As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-Fight Debate: Bracket 7

13»

• Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    No, stuff that helps supes would hurt Bizarro, bullets affect neither of them very much.

Though, yellow sunlight doesn't hurt Bizarro...

Fuck, nobody really knows what's what with Bizarro, do they.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Slagmire wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Okay, sorcery.

Bizarro is not harmed by blue kryptonite. It's actually good for him, only he fears it.

As opposed to green kryptonite, which is bad for Superman.

Superman is also vulnerable to magic.

By that logic, Bizarro must be invulnerable to magic.

Therefore, Doom should lose.

Just one problem... he's a fucking mongoloid idiot. Doom won't have to fight him, just outsmart him someway.

No, you fucking simpleton.It has been stated numerous times on every page in this thread that Bizarro isn't an idiot. His logic is just the opposite of our logic.

And before Doom uses sorcery he'll try technology on Bizarro, and nothing technological Doom has on him is even remotely powerful enough to hurt Bizarro in any way. And then Doom is probably going to get frozen or punched in the face.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    However many times it may be said here, I have never seen anything in the comics or elsewhere that could be considered an example of Bizarro having an IQ over, say, 45.

Scooter on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Slagmire wrote:

Just one problem... he's a fucking mongoloid idiot. Doom won't have to fight him, just outsmart him someway.

No, you fucking simpleton.

And this is why no one listens to you.

Furu on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    However many times it may be said here, I have never seen anything in the comics or elsewhere that could be considered an example of Bizarro having an IQ over, say, 45.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Post-Crisis Bizarro has only encountered Blue Kryptonite on one occasion, when Batzarro presented him with a ring set with a stone of it (Batman/Superman #25). The ring caused Bizarro to speak normally and act rationally, as well as granting him a 12th level intellect. The effect seems to be the opposite of the expected outcome. Instead of killing this Bizarro, it has the imperfect effect of making him intelligent. Still, he feared the ring. The ring appeared to have no effect on Batzarro since he is a Batman clone

This is the closest thing I could find on Wikipedia about how smart Bizarro is. The ring made him intelligent, meaning that before putting the ring on he was most certainly not intelligent.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    Scooter wrote:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Post-Crisis Bizarro has only encountered Blue Kryptonite on one occasion, when Batzarro presented him with a ring set with a stone of it (Batman/Superman #25). The ring caused Bizarro to speak normally and act rationally, as well as granting him a 12th level intellect. The effect seems to be the opposite of the expected outcome. Instead of killing this Bizarro, it has the imperfect effect of making him intelligent. Still, he feared the ring. The ring appeared to have no effect on Batzarro since he is a Batman clone

This is the closest thing I could find on Wikipedia about how smart Bizarro is. The ring made him intelligent, meaning that before putting the ring on he was most certainly not intelligent.

The ring gave him a twelfth-level intellect. Not having a twelfth-level intellect isn't being an idiot, it's not being a cosmic-scale supergenius.

Bizarro has been able to operate complex machinery, which would indicate that he is not an idiot. His reasoning is just the opposite of what we have. And his concepts are opposite. Good is bad, bad is good, up is down etcetera.

His reasoning is skewed. That doesn't make him an idiot.

And Doom's initial attmepts to trick him would probably consist of "I'm not your enemy" which is the absolute worst thing to say to Bizarro, because he's opposite.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    If you don't see what a misunderstood genius Bizarro is, I pity you all.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Using his own system of logic isn't an excuse. His system of logic is pretty fucked up, and he does some pretty stupid shit.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Using his own system of logic isn't an excuse. His system of logic is pretty fucked up, and he does some pretty stupid shit.

Yes, but it doesn't really matter that much in a fight against a guy who could, in theory, hurt Bizarro with magic, if it weren;t for the fact that Doom almost never uses magic. And in this case, when Doom would use magic, it would already be too late, because Bizarro would have punched his head off already.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    The LuggageThe Luggage Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I still say we should have used Batzarro.

Without prep time, he's invincible.

The Luggage on
    Interminable
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    My hat off to you, good sir.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I lol'd

Scooter on
  • Options
    dcleedclee Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I have a question about Doom, since I do not know much about him. How proficient is he in magic exactly, relative to other magic users in the Marvel U.

dclee on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    He's the second best there is.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited December 2006

By a very large margin. And he relies on his technology even while casting magic, mainly to copy other magicians' stances and movements.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

By a very large margin. And he relies on his technology even while casting magic, mainly to copy other magicians' stances and movements.

Not after he traded Valeria's soul for more magical power, he no longer needs his suits enchantments for his magic.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:

Not after he traded Valeria's soul for more magical power, he no longer needs his suits enchantments for his magic.

He had a falling out with the demons he sold her soul to, and now he's pretty much back at his regular levels of magical ability, if I remember correctly.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    mcwillipmcwillip Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    DC database:

"Bizarro's skin coating was extremely dense, but he was not nearly as indestructible as the Man of Steel."

Pistol (specifically bullet) to the eye for the win.

Also, if bizarro is given the standard set of instructions i imagine are given to participants, aka "fight to the death/knockout/etc, attack the other guy" he... wont.

mcwillip on
  • Options
    The LuggageThe Luggage Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    mcwillip wrote:
    DC database:

"Bizarro's skin coating was extremely dense, but he was not nearly as indestructible as the Man of Steel."

Goddamnit, if it was that simple then the SCU could have saved themselves a hell of a lot of trouble.
    Also, if bizarro is given the standard set of instructions i imagine are given to participants, aka "fight to the death/knockout/etc, attack the other guy" he... wont.

Yes, but as soon as Doom shows up and tries to trick him, he won't.

And then he'll make a tea set out of Doom's suit and have a little tea-party with Odin.

The Luggage on
    Interminable
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Has the modern version of Bizarro killed anyone as quickly and brutally as you're saying he'd kill Doom? I know a little bit about him from Superman/Batman (which I don't read), and he just seemed like a friendly, incomprehensible behemoth. I wasn't even sure he'd qualify as a villain when The Hulk does not.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    mcwillip wrote:
    DC database:

Goddamnit, if it was that simple then the SCU could have saved themselves a hell of a lot of trouble.

Yes, but as soon as Doom shows up and tries to trick him, he won't.

And then he'll make a tea set out of Doom's suit and have a little tea-party with Odin.

the pistol thing wasn't really serious, but replace pistol with a magic doom bolt or some energy blast from his armor and the result is the same. his armor also makes him super durable, so between that, forcefields and magic defenses, it probably won't be a simple matter of punching his face off.

mcwillip on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Has the modern version of Bizarro killed anyone as quickly and brutally as you're saying he'd kill Doom? I know a little bit about him from Superman/Batman (which I don't read), and he just seemed like a friendly, incomprehensible behemoth. I wasn't even sure he'd qualify as a villain when The Hulk does not.

Well, it's not the same thing, not nearly by a longshot..but Bizarro did squeeze a young boys arm in two. Granted, 90% of the contestants could do that, but considering the circumstances, I found it pretty damn funny.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I imagine Bizarro will listen to the rules of the match, then knock himself out the moment he steps into the arena.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    448px-ICP25.jpg

infinitecrisis1_24lo.jpg

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Bizarro is cooler than that Doom guy.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I haven't read much of anything that has Bizarro in it, nor have I read anything with lots of Doom (except for ultimate ff, which I assume we're not using here), but I have seen Bizarro in the DCAU. Lex Luthor basically controlled him by saying opposite things to him. And I'm assuming Doom is as intelligent as he is.

No problem, Doom will make Bizarro kill himself.

But because of the fact that Bizarro is in this contest, he will win.

1. Bizarro
    2. Ivy
    3. Mysterio
    4. Electro

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I'm pretty sure the skin coating bizarro whatever was a different version from the current one, who is a magical, opposite duplicate of Superman created by the Joker with all of Superman's powers, only reversed.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I haven't read much of anything that has Bizarro in it, nor have I read anything with lots of Doom (except for ultimate ff, which I assume we're not using here), but I have seen Bizarro in the DCAU. Lex Luthor basically controlled him by saying opposite things to him. And I'm assuming Doom is as intelligent as he is.

No problem, Doom will make Bizarro kill himself.

But because of the fact that Bizarro is in this contest, he will win.

1. Bizarro
    2. Ivy
    3. Mysterio
    4. Electro
    DCAU Bizarro had a scar on his head, presumably because Lex performed brain surgery on him.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    "Ever since Luthor come out of brain machine he act perfectly sane and rational. What me am trying to say is: Am you...bizarro mommy?"

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:

Bizarro is cooler than Doom in the same way that you're cooler than Bruce Campbell.

Which is to say, not at all.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:

Bizarro is cooler than Doom in the same way that you're cooler than Bruce Campbell.

I don't think you get the logic behind Bizarro being cooler than Doom.

Here's a hint:
    [spoiler:d6fb6ca826]It's Bizarro Logic[/spoiler:d6fb6ca826]

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Charmy wrote:
    Keith wrote:

I don't think you get the logic behind Bizarro being cooler than Doom.

Here's a hint:
    [spoiler:90eb1baae6]It's Bizarro Logic[/spoiler:90eb1baae6]
    Touche.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I also hear that it's hip to be square.

august on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the skin coating bizarro whatever was a different version from the current one, who is a magical, opposite duplicate of Superman created by the Joker with all of Superman's powers, only reversed.

does that have any effect on what should be supe's vulnerability to magic?

also, with the reversed powers, does that mean like, frost vision and heat breath or what?

mcwillip on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    mcwillip wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:

does that have any effect on what should be supe's vulnerability to magic?

also, with the reversed powers, does that mean like, frost vision and heat breath or what?

Yeah, and X-Ray hearing. Some people are taking this "opposite" shit a bit too far however. According to some of the voters logic, Bizarro should also be a non-caucasian looking female.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    If he's a magical construct, couldn't he be dispelled?

But then, Marvel magic is different from DC magic so who knows if Doom could.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    If he's a magical construct, couldn't he be dispelled?

But then, Marvel magic is different from DC magic so who knows if Doom could.

I doubt that Doom could do anything against 5th-Dimensional magic.

Spectre-x on