As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Western Animation] Max? More like Min

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Amphibia Season 2 recently wrapped up. I love this show and it's frog people.

They dropped the intro for the upcoming 3rd and final season, and it's super heavy on spoilers, so definitely watch the show first, but if you're caught up, watch it and scream with me.

I hadn't heard that S3 was the last one. Sad to have it end, but as long as it sticks the landing (and, indeed, gets the chance to try), I'm OK with it.

One of my absolute favourite animated shows.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Adventure time Together again spoilers
    Thematically this seems like it should have been the final Distant Lands episode so now Im really curious why Peppermint Butler is last

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Thematically this seems like it should have been the final Distant Lands episode so now Im really curious why Peppermint Butler is last

It's probably just mathmatical.
    Pep But needed their bones for a spell. We needed to see them willingly give him permission to use them.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Oh shit, the new Adventure Time is out? And has been for days???

Fuckin' school keeping me busy.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Especially since we apparently know that he's gonna do fine in wizard school I guess, since he's magic again and runs the kingdom now.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Amphibia season 2's finale was both exactly what people were expecting and also still surprised the heck out of people.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Is this a thread where I can talk about how good the latest season of Castlevania is, and how the show is far better than it has any right to be? If not, please point me in that direction, because it is.

• Options
    I'm about 10 minutes into Adventure Time: Together Again and
    Oh holy fucking shit what. I am very curious to see where this goes.

• Options
    fair warning for together again

it's gonna mess you up

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Wow, that was something else. Jeez.

Edit: I was gonna go to sleep after watching the new Adventure Time special, but I don't think I can now.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Is this a thread where I can talk about how good the latest season of Castlevania is, and how the show is far better than it has any right to be? If not, please point me in that direction, because it is.

Here is fine I'm sure, but the Castlevania/Metroidvania game thread has had a lot of series discussion in it already.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Ugh, we had missed the second half of Amphibia S2 dropping. Time to binge.

• Options
    Marcy gives love a bad name.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Teen Titans Go are crossing over with Space Jam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcUDnTnYm54

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    The Teen Titans Go's writers' room seems like a fun place, with really positive energy, where no idea is too ridiculous or irreverent.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    TenzytileTenzytile Registered User regular
    Just found out famed Hungarian animator Marcel Jankovics died recently. He had a really distinctive style and his most famous film, Son of the White Mare, was restored just last year. I'd like to see it again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQpIt3WgDHg

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/hu0O-q7Kf2k

I dunno, I'm not feeling it?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I should like it, but that trailer hasn't sold me, there is kind of a impossibly tall "what about the whole slavery and native genocide thing" hill they need to get over for me to enjoy it.

I'll probably check out the first episode.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    This might have worked better 10 or 20 years ago, when "America FUCK YEAH" was still a hilarious global concept.

After the past 4-8 years though? Global opinion is more like "America FUCK NO".

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I liked this sort of 'Weird History of America' idea better when it was the premise of The Amazing Screw-On Head.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I missed exactly when it happened, but Amphibia season 2 is on Disney+ now. I only got through one episode so far, but it looks like this season will be going places, and not just in the literal sense.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    So Netflix's He-Man show is turning it up to 11 and doesn't give a fuck. This looks goddamn amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81wyj65SJIo

Did they really use that song for the trailer? Yes they did. Because they don't give a fuck.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    So Netflix's He-Man show is turning it up to 11 and doesn't give a fuck. This looks goddamn amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81wyj65SJIo

Did they really use that song for the trailer? Yes they did. Because they don't give a fuck.

They made Orko badass.

Okay, you had my curiosity - now, you have my attention.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    That looks so much like the 2002 reboot, which I remember being okay?

I guess it's cause you can only do so much with the property if your goal is to appeal to nostalgia and fans (as Smith has mentioned).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbRwj1Kj3xk

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Watching this sparked the following thought:
    What if we let Genndy at all the old 80s action toy franchises.

He-Man
    She-Ra
    Thundercats
    Silverhawks
    Dino-Riders

• Options
    I wonder about... depth. Like She-Ra actually had decent characters and plots and those sorts of things.

Yeah, big budget action and swole boys are nice, but I hope there's is, and frankly kinda expect there to be, a bunch more to the show. Obviously not something thats going to show in a 30 second teaser.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    I wonder about... depth. Like She-Ra actually had decent characters and plots and those sorts of things.

Yeah, big budget action and swole boys are nice, but I hope there's is, and frankly kinda expect there to be, a bunch more to the show. Obviously not something thats going to show in a 30 second teaser.

Speaking of She-Ra; I know why it isn't (not the same people for one) But I'd be super stoked for the He-man thing if it were actually in continuity with She-Ra. A dear friend voiced the thought to me first, but I immediately found myself in agreement.

That said, the trailer looks very very nice. And Mark Hamill as Skeletor is just as fun as I thought it would be.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'd be all up for a She-Ra Extended Masters of the Universe but it would be a risky project and probably wouldn't be completed.

• Options
    They made Orko badass.

So, true to the original then.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

He-Man
    She-Ra
    Thundercats
    Silverhawks
    Dino-Riders

You forgot Tigersharks

Also the Thundercats reboot was working towards that

https://youtu.be/445rr2oEKV0

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

damn it, when i read that I expected this:
    https://youtu.be/ZZ5LpwO-An4

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »

He-Man
    She-Ra
    Thundercats
    Silverhawks
    Dino-Riders

You forgot Tigersharks

Also the Thundercats reboot was working towards that

https://youtu.be/445rr2oEKV0

Now I'm even sadder about how that show went down. :(

• Options

Speaking of She-Ra; I know why it isn't (not the same people for one) But I'd be super stoked for the He-man thing if it were actually in continuity with She-Ra. A dear friend voiced the thought to me first, but I immediately found myself in agreement.

That said, the trailer looks very very nice. And Mark Hamill as Skeletor is just as fun as I thought it would be.

Like, there's random talk on stupid showbiz sites about a holiday crossover episode.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited June 2021

Hilariously, I could see how you could make them being part of the same continuity be a plot twist, seeing as (She-Ra spoiler)
    most of the villains in the new She-Ra, including Hordak, undergo Heel-Face Turns while fighting Horde Prime, yet someone who heard of it second-hand might think Hordak overthrew Prime to take over the Horde. Plus I don't think She-Ra ever explicitly stated where Adora was from, or why transforming into She-Ra invoked Grayskull.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    It was announced a while back but Cuphead's getting a show on Netflix. Here's the first look

https://youtu.be/xYmIRkitnnQ

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    That's Wayne Brady as King Dice, by the way. Between that and Tru Valentino as Cuphead, they're really working to head off any allegations of racism.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I was under the impression weird rights issues were why they couldnt use He-man in The new She-ra

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Oh hey, somehow a local material got animated! Shameless plugin incoming:

https://www.youtu.be/3IhCjxVjM-A

I'll be honest with you - the animation is middling to okay, the first episode is a bit rushed, and the transition from print to screen lost style points:

2xtpmutep3ol.png
    (context: a white lady is a popular rural folklore of a ghost of a woman clad in white, who suffered a violent end, haunting roads)

BUT, the music is IMHO great, the English dub is decent (ignoring the Mexican accents), it's just six episodes, and if you're curious about weird folklore you haven't seen before, Trese is basically a greatest hits of Filipino fantasy and mythology. Give it a look-see.

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
  • Options
    Final Space wrapped up its 3rd season with an outrageous cliffhanger. Unfortunately, the series' future is in doubt, so this may actually be the end. I really hope it gets renewed. Such a weird and engaging series, it deserves to be finished properly.

H9f4bVe.png