As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crusader Kings III: You Can Steal the Pope's Hat

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Y'know without any embellishment I have to say the CK series is easily one of my absolute favorite game series of all time.

In my most humblest opinion it is practically the poster child for "emergent gameplay".

I've sunk hundreds and hundreds of hours in to the game(s) and each campaign is always different. I'm hard pressed to think of another game that has created so many awesome/hilarious/awesomely-hilarious memories for me.

For example;

I had built a great Empire centered around the Caspian Sea. The Emperor's daughter effectively became a Witch Queen and brought forth Demon Armies to overthrow her father.

The Grandson of the Emperor survived and ruled over a small county under the Witch Queen's dominion.

The Witch Queen had a son who (somehow) became best friends with the former Emperor's Grandson.

The Witch Queen's son developed in to what I can only describe as a "True Hero". His stats were crazy high, he was a good person, honorable and just- in essence he was basically a friggin Paladin of Legend.

The former Emperor's Grandson and the Witch Queen's son joined forces to end the despotic rule of the Witch Queen. It was a brutal campaign, but in the end the Witch Queen was defeated and executed by her Paladin son.

The Witch Queen's son (now Emperor) and the former Emperor's Grandson would go on to usher in a Golden Age for the Empire, eventually uniting (reuniting?) their two families via their grandchildren.

It was a crazy time.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I saw this reddit post recently that I thought was pretty cool: https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/nfedcx/ai_masterplay/
    Imagine you live in the middle ages as a lowborn. You are totally alone. You have no wife, no children, no relatives whatsoever. You are over 70 years old. Sick, you can feel death being closer and closer with every day, while all you do is lie in your bed, unable to move.

The Empire you live in also is going through a kind of a bad time. The Empress just died, leaving the Emperor without his most trusted ally.

Then, something unbelieveable happens.

The Emperor himself grants you a county within his duchy, and even your own vassal! Something that you've been waiting for your whole life!

Still ill, you try to spend your last days in glory and with dignity. You got married to a young and a beautiful noble lady. Heck, you even got yourself a concubine, why not?!

But the miraculous change in your life is not done yet. Soon you feel your strenght and vigor coming back to you. You wake up from your bed. You are no longer ill. You feel the spirit of your youth back again in your body. Life was never as good as now.

More great news! Your concubine is pregnant! That means, you are a real founder of a house now - with an heir! Just a couple months later you hold your little baby boy in your hands. You can watch him smile at you, while you smile at your wife - carrying yet another child of yours in her womb. Is this even real?

Yes, you suspected it. Life could not be so beautiful for long. There had been an assassination attempt. On your one year old firstborn. What a monster would do that? Why? You must be very careful. You must protect your family. Your House.

How can you keep your son safe? You have a hunch the killer will not stop.

You know what you must do.

You must get closer to your saviour, the Emperor. The man who saved your life and to whom you owe everything.

Luck is again on your side. Emperor has called a great hunt! You are among dozens of his vassals and champions, embarking on this quest. You try to keep as close to him as you can. You must show him, that you are a worthy ally, to earn his respect and his protection.

A boar! Emperor is in trouble and you are the only one to hear him calling for help! You save him from the ferocious beast which could rip him to pieces. He is very grateful, he even says you can ask him of anything you desire. Not exactly at that moment, he adds, and both of you are laughing.

You come back from the hunt invigorated. Full of hope that the future of your house is saved, that you got yourself the most powerful ally you could get.

Yet, back in your castle only more stunted news are waiting. News great, bad, good and confusing at the same time.

The great - your wife has given birth, your firstborn baby boy has a brother now!

The bad - the assassin attacked again, mere months just after the first time.

The good - guards caught him before he could put your baby boy to eternal sleep.

The twisted - tortured, he revealed the identity of his master. The person who wanted your firstborn dead - was the Emperor himself!

Nothing made sense in your head. You had no idea why would he want to do that. Well, on the other hand, reasoning was never your strong side. To be honest, you've never had any strong sides... Except for this one ace up your sleeve.

You had a feeling that the Emperor will not stop. He won't stop until your baby boy is dead. But you already came up with a masterplan. You got back on your horse and rode straight for the Imperial Palace.

Eventually, given opportunity to speak to the Emperor, you reminded him, how not so long ago you saved him from the wild beast. That he stated you could ask him of anything.

Now you could use your ace.

You've never had any strong sides, but you had your worst side! You were absolutely terrible at plotting and scheming.

This was your weapon.

You demanded a position on the Emperor's council. As his Spymaster!

///////////////

tl;dr

I was looking for another wife to be able to hold more counties cuz my old one died. Used a dying 70+ yrs old lowborn dude with no relatives etc. as a placeholder to inherit my county title back after a few years when he dies.

The dude immediately got a wife, a concubine, got all well and healthy and impregnated both of them. My plot to kill his firstborn failed and during the hunt later on he saved me from a boar and had a hook on me.

I tried to kill his son again and failed - again. This time got revealed. Then this dude pulled off this masterplan. He replaced my 31 intrigue Spymaster with himself and his... 1 intrigue, making my assassination scheme next to impossible to succeed.

Really, the greatest schemer I have encountered in CK3 XD

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    The changes planned for the expansion sound pretty great
    Throne Room
    A visual 3D representation of your royal court will reflect all the accumulated majesty and prestige of your dynasty,
    Accessible to Kings & Emperor levels,
    Accessible to Feudal or Clan governements,
    Royal court stylised for four Cultures,
    Artifacts can be displayed in the court.

Hold Court
    Interact with vassals and courtiers as they come to you with their problems, seeking a royal judgment.
    Minor Titles
    Minor Titles such as Antiquarian, Seneschal, Food Taster, Court Tutor, Keeper of the Swans or Court Jester. All of these will have more effects than the minor titles from CK2 so you can expect interesting new possibilities thanks to these paid characters appointed with a Minor Title. It is coming for free with the Royal Court Expansion.

Grandeur
    Increase the quality of life at your court with fancier trappings and better food, all the better to impress your rivals and attract higher quality guests,
    A new level ranging from 0 to 100,
    Other characters will be expecting a certain level of Grandeur from you depending on factors like the size of your realm,
    You can exceed or hit below expectations. Both results will have consequences,
    Grandeur is increased by many actions like spending gold to purchase amenities, ensure your courtiers & guests have everything they need, etc...,
    Reaching levels of Grandeur will unlock special actions.

Inspired People
    Talented artists, craftspeople like Smiths, Weavers, Jewelers, Scholars,etc; And thinkers can work on new projects, adding treasures and artifacts to your court,
    Inspired Guests can visit your court and ask for your patronage,
    There are different kind of inspirations

Artifacts
    Artifacts can be added to your inventory and even displayed on your characters or in your court,
    These can be passed down through generations, but they will lose their bonuses over time,
    They can be reforged or retired as heirloom thanks to an Antiquarian,
    Artifacts will increase your Grandeur,
    They can be stolen/lost, and retrieved thanks to claims/wars/duels/schemes,
    There will be events around Artifacts.

Languages
    Languages are based on cultures, and it is possible to learn these languages,
    They can be learned from different Lifestyles and each of them will have different effects depending on the use you want to make of these languages,
    Speaking a foreign character's language will halves the opinion penalty with these characters.

Cultures
    Make the most of a multicultural realm, developing a new way of life that is specifically adapted to your population and geography,
    Split from your traditional culture, adapting it into something new that better fits your aspirations,
    Each Cultures have different levels of Acceptance towards each others. Two cultures will have the same Acceptance between them,
    Cultures will consist of an Ethos, Traditions, and Pillars,
    An Ethos defines a Culture; Such as Bellicose, Stoic, Inventive, Spiritual, or Courtly. These will have a wide range of niche effects that will afect your day-to-day experience.
    Traditions are bonuses your Culture has such as military bonuses under certain circumstances, more productive farms depending on geographical areas. A Culture can have up to 6 Traditions and you can pay Prestige to add Traditions to your culture (6 max) if you have free slots for them. AI will adopt Traditions that "naturally fit" their Culture.
    Pillars lie between Ethoses & Traditions. They determine the style of your culture such as your clothes, your names and architectural style. It determines your Heritage.
    It is possible to hybridise two cultures by spending Prestige. You will be able to choose its name, colour, Ethos, Traditions and Pillars. AI will also strive to Hybridize. As an example, the Seljuks will be likely to create a Turko-Persian Culture.
    You will be able to break away from your current Culture. Culture Divergence costs Prestige and allows you to pick a new name, colour and Traditions. Culture will change at a slower pace than Faiths do - it’ll be gradual over time, tradition by tradition. Though sometimes larger shifts can occur due to isolation, or as the result of two different cultures intermingling.

More things to do besides expand is very needed.
    I really enjoyed the treasury/equipment stuff in CK2 so I'm glad to see it come back even if those scam artist "smiths" are a bane to hunt down. Losing bonuses over time also is a lot more palatable than the chance to vanish on inheritance in CK2.
    And the cultures have really needed more work so I'm glad they're getting something. It always was frustrating to have innovation progress shackled by poorly developed Norse counties in Scandinavia while ruling a Viking realm elsewhere but converting cultures and forgetting what longboats were was not great.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I enjoyed gathering stuff in Crusader Kings 2. I expect I shall again in Crusader Kings 3.

Also, the changes to Culture sound interesting. And quite a lot like the Religion system.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Artifacts were on a DLC of CK2 I didn't get, but was "want shiny thing" a casus beli? Because as somebody with gloriously unhealthy loot hoarding habits in games, I will steal the motherfuck out of the entire world.

Hevach on
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Artifacts were on a DLC of CK2 I didn't get, but was "want shiny thing" a casus beli? Because as somebody with gloriously unhealthy loot hoarding habits in games, I will steal the motherfuck out of the entire world.

They weren't in CK2 but they've said that in CK3 you can have claims to an artifact. I assume that means fights can ensue around them among family members.

That said, stealing artifacts while raiding was very much a thing in CK2 and I really hope it makes a return. I still have fond memories of the time a ruler stole the prosthetic leg of someone while raiding. Not any number of other treasures, he decided someone's artificial limb was the prize to go for.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Was his name Rocket?

• CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Just got back into CK3 from a break after the initial release flurry of gaming. Picked up my classic Ireland-as-a-tutorial game where I left off and was surprisingly able to create the Empire of Alba within fairly short order. It does seem however that there's a serious outbreak of Lollardy spreading out in the heart of England. It's even landed the duchy next door to my main holding back in the West of Ireland!

Now rather than painfully stamp it out, I am pondering giving the middle finger to the pope and converting. If I do so though, how much of a pain will it be to convert the remaining catholic hold outs across my realm. Also how much will the rest of the catholic world decide that I need to live in the sea now? I'm currently allied to the HRE and Hungarian empires by way of two of my (many!) daughters (matrilineally no less!). But will those marriages be maintained if we're no longer of the same faith?

I'm loathe to give up the Empire to holy wars before I can boot out my foreign powerful vassals and reclaim Brittania in the name of the Celts.

qwAIkpq.png

• 101101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    If I recall correctly, having your vassals like you increases their chance of converting with you.

Which means it's time for a serious ass kissing campaign ahead of switching over.

E: oh the holdouts. Taking their children as wards is effective as a long term way of converting religion/culture, though you'll again need hooks/favourability to help

101 on
    101 wrote: »
    If I recall correctly, having your vassals like you increases their chance of converting with you.

Which means it's time for a serious ass kissing campaign ahead of switching over.

E: oh the holdouts. Taking their children as wards is effective as a long term way of converting religion/culture, though you'll again need hooks/favourability to help

Since I'm running Absolute Crown Authority and have rampaged across the entirety of Scotland and England within the last several decades I'd say that I'm not exactly well though of by my vassals... I only managed to put down an usurper for the English crown due to some very timely marriages.

None of this is helped by my current ruler deciding to shoot a commoner dead about 1 year before he actually came into power (yay Dynastic Kinslayer and Murderer traits!). This was of course after I'd bred and selected them to rule as a diplomat...

Campy wrote: »
    Just got back into CK3 from a break after the initial release flurry of gaming. Picked up my classic Ireland-as-a-tutorial game where I left off and was surprisingly able to create the Empire of Alba within fairly short order. It does seem however that there's a serious outbreak of Lollardy spreading out in the heart of England. It's even landed the duchy next door to my main holding back in the West of Ireland!

Now rather than painfully stamp it out, I am pondering giving the middle finger to the pope and converting. If I do so though, how much of a pain will it be to convert the remaining catholic hold outs across my realm. Also how much will the rest of the catholic world decide that I need to live in the sea now? I'm currently allied to the HRE and Hungarian empires by way of two of my (many!) daughters (matrilineally no less!). But will those marriages be maintained if we're no longer of the same faith?

I'm loathe to give up the Empire to holy wars before I can boot out my foreign powerful vassals and reclaim Brittania in the name of the Celts.

Since Lollardy is a Christian faith, your alliances will be maintained. But since it is also a heresy, and since Canterbury is a Catholic Holy Site, you do open yourself up to becoming a target of the Crusades.

• RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    Insular Christianity is a better one to convert to if you are in that area, three local holy sites to control for future reformation uses and you are only astray to Catholicism so no Crusades.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    If I recall the relative fervor of the religions plays a role in conversion chance

as does your piety level

I'm pretty sure close relations are more likely to convert with you too.

Campy wrote: »

Since Lollardy is a Christian faith, your alliances will be maintained. But since it is also a heresy, and since Canterbury is a Catholic Holy Site, you do open yourself up to becoming a target of the Crusades.

Hmmmm... I might just set about converting some Lollard rulers then.

I've had a decision to create a holy order I've been putting off for a while. Didn't want to hand the Catholics any more help if I did convert. Will be very handy now for replacing all the English Lollard rulers with someone more... appropriate.

Dev Diary 64 - Cultures Are Forever

Quick look at what the Culture rework is gonna look like. And it looks like it's gonna be pretty extensive.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Took me a couple of days to actually read that, but ...

wq8icvx2thub.png

I love that so very, very much.

• Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    I've been getting the itch to play this again, but I'm struck with the usual Paradox game problem of wanting to wait for the upcoming DLC first.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Okay so my heir is trying to kill me. My arrest attempt fails so he raises arms against me.

I get a message that says I cannot raise my levies because the rally point is occupied by hostile forces - which is fair since that was a county under the murderous heir's jurisdiction, technically.

Which would be fine, if it would let me raise the levies in like, my own fucking county, or something.

Except it isn't letting me raise levies

AT ALL

PERIOD

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Okay so my heir is trying to kill me. My arrest attempt fails so he raises arms against me.

I get a message that says I cannot raise my levies because the rally point is occupied by hostile forces - which is fair since that was a county under the murderous heir's jurisdiction, technically.

Which would be fine, if it would let me raise the levies in like, my own fucking county, or something.

Except it isn't letting me raise levies

AT ALL

PERIOD

Can you set a new rally point?

When you go to create a new rally point you can only place it somewhere it'll work, so do that and then delete the old one(s), should be able to raise then.

Hevach wrote: »
    When you go to create a new rally point you can only place it somewhere it'll work, so do that and then delete the old one(s), should be able to raise then.

I've never had to create a new one before... uh, how do I do that?

Military menu, the flag thingies at the bottom are your existing ones. Since you never made a new one there's probably just the one. Click it and there's a panel for it, one of the buttons will let you move it, you can only move it to a spot that can be used. Put it somewhere convenient for the war and click Raise All.

To make a new one, click the + button in the military window, but under the circumference I think moving your current is going to be enough.

Awesome, thank you! I was able to swiftly crush their uprising and imprison the traitor.

Moving your Rally Point(s) around can also be very convenient once your Empire grows huge. Why bother raising all your troops in the heart of your realm when they'll have to walk all the way over to the enemy (probably consuming a bunch of supplies while on the march) when you can just raise them near the border with the enemy where they can get stuck in right away?

Moving your Rally Point(s) around can also be very convenient once your Empire grows huge. Why bother raising all your troops in the heart of your realm when they'll have to walk all the way over to the enemy (probably consuming a bunch of supplies while on the march) when you can just raise them near the border with the enemy where they can get stuck in right away?

They do take longer to raise the further away they are, but I've found it still fairly trivial. I love getting a beachhead in a new territory I'm going to conquer by keeping a county for myself just for raising troops.

Last week's Dev Diary was about what the new Culture system was going to look like. This week's is about how new Cultures will be created.

At some point, I'm definitely gonna try to create the Mongol-Norse Culture. It will be terrible.

Last week's Dev Diary was about what the new Culture system was going to look like. This week's is about how new Cultures will be created.

At some point, I'm definitely gonna try to create the Mongol-Norse Culture. It will be terrible.

Land boats and water horses!

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    A mistranslation leads to someone gifting a sea horse to a khan. This leads to either the eradication of his entire tribe, or has a small chance to become a beloved pet.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • PolarisPolaris I am powerless against the sky. Registered User regular
    I finally went back to my Ironman Ireland CK3 beginner game. I thought about restarting again because Scotland had snagged Ulster before I formed the Kingdom of Ireland, but thought what the hell and continued. I settled into a bit of Ducal management. Ally here, Princess (second in line) here, no problem. Then I had the chance to marry my heir matrilineally to the heir to the Kingdom of England (minus one Crown Prince). Now, I'm not very good at this game, but I knew this was risky business, but what the hell - they're 5 years old. I have plenty of time to figure out what to do next-oh my ruler died. Sigh.

So, left with a 5yo in charge, operation "survive" was in effect. I wasn't too worried about the game ending as I had loads of family around and, so when the inevitable coup happened by the Princess, I just let it happen. I kinda forgot you didn't play as them and lost the Kingdom. Oh and they created a cadet branch so I am the last member of my house. Sigh.

Determined to retake the throne, I somehow survived to adulthood, and the Queen of England successfully inherited the throne (Princes really should be careful around balconies), only to be usurped herself. No problem though, I wasn't too worried about taking England or anything like that, just wanted the funtimes while I battled for the throne of Ireland. This was proving hard as the ruler had embedded themselves with some good allies, fortunately, I suddenly had an abundance of daughters, so managed to get a couple of good allies myself. Oh and look, turned out the King of England wasn't very popular so look who is Queen again: my wife! Unfortunately, England was tied up in a lot of wars and there wasn't a good time. Eventually, though I bided my time and struck - retaking the throne - aha! King of England and Ireland! though, I wasn't in charge of England of course. Sadly this isn't for long as England rebelled against my fair Queen again and while I was helping out, the treacherous Dukes once again raised the flag of rebellion and took the throne from me again! Sigh.

Ok, third time is the charm. The freshly minted Duke and Duchess set about business, the current King of England didn't have any good succession so the heir was a daughter to a duchess with whom I promptly arranged a betrothal. Then Scotland - I hadn't had much dealings with them but another alliance by marriage of another daughter took care of that. Happily, they helped me once again crush my enemies as the current fool of a King of Ireland was waging a war for Northumberland. A bit of besieging later - look who's back baby! King again! I had barely time to settle before rebellion started again, no problem, I'll just calling my Scottish allies and.... Where's Scotland ? They has a peasant revolt and the peasants won! Scotland is now 3 counties. Sigh. But wait! Sometime in the last year my lovely wife had become Queen of England again and here come those wonderful English doomstacks to once again destroy my enemies! So ok, I'm King of Ireland again, the wife is Queen of England, Scotland has been replaced and the Vassals have all been plicated. Just one problem: no heir to my King - they are all my wife's house. Sigh.

So, I did what any good 53yo King with no heirs of their house would do: I found a couple of nice young girls and proceeded to seduce them. One promptly produced a boy and ta-da, a legitimised bastard and very unhappy wife. House is saved! Then my wife died, I died, and the Dukes rebelled against my young heir again. Sigh.

Since then, I have been King and deposed another 3 times. The alliances are getting out of hand - like 15k v 18k stacks. My current King has had enough and is just stripping all the traitors of their titles and then annihilating the rebellions while I'm still allied with England (thanks, half-brothers, I knew that would work out). So they are extremely unpopular, my heir is already of age and we have grandchildren with some good attributes - so the future looks promised, I doubt anything else will go wrong...

I love this game.

• MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Yeah if someone rebels you should absolutely yank their top-level title and give it to someone loyal, ideally distant family. Counts can't lead rebellions against kings, only their direct liege.

uH3IcEi.png
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I'm just waiting for the DLC to dive back in.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    After I finish the tutorial, my first run will be a Black Viking who wants to spark the Norman Invasion 200 years early.

And I'm going to name him Martin of House Eulalia, because Redwall Forever, baby.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    After I finish the tutorial, my first run will be a Black Viking who wants to spark the Norman Invasion 200 years early.

And I'm going to name him Martin of House Eulalia, because Redwall Forever, baby.

my last run as vikings I formed an empire and then realized you can't do an invasion with an empire title so I never got to do it. I'm interested in getting the cheevo for taking over india as a viking

• Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »

If I were to do this I would have to go seduction focus and sleep with everything that moves. Just because in a realm full of blond whiter-than-white people its going to be painfully obvious who your progeny are when the black babies start popping up, and its going to be hilarious watching some of them insist that no really, this kid is definitely my legitimate heir. Also makes it pretty obvious if your wife decides to cheat on you.

• FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    In the year 1185, Malik al-Muazzam Sa'd 'the Avenger' of the Dhunnunid Empire led the muslim forces deep into Europe and avenged the battle of Tours. Allahu Akbar!

I've tried getting the Al-Andalus achievement a couple of times before, but something always went wrong. This time it went pretty smoothly. Twice my heir died, so when I died myself, my grandson inherited. That gave me some good, long reigns.
    When I took enough of Iberia to form the empire, I immediately become the target of a crusade for Castille with a 40k doomstack backing it. I couldn't really do something about that, so had to let them take Castille. Then it was a pretty uneventful time of taking back duchy after duchy and starting to work on getting Aquitane. France had fallen apart and there weren't any strong kingdoms blocking me.

Very happy to have gotten it done :)

One tip if you want to play in Iberia: Grab Cordoba. That county is a money-printing machine.

steam_sig.png
    Fiskebent wrote: »
    I've tried getting the Al-Andalus achievement a couple of times before, but something always went wrong. This time it went pretty smoothly. Twice my heir died, so when I died myself, my grandson inherited. That gave me some good, long reigns.

This is why, in CK2 at least, I prefer Ultimogeniture over Primogeniture. Yeah, sure, you sometimes risk getting a kid on the throne, but you tend to get some nice long reigns instead of a parade of old dudes keeling over after a decade or so.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Also you're less likely to inherit into someone who has already spent most of their life making bad marriages, collecting bad traits, and pissing off their vassals.

That's my job, thank you very much.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    It's so hard to get primogeniture in CK3. I've never had it in 200 hours of play time. Is there a trick to speeding up cultural advances? AFAIK, it's based on your learning skill and the average development of counties of the culture.

steam_sig.png
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Fiskebent wrote: »
    It's so hard to get primogeniture in CK3. I've never had it in 200 hours of play time. Is there a trick to speeding up cultural advances? AFAIK, it's based on your learning skill and the average development of counties of the culture.

You can pick a culture with little map presence, get a ton of learning, juice your capital to ridiculous development levels, and just zoom your way through cultural developments.

That way you hit the hard time limit on advancing eras.