As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox] Another Big Sale to see out this thread!

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    The Ascent has a release date! it'll launch July 29th and will be available on Game Pass on console day one.

https://youtu.be/vqS3whDVa04

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »

Upcoming Gamepass additions. Looking forward to some stompybots with MechWarrior 5 next week

I'm looking forward to Manhunter.

After a week of Subnautica, I'm looking forward to being the shark for a change...

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    The Ascent has a release date! it'll launch July 29th and will be available on Game Pass on console day one.

https://youtu.be/vqS3whDVa04

Supposedly it's got no loading screens on the Series.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

Upcoming Gamepass additions. Looking forward to some stompybots with MechWarrior 5 next week

MechWarrior 5 was a game I was hyped to hell for--more than a decade ago, before it was replaced with MechWarrior Online chasing those free-to-play dollars. I tried getting into it on PC but the lack of achievements and general disinterest got the better of me.

Still hope it's a good console port.

I haven't played a MechWarrior since I think 3 at my buddies house. So many memories of late nights alpha-striking and overheating. Probably just needs to end up in the playable zone for me, in pretty easily amused when it comes to stompybots.

edited May 2021
    Wraith260 wrote: »

Supposedly it's got no loading screens on the Series.

really hoping i'll be able to upgrade before it releases, or failing that not to long after.

Wraith260 on
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular

MechWarrior 5 was a game I was hyped to hell for--more than a decade ago, before it was replaced with MechWarrior Online chasing those free-to-play dollars. I tried getting into it on PC but the lack of achievements and general disinterest got the better of me.

Still hope it's a good console port.

They've fixed some of the issues I had with it (enemy spawns being a big one), but one thing still keeps me from playing again.

You don't get shit for playing in a friend's game. Just, why

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Fusion Frenzy won't be on console, only cloud?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I think it's already on console.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
    edited May 2021

I think it's already on console.

"Fuzion" would explain why I can't find it while searching for "fusion"

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Target has Series X in stock, just not in my area.

Just FYI for anyone looking

So Target has made a little change to how they handle Xbox sales. The Series S/X is still pick-up/drive-up only, but before they would wait until all/most stores had it in, then they'd all go live on their site at the same time.

Now the individual stores will not be waiting, and the systems will simply become available the same day the store receives it.

I think this will make chain-wide stock alerts useless since different stores will get it on different days.

PS5s are still being done the old way.

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Dirty wrote: »

So Target has made a little change to how they handle Xbox sales. The Series S/X is still pick-up/drive-up only, but before they would wait until all/most stores had it in, then they'd all go live on their site at the same time.

Now the individual stores will not be waiting, and the systems will simply become available the same day the store receives it.

I think this will make chain-wide stock alerts useless since different stores will get it on different days.

Well I know what I’m doing when I get paid.
    As hopefully this means the bots don’t know where to go.

EspantaPajaro on
    update from Major Nelson, Ascent will also be available on Game Pass for PC!

Tweet from Major Nelson:
    "The Ascent is now available for Digital Pre-order and Pre-download on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, plus it will be included with Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass PC"

Link to pre-order.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Weird that we're less than a month away from "E3" and Micrsoft, dipsite confirming they're attending, has not actually laid down any dates or times for their showcase. Or Bethesda's for that matter.

• nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Weird that we're less than a month away from "E3" and Micrsoft, dipsite confirming they're attending, has not actually laid down any dates or times for their showcase. Or Bethesda's for that matter.

Since E3 is virtual they didn't have to schedule out the theater months in advance. Now they can play chicken with whether or not Sony's planning to drop a State of Play right after Ratchet and Clank ships around E3. At least that's my baseless speculation.

Edit: It is weird that the only E3 virtual keynote/presser we know about at this point is Ubisoft, though.

nusu on
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular

cool

C'mon MS lottery bullshit. Just want the box so I can be done with this hunt.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    games leaving Game Pass on the 15th:
    • Assetto Corsa (Cloud and Console)
    • Broforce (PC)
    • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Remix (Console)
    • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (Console)
    • Surviving Mars (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Void Bastards (Cloud, Console, and PC)

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Guess I should give the kingdom hearts games a shot before they go bye bye

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

And that was how we lost Jay.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

And that was how we lost Jay.

You can't help people who don't want to be helped.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    It's not Jay it's his heartless clone, Derpdab, who was actually from the future sent to the past to cryptomine before the demand shortage and unlock the the NFT of Kingdom Hearts.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Ascent looks awesome but even awesomer for free on gamepass

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    It's not Jay it's his heartless clone, Derpdab, who was actually from the future sent to the past to cryptomine before the demand shortage and unlock the the NFT of Kingdom Hearts.

I mean my impression of kingdom hearts is pretty much summed up by prozd

https://youtu.be/fCWjSOSWiUw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrMr4iZPFz8

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    "Who the fuck is Venmo" still makes me giggle.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Stephen Totilo
    @stephentotilo
    Nintendo says these portions of an Xbox biz dev exec's deposition in EpicvApple "reflect...competitively sensitive information about negotiations between Nintendo and Microsoft." She was primarily deposed about trying to bring xCloud to iOS and more broadly discussed console biz
    spoiled for size
    E1qsx1wXMAQNPHZ.jpg
    E1qszvgXsAMkMfO.jpg

weird. I thought at first this would be for Minecraft/Banjo in Smash, but this involves, quote, "Primarily the Game Pass content team and other members of the gaming leadership team."
    I know everyone laughs and is tired of the Game Pass Switch stuff, but, like, why would Nintendo want this redacted? What could possibly be there?

Crippl3 wrote: »
    Stephen Totilo
    @stephentotilo
    Nintendo says these portions of an Xbox biz dev exec's deposition in EpicvApple "reflect...competitively sensitive information about negotiations between Nintendo and Microsoft." She was primarily deposed about trying to bring xCloud to iOS and more broadly discussed console biz
    spoiled for size
    E1qsx1wXMAQNPHZ.jpg
    E1qszvgXsAMkMfO.jpg

weird. I thought at first this would be for Minecraft/Banjo in Smash, but this involves, quote, "Primarily the Game Pass content team and other members of the gaming leadership team."
    I know everyone laughs and is tired of the Game Pass Switch stuff, but, like, why would Nintendo want this redacted? What could possibly be there?

Probably just talk. Getting Xcloud onto the Switch is like the Xbox holy grail. Nintendo would be foolish to outright say no without seeing what MS is willing to offer for it, at least.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    How is Nier on PC these days? Did Square patch it or is the version on Game Pass the poorly optimized one that was on Steam?

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Stephen Totilo
    @stephentotilo
    spoiled for size
    E1qsx1wXMAQNPHZ.jpg
    E1qszvgXsAMkMfO.jpg

I would assume because it's not super-complimentary. Certainly not illegal, or nefarious, or even that unpopular, but it does them no good nonetheless. But that's just a guess.

emnmnme wrote: »
    How is Nier on PC these days? Did Square patch it or is the version on Game Pass the poorly optimized one that was on Steam?

I've only played a couple hours but it ran fine.

Aside from them not being able to save until 45+ minutes into the game.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    The Windows Store version of Nier: Automata is way better than the Steam version and I think they actually back-ported some of the fixes from it to the Steam version (but don't quote me on that)

Opty on
    edited May 2021
    Opty wrote: »
    The Windows Store version of Nier: Automata is way better than the Steam version and I think they actually back-ported some of the fixes from it to the Steam version (but don't quote me on that)

When DF did their look at the Windows Store version of Nier: Invisible Walls when it hit Game Pass, their criticism was that, while yes, the Windows version did feature a few small technical improvements that had not yet made it to Steam (but presumably would), it was inferior because it is not a mod-supporting Windows Store game, and thus, can't be subject to the various DLL hacks and INI edits used to "fix" the game.

Which makes sense. Except you also remember, "This is the less good version of the game because you, the consumer, can't use community solutions to fix broken parts the publishers don't care about, unlike the Seam version."

Which is a hilariously tragic reflection of the PC Master Race. Ultimately, a few of these, like the frame dropping fix, actually got an official release, which hit Steam and then the Windows Store version I think.

Synthesis on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    'PC Master Race' shit is kind of wrapped up in the ability to mod games to make them better in some way.

Or fix obvious flaws or defects that are missing from the console versions (hence the point of reference).

Hopefully.

Prohass wrote: »
    Ascent looks awesome but even awesomer for free on gamepass

I know what my friend and I are playing on the next $1 GPU promo.

Or fix obvious flaws or defects that are missing from the console versions (hence the point of reference).

Hopefully.

'In some way' covers all manner of sins. Fixing things via mods that are legitimately broken is a different discussion.

It's the concept that being able to mod a oerfetcly working game that has become the expectation and it bleeds over into bug fixes.

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    As the token Jew: hey lets not use the term PC Master Race if we can

it's super fucking gross that the people who do use it use it seriously

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Hardtarget wrote: »

Shit, man. I never really thought about it from that perspective. Serious question, what's your opinion on certain online communities like "Behold the Master Race" that are primarily about mocking white supremacists? Is that more of a "Two wrongs don't make a right" sort of thing?

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular

Shit, man. I never really thought about it from that perspective. Serious question, what's your opinion on certain online communities like "Behold the Master Race" that are primarily about mocking white supremacists? Is that more of a "Two wrongs don't make a right" sort of thing?

I'm ok with that as parody (ie the Mel Brooks approach). They're so dumb, lets show how much of a "master race" they actually are, etc
    But using it to prop yourself up in a serious manner is super F'ed

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular

Yes, thank you.

Can't believe people still say this shit

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular

I'm ok with that as parody (ie the Mel Brooks approach). They're so dumb, lets show how much of a "master race" they actually are, etc
    But using it to prop yourself up in a serious manner is super F'ed

You are just saying that because you have some space lasers to fuck people up, now.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I think when the PC master thingie started as a kinda ironic/parody of that mentality that drifted into people just saying it in earnest

Goes to show any and all subtly dies on the internet