As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The most wonderful time for a [BEER]

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited November 2021 in Social Entropy++
And be reborn here as the NEW BEER THREAD POST QUARANTINE 2021 EDITION DELUXE TURBO

u5qmiavpz4be.jpeg

Currently drinking this IPA called 8 Count.

It is by Lupulin in collaboration with Caleb Truex

Caleb Truex is a boxer, hence the boxing theme on the can.

It’s a very good IPA. Very drinkable and coming in at a nice 7.5%.

Lupulin has never let me down.

Raijin Quickfoot on

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Next up!!

e8eig68xezpy.jpeg

This is a wonderful triple hopped triple IPA from Surly.

Coming in at a WHOPPING 10.6% this is not a beer for lightweights.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Lupulin is great! Surly is no longer served in my home because we are a union house.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    8 Count is good and worth your money.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    hey did you hear about that they put lime in bud light now

7656367.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Tell me more

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

Thats so long ago, they put oranges in it now.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Going by my last trip to the grocery story with a big beer aisle there's a whole range of fruity Bud Lights now!

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    what a country!

7656367.jpg
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I got a make your own six pack at Total Wine today. Currently drinking a Jai Lai and have a Terrapin Luau lined up at the B-Dubs, yay for being vaccinated.

Total Wine is heaven

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Bullshit. I have it on the Best Authority that Bud is Real Beer for Real Manly Men, and they don’t do hipster bullshit like putting fruit in beer.

Related: Fox Leap sour cherry ale was recommended to me by the Total Wine guy because they didn’t have any Dear Peter.

It was good but not nearly as good as Dear Peter.

https://www.allagash.com/beer/fox-leap/?ao_confirm

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Super-dark pour, very toasty-malty. Sadly low ABV, but doesn't suffer taste-wise. Still not a fan of <5% trend.

paeu1aqknzcg.jpg

MichaelLC on
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Super-dark pour, very toasty-malty. Sadly low ABV, but doesn't suffer taste-wise. Still not a fan of <5% trend.

paeu1aqknzcg.jpg

I love the lower ABV. For far to long it's been too difficult to get a flavorful IPA that wasn't north of 8%.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    9pjvdnprr7wk.png

New thread challenge: let's see how many buffalo secretions we can drink.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Today I saw an ad for Corona hard seltzer.

It made me angry.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

It made me angry.

Like Corona is making a new hard seltzer, or they just mixed Corona with seltzer

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Haven't they had a seltzer for a year or two now?

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    q2tl7az1zwzp.png

The hard seltzer game has been buck wild for a while now.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Mikkeller delivers here. Blessed be. Blessed fucking be! My house isn't connected to the sewage system but I can have a good draught.

Fuck off and die.
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Mikkeller delivers here. Blessed be. Blessed fucking be! My house isn't connected to the sewage system but I can have a good draught.

Just remember - no one may own beer, merely rent it.

You know what I like?

Beer.

Sad news though…

Tavour no longer delivers to me. This really sucks as it was a fun way to get some unique beers

3cl1ps3 wrote: »

It made me angry.

Like Corona is making a new hard seltzer, or they just mixed Corona with seltzer

Impossible to tell its all water ZING FUCKIN GOTEM HAHA no but seriously I don't know

There is hard seltzer.

There is imperial hard seltzer.

There is barrel-aged imperial hard seltzer.

And every drop should be used to combat forest fires instead of people consuming it.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    There is hard seltzer.

There is imperial hard seltzer.

There is barrel-aged imperial hard seltzer.

And every drop should be used to combat forest fires instead of people consuming it.

I'm sure you're joking, but there's legit audiences for those beverages. My sister for instance has gluten intolerances and can't drink beer anymore, so she's really happy hard seltzers and ciders exist.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    I got nothing against the seltzer game, but vodka soda is like right there?

You know what I like?

Beer.

Why would you say something so controversial yet so brave?

I'm still not sure how or why hard seltzer became the go to freak flag of white women. Like hoist the colors ladies and up goes a can of White Claw and Megan Thee Stallion starts playing over the PA and all Her Majesty's merchant sailors start scrambling overboard to escape.

Better to take yer chances in the briny blue than face the all consuming, fizzy wrath of a blackberry flavored Hot Girl Summer.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I'm still not sure how or why hard seltzer became the go to freak flag of white women. Like hoist the colors ladies and up goes a can of White Claw and Megan Thee Stallion starts playing over the PA and all Her Majesty's merchant sailors start scrambling overboard to escape.

Better to take yer chances in the briny blue than face the all consuming, fizzy wrath of a blackberry flavored Hot Girl Summer.

Its the non-beer alternative like wine coolers used to be. Theres always going to be a market for fizzy alcoholic drinks that arent beer but you can still buy in a can/bottle and have on a nice sunny day. Marketing has just went nuts with it.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    God I wish I could've gotten in on the hard seltzer wave.

I'd be doing so much party yacht cocaine right now.

I admit to totally being wrong about the staying power of hard seltzer.

Had it pegged as a momentary wave like hard root beer but holy shit was I off by a mile.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Never did have a hard rootbeer that I liked.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Never did have a hard rootbeer that I liked.

Check out Not your Father's Root beer?

Yeah Not your Father's was the only one I ever liked. Everything else tasted like liquid shit. And even then if it got slightly warm it started tasting awful so you had to keep it cold. Or just put it in ice cream as God intended.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Every hard root beer I've tried has been way too sweet

• SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Every hard root beer I've tried has been way too sweet

I was about to say, Not Your Father's is the one I've tried most and still disliked how sweet it was.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Its summer, so time for sours, raddlers, and other light, easy drinking fruit bombs. Just finished a couple of hours of yard work and picked up a 6 pack of this to try:

132auzosqg8x.jpg

Verdict, me likey. Very smooth, yet crisp flemish style sour with hints of blueberry and black cherry.

Thus far in their ownership Duvel is still very much letting Boulevard do their own thing and while they've gone far heavier into cans instead of bottles, the product itself is still uniformly high quality and I don't mind keeping most of my craft beer purchases local, as it were.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Duchesse de Bourgogne is very good. I don't think I could do more than one at a time, but for a slow sipper it's excellent.

It's a flemish red Ale that's aged in oak casks and then mixed with other beers, kind of like a port. It's just barely on the border of being a sour but it doesn't cross the line so you get a delightful little bit of fruity tartness on the back end that cuts the initial sweetness.

Not Your Father's Root beer had an higher ABV version on tap in Chicago. Ordering one is the last thing I remember before waking up on the floor of my buddies apartment.

Still had my shoes on.