As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Triple Skulls Every Time

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    honovere wrote: »
    You can't really use any skills during a Blitz, huh.

Could you expand on that a little? I don’t see what you mean?

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I know grab and brawler doesn’t work but they never did.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Kick off event Blitz. Sorry

• Options

Oh that . If blitz is so fucking busted you need to deactivate skills , remove blitz . I don’t understand why this is so hard. Fucking hate blitz event

• Options

Oh, yeah, being “out of turn” and all that. Interesting that Om the Ball + Dodge doesn’t work like you expect either. But actually good; shenanigans don’t need to be no-brainers too.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Man if the bb3 necro character models look anywhere as good as the table top models it’s going to be hard not playing them instead of other teams . They look super cool .

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Also is it just me or are the orcs (classic) almost better off carrying with a goblin RB under the new rules ? Not enough for the old all positionals plus 3 lineman build.

• Options
    The orc thrower definitely got worse in comparison with both the new passing rules and the animosity.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I'd love to see a Daemons undivided team, Khorne blockers/blitzers, Tzeentch throwers, Nurgle linemen, Slaanesh catchers/runners, that sort of thing.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I’d like to see individual mortal teams for each god, like the Nurgle team but for the other three. So the Slaanesh Sirens might have Slaangor Blockers who start with Claw, or the Tzeentch Twisters have mutations as a primary skill and Tzangor throwers.

• Options
    Well I’m sure they will announce new teams once the world goes completely normal. Probably didn’t want to have a big push for a new team in a pandemic

• Options
    I’d also like god-specific coaching staff to go with, too. Maybe an extra-aggressive assistant coach for Khorne, that terrifies referees. Or an Oracle of Tzeentch that grants you a team re-roll on a 4+ every time your opponent uses one.
    Pull it all into a supplement book “gods and monsters” that also includes rules for missing star players like Scyla Anfingrinn or even generic Spawn, along with a Clan Pestilens team for Skaven players.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/YZr0fJpfIXo

Hyping up the nobility who look pretty bad compared to the other good tier 2 team (necro in particular).

• Options
    https://www.bloodbowl-thegame.com/#/home

News for the video game.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I'm trying to think of a symbol and corresponding name for my Black Orc team I can actually freehand. Previous ideas were okay but I want something a bit more I dunno, unique? Original? At least not as straight forward.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I have the same problem. Although I'm also still at the stage where I'm heavily going back and forth between possible paint schemes.

I wish the big A4-Space Ork transfer sheet was still available for that reason. Lots of nice symbols on there that could be a starting point or the whole team logo. Depending on which direction you want to go maybe there's something on a different decal sheet? 40k has a bit of variety there

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Yay next week I can get the Lizardmen field! now I just have to get my brother to play me

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I've been meaning to illustrate proper symbols/banners for my teams. I'm sure I'll get around to it when I'm done painting my Blood Bowl minis
    HAHAHAHAHA

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    These were taken right before my 9 year old finished his Necro team.
    rL37yqp.jpg
    zrqJB2r.jpg

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    So, league is starting again, it looks like. Haven't played a game in a year or so.

Is everyone still using the same general starting set ups or have the jumping rules etc. have any impact on that?

Any good tips and tricks for Black Orc teams?

Are squishy teams really a bit hosed in league play this edition because of the passing and injury changes?

• Options
    Someone on fumbbl posted that in the BB3 beta a wildly inaccurate pass deviates from the target, not from the thrower. Here's hoping that finds its way back to the tabletop. Feels way more intuitive and not quite as punishing as the current rule. Although you'd think if that was the intention in the first place the FAQ would've included it

• Options
    Someone on fumbbl posted that in the BB3 beta a wildly inaccurate pass deviates from the target, not from the thrower. Here's hoping that finds its way back to the tabletop. Feels way more intuitive and not quite as punishing as the current rule. Although you'd think if that was the intention in the first place the FAQ would've included it

I've been waiting for that to show up in a FAQ/errata since the new edition came out. It really feels like that's how it's supposed to work, but it has never been corrected, so I was losing hope.

• Options
    So I bought the Lizardmen stuff for BB and talking to my brother he might get the Elf team to play with
    But the question is can I get the rules without buying the full game with the empire and black orcs?

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Yes, see here.
    You’ll also want dice and a pitch and probably the range rulers/templates.
    If you already have those from BB2016 then great.
    If you don’t then the boxed set might work out cheaper, not to mention that the range ruler and throw-in/scatter templates aren’t available separately at the moment, though you can get away without them. Actually probably not now I look properly. If you think you might ever play either of the teams in the box though…

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    I bought the lizardmen pitch and if it reappears the dark elf one [as he said the reason why he will probably get the elf team saying they were away when the world went down}
    I found I can buy the templates/range ruler 2nd hand
    The helmet thing is scatter?
    I also bought the lizardmen dice so...

• Options
    edited June 2021
    The helmet thing is the throw-in template for when the ball goes off-field. It's also used in a few other weird situations where you'll be told specifically to use it.

Edit: It's also not strictly necessary since it just points out which spaces you're rolling off for, much like the standard scatter template. The passing one is, I would say, more important, but there are people who like just using a chart for that, too. I think using the passing template is more in the spirit of the game, though. I use all of the templates since they're there and it's faster than just going "ok this space is 1-2, this space is 3-4, etc" all the time.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    Yeah, none of the templates are required for play (the passing chart is on the cheat sheets that come with the rule book if I remember correctly) but they speed things up a heck of a lot. I do still wish GW would get around to makings them available separately again though.

• Options
    These are the templates in question?
    yw8n6e15eh3f.jpg
    As I can get them but what else besides the rule book would I need?

• Options
    A pitch, 3 block dice, d6s, a d8, a d16. The templates are probably the easiest thing to substitute. There's an app called interception which is really simple, tells you what pass you are making and if a pass interference is possible

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    These are the templates in question?
    yw8n6e15eh3f.jpg
    As I can get them but what else besides the rule book would I need?

Those are the current ones, yes.
    Rules, pitch, dice, templates, team. That’s yer lot.

If you’re not buying the official dice, block dice of various provenance can be found on eBay. They used to be available through the NAF but I don’t know if that got lawyered to death or what. Though you can also get away with a D6 and a conversion table. A D8 and some D6s are the absolute minimum though.

• Options
    NAF still gives them out as a welcome present when you join at your first tournament, I think. That's how I got mine, plus a metal fan factor marker thingy.

• Options
    Gotta finish the starting roster for the BO for next season (and a team name and logo!)

To Troll or not to troll?

6 BO
    6 GB
    3 RR
    1 DF

or

6 BO
    1 TT
    5 GB
    2 RR

First one seems more effective, second one maybe more fun? But it might be easier to buy the Troll later with the dedicated fans right from the start than a third reroll. hmmmm.

• Options
    Getting a pitch, a card set, a rulebook and some dice is uh

It's a chunk of change. I can see why the box set is a deal.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    The cards are at least totally optional in the new edition. It makes them, weirdly, quite the luxury item, because they're overpriced and often hard to find. The official dice and pitches are usually limited runs, too, but in those cases you have other companies which have stepped in with their own versions.
    Gotta finish the starting roster for the BO for next season (and a team name and logo!)

My instinct is to say that yeah, starting with the additional reroll is wiser, since they become more expensive while Trolls do not... I feel like Black Orcs aren't a team that depends as heavily on their big guy, but I don't have much experience with them yet, so I dunno how much my opinion is worth. If I was starting a league with them I'd probably find a way to bring a Troll on field, too, just for the laughs.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    I was just checking what the decal sheets for Nobility and BOs look like. They are a bit lazy compared to Orcs and human really. BO has 3 different teams, Nobility only two with a staggering 50 exact same decals!? For comparison Orcs have 6 different teams, humans 8.

• Options
    Getting a pitch, a card set, a rulebook and some dice is uh

It's a chunk of change. I can see why the box set is a deal.

I got the Lizardmen team last year. I bought the dice and pitch of the lizardmen the other day
    I do plan on getting the dark elf pitch {and maybe that team} if they offer it again but my brother like I said is interested in playing with the elf team so I was looking for a way to play without buying the box since we would not use those teams

• Options

6 BO
    6 GB
    3 RR
    1 DF

or

6 BO
    1 TT
    5 GB
    2 RR

First one seems more effective, second one maybe more fun? But it might be easier to buy the Troll later with the dedicated fans right from the start than a third reroll. hmmmm.

The latter I imagine , since the team will be expected to lose frequently at the start regardless. Might as well be accumulating spp in the meantime.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I tend to go reroll heavy to begin with, since they help with everything and a Troll is only useful for specific things. Plus rerolls cost a lot more later. That said, if you usually find yourself at a TV disadvantage, you could use those inducements for rerolls and invest in the Troll to start building its SPP.

• Options
    I think about it this way: a troll is always 115k
    A re-roll at the start is 60k while one during the season is 120k.

Also, BO are actually a finesse team, despite appearances. Having a lynchpin player shut down for a turn is not good for them, and it will happen. Especially with only one re-roll.

• Options
    I found the Rugby team that most closely resembles my current paint scheme I'm doing

image.jpg

dammit