As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2021 Coup And The Aftermath

19495969798100»

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I think it’s perfectly fine to criticize Dems for their actions, even their failures. But criticism of Dems for actions the GOP took is where I start to find problems.

As an example, the past few pages someone mentioned a hypothetical of the Dems starting impeachment immediately on the 7th. I don’t know if that was a serious post or not, but it did continue the discussion and people responded as if it were.

The problem is that McConnell was still majority leader then, so what could the Dems realistically do? I’m all about nuanced discussions as much as the next chap, but the GOP has as much agency over the actions and failure as the Dems do, and criticism needs to reflect that and context matters.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I mean, it was ebum who said that

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Well here's something that's equal parts enraging and unsurprising.

From Roll Call: Capitol Police faced equipment shortage during Jan. 6 attack
    Officers from that day noted that the insurrectionists came better equipped than the capitol police.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    So... is this worth another thread?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

I could see some more updates on Jenna Ryan, but I looked and the government got a 60 day discovery extension.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular

I’d think so. Information is still coming out, rioters are still being arrested, the House will be having a 9/11 stone commission, plus whatever other fuckery is probably gonna come about.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    I would not be surprised if there was another attempt made if too many of the instigators are allowed to slither away.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I’d be surprised if there wasn’t another hot coup attempt, save for the exception where Jim Crow 2.0 moots the fascists needing to execute one

Here’s some nightmare fuel for ya- Speaker Stefanik or Jordan or whomever overseeing the EC vote count in Jan 2025

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Someone else who is less of a lazy slug than me can make a new thread, and then we'll lock this one.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I would not be surprised if there was another attempt made if too many of the instigators are allowed to slither away.

The people who would be willing to rush the capitol again, aren't hearing about those arrested and are being told nothing wrong happened, and if it did, it was justified. And that they will have the silent majority backing them. It's a recipe for disaster. Those who got away? some percentage of them think they could do it again but be better prepared next time.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2021

The people who would be willing to rush the capitol again, aren't hearing about those arrested and are being told nothing wrong happened, and if it did, it was justified. And that they will have the silent majority backing them. It's a recipe for disaster. Those who got away? some percentage of them think they could do it again but be better prepared next time.

There were rumours of a new attack days or weeks after January 6th, and it fizzled out because people remembered the capitol is protected by the military now, with big fences. Qanon keeps trying for new dates, as well.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

There were rumours of a new attack days or weeks after January 6th, and it fizzled out because people remembered the capitol is protected by the military now, with big fences. Qanon keeps trying for new dates, as well.

There were attacks planned all over the place and they ALL fizzled. I imagine it's because everyone realized that these places are going to be hella guarded when the time came.

This discussion has been closed.