As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The thread that goes bump in the night! [Spooky] Thread y'all!

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    The only ghost I believe in is the ghost who threw that ladys dog across her room

:(

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    The only ghost I believe in is the ghost who threw that ladys dog across her room

:(

https://youtu.be/5YYXyBq7e3A

as featured on Buzzfeed!

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    No, I mean that Hobnail doesn’t believe in me :(

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    No, I mean that Hobnail doesn’t believe in me :(

As long as you believe in you, who gives a shit what shmimby pimby believes?

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I just love that that lady absolutely fucking kicked her own dog and then to cover for herself she said a ghost did it and things got out of hand and now she's making money off the dog kicking ghost she made up

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    seriously, how fucking credulous do you have to be to go "it was clearly a ghost that did this and not just some shitty animal abuser"

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    seriously, how fucking credulous do you have to be to go "it was clearly a ghost that did this and not just some shitty animal abuser"

From the description it sounds more like she had a sleep paralysis episode, no dogs were kicked at all.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    JESUS

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    JESUS

Jesus cannot help you here.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    JESUS

Jesus cannot help you here.

you stay out if this, washboard abs jesus and me have a thing

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    hsfewkqp4xz9.jpg

Apparently this is a sculpture from an italian castle

Peas on
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Hmm... "sculpture" yes.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I thought I saw a Black Shuck yesterday at the cemetery, early evening, visiting my Poppy. it let out the most intimidating bark and started hauling ass at me, and I was just like "can't outrun a ghost dog, why bother."

but luckily it was actually some kind of all black mastiff mutt who was a slobbery good boy who knew not to jump up and to sit for pets.

There used to be folklore that when you established a new cemetery, the first person buried there is kinda conscripted into helping newly dead to the afterlife and keeping the cemetery safe from evil spirits and such.
    To avoid subjecting people to this weird purgatory, they'd bury a dog there first. Its spirit would become the guardian of the cemetery instead, which I think is where the whole Black Shuck thing came from.

besides me and the dog, the cemetery was empty, so I assumed that was the situation here.
    After petting and compliments, he followed me to the short stone wall that borders the cemetery (there's a good parking spot along the side and I just jump the wall) and then sat down and watched me leave.

A+ would pet again, glad my Poppy's bone orchard has a good lookout.

i found out netflix japan has done a series of The Grudge called Ju-On Origins and binge watched it a few days ago. I liked it but it ends with little to no explanation and on a cliffhanger and there's no season 2 so far. so now i'm angry.

also literally all the trigger warnings holy crap there's so much sexual violence it's just insane

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    that show had the first horror effect that actually scared me in a long time
    when they rotoscope that lady so she's just a featureless black void but still has eyes and shit, that unnerved me.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I am not going to link it but there is a Kickstarter for an FMV horror game, called "Ghosts" and nothing more, with creature design by Trevor Henderson who created Siren Head. It has until May 7th.

https://youtu.be/SKsLK_Na7iw

More spooky UFO or UAP, depending on your chosen nomenclature, videos from the Pentagon, and an uncomfirmable tidbit at the end from the reporter there where he alleges that a Pentagon contact of his says these videos are among the least compelling pieces of footage the military has.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Dang. I guess Favorite Chef gets pretty hangry.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Await Further Instructions is a gad durn upsetting film, y'all

I adore this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfITKemNNec

Man plays Outlast; scares himself half to death

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Man Finds Creepy Notes at Home, Reddit Saves His Life by Hunting Down the Culprit 13:24
    https://youtu.be/clGPDnIkBpA

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Just got home from camping! We were all packed up and just about to pull out, when I turned around and this deer was standing there. I got a picture of it standing perfectly still and I know this is just camera funkiness, but we went with it like oh no the forest has said this is our one chance to leave etc.

62u5559eilav.jpg

damn that's creepy

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    It's definitely a VanderDeer.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I took Lola on the trail once and like 14 grey deer were just hanging out at the far end.
    Ive never seen a grey deer in my life and despite her clear desire didnt feel like Lola needed to taste their flesh. So I picked up my 90 pound dog and walked her home.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Just got home from camping! We were all packed up and just about to pull out, when I turned around and this deer was standing there. I got a picture of it standing perfectly still and I know this is just camera funkiness, but we went with it like oh no the forest has said this is our one chance to leave etc.

62u5559eilav.jpg

Is that Elmo watching from the trees?

• CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    damn that's creepy

...I am not seeing whatever y'all are seeing.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I'm seeing an extremely blurry photo.

Anyone who sees a normal photo there? I question whether you know what a deer should look like.

Cuz that's not what a deer should look like.

@Doctor Detroit That's the tail light of the truck.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    That's the tail light of the truck.

…yeah, okay.

Killjoy. :P

Sounds like something a Ghost Elmo would say

speaking of ghost elmo i watch both IT movies back to back last night and surprisingly really liked them. i'm really excited for the rumored supercut to come out despite it being promised for like three+ years now

I'm curious about the mechanics of how my phone camera mangled that deer so poorly. It wasn't moving, and I held the phone steady, it was low light with a lot of moisture in the air.

Here's a deer from the earlier on the same trip, same camera.

ijg4pidm4c8x.jpg

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    It's not the phone. That deer was just an unstable anomaly.