As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NFL] Shouldn’t Play Games but they will so we are going to talk about it.

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

That Fitz visage is epic. Just use that as the "ESPN 30 for 30" about him.

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Teams that employ Fitz as a starter are axiomatically bad

I had Fitz as my backup QB my first year of fantasy football. This was the year they started like 4-0 in buffalo with him and Stevie Johnson. In the meantime my starter was Big Ben who opened against Baltimore and had a rough start to the season, so after like week 3 I pull the trigger and throw Fitz in since he's been putting up great numbers!

And thus I quickly learned of the fickle beast that is Fitzmagic.

Pellaeon on
  • VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

That Fitz visage is epic. Just use that as the "ESPN 30 for 30" about him.

I never knew I wanted something so bad until now.

Vladimer on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Rodgers really no showed. After all the media hoopla I half expected him to show up . This could be interesting.

In other news I’m being told on Reddit to accept that players know best and there is a reason that they aren’t taking the vaccine and that vaccines are being pushed by shills . So that happened and yes it was a bills fan.

EspantaPajaro on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    With Rodgers not showing up, it's time for Jordan Love to shine. Can't wait to see wha... hold on, I'm being handed a note from my producer

Oh

Well, nevertheless

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    With Rodgers not showing up, it's time for Jordan Love to shine. Can't wait to see wha... hold on, I'm being handed a note from my producer

Oh

Well, nevertheless

In fairness that’s how project QB look the first few years . It will only get ugly if , and stop me if you have heard this one before packers fans , Rodgers retires and then unretires late in the season.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Jordan Love is a clipboard dude, that was such a silly pick his closest comp is....DeShone Kizer

Captain Inertia on
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    If you're going to draft your Hall of Fame Quarterbacks replacement with him on the roster you either do it knowing you're not bringing said Hall of Famer back the next year or you at least get someone where the vast majority of folks go "Oh he has a lot of upside, I can see why they want him to ride the bench".

You don't draft Larry Stodgers and expect it to all just work out

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    lmao, it's like he has played for all the bad teams

I don't see the Bears, Browns, or Lions though.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Man.....

Rodgers retiring both opens the door for Dallas to make the playoffs and for Detroit to get a win

Man.....

Rodgers retiring both opens the door for Dallas to make the playoffs and for Detroit to get a win

The NFC East is like the wild west this year - you can have three mediocre to good possibly playoff level teams or four dogshit awful ones.

The schedule is pretty rough for the teams this year so it will be interesting what shakes out.

edited June 2021
    You can tell the Joneses have not kept up with the winning trends in the NFL because they have put all their money into offensive stars and LBs and have absolute dogshit DL and secondary units, which is going to mean lots of 41-34 losses

Meanwhile WFT and the Giants have 1 impact stand out unit each (DL for WFT and secondary for NYG), cobbled-together average units everywhere else, and /shrug at QB

Philly is the only squad with clear roster construction, which is “be absolute puke everywhere”

Captain Inertia on
    You can tell the Joneses have not kept up with the winning trends in the NFL because they have put all their money into offensive stars and LBs and have absolute dogshit DL and secondary units, which is going to mean lots of 41-34 losses

Meanwhile WFT and the Giants have 1 impact stand out unit each (DL for WFT and secondary for NYG), cobbled-together average units everywhere else, and /shrug at QB

Philly is the only squad with clear roster construction, which is “be absolute puke everywhere”

The Giants in theory have improved personnel everywhere from last year (although the Offensive Line improvement is a mediocre Nate Solder coming back after opting out due to Covid-19) and may have a standout defense if it comes together the right way.

A lot of that is predicated on the offense keeping them off the field for more then three downs and the whole thing is hanging on a quarterback who is still a "Maybe" when it comes to being an NFL starter. Even if the line is trash again at least he has talent at the skills positions this year.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2021
    I have NO IDEA what to expect from my Giants this year.

I won’t be surprised if we go 12-4 or 4-12.

It’s a complete mystery

Excuse me

13-4 or 4-13

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited June 2021
    PFF has the Giants with the 20th best roster, vs:
    WFT - 7th best
    Dallas - 14
    Philly - 25

I don’t really buy that, other than I think we know who Dallas and Philly are. For WFT and the Giants, a lot comes down to whether the QBs are mild or total ass.

Captain Inertia on
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Cowboys fans in the replies to the original tweet really doing their best to live up to the stereotype.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    just when i didn't think i could like the cards QB more, deriding the cowboys and their fans? he really does belong here.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    so, no

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    ...if they actually enforce any of that.

3cl1ps3 wrote: »

Which the NFL won't.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    after what happened with baltimore last season? they will

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL can't do a whole lot more than this. They probably can't force players under contract to get the vaccine if they don't want to.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular

Which the NFL won't.

Going to depend entirely on How Important Are You To The Team/League?

Fourth man on the CB depth chart will get dinged to show "hey we're doing something" but no way would they have Brady go through this.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »

Which the NFL won't.

Going to depend entirely on How Important Are You To The Team/League?

Fourth man on the CB depth chart will get dinged to show "hey we're doing something" but no way would they have Brady go through this.

Yeah the back up Punter better be fucking vaxxed or they're boned. Star QB? Ha.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac

Can't wait until NFL games start getting canceled or delayed and clusterfuck this season.

Also Baltimore, you REALLY want to try that dance again?

FWIW, that chart is actually a fairly comprehensive representation of the risks that people who can be vaccinated but “personal choice” not to get it pose to everyone else

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The hospital system my wife works for announced a vaccine requirement of its workers a few weeks ago and it caused a firestorm. Her email box is full of women that report to her panicking that the vaccine is going to sterilize them.

There is a lot of misinformation that has been tragically effective.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Butters wrote: »
    The hospital system my wife works for announced a vaccine requirement of its workers a few weeks ago and it caused a firestorm. Her email box is full of women that report to her panicking that the vaccine is going to sterilize them.

There is a lot of misinformation that has been tragically effective.

It is both frightening and staggering how wildly undereducated about this the nursing community is with some hospitals reporting dozens of nurses refusing the Vaccine. It really shakes my already minimal trust in American medicine. It feel like the min bar should be some where north of "understands basic statistics and keeps abreast of the drugs they administer"

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
    edited June 2021
    I still have a hunch that “how does it interact with all the other sports medicine stuff I do” is playing into some of these folks’ decisions (like Lebron)

And it may not be like “how does it interact with a supplement” but also how some people have had some rough days after the 2nd dose makes them think about how it disrupts their training regimens

Also I’m probably over thinking it and these guys are hyper focused on football only and the fact that what little covid/vaccine info seeps into their consciousness is dominated by misinfo really speaks to how well social media has fucked us

Captain Inertia on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

It is both frightening and staggering how wildly undereducated about everything, most of America is

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    that is a weird ass looking cover

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Who hates Mahomes? He seems like a good guy

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'm going to guess "decline to answer, it's a personal decision" is going to be the boilerplate response going forward, even for players that are vaccinated.

Not a good look if there are two sides in every locker room next season. I'm sure privately, players are having those conversations, but they ain't talking to espn about them.

This discussion has been closed.