As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Apotheosis was a mistake.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Apotheosis Priest was a mistake.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

Plus it takes the most amount of game time.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I found a cute combo in BGs that I hadn't thought of before: The new demon that grows when you don't have a full board pairs nicely with Yshaarj, who always wants to have a spot open in the midgame.

Both pieces are too weak independently, so I still crashed and burned against real heroes with real comps, but it was nice while it lasted.

• Options
    lwt1973 wrote: »

Plus it takes the most amount of game time.
    Incidentally I was watching J Alexander's stream yesterday and he was totally fed up with priest. He had a "FUCK PRIEST" text overlay he put on his screen every time he was facing a priest opponent. It was up a lot.

• Options
    Grobian wrote: »
    I found a cute combo in BGs that I hadn't thought of before: The new demon that grows when you don't have a full board pairs nicely with Yshaarj, who always wants to have a spot open in the midgame.

Both pieces are too weak independently, so I still crashed and burned against real heroes with real comps, but it was nice while it lasted.

I've tried to make that minion work and it just Doesn't

The best case scenario I can think of is getting a single pump on it and then using a Soul Devourer on it I GUESS

I dunno what the hell they were thinking when they designed it though. Was Siegebreaker kinda meh and boring? Yes. But this replacement is not better.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »

I've tried to make that minion work and it just Doesn't

The best case scenario I can think of is getting a single pump on it and then using a Soul Devourer on it I GUESS

I dunno what the hell they were thinking when they designed it though. Was Siegebreaker kinda meh and boring? Yes. But this replacement is not better.

It's fine as a transitional minion for heroes who level agressively. Because you won't have a full board anyway and also will sell all your stuff later. But of course, if you level aggressively you can't afford to roll, so you just buy whatever slab of stats is in the shop. Lucky if you hit it, I guess.

Maybe they thought it would be good in a Juggler comp? There are the two taunt demons that need space for their deathrattles (void daddy and the newer one that spawns the 3/2 imps) so you might want to have room for those? Still would require you to run Juggler comp in 2021, though.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    One down, two to go.

qqTQ7SZ.png

I used the He Zong Lian Heng list because every other list I could find wasn't updated for post Wailing Caverns.
    ### Odd
    # Class: Demon Hunter
    # Format: Wild
    #
    # 2x (1) Battlefiend
    # 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
    # 1x (1) Consume Magic
    # 2x (1) Demon Companion
    # 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
    # 2x (1) Illidari Studies
    # 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
    # 2x (1) Leper Gnome
    # 2x (1) Lowly Squire
    # 2x (1) Mana Burn
    # 2x (1) Twin Slice
    # 2x (3) Arcane Golem
    # 2x (3) Dreadlord's Bite
    # 2x (3) Relentless Pursuit
    # 2x (3) Stiltstepper
    # 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
    #
    AAEBAZvoAwKe+ALUyAMO0gOSBbYT/acD4LwD8skD3MwDgtADxd0Dzd0Dz90D8+MDwvED0p8EAA==

Trying to climb in Classic now and I'm hardstuck in Plat. Miracle has a steep learning curve and I am struggling with basically everything; mulligans, resource allocation, Auctioneer timing, etc. I might have to just play an easier deck and learn Miracle another season.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it's just an early game tempo minion, which is fine except that it's a demon and they already have good early tempo (and little lategame oomph)

that minion would make a lot more sense as part of some other tribe imo; something that can grow it other ways once you start to have a full board consistently.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    It's pretty hard for a T4 minion to be "early game."

Also, slight BG changes in today's patch, apparently:

TLDR: Nerf to Flat Tusk and Kangor's is now T5.
    Captain Flat Tusk
    Old: After you spend 3 Gold, gain a Blood Gem. → New: After you spend 4 Gold, gain a Blood Gem.

Kangor’s Apprentice
    Old: [Tavern Tier 6] 4 Attack, 8 Health → New: [Tavern Tier 5] 3 Attack, 6 Health

• Options
    Hah, you can still get Stealer of Souls off card generation, you just can't put him in an initial decklist.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I don't get why they've gone back and forth over kangor's stats; at the point in the game where you play it 3/6 vs 4/8 seems pretty irrelevant

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I don't get why they've gone back and forth over kangor's stats; at the point in the game where you play it 3/6 vs 4/8 seems pretty irrelevant

It's job is to literally die and be a mech refresher, its damage and health are inconsequential. It's the same as Nadina. You don't care that Nadina's stats are 7/4, you care that she gives your Dragons Divine Shields. She could be a 1/1 and would still be taken.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    The big change with Kangor is one tier earlier, 5 vs 6. Still not enough to help mechs vs the really good tribes... Well maybe unless you're the tree hero.

• Options
    Acheron wrote: »
    The big change with Kangor is one tier earlier, 5 vs 6. Still not enough to help mechs vs the really good tribes... Well maybe unless you're the tree hero.

Anything that isn't Quillboars, Elementals, Dragons, or Murlocs is in a preeeeetty bad place tbh.

Demons lost a lot of power with the removal of Floating Watcher, the replacement is... okay, some of the other new Demon stuff hasn't been terribly impactful enough, Mal'ganis isn't fucking good enough at all (and aside from Some Bigs, they're susceptible to Divine Shield and Poisonous, like straight up autolose) and Soul Juggler is Not a comp. Beasts are just.... Really too fucking hard to get going. You need so many specific pieces. Pirates are pirates lmfao. But then sometimes someone highrolls like a fucking billionaire and gets Triple Rivendare Triple Chadgar Eliza Scallywag going and it's just like "Cool, you Exodia'd me, I guess You Win". Or Hoggar APM Pirates and just out-big everyone, but that's also highroll.

I'm just saying, it's probably a design mistake when the literal correct way to play Pirates is to have a T1 minion as a cornerstone of your comp. When your Pirates comp literally only has two Pirates.... That seems like something that should be looked at.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular

It's job is to literally die and be a mech refresher, its damage and health are inconsequential. It's the same as Nadina. You don't care that Nadina's stats are 7/4, you care that she gives your Dragons Divine Shields. She could be a 1/1 and would still be taken.

Nadina would actually be better as a 1/1, since you could run it with ghoul and just torch any perfect amalgadons they might have.

Kangor is actually a little more weird. It needs to have some health to hold out for 2 mechs to die first, and board space to be created. Which means more than 4, so it avoids something like a baron’d golden ghoul.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    clrrmepohlm5.png

Just won with good ol' fashioned Bombs Away - golden Kaboom, golden Junkbot, Kangor, and a Baron with a Mecho-Egg for good measure. Then caught a Maexxna and snagged the 10/10 + DS + Windfury prize and it was academic from there.

Will definitely say catching Kangor at 5 was helpful. Not much people can do when you're bombing for 20 damage 3-4 times a round.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Acheron wrote: »
    Makes those triples on T5 a little less likely to brick!

• Options
    edited June 2021
    ronzo wrote: »

Nadina would actually be better as a 1/1, since you could run it with ghoul and just torch any perfect amalgadons they might have.

Kangor is actually a little more weird. It needs to have some health to hold out for 2 mechs to die first, and board space to be created. Which means more than 4, so it avoids something like a baron’d golden ghoul.
    Yeah, small health differences can absolutely make a difference for the "who cares, it's just supposed to die" minions. Zapp Slywick is another example. I could imagine a mid-late game board with a couple normal Kangor's as the lowest attack minions, where a Zapp could pick them both off at the start of a fight now if they're 3/6s. There are a ton of different potential breakpoints in BGs that can lead to a world of difference in certain matchups.

forty on
  • Options
    Face Hunter garbage deck that loses to everything.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I play HS on my Galaxy.

There's a constent issue in HS (any mode) where, if I'm on wifi, there's a 2-second delay after every action. If I use the cell data, there's no delay.

This has been an issue for at least a year, now.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Sorry, Priest, but your Rally won't bring back your Bloodweaver as it is now a 0 cost Murloc Tinyfin.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna just start conceding to Standard Priest. Even when you win the games take like 20 minutes and I think it'll be faster to just move on to another game.

• Options
    Yep, that was the key. Once I stopped letting Priests waste my time the whole process went a lot smoother.

WdW55zL.png

I played DRDH to D2, then swapped to Face Hunter because it seemed like the same deck but better.

Time to go back to Classic and lose with Rogue the rest of the month.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Face Hunter garbage deck that loses to everything.
    Yilias wrote: »
    Yep, that was the key. Once I stopped letting Priests waste my time the whole process went a lot smoother.

WdW55zL.png

I played DRDH to D2, then swapped to Face Hunter because it seemed like the same deck but better.

Time to go back to Classic and lose with Rogue the rest of the month.

I'm getting mixed signals here.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Yilias is a luckier player than I.

• Options
    VS #200: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-200/

Nothing particulary interesting but I found this segment eye-catching.
    Another strange factor that comes into play is Priest’s “concession rate”. There is a small, but noticeable percentage of games where the opponent simply refuses to play the matchup and concedes on turn 1. These are winnable games that the opponent gives up for free, and their effect is not trivial. We estimate that early concessions alone boost Priest’s win rate by almost 1% at top legend (excluding the mirror matchup)! We’ve never seen a deck oppress the opponent’s willingness to play the game in this fashion (and by the way, this has little to do with Dalaran preparation, as this phenomenon continued after preparation for the tournament was over).

• Options

Another strange factor that comes into play is Priest’s “concession rate”. There is a small, but noticeable percentage of games where the opponent simply refuses to play the matchup and concedes on turn 1. These are winnable games that the opponent gives up for free, and their effect is not trivial. We estimate that early concessions alone boost Priest’s win rate by almost 1% at top legend (excluding the mirror matchup)! We’ve never seen a deck oppress the opponent’s willingness to play the game in this fashion (and by the way, this has little to do with Dalaran preparation, as this phenomenon continued after preparation for the tournament was over).

1245bpx.png

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    @MNC Dover Please agree the above so we can get the recursion going ^

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    @MNC Dover Please agree the above so we can get the recursion going ^

Now to make sure no one else Agrees or Awesomes and we're good.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I'm surprised none of the old control warrior shells ever produced that result

it may be the result of players becoming more knowledgeable about the meta though

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    I've had people turn 1 concede to CWar, but always in lopsided matchups like 2014/2015 Freeze Mage or RoS Rogue though. This is people tapping out of winnables to pure psychological damage.

• Options
    I feel like a prophet getting the Priest bitching train going at the top of this page only for it to be covered/vindicated by actual VS data in this week's report!

• Options
    I've had people turn 1 concede to CWar, but always in lopsided matchups like 2014/2015 Freeze Mage or RoS Rogue though. This is people tapping out of winnables to pure psychological damage.
    A turn 6 that wipes out your board, heals your opponent to full (or nearly), and leaves their side with a 5/11 Lifesteal could give anyone PTSD.

• Options
    I really hope Blizzard sees the amount of turn 1 concedes vs Priest. Not that they'll do anything about it, but it would be funny to see the actual Priest stats.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    CWar needed time to stabilize against certain deck types, giving you a window where you might be able to kill them if they didn’t get answers.

Current Priest tends to swing crazy hard one turn that’s it, you just lost, but it’s going to be a slow loss that you can’t stop.

I always felt the first situation was a push-pull thing where you lost to their choice of strategy and how well they played (brawl BS excluded).

The second situation just feels like hot bullshit 95% of the time.

• Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    CWar needed time to stabilize against certain deck types, giving you a window where you might be able to kill them if they didn’t get answers.

Current Priest tends to swing crazy hard one turn that’s it, you just lost, but it’s going to be a slow loss that you can’t stop.

I always felt the first situation was a push-pull thing where you lost to their choice of strategy and how well they played (brawl BS excluded).

The second situation just feels like hot bullshit 95% of the time.

A perfect example:

https://youtu.be/1OJpte4RJ1M?t=168
    (jump to 2:48)

Yes it's Wild, but I feel like Standard Priest can do similar things.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Wild Priest has the decency to kill you after they've won.

• Options
    Wild Priest has the decency to kill you after they've won.

I have a completely full hand of cards that I refill every turn and you are playing off of the top of your deck. It will still take 10 minutes to grind the life out of you.

• Options

The Warlock summary was good too:
    Gul’dan’s best position in the current meta is resting his head on the left side of Illidan’s hand.

Alas, poor Warlock!