As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Lego] Thread

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I have 0 want or need for that typewriter but I'm in awe of how it came out. Amazing.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    is tom hanks going to scalp all the lego typewriters?

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    That typewriter is EXACTLY my kind of bullshit.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have an actual hundred year old typewriter on my desk at work that I use to type out replacement spine labels for books. For once I don't actually need a lego version. Phew.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I have an actual hundred year old typewriter on my desk at work that I use to type out replacement spine labels for books. For once I don't actually need a lego version. Phew.

Of course, "need" and "want" are two very different words.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    But what if you need to type out a replacement spine label for a Lego book?

Checkmate.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I've never gotten the whole fetish for typewriters, but those Lego Typewriter keys are sexy assssssss helllllllll

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Typewriter is extremely cool, but for 199 I'm out

I'm still internally fighting with myself over the Bugle knowing I have no spot for it anyways

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Maybe it’s just me, but if I saw a picture of that typewriter without any context I probably wouldn’t even realize it’s a LEGO set.

"I see everything twice!"

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Oops. My dad saw the typewriter. Guess that’s his birthday sorted.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    rifyxT3h.png

X7iqBi0h.png

🔡
    LEGO reveals the first ever brick-built sneaker: 10282 Adidas Originals Superstar [News]

Since last year, LEGO has been working together with Adidas for the new collections of kids’ clothes and sneakers, like ZX 8000. Today, the partnership takes a step further with something anyone hardly expected, as LEGO unveils the 10282 Adidas Originals Superstar set. This 731-piece brick-built replica of the iconic Adidas shoe ships in unique packaging, and will be available from July 1 for US $79.99 | CAN $109.99 | UK £79.99. Check out our early review of the set for full hands-on coverage of the set.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2021/06/15/lego-reveals-the-first-ever-brick-built-sneaker-10282-adidas-originals-superstar-news/

The perfect storm of sneakerheads and AFOL.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Okay but now make it a limited edition of 1000 for greater accuracy.

Literally they could make so many brand collab for Lego shoes I'm shocked this is the first one

I'm just lucky it's not Bape

• djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Adidas has been making lego collaborations for a while now -- they have shoes with lego on the top, on the bottom (okay, lego-patterned soles), they had something I can't find any more with lego-compatible panels on the sides, there's shoes, shirts, bags, a bunch more stuff.

This is the first actually all-Lego shoe I've seen from them, though.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Literally they could make so many brand collab for Lego shoes I'm shocked this is the first one

Lego Crocs, when?
    im kidding im kidding please lego, dont

Aldo wrote: »

Lego Crocs, when?

About as comfortable as real crocs

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Typewriter's available now, looks cool as heeeeeeeelllllllllll, here's a review https://brickset.com/article/59784/review-21327-typewriter

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Ordered - and I got a McLaren Elva thrown in, which I don't really care about but I can add it to my street scene

I did have a minor worry that all the keys would be stickers, but they address that specifically in the description

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular

Lego Crocs, when?

There already are Lego branded Crocs, my youngest had a pair. They only came in small childrens size though and he outgrew them

No that's just slapping the lego logo on something, I meant it like a full build just like the Adidas sneakers shown upthread.

I'm literally wearing those shoes right now

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Lego super Mario airship unveiled! On mobile, no pics, but I do like it. Glad they are giving this theme some time to grow.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »
    Lego super Mario airship unveiled! On mobile, no pics, but I do like it. Glad they are giving this theme some time to grow.

don't worry i got u fam

eWiK0XC.jpg
    A59vd3j.jpg
    2n0ZElx.jpg
    7DRXop4.jpg
    Bowser’s Airship is part of the upcoming wave of LEGO Super Mario sets such as the recently revealed LEGO Super Mario Characters Series 3 and Luigi Starter Course so it’s a safe assumption that this set will release in August 2021 along with the rest of the wave.

https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/lego-super-mario-bowsers-airship-71391-revealed/

Hope this means we get a figure for Bastard Sun Who Haunts My Dreams
    5zgx09xybb5w.jpg

• KPCKPC Registered User regular
    I mean if the logical next step isn't an AR-augmented Mario Party LEGO board game then I don't want to live in this reality anymore.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Bird of Paradise is up for pre-order!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/bird-of-paradise-10289

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Brolo wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »

don't worry i got u fam

eWiK0XC.jpg
    A59vd3j.jpg
    2n0ZElx.jpg
    7DRXop4.jpg
    Bowser’s Airship is part of the upcoming wave of LEGO Super Mario sets such as the recently revealed LEGO Super Mario Characters Series 3 and Luigi Starter Course so it’s a safe assumption that this set will release in August 2021 along with the rest of the wave.

https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/lego-super-mario-bowsers-airship-71391-revealed/

Jesus Christ.

/Slow breathing

Well they got me. Finally pulled me in.

I preordered a Birds of Paradise and used my fortune of VIP points to get it half off.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Very interesting on that bowser set, btw: The cannon has a 90 second timer, if I'm reading it right. Compare that to the starter's 60 second and the Advanced's 30 second. They expect Mario to do a lot of interacting with that airship!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

I'm waiting for them to do a bird of paradise.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

They kinda sorta got really close with the 2014 employee set https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=4002014-1#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

What's everyone's rarest set/Minifigure?

I've got some the silly Best Buy minifigs they gave to employees years back

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I've got a Supergirl minifig they only included with Lego Dimensions boxes at Toys R Us, but I don't know if it's unique to the set

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I've got a Darth Vader with a lightsaber that lights up when you push his head down. Probably not rare, but still fun.

I think the rarest ones are some of the SDCC exclusives, or like the gold ones and the like.

I'm sure there is a record somewhere.

I had one of those Bizarre Superman SDCC things, absolutely no idea where is is

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I have no idea what my rarest minifig would be. Maybe my 70's minifigure. The ones that do not have any moving arms or legs and no printed face on them.

I got my Supra in yesterday and couldn't wait to build it. Man it was a really fun build and gave me more ideas for my own builds. Also it made me realize my next creation will be a Toyota Tacoma (or Hilux depending on where you are located) since I wanted Lego to make one.
    Lego_Supra_01.jpg

Lego_Supra_02.jpg

Lego_Supra_03.jpg

This set was a bit more complex than the Nissan Skyline and I really love and hate the stickers at the same time. Clear backed stickers are a pain in the rear to apply for me, but I managed to try and get them centered or lined up. The thing is actually quite heavy which surprised me. Also the tires were molded onto the rims which is interesting for the newer sets since that was something I remember from the old days when the wheels and axle were stuck on a Lego brick.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

They kinda sorta got really close with the 2014 employee set https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=4002014-1#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

A said a bird of paradise, not a goose.

(But seriously, they are really cool.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    It's an interesting question to consider. I guess my rarest would be some of the later Dimensions stuff, after it started not selling so well. Tricky because I have a fair amount of custom ones from those places that make everybody under the sun and some of those have gotten good enough that its really hard to tell from official; my favorites of those are Pinhead from Hellraiser and MODOK

This discussion has been closed.