As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i'm not even sure what a [movie] is

196979899100102»

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    Ketar wrote: »
    Lars wrote: »
    Wasn't District 9 made with leftovers from a failed Halo project or something like that?

I'm pretty sure District 9 was why that guy got tapped for the Halo project, rather.

Nope. He was tapped for Halo years before he directed District 9. He was known for commercials and short films when Peter Jackson picked him to take over as director for Halo after Guillermo del Toro left the project to do Hellboy II.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/halo-the-neill-blomkamp-movie-we-never-got-to-see/

Man, I'm just batting a 1000 today. :(

It's kinda both. Alive in Joburg basically got Neill Blomkamp Halo, but then when Halo spun out, he was given the opportunity to take Alive in Joburg, turn it into a full movie by mixing it in with some of the Halo production design he had been working on, and turned out District 9.

So District 9 was released after Halo failed, but District 9 itself is very much just the longer version of the short film that got him Halo in the first place.

I appreciate the assist, but I was definitely thinking of the movie with the bug aliens and not the short with the squid aliens.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    The assault rifles are obviously halo guns in District 9 if I recall.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    The assault rifles are obviously halo guns in District 9 if I recall.
    The alien guns might derive from Halo guns but the human's weapons were all real guns. Even the spacey looking rifles.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    the amount of time, effort and money that has been spent trying to adapt halo for film and tv would be really funny if it hadn't collectively caused the deaths of like a dozen other way more interesting projects

And it's all for fuckin' Halo. Halo!!!

we're gonna finally get to see the suit jack master chief off in real life

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    it seems like it would not be that hard to adapt halo.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    it seems like it would not be that hard to adapt halo.

right? every game is "large armor man shoots aliens and then shoots other aliens and occasionally talks to an inappropriately sexy AI, sometimes while on eponymous halos."

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I feel like adapting the non-character that is the protagonist of many videogames has got to be a challenge

Every member of your audience has projected something different on to him, there's no way you're threading that needle

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    all you gotta get right in a halo movie is the suit what jerks the master chief off

nothing else really matters since master chief's story is bland as hell

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    it's pretty surprising how little character that kidnapped child soldier turned medical torture experiment subject turned living weapon has.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Should probably go the Dredd route and have a different soldier as the viewpoint character who is interacting with Master Chief.

Master Chief of course never takes his helmet off.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Should probably go the Dredd route and have a different soldier as the viewpoint character who is interacting with Master Chief.

Master Chief of course never takes his helmet off.

you don't wanna see his face as the suit jacks him off?

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    For a non-character, I would simply cast Sam Worthington.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    it's pretty surprising how little character that kidnapped child soldier turned medical torture experiment subject turned living weapon has.

you left out "demon".

• Options
    hey have any of you watched that movie My Spy?

it's got Dave Bautista and Kristen Schaal in it, so I'm willing to forgive a certain degree of 'bad'

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    support the who now?

I dunno, they made it pretty big in the 60s, and now they're all retired

This discussion has been closed.