As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

RIP [John McAfee], International Antivirus Man of Mystery

AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
edited June 2021 in Social Entropy++
One time antivirus mogul and international man of mystery John McAfee was found dead in a Spanish prison cell, after the Spanish courts authorized his extradition to the US on tax evasion charges:
Anti-virus software entrepreneur John McAfee has been found dead in a Barcelona prison cell, just hours after a Spanish court agreed to extradite him to the US to face tax evasion charges.

The Catalan Justice Department said prison medics tried to resuscitate him, but were not successful.

It said in a statement that "everything indicates" Mr McAfee took his own life.

A controversial figure, Mr McAfee's company released the first commercial anti-virus software.

It helped to spark a multi-billion dollar industry in the computer world.

In October 2020, he was arrested in Spain, and accused of failing to file tax returns for four years, despite earning millions from consulting work, speaking engagements, crypto-currencies and selling the rights to his life story.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
AngelHedgie on

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Can we ever be sure he is really dead? Or, like his Anti-Virus program, will he be eternally running in the background of life?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    rich entitled libertarian crazy people really lose their shit when they actually have to face consequences like a poor person I guess

BahamutZERO.gif
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Fuckin whales in heaven

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Shwacked

Coinage on
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    rich entitled libertarian crazy people really lose their shit when they actually have to face consequences like a poor person I guess

All his designer drugs he had been baking couldn't have helped either.

Anyway, good riddance. So, Belize keeps his island?

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Yeah, rip.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    Fuckin whales in heaven
    By far the worst B-Side from Dark Side of the Moon

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    He is not worth a whole-ass thread.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

This thread was half-assed. At best.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

's funny tho

liEt3nH.png
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    John McAfee turning up dead in a Spanish prison with a $hwackd tattoo on his arm he got two years before he killed himself as proof he didn't kill himself seems pretty fitting for John McAfee tbh

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Whatever one may think about McAfee, no one can say he didn't lead a... 'full' life.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    John McAffee, much like Rush Limbaugh, is dead as hell.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    lol

vEaRQgH.png
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Whatever one may think about McAfee, no one can say he didn't lead a... 'full' life.

that's not true

he never did get to fuck a whale, despite his best efforts

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    John McAffee, much like Rush Limbaugh, is dead as hell.

Remember that time he faked a heart attack to get out of a Guatemalan jail?

All I'm saying is maybe we wait a day or two before we make any proclamations about McAffee.

Rush is dead as hell though.

steam_sig.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    We don't know that he didn't, honestly.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    We all get swhacked eventually

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    I honestly hope I get cash money schwacked one day yeah

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »

that's not true

he never did get to fuck a whale, despite his best efforts

I can guarantee with near absolute certainty that a man of his means and wanton disregard for the law and morality has fucked a whale

• MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    People online are already trying to claim that McAfee got "Epsteined." I absolutely doubt it and I will defer to Robert Evans for the best worded explanation:

I know McAfee tweeted that he would never kill himself. He was also a profligate liar and attention addict. He saw how much attention Epstein's death generated. I have no trouble believing he committed suicide.

Epstein was connected to powerful people and knew their crimes.

McAfee was not nearly as connected. He was a fringe figure who almost exclusively hung out with lower level grifters who swam in his wake and fed off his backwash.

For anyone seeing folks around who might get sucked down a conspiracy hole over this wannabe whale rapist - remind them that McAfee absolutely wasn't important enough to be offed.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    He was also very probably a murderer and/or a rapist, so nobody should spend even an instant being sorry for him.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    "Sawm in his wake and fed off his backwash" is such a lovely slam on both Mcafee and people connected to him.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Feeding off of someone's backwash is not a pleasant image, I tell you hwat

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    He was also very probably a murderer and/or a rapist, so nobody should spend even an instant being sorry for him.

But those qualities would make him important enough to someone to be offed? I don't think there's good evidence to be so convinced either way at this point.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Our government didn't even care about that. They were only after him because he evaded taxes in the illegal way. Shoulda hired good accountants like all the other rich people to evade them legally.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

But those qualities would make him important enough to someone to be offed? I don't think there's good evidence to be so convinced either way at this point.

Being important enough to somebody that they want you dead and being important enough to somebody who can orchestrate your suicide while in prison on a different continent are wildly different things.

There are plenty of people in Belize who would break McAfee kneecaps, but they aren't the kind of people with access to Spanish prison cells.

I ate an engineer
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I'm seeing a lot of "failed whale fucker" thrown around regarding this dude, but if I'm reading his incoherent ramblings correctly, he claimed to fuck the whale to completion, implying either he or the whale climaxed? What is that, if not a successful whale fucking?

Oh brilliant
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I'm seeing a lot of "failed whale fucker" thrown around regarding this dude, but if I'm reading his incoherent ramblings correctly, he claimed to fuck the whale to completion, implying either he or the whale climaxed? What is that, if not a successful whale fucking?

Man Ive seen a Whale dork and if the whale climaxed Im legit impressed

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    He claimed he failed to fuck a whale and that he wasntt making it up because why would he lie about failing to fuck a whale?

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    other dudes in the griftosphere are already selling $WHACKED teeshirts

no I will not link them

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Keep in mind the context was not fucking a whale, it was sticking his dick in its blowhole. Aka the thing they need to breathe.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Wait
    1 aren’t blowholes kind of big
    2 wouldn’t blow hole muscles be really strong to keep a seal at ocean depths

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    The only disappointment I can feel is that he passed before he could make good on his promise to eat his own dick.

Wait
    1 aren’t blowholes kind of big
    2 wouldn’t blow hole muscles be really strong to keep a seal at ocean depths

John McAfee did not get to where he was by thinking about things logically.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that whales' blowholes have little or nothing to do with intercourse

unless of course the whale is into erotic asphyxiation

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I do not get the sense that McAfee was a man concerned with his sex partner's preferences or even orifice autonomy.

This discussion has been closed.