As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nioh: Onimusouls Action Available on Feb 7!

1454647484951»

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    It took me an embarrassingly long time to kill the Enenra

First figuring out that it was vulnerable to water, and then that him knocking over the support beams damages him, so he can be baited into hurting himself and getting vulnerable for a few big hits.

The mini-tornado were just annoying because they make it harder to see what move he’s telegraphing next, and big tornado sucked until I remembered to Blast Counter.

And not letting myself get boxed into a corner when he turns the room into Twilight mode

Probably upwards of 40 deaths.

One nice thing I’ve already noticed though is the minibosses sort of train you how to fight the main boss, at least in the first couple of main missions. They use a lot of the same movesets, although of course the main boss will have his own stuff as well.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    It took me an embarrassingly long time to kill the Enenra

First figuring out that it was vulnerable to water, and then that him knocking over the support beams damages him, so he can be baited into hurting himself and getting vulnerable for a few big hits.

The mini-tornado were just annoying because they make it harder to see what move he’s telegraphing next, and big tornado sucked until I remembered to Blast Counter.

And not letting myself get boxed into a corner when he turns the room into Twilight mode

Probably upwards of 40 deaths.

One nice thing I’ve already noticed though is the minibosses sort of train you how to fight the main boss, at least in the first couple of main missions. They use a lot of the same movesets, although of course the main boss will have his own stuff as well.

You playing this on PC?

Ps4, never online

God I hate this snake boss so much

I quit out and went back to the blacksmith and got a sweet Corrupted Kusurigama (it has a special name that i forgot) that mimics different weapons depending on which stance you’re in. High stance it’s a glaive, mid stance it’s a spear, and low stance I think is supposed to be kusurigama but it’s more like a Bat’leth

I know how to beat snake boss it’s just getting the execution down that’s the hard part

Which mostly means staying alive during the interminable Other Realm shift

He’s supposedly weak to Lightning but I can set him on fire a lot easier than getting the Lightning effect to build up

My biggest problem is I stay too close and he always eventually gets me with that cheating-ass grab and stab move

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    God I hate this snake boss so much

I quit out and went back to the blacksmith and got a sweet Corrupted Kusurigama (it has a special name that i forgot) that mimics different weapons depending on which stance you’re in. High stance it’s a glaive, mid stance it’s a spear, and low stance I think is supposed to be kusurigama but it’s more like a Bat’leth

I know how to beat snake boss it’s just getting the execution down that’s the hard part

Which mostly means staying alive during the interminable Other Realm shift

He’s supposedly weak to Lightning but I can set him on fire a lot easier than getting the Lightning effect to build up

My biggest problem is I stay too close and he always eventually gets me with that cheating-ass grab and stab move

Snake boi requires baiting and for you to stay out of range, you should never see grab animation. It’s a punish.

Once he puts his snake arms into the dirt, run and hit the snake arms only. Don’t kill them until the other realm, leave them with 1 hit worth of life and focus on breaking the crystal on his head. They will do almost 2000 damage each when you kill them.

Never burst counter his charge if you can avoid it.

Always always always be strafing.

jungleroomx on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Wear light armor. Run. In big circle at distance. All his attacks miss. Wait until he puts the arms in ground. Run at him until his underground attacks miss.

Hit his arms a few times. Run away again. Repeat.

Save "devil trigger" for twilight. Finish independent sneks with it.

Repeat cycle till dead snek.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    Ok i mostly do a lot of that but how do you break the head crystal

And why does it make a difference if I kill the arms during other realm rather than in the regular realm? They grow back.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2021

And why does it make a difference if I kill the arms during other realm rather than in the regular realm? They grow back.

Damage.

I didnt know that myself so I just tried to kill them before he went into twilight.

Ignore the head crystal.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited May 2021

Break the head crystal with a bow shot when hes rearing up, or with a big hit when hes charging. This will cause him to be stunned and leaves his big stupid head wide open for juicy hits.

You maintain the snake arms in the regular world because his patterns are a lot easier to avoid then when he's still got them attached. He's more harmless when he's not armless.

jungleroomx on
    edited May 2021
    Lol if you think I ever have arrows or musket shot in my inventory

Also, re: ranged attacks

Ok he’s rearing up, better try and shoot him. Pulling back, SHIT HE MOVED. Trying again...and how I’m dead.

Let’s try the musket. Why isn’t it firing? WHY ISN’T IT FIRING? (Musket finally fires, piffing harmlessly into the wall behind the boss because it took 5 full seconds to aim and pull the trigger and have it shoot and he moved again)

knitdan on
    Lol if you think I ever have arrows or musket shot in my inventory

Fair!

When hes coming towards you you can definitely hit it, but it requires timing. Or you can slice his body when he misses with his charge.

The big thing is distance and avoiding his knives.

Oh i just remembered I can reliably hit his head with a low attack when he does the slither-at-you move, and that stuns him.

I only remember to do it at the very beginning of the fight though, since he always starts with that move against me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vuri5UBmys

Here's how I did it. I killed the arms cos I didn't know about the extra damage. I didnt want him going into twilight with them.

edited May 2021
    Ok so I have no idea how this worked but I went Leeroy Jenkins on him as soon as he did the first shift. Used a couple of core abilities, then did a Yokai Shift (i use the monkey) and hammered away at him hard, zipping around so as not to be in any one place for .5 seconds.

And all those hits must have recharged the meters because they were full again, so I hit him again with the same combo, and then he was down to about 1/8 and at that point it was just a matter of not panicking 8n the face of imminent victory

Motherfucker is DOWN

(Weapon is Seething Dragon, I am in love with it)

knitdan on
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Yeah, switchglaives fucking rule.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    So, after a long slog with a friend through the level with the evil building shooting yellow at you, I get to the end and...the cutscenes start playing without subtitles. Dialogs outside of cutscenes won't play. Etc.

And now I get to do it all over again, because it didn't save my progress.