As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh no, [Pokemon Cards]

2»

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    hot damn it just skips charmeleon entirely

$1.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Will you take a check?

To: Endless serpents
    Amount: ✔️

• Options
    Chall wrote: »
    uvnlovwoqah3.jpeg

Eh? Eh?

I like this a lot but unfortunately the text is super legible. Can you make it holographic and reduce the font size to .3?

vf3buxjascba.jpeg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    hot damn it just skips charmeleon entirely

The cake is really, really good. Some things you just can't wait for.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    rhylith wrote: »
    I’ve heard the card grading services are also insanely backed up

I kind of want to get my Zacian promo graded if only to have a cool slabbed card, but it seems like it would take somewhere around 10 months to get that done right now.

Not entirely sure how to safely store it for the time being since it's in that plastic wrapper.

There is no real reason to get a promo included in a sealed product graded, if you want to get something solid to display it in just get an ultrapro one touch card case or something

That wont cost you nearly as much or a years wait

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I've goty VMAX Lapras that's a I ever needed

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Chall wrote: »
    uvnlovwoqah3.jpeg

Eh? Eh?

I like this a lot but unfortunately the text is super legible. Can you make it holographic and reduce the font size to .3?

vf3buxjascba.jpeg

Perfection....

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    pre-pandemic some of my coworkers got into it and were just buying packs and trying to make casual decks out of them, so i researched what had just rotated out of extended or whatever, then built a solid tier-2 xerneas / mawile deck not legal in any format for like $40 and proceeded to thrash the hell out of them.

it was quite fun.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Fuck all of this shit

I’ve been collecting sports cards for years and now I can’t even go into a store and buy any. I have to pay double to buy them from flippers who snatch everything up with bots.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So yesterday, I got one of these for 20 bucks
    08ear5tw368y.png

and today I managed to snag a Shining Fates ETB from Target for MSRP so that's exciting. This hobby is fun, and terrible for my wallet.

• Options

Okay I'll stop bumping this thread now but I bought two random boosters yesterday and got THIS. It's worth like 120+ bucks. I'm gonna try to get it graded but people on a pokemon discord tell me it's probably not a 10 but closer to an 8, so I'm hoping for 9. It's not centered very well but otherwise I think it's pretty pristine.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I’ve heard the card grading services are also insanely backed up

Yeah, from what I've heard basically people are sending the grading services basically everything they have lying around (including boxes of old commons) thinking they'll make a quick buck.... forgetting the places charge like $20 per card.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    My wife has been collecting the TCG since Gen 1. By collecting I mean "Buying 5-10 packs of each set". So we've gotten to see in real time Target go from "Fully stocked" to "Not that well stocked" to "limiting to 2 packs per person and nothing in stock" and now "not selling at all." She's been fairly frustrated about it, but recently managed to not only get some at the FLGS but order some packs from the Pokemon Center. We've also seen our most-local FLGS go from "We've restocked!" to "Sold out" in a one hour timeframe.

The best example of how crazy the market is being, Evolutions packs are going for $14 each. These were essentially worthless packs that were put in to bulk out all the clearance repacks available at big box stores for longer than have been dating my wife...

• Options
    I cannot stress this enough, I will draw you any pocket monster and give it 1000 attack for $1.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    So I’ve been teaching my son how to play and have been snagging cards here and there so we can play.

Also started using the online TCG to make use of all the code cards.

Best I’ve found in actual cards is the alt art Rapid Strike Urshifu VMax. (Like $100-125ish I’ve seen it go for).

Online... got the Shining Fates shiny Charizard vmax.

I’ve also gotten a few gold cards on the app. 1 was getting trade offers of like 30+ packs of cards. Probably wait til Chilling Reign comes out before trading that one off lol

• Options
    So I went to WalMart this morning to try and snag pokemon cards. Until 10 minutes left, there was no one in line so I stayed in my car but then a bunch of people all ran up to line up outside. So I got in place at like seventh.

Once the store opened, we all went towards the cards but the folks in front of me broke off to get carts, so I was in the lead! But when I got there the cards were still being stocked and we weren't allowed to touch 'em until they were done. Everyone else had gone around to the other side of the aisle and was waiting there, so whoops, I realize they had all done this before and I didn't know what was up.

So we're waiting around and I overhear that apparently I made a few guys mad that I "tried to skip" everyone. At one point I asked them how long the stocker usually takes and they said "three to four hours" totally straight faced and looking at each other. So that's annoying, but eventually the stocker finishes! We've all lined up and the first guy goes and fills up a cart with stuff then brings it back out and takes us to a wide aisle. We all take turns taking one item from the cart. Which honestly was a pretty good way to do it! I got a box of pokemon stuff and then looked at the rest of the cart and didn't see anything I wanted.

BUT

I remember seeing a thing I did want on the shelf and I'm not seeing it in this cart. So I stopped by the shelf and the stocker lady was still there. She asked what I was looking for and I told her and she moved some of the boxes over to reveal the Hidden Fates ETB I knew I saw earlier. So scalper people just knew sports was a big deal but didn't know about the pokemon cards to look for!

So I managed to get a Kanto Power Collection and a Hidden Fates ETB. Probably going to open the hidden fates and sell the kanto because that funds a bunch of my pokemon and then waffles won't stab me.

I have a little bit of FOMO for not grabbing more sports cards since I could have but I don't know them well enough and it'd just be risk for the sake of greed so I don't feel too bad.

ALSO while I was waiting one guy showed up and saw a guy ahead of me in line and got REAL MAD. From what I could gather, the two of them are on some sort of scalper group text chat and the new guy was PISSED the first guy didn't alert him that there was stock. Like, got up in his face and was gesturing wildly and calling him a bitch and a motherfucker and I was pretty sure they were about to throw hands. So, that was exciting.

POKEMON CARDS: THEY ARE SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I do not understand the mentality of people like that at all

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    They were told a thing is scarce, so now they think they must have the thing, because scarcity means value.