As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

In a world, where [Trailers] are fun...

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jesus can we just get the ghostbusters movie already?

Yeah have it come out, underwhelm and we can eagerly await the next attempt in 4 to 8 years.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    "Heartwarming, fatherly, millennial nostalgia" is not what I associate with Ghostbusters. I have as much faith in this being good as I did the reboot.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    We've reached the point where just competent solid storytelling is considered millenial nostalgia. Burn it all down, it can't be saved.

Will Good Charlotte team up with Megan Thee Stallion for this movie's theme song a ecto cooler dab.

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    haters

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I guess that's my thing, Ghostbusters was never this nostalgic perfect movie like it was Godfather 2 or something.

We should be in a world where we're on Ghostbusters 10 just like we're on Fast 9.

It should be a fun movie about people getting paid minimum wage to fight ghosts.

(I'm aware not everyone was paid minimum wage but clearly no one made money at ghostbusters HQ)

are YOU on the beer list?
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    haters

I really do hope that the people who want this get their entertainment. And I'm all for the ecosystem of people needed to make a Hollywood movie getting paid, especially after COVID. I just think this movie is gonna wildly miss what made Ghostbusters good.

Having said that I completely fell for the nostalgia gimmick of Stranger Things so maybe I'll like this new GB in spite of myself.

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    I guess that's my thing, Ghostbusters was never this nostalgic perfect movie like it was Godfather 2 or something.

We should be in a world where we're on Ghostbusters 10 just like we're on Fast 9.

It should be a fun movie about people getting paid minimum wage to fight ghosts.

(I'm aware not everyone was paid minimum wage but clearly no one made money at ghostbusters HQ)

It's meant to be about wildly unqualified, schlubby, old guys getting paid minimum wage to fight ghosts. They turn on a nuclear reactor in an elevator and back away about 3 inches and then nearly merc the maid. It's definitely not a family drama or whatever this new one is trying to be, and I get everyone likes Paul Rudd, but he's always just Paul Rudd in anything he is in. You can't replicate those 3 actors, wildly talented guys at the peak or near peak of their talents, and as much as I like Murray, he is a dick for stalling the series for so long that one of them died before we got a third film.

EDIT: We did get the Ghostbusters game at least, though it'd be nice if there were a way to sit back and watch that in a 90 minute to 2 hour movie format.

AlphaRomero on
    It does make me sad the banality of ghost busting always seems to be the part that gets dropped from the plot.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • notyanotya Registered User regular

It's meant to be about wildly unqualified, schlubby, old guys getting paid minimum wage to fight ghosts. They turn on a nuclear reactor in an elevator and back away about 3 inches and then nearly merc the maid. It's definitely not a family drama or whatever this new one is trying to be, and I get everyone likes Paul Rudd, but he's always just Paul Rudd in anything he is in. You can't replicate those 3 actors, wildly talented guys at the peak or near peak of their talents, and as much as I like Murray, he is a dick for stalling the series for so long that one of them died before we got a third film.

EDIT: We did get the Ghostbusters game at least, though it'd be nice if there were a way to sit back and watch that in a 90 minute to 2 hour movie format.

Sorry but we don't hire middle aged schlubby men to be leads anymore.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Oh so Ghostbusters: Nepositm... OK

wbBv3fj.png
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Jesus can we just get the ghostbusters movie already?

Yeah. I don't like how they just dribble out a little at a time.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    mayb they can give it to zach snyder next so we can get gritty murderin ghostbusters
    ghosts are also blurry by their very nature so it works out

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    mayb they can give it to zach snyder next so we can get gritty murderin ghostbusters

A grim-dark Ghostbusters movie could be really cool. Not good. Just cool.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

A grim-dark Ghostbusters movie could be really cool. Not good. Just cool.

Extreme Ghostbusters: Ghost Apocalypses deserves better, but I'll take what I can get

The Real Ghostbusters had some great ideas.

I get the feeling Bill Murray will be in Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Krathoon wrote: »

He is, and he is actively promoting it. His hate for the second one has finally subsided, it seems.

https://youtu.be/J1iretuNB0w

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I feel like Ramis' death has mellowed him a bit as well. He used to talk shit about Groundhog Day all the time, then after Ramis died he's apparently crying in the front row of the musical and talking about its importance.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    I feel like Ramis' death has mellowed him a bit as well. He used to talk shit about Groundhog Day all the time, then after Ramis died he's apparently crying in the front row of the musical and talking about its importance.

Murray should, considering he was a reason we never got a third sequel. He was a dick over this for years, and people loved him for it.

I liked he Aftermath BTS video, but it heavily implied Ramis shadow directed the movie rather then legitimately passing the torch to his son. When your dad gets the final say on what happens in the movie, you're no longer the director. Maybe is bullshit, but why would he director undermine himself like ha so much? They could just as easily made Ramis occasionally chime in like a mentor from afar, while the son did the heavy lifting solidifying him inheriting the franchise and get the same outcome.

Alphagaia wrote: »

He is, and he is actively promoting it. His hate for the second one has finally subsided, it seems.

https://youtu.be/J1iretuNB0w

IIRC he cameod and promoted the reboot because he wanted the girls to be successful. I think he probably didn't care about the movie itself much, but not in a mean way. I suspect it's the same for this new GB as well. I don't mean to dismiss his past dickishness, but it's nice to see someone trying to be better.

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited June 2021

Murray should, considering he was a reason we never got a third sequel. He was a dick over this for years, and people loved him for it.

I liked he Aftermath BTS video, but it heavily implied Ramis shadow directed the movie rather then legitimately passing the torch to his son. When your dad gets the final say on what happens in the movie, you're no longer the director. Maybe is bullshit, but why would he director undermine himself like ha so much? They could just as easily made Ramis occasionally chime in like a mentor from afar, while the son did the heavy lifting solidifying him inheriting the franchise and get the same outcome.

You mean Afterlife and Reitman? For a second I gathered you thought Ramis' son directed Ground Hog Day and you were talking about that.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    Nah. His son directed it. Ivan just offered guidance.

61JnsQjBJFL._AC_SS450_.jpg

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Getting permission for every decision from his father isn't guidance, that makes the father the unofficial boss of production - unless they were making that up.

@Alphagaia Thanks, I was getting them confused.

• ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular

Getting permission for every decision from his father isn't guidance, that makes the father the unofficial boss of production - unless they were making that up.

"Alphagaia" Thanks, I was getting them confused.
    That wasn't how I interpreted the example given.
    Jason (son) was directing the actors for a scene, and was happy with the performance. He then came back to check the monitor footage to ensure the other cameras captured the actors performance to his satisfaction - and his dad said "don't worry about reviewing the footage - the cameras got it".

That's not "boss of production", that's "cinematographer" or "assistant to the director" (as opposed to "assistant director" who is more in charge of logistics than the performance). Jason wasn't seeking permission from his dad that the performance was okay, and could have reviewed the footage himself, but the point they were trying to make is that they trusted each other so didn't have to check the work.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySFBYrAdTtI

Just watch to the end and tell me if you expected that

Trailer has a major plot twist of the movie, don't watch if you dont wanna be spoiled on that

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    I dunno about twist, I read an article about upcoming Netflix things and it's part of the central premise, they don't seem to be hiding it

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySFBYrAdTtI

Just watch to the end and tell me if you expected that

Trailer has a major plot twist of the movie, don't watch if you dont wanna be spoiled on that

So I knew nothing about this before I hit play, but the second I saw the title I guessed where it was going.

I will not be watching it.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
    Little does she know, the terrorists are all snakes in a man suit!

• Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    It's all crab people. It's always crab people.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Little does she know, the terrorists are all snakes in a man suit!

snakes on a plane? Enough is enough, i've had it with these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqdWSFGGF6w

Romeo and Juliet except stupider?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Why are indie movies getting cheaper and cheaper looking. They're already on a low budget and now it seems they're doubling the cheapness by importing the shitty Netflix film in a warehouse model, even Wrath of Man had this problem where it looked like it was filmed on the same street the whole time like Repo Jake. Fucking raise your film rates or something Canada, don't allow this to happen.

TexiKen wrote: »
    Why are indie movies getting cheaper and cheaper looking. They're already on a low budget and now it seems they're doubling the cheapness by importing the shitty Netflix film in a warehouse model, even Wrath of Man had this problem where it looked like it was filmed on the same street the whole time like Repo Jake. Fucking raise your film rates or something Canada, don't allow this to happen.

Toronto has had some massively disruptive yet at the same time half assed and ineffective lockdowns that i'm sure managed to fuck up quite a lot of shooting schedules.

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    is that goku

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgLirqzxJRY

New trailer. Still doesn't make a lick of sense.

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »

It almost makes even less sense, which I find admirable

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    That Chris Pratt time travel movie looks so dumb.

Like dumber than "AH is gonna go watch an Adam Sandler movie on Netflix instead" dumb.

are YOU on the beer list?
    That Chris Pratt time travel movie looks so dumb.

Like dumber than "AH is gonna go watch an Adam Sandler movie on Netflix instead" dumb.

Hovers mouse over happy Gilmore, clicks on little Nicky

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    TheBigEasy wrote: »

It almost makes even less sense, which I find admirable
    It looks like the "sending people into the future to fight a war" is a ruse but is instead a test to from a team to time travel to just before the invasion to stop it from happening. Also ten to one that Strahovski's character is Pratt's daughter/grand daughter.

This discussion has been closed.