As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"E3"- it's over!

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Gimme a good port or remake of, oh, FF6
    HN3N7If.jpg
    giphy.gif

Has anyone ever written some deep dive in why phone ports of games go for baffling sprite edits for no reason?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I guess now Jeff Grubb and others are saying Keighly has Elden Ring on his shindig on the 10th

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I guess now Jeff Grubb and others are saying Keighly has Elden Ring on his shindig on the 10th
    @Peas your task may soon reach its end.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Time to remember the best of old E3's!!

When I think old E3s, I think of this fan art of E3 2010
    BTolOI5.jpg

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    The best E3

Is #WEED3

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

absolutely beautiful, wish we could go back

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    release the gbc version!!!

I'd take it but I'd still prefer a new remaster

just give the game the same treatment they did for the PSP/PSN version of FFIV

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Austin's time at Giant Bomb was too short, but so very bright.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Honestly just release the GBA version of FFVI but with nicer music and that's all I want, stop fucking with bad sprite edits and just give me that, please, I've never played it and I want to play it very much, for Christ's sake Square Enix what is wrong with you

Oh and also what's going on with your FFVII battle royale and that one game that basically just looks like the traditional remake with the same gameplay that people sort of wanted, I'm also interested in that nonsense

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    P.S. if there's Elden Ring gameplay I'm hype again, but if it's just a higher rez version of that leaked trailer and nothing else then that game needs a date or it's still MIA as far as I'm concerned

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2021

Zalman
    @enterzalman
    There's something amusing about both E3 and Summer Game Fest trying to claim the Xbox Games Showcase as a part of their event

That's the energy I'm getting from this "E3"

Still, hoping for some cool announcements, I would love to see Starfield, but with a heaping of caution 'cause, y'know, Bethesda. And I'm hoping Halo Infinite reignites my interest in the franchise.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    SNES era sprites are timeless

I'd fucking kill for a legal way to play the FF4, 5, and 6 GBA ports

That said, the DS FF4 has its own charm as well, particularly for the masochist

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I just picked up the FF4 DS version, is it not good? It looked like it was well received

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    it's a relatively good remake that stands on its own, but the 3D graphics are obviously very different from the original sprites and people miss SNES sprites
    it's far better than the bad mobile ports of some of the others like 6 that eventually also came to steam, with badly redrawn "HD sprites" that capture none of the charm of the original and just feel lazy and cheap as fuck

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I just picked up the FF4 DS version, is it not good? It looked like it was well received

It's good and also absolutely ball bustingly difficult

EDIT: Also the way augments work can be a little unintuitive

Maddoc on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    So I’ll spoil it but it’s out in the wild now but 2ks shit got leaked
    Firaxis making a Marvel Xcom style game

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

/Lengthy sigh

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    This seems way too logical for me to be true. As a squad based tactics game seems like it would fit a lot of Marvel properties.

• Options
    Somebody believable confirmed that rumor, maybe geoff keighley? but yeah that one seems true

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    That’s cool I’m very into that

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    For videogame christmas this year, I want Persona 3 on PC.

And also a way to play Burnout 3: Takedown, the Spider-Man 2 movie game, and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    ff IV DS is good overall

the skill inheritance stuff is cool

voice acting is generally fine/good

polygons on the DS looked dated immediately but at least they went for a really heavily stylized look

it is a very different experience from the original game, though, and sometimes I just want that instead

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Somebody believable confirmed that rumor, maybe geoff keighley? but yeah that one seems true

Also another 2k leak mentioned here

Jason Schreier is a Bloomberg reporter
    Yes this 2K leak is real but I'm not sure all of it is going to be at E3. Can't wait for Marvel XCOM though

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    ah yes Schreier, that was who it was

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Maddoc wrote: »
    SNES era sprites are timeless

I'd fucking kill for a legal way to play the FF4, 5, and 6 GBA ports

That said, the DS FF4 has its own charm as well, particularly for the masochist

you can, it'll just cost you a cool hundo

the original ff4 was ball bustingly difficult so I don't see how the ds version is different

Jars on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    The only real issue I have with the ff4 DS version is the new customizable summon they added. You can play mini games to raise its stats and some of those mini games are some real bullshit to get the higher scores on.

Fantastic remake otherwise. I really enjoyed the new ps1-esque polygon look it has.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFmtz1NWynw

Guerilla Collective stream is starting now

• Options
    edited June 2021
    this presentation continues to feel... kinda sloppy

Brolo on
  • Options

Legend of Wright appeared to show a trailer that was originally from 2019, complete with "coming in 2020" endcard.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    "fall guys knockoff but with quiz questions" isn't a bad idea
    I thought the touhou 15.5 fighting game was already out on steam? are they just porting it to switch? ah yes they are porting to switch and PS4

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Peewi wrote: »

Legend of Wright appeared to show a trailer that was originally from 2019, complete with "coming in 2020" endcard.

Whatever computer was streaming left their steam notifications on for the first ten minutes or so

Brolo on
  • Options
    Now you can hear some people talking you're definitely not supposed to hear.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqTJFhbo9zY

best announcement is already here wrap it up boys

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    breath of the ARKemon with guns?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    they're also apparently still updating craftopia

how the fuck are they even making these games, are they just downloading every unity asset they can afford and slamming them all into one game or something

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    "fall guys knockoff but with quiz questions" isn't a bad idea
    what game is this

• Options
    I actually missed the title of that one and I can't find a list yet

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i looked up a youtube review of craftopia, the consensus seems to be that it's still really rough around the edges but the core of it is really solid

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'm kinda shocked they didn't just add that pokemon slave simulator to Craftopia itself.