As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

In a world, where [Trailers] are fun...

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    I dunno about twist, I read an article about upcoming Netflix things and it's part of the central premise, they don't seem to be hiding it

Yeah this film is being heavily marketed as a vampire film. They definitely aren't giving any twist away. That's just an effective trailer imo.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Netflix has decided to throw down the gauntlet and out-weird Japan with an isekai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUthGFJ2j94

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgLirqzxJRY

New trailer. Still doesn't make a lick of sense.

oh that's cute, they glide like little flying squirrels

DanHibiki on
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Of course the aliens are winning, The humans are running up and shooting them at point blank range. Kind of removes the advantage of range weapons you know.

Even the fucking aircraft are flying way to low. We have the technology to drop those same bombs from 20 000 feet with the same effectiveness. Its a whole thing. The air force is very proud of it.

Also has any of these movies heard about artillery? Having your past draftees haul ammo for the 155mm and MLRS systems would be a better use of their lives then have them engage in room to room house clearings. Throw a dozen shells into that building and collapse it on top of those albino shits. Then get a bunch of Bulldozers and tanks to dig out and kill any survivors.

At least the aliens in Edge of Tomorrow could see the future going for them.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    It would be hilarious if the twist was "this group of assholes attracted the aliens to earth, let's recruit them all with promises of "saving the future" and then get them all killed."

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Of course the aliens are winning, The humans are running up and shooting them at point blank range. Kind of removes the advantage of range weapons you know.

Even the fucking aircraft are flying way to low. We have the technology to drop those same bombs from 20 000 feet with the same effectiveness. Its a whole thing. The air force is very proud of it.

Also has any of these movies heard about artillery? Having your past draftees haul ammo for the 155mm and MLRS systems would be a better use of their lives then have them engage in room to room house clearings. Throw a dozen shells into that building and collapse it on top of those albino shits. Then get a bunch of Bulldozers and tanks to dig out and kill any survivors.

At least the aliens in Edge of Tomorrow could see the future going for them.

Yeah, monster movies only exist if you discount the whole of modern military technology and knowledge.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Netflix has decided to throw down the gauntlet and out-weird Japan with an isekai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUthGFJ2j94

Well, that just looks delightful !

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    The look on Chris Pratt's face in that thumb nail just about sums up how dumb the movie looks

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Honestly? Give me Godzilla wrecking 17th century Japan.

King Kong brought back not to star in Broadway, but to fight in the colosseum.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    I very much doubt the aliens are going to prove to be aliens at all. It's going to be some Dragonball Z variation where some asshole past science group built the critters in a lab in the mountains they keep showing, Crisp Rat's team is actually sent to the future to die but finds that info instead, the big oil rig fight or whatever is them trying to race back to the time machine to go back in time with said info, and then Crisp Rat takes his survivors plus his dad to go wipe out the critters at the science facility. Then there is going to be some stupid reason as to why only Team Rat can go do it, like the future-commanders don't believe the Ratters found the location or are secretly trying to keep it suppressed or actually made the critters because they're the actual aliens or want humanity dead or whatever.

Anyway, the line that the critters are "smarter, stronger, and faster than you can imagine" lays out precisely how totally fucking stupid the movie is. These things apparently just run everything down because they're big and strong, and it looks like they have fuck-all for brains as they seem to just suicidally charge everything down with zero use of tactics or, I dunno, weapons. And they're multiplying wildly beyond control without doing any cultivation or farming or food preservation. I can imagine how smart an average human can, and these things look way more stupid than that. And I can fucking see them moving quite easily and understand they can knock cars around and shit, so obviously they are both well within the limits of my imagination for speed and strength.

Also, bonus prediction: each critter is actually a transformed human or some other stupid twisty thing. Double bonus prediction: humans from the past are being sent to the future so they will turn into the monsters, for some nefarious reason.

EDIT: Reign of Fire. That's what this really stupid premise makes me think of. But at least that had some proper fucking dragons for being such a dumb idea.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    OK I'm sorry I feel like this makes me part of the problem

But Centaurworld looked good. I want to watch it.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSJTPbAm-SM

I watched this and now so you shall.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSJTPbAm-SM

I watched this and now so you shall.

Treif...

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    My only question is if he got beat up right before getting to that restaurant or if he really did travel all that way etc without cleaning up first.

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    my only question is...

actually i think i have so many that none of them have the space to properly congeal in my mind. i have nothing.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I cannot tell if Cage is attempting to do a serious drama or if the movie is going to turn into John Wick 4: this time its about a pig and Cage is a chef. Though i think i have an idea of how some of the things are going to end

wbBv3fj.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited June 2021

I've been complaining that movies recently have shifted off "It's about family" and into "Daddy issues"....... but holy shit is this movie just about a dude with so many daddy issues he abandons his kid to run off to the future war with his dad? The spoiler is that his now broken kid is helping him in the future, right?

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    How much Rage can A Nick Cage Portray if a Nick Cage Portrays Rage?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    How much Rage can A Nick Cage Portray if a Nick Cage Portrays Rage?

We already got that movie 10 years ago:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jouaan70m4c

It's only a smidge better than the FNaF movie that he just did.

steam_sig.png
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Yes, Chris Pratt movie looks dumb, but it looks like my kind of dumb.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

I've been complaining that movies recently have shifted off "It's about family" and into "Daddy issues"....... but holy shit is this movie just about a dude with so many daddy issues he abandons his kid to run off to the future war with his dad? The spoiler is that his now broken kid is helping him in the future, right?

So Ad Astra but even dumber?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    The sad truth is Tomorrow War looks like it will at least be better than Without Remorse, so that's a win for streaming Amazon big movies.

TexiKen wrote: »
    The sad truth is Tomorrow War looks like it will at least be better than Without Remorse, so that's a win for streaming Amazon big movies.

The lowest of bars to clear.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Nick Cage is like a chainsaw, or a sledgehammer: a tool that seems outwardly ridiculous, but is actually perfect within a specific context. And if you choose to use it under the wrong circumstances, well, that decision making was always going to result in a disastrous end product, anyway.

I mean I had zero expectations hadn't read the source material at all for Without Remorse and the film was still a huge let down.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

Doodmann wrote: »

And with an incredibly less talented lead.
    Ill probably end up watching it anyway, for free, in the background, while I play Kerbal or something.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Jurassic World Domination teaser for an extended teaser that you can only see at IMAX. But in reality it'll be on the internet a day later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-l6pyOyx8Q

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • TenzytileTenzytile Registered User regular
    Trailer for Titane, the sophomore feature by director Julia Ducournau, who made a splash 5 years ago with her horror film Raw.

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYm2RETn_oQ

Looks sleazy and intense, though the trailer doesn't give much of a sense of what it's about on a plot level. I've been meaning to see Raw for a while; I think I'll watch it before Cannes gets underway in a couple weeks.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    edit: wrong thread UwU.

TexiKen on
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Willis must owe back taxes or something.

Willis must owe back taxes or something.

Seriously, or Scout has been kidnapped and he must make shitty movies to get her back.

pleasepaypreacher.net

damn... he looks like a fucking bog-mummy in that preview image

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »

Wait, if she was taking snapshots, why was the camera also recording video?
    Immersion ruined.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    DanHibiki wrote: »

Wait, if she was taking snapshots, why was the camera also recording video?
    Immersion ruined.

That is actually pretty common now I think.

wbBv3fj.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing he took one of those last hoorah deals for like 20 million for 8-10 movies like the one Nick Cage is on.

It's the same thing that studio did with Charles Bronson and Chuck Norris in the 70s

After that, they'll either end up on a scripted tv drama that does surprisingly well, or get into politics.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I'm guessing he took one of those last hoorah deals for like 20 million for 8-10 movies like the one Nick Cage is on.

It's the same thing that studio did with Charles Bronson and Chuck Norris in the 70s

After that, they'll either end up on a scripted tv drama that does surprisingly well, or get into politics.

I would watch Nick Cage ham it up in a bad movie way more than I would watch Bruce Willis sleep walk through a terrible movie

• ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    I'm sure I read somewhere that his kids keep trying to start their own gigs and they keep fizzling out. I know it's fairly well publicised that he took his divorce from Demi Moore as him failing as a father. It's entirely possible his latest films could be him funding his kids' ventures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFqj276vwBo

Ok I'm sorry for all the bad trailers.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.