As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Playstation 5] Out Now! Happy Hunting.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    You've lost your flow and have to build it back up.
    By the time you do, you die.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    You've lost your flow and have to build it back up.
    By the time you do, you die.

The game punishes mistakes too and the further along into a run the harsher the punishment.

I have to believe that's why there's no save and quit. They knew that jumping back in mid-run was a waste of time lol.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    That's great, it will go well with my PS5 that I still can't buy :P

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Those Rift Apart videos are absolutely fucking bananas. I can't even believe how gorgeous the new gameplay looks. I'm so stoked for it.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    That Cosmic Red controller is gorgeous! I might have to get it. I like colorful controllers.

The best time for different colored controllers was during the N64 era. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    I'm assuming there is no warranty for drifting on the PS5 controller? I started having some INSANE drift on my controller in the past hour that hasn't gone away. If I barely touch the stick to the left it keeps going until I move it again. Fucking thing cost me $70 and it barely makes it 6 months?

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    urahonky wrote: »
    I'm assuming there is no warranty for drifting on the PS5 controller? I started having some INSANE drift on my controller in the past hour that hasn't gone away. If I barely touch the stick to the left it keeps going until I move it again. Fucking thing cost me $70 and it barely makes it 6 months?

Should have a years manufacturers warranty.. with Sony you have to pay return shipping and wait a couple weeks though. I ended up buying a second along with a store extended warranty when I had to send mine in ..

It annoys me to no end that Sony charges for return warranty shipping when ms and Nintendo don’t ; cost me 50$ to send my ps5 back in

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin

Should have a years manufacturers warranty.. with Sony you have to pay return shipping and wait a couple weeks though. I ended up buying a second along with a store extended warranty when I had to send mine in ..

It annoys me to no end that Sony charges for return warranty shipping when ms and Nintendo don’t ; cost me 50$ to send my ps5 back in

For fucks sake. Thanks for the warning.. sigh.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I know people with issues in Australia have been able to go into stores and swap them straight over, either for drifting or L2 / R2 triggers, but our consumer laws are pretty beefy.
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Those Rift Apart videos are absolutely fucking bananas. I can't even believe how gorgeous the new gameplay looks. I'm so stoked for it.

Having never played a Ratchet and Clank before but thinking this one looks cool, I've started the PS4 game from the PS+ Collection this week and even that looks great.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I picked up my Returnal run yesterday, and I didn't die...
    At least I don't think? I beat Biome 2 and 3, the Citadel fight was fucking bananas, and then I got rescued and lived on Earth for 63 years and now I'm back anyway? I have zero clue what's going on.

I feel bad for people that don't give Returnal a real chance because of the difficulty. I want games like this injected into me at all times.

KoopahTroopah on
    Oh man you're in for a TREAT once you beat the game. The story hit me hard.

I plan on giving Returnal a go at some point, but not for 70 bucks. Fortunately it's a game destined to be cheap relatively quick.

Speaking of, Sessler just did a video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvzuumAj-S0

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    It's absolutely been worth $70 for me. I've never been so addicted to a game before. I finished all 3 acts a few days ago and now I'm just playing to have fun with the guns. That's never really happened for me... I have a million other games I need to finish lol

• DrezDrez Registered User regular

I won’t know how my controller drifts until the new Gran Turismo comes out

...sorry

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Drez wrote: »

I won’t know how my controller drifts until the new Gran Turismo comes out

...sorry

You should be.

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    You could be waiting a while. Sony appears to be much more conservative about actually stocking their PS5 games for the moment, especially this one. I'm sure there will be discounts but less confident about dropping to $10 in a year as they have in the past.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Hades just got rated for ps4 by the South Korean ratings board:
    https://www.grac.or.kr/Statistics/Popup/Pop_ReasonInfo.aspx?e34d7ff59c03b8a318c0bc3984941cf4a6c813a6a053e8e5ec12581d53453bb0

Translation via reddit:
    E1bwKn3WUAc9veP.jpg

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    One thing that still amazes me is just how shitty the ps4's network speed is compared to the ps5.I always assumed it was PSN that was slow but nope; I guess sony gimped it hardware or software wise. I just downloaded the mass effect legendary 80 gig preload on the ps5; it took 16 minutes. Then started it on my ps4 after it finished, eta 8+ hours lolwut (and yes, they're both wired in)

Same. I thought it was the network I was on but remembered I used this with the PS4. The speed on the PS5 is streets ahead of the PS4 which is a welcome addition.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    It's absolutely been worth $70 for me. I've never been so addicted to a game before. I finished all 3 acts a few days ago and now I'm just playing to have fun with the guns. That's never really happened for me... I have a million other games I need to finish lol

Definitely a "if you're into roguelikes" sorta thing.

I enjoyed the game and am fine with spending $70 on any new game I'm interested in as that is SO MUCH better than all the other alternatives to me that I will always support whatever the buy and play option is for gaming. I'll pay whatever it takes to keep F2P games from taking over.

But in all fairness I beat the game in 17 hours and even chunks of that 17 hours felt repetitive so I can also see why others may not wanna dive in on that yet.

I was bored of the first area before I had moved on to the second. The runs did not seem particularly different or new. It just felt like I was playing through the same exact game from the start each time. So many of the areas are copied each and every run. But that's part of the rogulite genre that I guess other people go in expecting and being cool with so I'm not going to fault it for that.

So yea, if you are on the fence because you aren't sure how you feel about the genre I will say this probably won't change your feelings on it. It is very well made. But if you aren't already all in on the roguelite experience this will just feel like a little time killer at best.

edited May 2021
    Yeah I finished Act 3 in about 22 hours. Now I'm playing it because it is fun. It's an arcade shooter more than a roguelike (in my opinion). It gives me nostalgia. The roguelike stuff is inconsequential to the arcadiness of it all. If you want to blast aliens and feel like a badass while doing it then I recommend the shit out of it.

This is coming from a guy who hated Binding of Isaac with a passion.

I realize now that's what I said in my previous post. I don't have a good memory anymore.

urahonky on
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I finished God of War yesterday, that was quite an experience. Really engaging story and lore, though it left me feeling unsettled which I'm seeing as a good thing. I'm enthralled, I can't wait for the next installment.

The combat too was great. I played on easy and didn't do all the sidequests and Valkyrie stuff, but it was a lot of fun without being frustrating. I just don't have time these days to replay segments over and over if I'm dying, so I really appreciated the studio's approach to difficulty and many other small conveniences they threw in. And with the combat it was a great blend of modern action and strategy while paying homage to the action button-combo games like God of War used to be (I imagine, I never played one before this).

Definitely recommended for anyone who hasn't played it yet! On the PS5 it looked awesome and the only real load time was booting up, and even that was quite short.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I'm sure it's been said before, but Hades is FUCKING AWESOME. It's probably my 2020 game of the year, and I usually hate roguelikes! In addition to the game playing wonderfully well, there's a lot of permanent progression, player choice, risk/reward management, and dialog. So much dialog. Definitely check it out.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    That's great, it will go well with my PS5 that I still can't buy :P

If you told me back in November that I’d probably have at least my first vaccination shot before I laid hands on a PS5, I’d have been incredibly impressed by how fast vaccinations were rolling out. “Like, that probably means I’ll be vaccinated with shot #1 by late January, early February right?”

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Sony's ramping up PS5 production, but they expect shortages to run through 2022.

To be fair the chip shortage is going to cause problems for pretty much everyone.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    Through 2022? Well fortunately the PS+ free games on PS4 have been rocking pretty hard lately. I'm not really interested in getting a PS5 until I can walk into a gamestop with my PS4 and do an easy trade in.

But damn that trade-in will probably be worth a lot less in a year and a half...

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Well hell. Glad I lucked out.

But this definitely cements my plans for any future console releases.. don't assume they will be easy to get with a little bit of effort and jump on the earliest pre-order options that pop up no matter what.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I plan on giving Returnal a go at some point, but not for 70 bucks. Fortunately it's a game destined to be cheap relatively quick.

There are like 3 PS5 games and no prospect for that changing much for the next year. Returnal won't go on deep discount anytime soon.
    That said, it is well worth the money.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    The Falconeer is coming to PS4 and PS5, packaged with all DLC, August 5th:

https://youtu.be/AJxBO05P_ig

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

There are like 3 PS5 games and no prospect for that changing much for the next year. Returnal won't go on deep discount anytime soon.
    That said, it is well worth the money.

That's ok, I can wait. I have more than enough on my backlog, plus the new Ratchet comes out next month. By the time I'm ready to play it, it'll be a fraction of the price. 70 bucks is a lot for a game on my budget and now that the price seems to be the new norm, I'll be buying very few games at launch. Fortunately, unless the game is made by Nintendo, a price drop will happen eventually.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/19/the-last-of-us-part-ii-performance-patch-for-ps5/

PS5 performance patch for TLOU 2 is out now, gives you a 60 FPS option

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Next week Sony is doing their Days of Play sale, and they've announced what games are going to go on sale.

PlayStation 4 games:
    Death Stranding
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    Predator: Hunting Grounds
    Sackboy: A Big Adventure
    The Last of Us Part II
    Selection of PlayStation Hits games

PlayStation 5 games:
    Demon’s Souls
    Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales: Ultimate Edition
    The Nioh Collection

I wouldn't expect deep 50% cuts on those PS5 games, especially this early into the console, but at least we're seeing the first sales for those games.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Oh man if Death Stranding got a PS5 upgrade that would be amazing.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited May 2021

Walk from here to there in glorious 4K 60FPS!

chamberlain on

Walk from here to there in glorious 4K 60FPS!

And I'll be smiling from ear to ear the whole time!

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Next week Sony is doing their Days of Play sale, and they've announced what games are going to go on sale.

PlayStation 4 games:
    Death Stranding
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Predator: Hunting Grounds
    The Last of Us Part II
    Selection of PlayStation Hits games

PlayStation 5 games:
    Demon’s Souls
    Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales: Ultimate Edition
    The Nioh Collection

I wouldn't expect deep 50% cuts on those PS5 games, especially this early into the console, but at least we're seeing the first sales for those games.

Ugh, I just bought Spider-man last week. Oh well; at least I can pick up Ghost cheaper so I'm already set when I finish.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Used copies of Returnal are in the $50 range on eBay already. People are either beating it or rage quitting.

Is there a setting on the PS5 to stop it from starting up when you switch to HDMI? I have an HDMI switch that I use to switch between consoles and it is getting annoying.

Krathoon on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    You can already get a physical copy of Nioh 2 for real cheap.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Used copies of Returnal are in the $50 range on eBay already. People are either beating it or rage quitting.

Is there a setting on the PS5 to stop it from starting up when you switch to HDMI? I have an HDMI switch that I use to switch between consoles and it is getting annoying.

To defeat my Ps4 from doing this, I took it off the HDMI switch and plugged it in directly. Then the switch functioned properly and I just had to use that input for the Ps4.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Turning off HDMI device link in the settings might do it?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy