As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twitter embeds but clicking the link goes to a forward page

OrcaOrca Also known as EspressosaurusWrexRegistered User regular
Twitter embeds, but clicking the link goes to a forward page, eg.: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/home/leaving?allowTrusted=1&target=https://twitter.com/RogueDadMD/status/1400971548727689216

This is irritating since I block twitter from directly loading, and click on the appropriate tag when I want to see it--now there's an extra step, which doesn't make much sense to me since it's being loaded by default for everyone.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I think something similar is happening with Imgur.

I don't usually link .png files here, but I just did in the CF Board Game thread and instead of loading an image like I expected, it just gave the text name of the image and a link through - with that same forwarding page.

Fair warning: Linked image is a screencap of a Facebook post by FFG promoting an upcoming Arkham Horror release, shortly after they Pride-ified their logo.

1605p7zl.png

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Your link doesn’t load inline for me Athenor. It does go to the relay link.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Safari, iOS

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Not just non-embedded twitter links, all links leaving the site that aren't embedded youtube videos or embedded tweets are now going to a forward warning page, yeah. I assume this is intentional, so I would like to give feedback that it is really irritating and bad.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oooh, figured out what is going on with my imgur links.

By default, "BBCode" wraps the img links in a URL. That URL is overriding the image link. So if I remove the url (to see the bigger image) it'll work.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Adding my voice that I hate this change and it's extraordinarily irritating, especially since it means that even images that I upload to Penny-Arcade are no longer visible inline. If you don't trust your own image service I don't think adding a "you are now leaving" forwarder is the answer. The more logical solution to that problem is to find an image service you do trust and whitelist that service so that forumers can inline it. My two cents anyway.

Edit: Ok images inline correctly if you don't wrap them in a URL I guess.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    It wasn't a change we put into place on our end, we'll look into it

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Don’t know if this helps narrow it down or not but I cleared my website data and came back and it’s still happening

Safari for IPad, latest update AFAIK

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    This happening with ALL links now. It's very annoying.

a9hxftkl4r5y.png

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Just moused over a link in Firefox 89.0 and noticed the outbound link was different.

zqdfuym6snk9.png

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    So this was a Vanilla side update, and it looks like it's gonna take some time to sort all of it out. I'll have more of an update tomorrow, but unless I can identify a quicker fix, we might have to put up with the situation into next week.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Thanks for digging into it!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    This was fixed sometime in the last couple hours ish?

Thanks!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile