of games being put in a 20th category. And at least half of them aren't on sale.

Just a reminder that a bunch of these were/are popular!

Those are my favourite sales!

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    and the new D&D: Dark Alliance* will launch onto Game Pass. its set to release on June 22nd and will be available on console, PC and cloud on day one. it'll also have cross-play!

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/05/13/dungeons-dragons-dark-alliance-is-coming-to-xbox-game-pass-on-day-one/

*as opposed to the recent re-release of the original Dark Alliance.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    If that Hyperkin Duke had been wireless, I'd be really tempted to pick one up now.

Think I'll start Halo with my son today. How many players will MCC Halo 1 allow for couch coop?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    At least on the X1 store, there is a bunch of games being put in a 20th category. And at least half of them aren't on sale.

They aren't calling it a 20th anniversary sale, so I don't see why that's an issue.

• Options
    Mulletude wrote: »

They aren't calling it a 20th anniversary sale, so I don't see why that's an issue.

I'd hate for you to miss out on the joke, so I'll explain it:

Every week, retailers release advertisements in an attempt to induce potential customers. But, not everything listed in the advertisement is discounted. You see, the ad exists to show people items available for purchase.

Doesn't stop some people from complaining about it as if an advertisement is only to show things that are discounted. Thus:

Microsoft is dumb for advertising things not on sale! Which is probably unironically making the rounds somewhere.