As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Final Fantasy]: My Way!

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    He also casts that Level 5 Death.

I keep running out of ether.

Krathoon on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I think that if you set him on fire, you can use Ice magic to put the fire out.

Dagger remembers.

I am in a long stretch of the game where there are no shops. Need to get past the Iifa Tree and to the end of disc 2.

• OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I am in a long stretch of the game where there are no shops. Need to get past the Iifa Tree and to the end of disc 2.

You got me replaying a little while back and I’m in pretty much that exact spot.

I have way fewer memories of this game, but I’m enjoying it more this time. Zidane mostly annoys me, though I appreciate the contrast with the more dour leads of VII and VIII. And his schtick actually becomes more charming the worse things get around him.

Also surprised how much I like Dagger on this playthrough. She’s got a solid arc and her development is surprisingly consistent - so many of the scenes revolve around her or Brahne that its rare for a scene to end without Dagger having changed in some way that affects her choices or dialogue.

OneAngryPossum on
    edited May 2021
    The Outer Continent is so barren. I will be glad to get out of there.

I probably should have tried to go back to Conde Petie and stock up on potions.

Krathoon on
    Level 5 Death is such a creepy spell.

FF9 update. I have started Disc 3. This happend.

edited May 2021
    Now, I am playing FF6. Made it to South Figaro. I have restarted this game numerous times over the years.

Krathoon on
    FF9 Update
    Dagger is now queen since Kuja killed her stepmother with Bahmut. Zidane loves her but is afraid to tell her. We are now in Treno because the game is forcing me to play in a card tournament.

FF6 Update
    I am at the part were you first get Sabin. I could not trigger his Blitz attack.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    omg the first time i played 6 i got so frustrated at that part. its because when you select blitz and it starts to let you enter commands there is like no visual or audio feedback that that is actually happening.

Yeah. They also make the save point far away from that fight. Fortunately, I am using an emulator and made a save state.

edited May 2021
    According to the video, you have to press the buttons when the hand points at Sabin. I'll try that tomorrow.

Krathoon on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    You need to select Blitz. The cursor will point at Sabin, yes. Then you need to input the command for his Blitz, and then press A to confirm the command.

In this case, you need to use Pummel/Raging Fist, which is Left, Right, Left.

The way Blitz works is pretty unusual, but the payoff is nice.

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    You need to select Blitz. The cursor will point at Sabin, yes. Then you need to input the command for his Blitz, and then press A to confirm the command.

Everybody knows what the real payoff of the Blitz command is. I won't say anything more, just in case anybody doesn't know and wants to find out for themselves.

steam_sig.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Enlong wrote: »

Before Chris Redfield punched a Boulder, Sabin suplexed a Ghost Train.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I think Sabins Aurora bolt thing is straight up Ryus fireball right?

I am in the business of saving lives.
    I always have trouble finding that cave after the castle submerges. It blends in too well.

FF6 Update
    I can Blitz now. I made it to the Returners.
    I think the ghost train is next.

Mega 64 did this funny little skit about how self important the advertising for FF13 was.
    https://youtu.be/UaQhjSaXOjM

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    FF6 Update
    I can Blitz now. I made it to the Returners.
    I think the ghost train is next.

It is if you choose right.

The game was a little vague about where you need to go to get to the Returners. You just find out that Sabin went to the mountains through word of mouth.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

Give Sabin a pair of Earrings and he wrecks faces with Aura Bolt.

I may fire up Final Fantasy V tomorrow. I got the equipment to dump the GBA rom. Do GBA carts have batteries?

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I wonder if we'll get some XVI at E3.

That Yoshi P guy made a big deal of wanting to show the game off to show it was near completion and that was last year.

So if they're trying to avoid any "lol square" jokes I would think it out by next year.

It looks like FF5 doesn't use a battery. FF6 GBA does. I may try dumping the roms on my GBA carts.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

...Earrings affect Blitz?...

wVEsyIc.png
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

...Earrings affect Blitz?...

The magical ones.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure all of Sabin's blitzes scale with his Magic stat. Some may do physical damage, but I think they still scale with Magic.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yeah some do. Aurabolt, fire dance and the healing one I think. I remember because of how brave new world edited them to instead half be based on str and half on stamina.

Sabin basically kills a man when you first meet him.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Sabin basically kills a man when you first meet him.

You've been killing dudes up to that point anyway.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Final Fantasy Murder

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Makes u think

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Makes u think

*cackles maniacally whilst in his pajamas and orders bodyguard to dust the sand off his boots*

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited May 2021
    FF9 Update
    I lost the card tournament. This happened.

Krathoon on
  • Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    FF9 Update
    I lost the card tournament. This happened.

I always found it very strange that half of FFIX's plot was secretly revolving around and building up to
    Alexander's summoning

And then...THAT happens. That's how it's resolved. So weird.

Shenl742 on
    FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    so AWESOME you mean

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.