As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Online only selling of Cursed City figures has to be the death knell for anyone hoping for more copies to be made.

100%. There was a faint hope before this, but with this and the clear expansion content being put up for order it's clear Cursed City is entirely dead at this point. What a huge mess, because from what I've played now Cursed City is a massive improvement over Blackstone Fortress in a lot of ways.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2021
    it is always possible that when supply chain disruptions ease it gets a 2nd printing

probably not a 2021 thing, but GW did sell every copy they had

my prediction is that we see a 2nd print run in 2022 and they'll release it alongside an expansion on the same day

Vanguard on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    The start collecting box is disappointing. I was hoping zombies or wolves plus a vampire and blood knights.

Still curious as zombies, vamps, and blood knights still look decent.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    there's been a lot of lateral-ish changes on the warscrolls for this book that wildly shift how you're going to be using some units, but the absolute gutting Black Knights took is baffling.

Like, I'd kinda be okay with it if they became unconditional battleline but there's not even that.

I'm not really familiar at all with Death stuff, but this feels a lot like how Dark Elf Cold One Knights got done dirty in AoS

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Cool looking models don't need good rules; people will still buy them because they look cool. Bad models need good rules... Honestly no idea why they cripple some of the units.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    They showed off the Bonereapers for WHU this morning
    1rhiovme1r3c.png
    t64znl32cs30.png
    7ww19nn0ojps.png
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/17/kainans-reapers-look-pretty-scary-but-these-cards-make-them-truly-terrifying/
    Kind of sad you need to defer to each other fighter's card for their in game rules
    Tale of Victory is this season's oops I win
    dk1xwfedduuz.jpg

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/18/the-rumour-engine-visions-of-beasts-part-1/

looks like from now on exclusively rumour engines for the new AoS edition.

• pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Yeah the new Black Knight warscroll is a real fuckin' head-scratcher

Who was even using those that they needed to be suplexed into the dumpster?

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Tale of Victory is this season's oops I win
    dk1xwfedduuz.jpg

To be fair, if you've managed to wipe out your opponent you're generally going to win.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    What’s happened so bad to the Black Knights? They seem to have lost +1 to wound on the charge, but gained an inch in range, +1 to wound on horse attacks and 1d3 mortal wounds on the charge.

Is that so one sided? From my outside view it seems fairly similar. I’m assuming the to hit/to wound swap is pretty much a wash?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    pardzh wrote: »
    Yeah the new Black Knight warscroll is a real fuckin' head-scratcher

Who was even using those that they needed to be suplexed into the dumpster?

If I were to be cynical I might say that the Black Knights are an old model already part of a number of box sets, so people can be expected to have some if they're already collecting general undead. But now there's a new more expensive cavalry mini they want you to buy. And anyway if you want the new Wight King you'll be picking up black knights anyway.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Its less the new expensive cavalry and more the new doggos I'd figure.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    What’s happened so bad to the Black Knights? They seem to have lost +1 to wound on the charge, but gained an inch in range, +1 to wound on horse attacks and 1d3 mortal wounds on the charge.

Is that so one sided? From my outside view it seems fairly similar. I’m assuming the to hit/to wound swap is pretty much a wash?

the problem is that their statline was horrendous, and it didn't really improve when it desperately needed to

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I think it would not be criminally difficult to convert black to blood knights, at least if you get your hands on appropriate heads.

(Or just give them gs visors or veils or something.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

the problem is that their statline was horrendous, and it didn't really improve when it desperately needed to

Exactly, but the narrative I keep hearing is that they’ve been ruined, not just stayed bad.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Or maybe that's just the way people talk about game balance

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Exactly, but the narrative I keep hearing is that they’ve been ruined, not just stayed bad.

My reading, which may be wrong I haven't seen first hand, based on what I've heard is that they had more compensatory things going for them before, and the Wight King gave them an additional boost to attack which he longer provides, so on the whole they were decent for the cost, but the new Warscroll failed to address the holes in their statline, and did a number on their other advantages despite the lack of compensation elsewhere in their kit. And people were kind of hoping that now they'd be a popular older unit in a new faction they'd get at least something to recommend them.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    67ozzoq8ntn6.png

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    And, like, this is a kit in 3/4 of the Death Start Collecting sets.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    And considering how lackluster they are, they're not even Battleline unless you play legion of blood. And then it's like, that's one of the boni of that subfaction? While kastelai get blood knights as battleline?

Basically, they want you to buy blood knights. I have a wolf and knight army planned, just because I want to paint Dire Wolves.

Lots of undead Dire Wolves.

There'S been some rumours that the new destruction faction is greenskins between goblins and orcs (so hobgoblins) and the rumours include a shaman with a big cauldron and a snotling stirring the pot.

then today's rumour engine:
    bbn5ZPf5BKIadStY.jpg

would fit.

The rumour also icluded hobgoblin metallurgists tat trade with chaosdwarves and a wolf-squig mounted character

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    @honovere do you have a link/summary of the original rumour? It'd be interesting to see.

I'm still holding out hope we'll see Fimir somewhere in this release.

I hope at least all the speculation and hype about them, given the swamp theme of this faction, means they might get added later on down the road.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    @honovere do you have a link/summary of the original rumour? It'd be interesting to see.

I believe this video from grimdark live is the origin of this particular rumour:

https://youtu.be/6-obn1Y06Vw

Thanks, I'll give that a watch.

//
    I'm still holding out hope we'll see Fimir somewhere in this release.

I hope at least all the speculation and hype about them, given the swamp theme of this faction, means they might get added later on down the road.

I did see someone point out that the hook-on-a-stump from yesterday bares a passing resemblance to the Fimir Noble's model (who has a similar hook on their tail tip).

300px-Fimirach_Noble_M01.jpg

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Voltaic energy flickered among the cloud it emitted, leaving my hair standing on its ends. In fact, it reminded me of the first time the God-King cast my Stormhost into battle. Suffice it to say that we unanimously chose to wear helmets from that day forth.

Instead of forming the symbol of Ghur, as it had done previously, the smoke revealed the rune for ‘T’ before dispersing to leave this celestium image.

5byb5sxklhcu.jpg

Anyway looks like someone in the comments of the Facebook article has cracked it:

bk2ykubbx4mu.jpg

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Checks out to me.

It's interesting that some of these metal elements look quite well constructed/machined, I know part of the rumours had this lot trading/stealing from chaos dwarfs, but it'd be nice to see a destruction faction whose aesthetic isn't just 'ramshackle junk' for once.

During the end times, the Greenskins who were slaves of the Chaos Dwarves rebelled and basically completely annihilated their empire. I wonder if these Greenskins are the descendants or related to them in some way, stealing Chaos Dwarf stuff for themselves.

So, for my Wight Queen kitbash attempt I was thinking I'd green stuff some hair coming out from under the helmet, but I was also intending on adding a rose to one eye socket (and possibly elsewhere as appropriate) but I'm not having much luck finding a good place for some appropriately sized roses. Obviously Oryander would be a good place but I'm finding it hard to get bits from her kit, and if at all possible I'd like to avoid spending an additional 45 dollars on this project.

So, for my Wight Queen kitbash attempt I was thinking I'd green stuff some hair coming out from under the helmet, but I was also intending on adding a rose to one eye socket (and possibly elsewhere as appropriate) but I'm not having much luck finding a good place for some appropriately sized roses. Obviously Oryander would be a good place but I'm finding it hard to get bits from her kit, and if at all possible I'd like to avoid spending an additional 45 dollars on this project.

How about that nighthaunt underworlds warband? The briar queen is basically a small Olynder

honovere wrote: »

How about that nighthaunt underworlds warband? The briar queen is basically a small Olynder

True, but it's sold out online currently and I don't know that my FLGS has it in stock currently, and finding bits for it is looking like it'll be a task itself.

edited May 2021
    From the animation trailer reel teaser promo video thing. That's probably from the third edition trailer. Glimpse of the new greenskin and some stormcast.

honovere on
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular

Have you checked the railroad decorations? They'd probably be a little more "true to scale" instead of heroic scale, but they have little packs of them I think.

akirasig.jpg
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    There might be something in Malifaux that could have roses

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    From the animation trailer reel teaser promo video thing. That's probably from the third edition trailer. Glimpse of the new greenskin and some stormcast.

That looks very hobgoblinish to me.

edited May 2021
    I hope the don't are too serious grimdark and retain some greenskin silliness. Gloomspites are a lot of fun but Orrucs in AoS are pretty dour at the moment.

Kragnos pre-order is next.

I wonder if GW had planned another broken realms book that got scrapped.
    Five new short stories. Everyone of these had a book except for alarielle and she kinda got set up as a main protagonist in Teclis
    8D7v1owCfcKHcOPt.jpg

honovere on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    More mechanically minded greenskins would be fun. Plus there would be purchase overlap with 40K ork players if there's some ramshackle machines to get.
    I hope the don't are too serious grimdark and retain some greenskin silliness. Gloomspites are a lot of fun but Orrucs in AoS are pretty dour at the moment.

Kragnos pre-order is next.

I wonder if GW had planned another broken realms book that got scrapped.
    Five new short stories. Everyone of these had a book except for alarielle and she kinda got set up as a main protagonist in Teclis
    8D7v1owCfcKHcOPt.jpg

With the rumblings about life magic surging after the events of Teclis, it sounds like Alarielle is going to have plenty of content of her own going forwards. Maybe they decided to roll the events of a book into a whole new event, if there was even a book to begin with.

H9f4bVe.png
    Could be a fake I suppose, but it looks like the box sets for Kragnos are going to be Slaanesh, Sylvaneth, BoC, and Skaven:

thoukfevv6aa.jpg

Which off the top of my head I think leaves Blades of Khorne as the only faction to not get touched in Broken Realms? Though no destruction faction got any specific updates, just access to Kragnos.

This discussion has been closed.