As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    also fuck "Let Fly my Vengeance"

Heh. Finished the lowest difficulty Nurgle campaign last night. I got to the final level, saw two Prosecutors with Let Fly My Vengeance and just resigned to losing (but I decided to have a go at it anyway). I figured I'd use some disposable Nurglings to finish off a Knight Incantor, but the latter's armour deflected their blow. The enemy turn roles around and their hero casts a storm to kill my Nurglings... but it also kills their Knight Incantor, and apparently Let Fly My Vengeance is indiscriminate because the Prosecutors turned around and knocked him down to half health. Had a good laugh at that, and ended up beating it (though it was a close thing: down to my hero with one health and the Great Unclean One - everything else of mine was dead).

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    How do they deal with a bunch of heroes that were previously exclusive to the Soul Wars box now being unavailable? They were all mixed up on a shared sprue so can't be individually repackaged. A new start collecting box?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2021

Heh. Finished the lowest difficulty Nurgle campaign last night. I got to the final level, saw two Prosecutors with Let Fly My Vengeance and just resigned to losing (but I decided to have a go at it anyway). I figured I'd use some disposable Nurglings to finish off a Knight Incantor, but the latter's armour deflected their blow. The enemy turn roles around and their hero casts a storm to kill my Nurglings... but it also kills their Knight Incantor, and apparently Let Fly My Vengeance is indiscriminate because the Prosecutors turned around and knocked him down to half health. Had a good laugh at that, and ended up beating it (though it was a close thing: down to my hero with one health and the Great Unclean One - everything else of mine was dead).

Basically had an unwinnable scenario on the very first stage of a run on the third difficulty because that's the difficulty where you only start with the hero and the map was *only* prosecutors. They couldn't actually damage me through my armor it was the backswing taking them out that took all my health before the second wave of more prosecutors.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Just saw a leak of the general's handbook page for Skaven. Real disappointing so I think I'm gonna put my Skaven on hold until their new battletome drops and switch over to sons of behemat since I don't need many models but holy shit I didn't realize mega gargants are $195. I thought maybe Imperial Knights got way more expensive but they haven't so this just feels super greedy.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    oh fucking oof to that coalition battleline bit

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    The mega gargant kit is wildly expensive, yeah, I guess it still probably works out cheaper than normal armies, but not by much...

On the bright side Gargants look to be pretty strong in 3.0, which is more than I can say for my poor Slaanesh looking at these points bumps!

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

?

PiptheFair wrote: »

?

Units that come from other battletomes no longer count towards as battleline. IE: Stormcast et al in Cities of Sigmar, and more importantly marked Chaos Warriors in the chaos gods' armies.

Also thy have made some choices with the endless spells.

Also they realized they fucked up and Radukar the Wolf is now available as a model on his own. The rest of the Cursed City posse? Still a 600+pt thing you take as a block.

Anyone know of a company that sells treefolk style models that are the size of sons of behemat models? I don't really like the gargants but I think a tree giant setup could end up being cool.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

?

Units that come from other battletomes no longer count towards as battleline. IE: Stormcast et al in Cities of Sigmar, and more importantly marked Chaos Warriors in the chaos gods' armies.

Also thy have made some choices with the endless spells.

Also they realized they fucked up and Radukar the Wolf is now available as a model on his own. The rest of the Cursed City posse? Still a 600+pt thing you take as a block.

I'm ok with the first one, honestly

endless spells better be getting some massive point cost increases, otherwise they are going to become the meta and we're just gonna see purple sons and silver swords and hourglasses goddamn everywhere

lol, lmao

edited June 2021
    Purple Sun just does d3/d6MW now. Swords doesn't hate chaos anymore but will ignore wards. Burning Head removes the model upon doing damage so I don't know why it is an endless spell now.

Soulsnare Shackles might be the most powerful effect where units within 6" of a part cannot declare charges.

edit: Also no more realm empowered versions which is fairly minor but also means Cities of Sigmar has an alliegiance ability that doesn't do anything anymore.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Purple Sun just does d3/d6MW now. Swords doesn't hate chaos anymore but will ignore wards. Burning Head removes the model upon doing damage so I don't know why it is an endless spell now.

Soulsnare Shackles might be the most powerful effect where units within 6" of a part cannot declare charges.

edit: Also no more realm empowered versions which is fairly minor but also means Cities of Sigmar has an alliegiance ability that doesn't do anything anymore.

Kinda like the skaven alliegiance ability that buffs units of 20+ and 30+ models. Pretty much only works on clan rats now (which also went from 200 to 260 at 40 models, big oof (30% increase)).

TheGerbil on
    TheGerbil wrote: »

Kinda like the skaven alliegiance ability that buffs units of 20+ and 30+ models. Pretty much only works on clan rats now (which also went from 200 to 260 at 40 models, big oof (30% increase)).

Yea, this is the big thing for me. Running units of 10 plague monks means no benefit and running multiple 20 model squads means 1 death and I lose the benefit.

I'm hoping when they get their battletome or a FAQ comes out that they modifying the Skaven alliegiance or the minimum squad size.

My search for tree folk minis that are mega gargant sized has so far been fruitless. Gonna keep searching though.

Stragint wrote: »

Yea, this is the big thing for me. Running units of 10 plague monks means no benefit and running multiple 20 model squads means 1 death and I lose the benefit.

I'm hoping when they get their battletome or a FAQ comes out that they modifying the Skaven alliegiance or the minimum squad size.

My search for tree folk minis that are mega gargant sized has so far been fruitless. Gonna keep searching though.

https://creaturecaster.com/us/product/boreal-treewalker-3/

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Just saw a leak of the general's handbook page for Skaven. Real disappointing so I think I'm gonna put my Skaven on hold until their new battletome drops and switch over to sons of behemat since I don't need many models but holy shit I didn't realize mega gargants are $195. I thought maybe Imperial Knights got way more expensive but they haven't so this just feels super greedy.

Skaven got way better.

You should see what people are doing with warpfire throwers hidden in groups of clanrats. Make a circle that blocks 3" from the warpfire thrower in the center. Enemy unit charges clanrats with a large unit like Mortek guard. Warpfire thrower has an 8" range. 1 CP for Unleash hell.

???

PROFIT.

The biggest loser was Slaanesh. Those points frankly make no sense.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Aegeri wrote: »

Skaven got way better.

You should see what people are doing with warpfire throwers hidden in groups of clanrats. Make a circle that blocks 3" from the warpfire thrower in the center. Enemy unit charges clanrats with a large unit like Mortek guard. Warpfire thrower has an 8" range. 1 CP for Unleash hell.

???

PROFIT.

The biggest loser was Slaanesh. Those points frankly make no sense.

I have seen the warpfire throwers in groups of clanrats thing and is something I've wanted to do. The only issue and it is entirely personal is that I don't have the Kragnos book cause I don't really want to buy it just for that rule and I don't think I'll buy the Skaven box that came with it cause I already have 12 stormfiends and I'm not sure I need 15 though maybe I could do something else with them.

The other personal issue is that the warpfire throwers being sold are old, ugly, metal, and $18 for a single model. I could absolutely spend the money I would spend on setting up a sons of behemat army on warpfire throwers instead but old, ugly, and metal is really my biggest thing.

I also don't understand how warpfire throwers hidden in clanrats means Skaven got way better. They are a single non battleline model so I can't reinforce them and I can only use unleash hell once per charge phase and I have a 50% chance of getting a mortal wound off on the enemy models within 8". It is definitely good but I don't see it as Skaven got way better good.

Unless I'm missing something which would 100% not surprise me if I was.

I also am kind of into the idea of this sons of behemat list. I decided instead of trying to do a treefolk thing I'm gonna do elementals because of the link that PiptheFair posted. Been lookin on etsy for appropriate sized models to fill some other elemental types.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    There's apparently some sort of huge delay with the new AoS box. Only a few boxes will apparently be available now, the rest in August of "later this year".

I suspect that the problem is getting the paper/printed components, since delays only appear to hit products where that is a large part. One could have argued that they should have delayed the launch, but they clearly opted not to do that.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I don't know about actual Warhammer stores, but "Independent Stockists" are limited to 15 copies at launch, and should be able to get 15 more in "early August", and then won't be getting any more until the end of the year.

If you have any interest in Dominion whatsoever, go preorder a box right now.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular

?

Well, that's pretty much all my Tzeentch army done for.
    Wonder if I should just pivot to 100% StD as those are the chaos minis I like the best anyway

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Dayspring wrote: »

?

Wonder if I should just pivot to 100% StD as those are the chaos minis I like the best anyway

Join me, and become the second person I know to run tzeentch themed S2D.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

?

Counting youself?

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Dominion boxes still seem to be available on the GW webstore, and with some independent game stores, I guess they made enough stock this time around to avoid selling out instantly. Granted I'm in the UK, there might be brexit/covid bottlenecks in getting decent supplies overseas.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    A store in Australia started with around 60-70 boxes and was on 8 when I last looked.

This is not going to be a scalpers dream.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    On principle, I refuse to buy something I can't just go and buy (or have shipped to me) at my convenience. None of this "stand in line and hope you'll be allowed to buy" nonsense for me.

I did that exactly once (for the Wii), but as soon as I got to the store I asked myself "what am I doing?" and just left. A month later I bougth a Wii when they had then in normal stock.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Got my two boxes pre-ordered. The queue system, while obnoxious that it needs to exist, seems to work pretty well. I got in right at 10 AM and 10 minutes later I was in, and the website was responsive. Had no issues getting the order in.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling

?

Counting youself?

Yessir.

gonnhammer did a review of the points changes for those interested

https://www.goonhammer.com/age-of-sigmar-3-0-points-review/

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Looks like you can still pre-order on the US store. That's good. Scalpers can get fucked.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    I'm so torn on magnetizing my Skaven stormfiends. I already don't know what weapons to use and magnets would help but are also somewhat annoying to deal with.

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    I liked it but dear god it needs some stability patches.

Nurgle is worthwhile for the incredibly overdone voice acting.

Sorry about the stability. We just dropped a first patch that addresses that the lion share of the issues. Going to keep at it - have more patches planned, with an eye for usability/UI next up. It's Gasket Games first game and we definitely want to support it and grow it.

Re: voice acting - I did all the casting and character background for the game as well as assisted in voice direction (and brought on Robbie Macniven of Black Library fame to write). Lots of fun and talented actors to worth with. The guy who played Ichorian l, Felix Hayes, is the bomb.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I still just want the rule book {maybe the terrain as I don't have a lot of AoS terrain}
    Hopefully this weekend it's not as ick hot at night as I want to paint some more of my Melusai

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular

?

I really love the Tzeentch Greater demon, characters, and Tzaangors, but don't like the minor demons or Acolytes very much at all.
    I love almost all of the StD range but not super keen on the big monsters and centerpiece minis.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Matrias wrote: »

Sorry about the stability. We just dropped a first patch that addresses that the lion share of the issues. Going to keep at it - have more patches planned, with an eye for usability/UI next up. It's Gasket Games first game and we definitely want to support it and grow it.

Re: voice acting - I did all the casting and character background for the game as well as assisted in voice direction (and brought on Robbie Macniven of Black Library fame to write). Lots of fun and talented actors to worth with. The guy who played Ichorian l, Felix Hayes, is the bomb.

Glad to see you are still working on Warhammer stuff!

u7stthr17eud.png
    edited June 2021
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Glad to see you are still working on Warhammer stuff!

They keep reeling me back in, I can't escape!

Wasn't sure what I would be doing with my career when my time at Relic ended... A couple months later, I did some consulting on this pitch that became Storm Ground as a mutual favour for some old colleagues who had just started up Gasket, everything spun out of control from there.

Matrias on
    Magnetized 1 of the windlauncher/warpfire projector stormfiends so far. Not sure I'm gonna do the others. The right arm came out good but the left arm is noticeably off center and it bothers me. Need to figure out which one to pick for this.

Really love how stormfiends look though. Awesome model.

edited June 2021

?

I really love the Tzeentch Greater demon, characters, and Tzaangors, but don't like the minor demons or Acolytes very much at all.
    I love almost all of the StD range but not super keen on the big monsters and centerpiece minis.

Aw c'mon, you gotta love the Mutalith Vortex Beast. It's S2D.

TheGerbil on
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular

Re: voice acting - I did all the casting and character background for the game as well as assisted in voice direction (and brought on Robbie Macniven of Black Library fame to write). Lots of fun and talented actors to work with. The guy who played Ichorian l, Felix Hayes, is the bomb.

Pat yourself on the back, mate.

While Ichorian is a ton of fun I honestly have trouble picking a favourite hero. They're all superbly realised.

edited June 2021
    Made up a list for 3rd.

I used the 4 reinforcements to triple both Skryre Acolyte units. I should also be able to use the Warlord and Grand Battery core battalions.

Enhancements seem kind of weird but after reading it more I think I get it.
    HQ
    Warpseer (commander)
    Arch Warlock
    Warlock Bombardier
    Warlock Bombardier

Battleline
    15 Skryre Acolyte
    15 Skrrye Acolyte
    3 Stormfiends

Artillery
    Warp Lightning Cannon
    Warp Lightning Cannon

Behemoth
    Doomwheel

Stragint on

Re: voice acting - I did all the casting and character background for the game as well as assisted in voice direction (and brought on Robbie Macniven of Black Library fame to write). Lots of fun and talented actors to work with. The guy who played Ichorian l, Felix Hayes, is the bomb.

Pat yourself on the back, mate.

While Ichorian is a ton of fun I honestly have trouble picking a favourite hero. They're all superbly realised.

thanks bud.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Are Kharadron GW's author insert in AoS?
    i07n8enrwfmd.png

This discussion has been closed.