As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Sweet Baby James

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Sweet Baby James

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Of course they're not doing this so that they can add wizards almost immediately as a DLC how dare you

• Options
    LazyDogJumperLazyDogJumper Registered User regular
    I mean, I'd pay (a reasonable amount) for a Jim Darkmagic DLC voiced by Gabe. Just throwing that out there.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The companions of Icewind Dale didn't have a wizard though, right? Admittedly it has been a hot minute since I read the Icewind Dale trilogy, but my recollection the party was 5 members and consisted of the following:

Bruenor (dwarf warrior)
    Wulfgar (human barbarian)
    Catie Brie (human archer)
    Drizzt (drow ranger)
    Regis (halfling thief)

No wizards in that party. So really, if anything, they're just being true to the source material.

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Ed Greenwood already had Omin in a book, maybe it's time for Salvatore to step up.

• Options
    jackreickeljackreickel DMV, USA East CoastRegistered User new member
    There is a young wizard, he lives on the range
    His wand and his potions are his only companions
    He casts out of battle and he hides in the canyons
    Waiting for Omin, his leader to change...

• Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    Dark Alliance was mostly hack and slash, wizards just kinda, get in the way of their style... DX

• Options
    NemuriBakuNemuriBaku Registered User regular
    It's funny to think that when he started out, Jim's claims of being famous were just ego and bravado. Now he really is that famous.

• Options
    doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular
    NemuriBaku wrote: »
    It's funny to think that when he started out, Jim's claims of being famous were just ego and bravado. Now he really is that famous.

Dress for the job you want and/or fake it til you make it

we7ek91hy97o.png
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    The companions of Icewind Dale didn't have a wizard though, right? Admittedly it has been a hot minute since I read the Icewind Dale trilogy, but my recollection the party was 5 members and consisted of the following:

Bruenor (dwarf warrior)
    Wulfgar (human barbarian)
    Catie Brie (human archer)
    Drizzt (drow ranger)
    Regis (halfling thief)

No wizards in that party. So really, if anything, they're just being true to the source material.

Drizz't series spoilers, if that's even a thing
    Catie-Brie does eventually learn magic, way down the line.

Lorek on
  • Options
    Armored ChocoboArmored Chocobo Registered User regular
    palidine40 wrote: »
    Dark Alliance was mostly hack and slash, wizards just kinda, get in the way of their style... DX

Excuse me, they got this little thing called:

FIREBALL