As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Since I'm still so new that I don't have a lot of units, I ended up tossing some tickets at a couple banners lately

About 150 tickets for both Nine and Fujin's full set, but then...

40 tickets got me Hope 35/EX/LD
    50 tickets got me Kadaj 35/EX/LD

All pretty solid for various reasons.

I picked up the full kit for Kadaj as well. I'm debating how to sphere him; his Stigma debuff can make a garbage sphere like Ultimecia's work, and I do have one spare. On the other hand, a solid +atk rf isn't a bad choice either.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I put tickets into the banner because Maddoc was bragging about his hot pulls and 40 tickets in got me Golbez BT and absolutely nothing else but I'll still take that.

It makes me feel slightly better after pulling 3 Garland BTs. ... After buying it with tokens because I'm an idiot and thought surely I wouldn't pull on any of those banners.

12/21 BT. Doing pretty alright.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Since I'm still so new that I don't have a lot of units, I ended up tossing some tickets at a couple banners lately

I picked up the full kit for Kadaj as well. I'm debating how to sphere him; his Stigma debuff can make a garbage sphere like Ultimecia's work, and I do have one spare. On the other hand, a solid +atk rf isn't a bad choice either.

I think the opinion espoused by the "Tonberry Troupe" that Ultimecia sphere is "garbage" is wildly off. A 30% def down is not nothing, it's actually pretty strong (I think someone did scenarios and def down tends to be worth about twice as much as ATK up in practice, eg +60% ATK in this case). Certainly most parties aren't doing to have a natural def down, and there's a ton of competition for call slots these days. You might say it'll get pushed off, but you're reapplying it pretty much every turn, so it'll jam itself back in there. I think it's pretty solid .

That said, I agree that Kadaj seems like a fine guy to put it on, if you're so inclined.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

I think the opinion espoused by the "Tonberry Troupe" that Ultimecia sphere is "garbage" is wildly off. A 30% def down is not nothing, it's actually pretty strong (I think someone did scenarios and def down tends to be worth about twice as much as ATK up in practice, eg +60% ATK in this case). Certainly most parties aren't doing to have a natural def down, and there's a ton of competition for call slots these days. You might say it'll get pushed off, but you're reapplying it pretty much every turn, so it'll jam itself back in there. I think it's pretty solid .

That said, I agree that Kadaj seems like a fine guy to put it on, if you're so inclined.

You're right that 30% def down is real good. Just awkward for some characters that already drop a lot of debuffs to begin with. That will be less awkward when they expand the number of debuffs you can put on a target.

The fact that Kadaj gold frames that debuff though, is a pretty neat trick. I gave it to him, no regerts.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It's also potentially nice because of the way generic debuffs work, I believe you could use Kadaj to gold frame and keep refreshing, say, Faris' -70% Def debuff

• Options
    Tifa buffs have arrived! Took her for a test drive without acquiring her LD yet, and she's already putting out Kuja LD numbers with just her skill one (Beat Rush). Which she has 10+ uses of. It's really silly.

She's significantly above even the most recent other DPS units, so if you've been feeling like you haven't been killing things quickly enough, you could do a lot worse than drop some pulls here.

If you were wondering, Bartz is sort of ok for right now, but very skippable. He's one of the first characters to get BT+ though, at which time he'll be much more powerful (as you'll have access to his fantastic burst effect, without having to actually use his burst). You could consider him a future investment.

• Options
    I did a couple of gem pulls and lucked out for her LD. Ridiculous as advertised. I was getting like 6-700k Beat Rushes without trying too hard.

The LD turns her brv and hp attacks to Full Throttle, which gives a free ability use, so you can cram even more Beat Rushes in, it's absolutely beautiful.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I haven't gotten any LDs in a while but Tifa's definitely looking like an investment. Also without the LD and I think 1 full summon tree she was taking like a third of the lvl 100 bosses' HP. Definitely worthwhile.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    So, after getting Butts BT off Galuf's free pull, I burned pretty much all my tickets getting his stuff and figured I'd have to wait until Tifa's rerun

Got Tifa's LD off her free pull, spent 10 tickets and got her EX

Then for lack of anything else to do I spent 30 tickets on Galuf and got his EX+LD

Game has been very generous to me lately

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I also got Tifa LD and good lord does she hit like a fucking truck. To the point where I just said "Fuck it" and am taking her through a bunch of old CHAOS content I'd let pile up and absolutely clowning on it with her. She even got me my first Lufenia win, which went right into her armor to make her even more ridiculous.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Yeah it's kind of ridiculous how she can just casually toss off half a million damage every turn

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Heck, after an LD, on her next turn using the special HP Attack (instant), using the free charge to refresh Battle Cry (whaddaya know, also instant), then Beat Rushing, that clocks in at over a million all told.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I decided to max out her armor. Even more ridiculous. The only thing I can do more is tack on some better spheres, which I'm legit considering (Right now I have Tifa Sphere, Raijin RF, and Lyse RF).

• Options
    I didn't go TOO crazy farming Hope RFs, but I saved one for her anyway

Right now I've got Shadow RF and Hope RF on her, need another A

• Options
    Livestream was today. Nothing too unexpected (new stuff in parenthesis):

June 30th - Act 3 Ch 3 Part 1, WoI Support Campaign for Divine Diabolos (Eald'narche BT, Noel LD)

July 5th - Summer Festival Part 2, Strago LC (Ashe LD)

July 9th - Act 3, Ch 3, Pt 2 (Iroha)

July 15th - Invaders from Distant Seas (Layle BT/LD)

July 19th - Kurasame LC (Seifer LD)

July 23rd - Dimensions' End Tier 3 and Support Campaign (Porom LD)

First multidraw free on all of that. Additional fest stuff as well.
    Also we are getting the 8 buff/debuff change, I believe that was confirmed.

Oh also also the Invaders from Distant Seas event was changed due to how much they hated it in JP.

They also mentioned the next Livestream should not be missed, which is usually code for global first incoming.

• Options
    Global first Rikku?

Please?

Please?

It's not going to be Rikku, is it.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    We'll probably get those dudes from Stranger in Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin before we ever get Rikku.

Or Nanaki

Or anyone else from Tactics

I joke but given both games are Koei Tecno/Team Ninja works, I'd say we have a non-zero chance of those characters making it to this game.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    I think they've been pretty clear on no new global first entire characters.

Could be new global first LDs though. Or global "way earlier in the timeline" LDs. Or who knows. Maybe even a global first BT, though that would be... Complicated. And I would expect it as part of an anniversary.

Fry on
  • Options
    Yeah, LD would be my guess as well. Which is fine, we've had some pretty good ones so far. There's about 20ish characters still in need of an LD in JP? Decent enough pool to work with.

• Options
    Give us global first Laguna LD, poor boy deserves some love

• Options
    Good luck on your pulls!

Eald's banner free draw dropped his BT!

Noel took about 60 tickets which isn't too bad either. Plus, a couple extra Noel EX and a Lyse EX for eventual spheres.

Good day!

• Options
    Nice! Got Eald'narche full set with around 66k crystals to spare

• Options
    Ha! I was right! It's another Global first character. It's....some guy from Final Fantasy XV!

Do they even know that they haven't implemented Rikku? Maybe they think they already did and we're the crazy ones.

• Options
    Hum, apparently I (and almost everyone else) have been misquoting SQEX Joshua for like a year. Cor!
    Global first Cor (XV) arriving in like 36 hours. Gets about a billion bonus attacks, seems pretty broken. Also offers some party support in the form of a party HP damage up and lots of battery.

• Options
    Blah, had to pity for Cor's LD. Everything else dropped in the free pull! Alas.

I've got a few extras of his EX, so yay to patk 15% spheres.

• Options
    After having to pity Porom LD and then also buy her EX with tokens, thankfully Cor banner was much kinder to me

• Options
    Cor Lufenia with Cor, Yang, and Terra.

About as LOL as you'd expect. Heck of a team right there.

• Options
    Cor really makes me want to get Noctis on his next rerun (It helps that the next banner he shows up on is fairly great, Shantotto/Noctis/Terra triple BT)

• Options
    So my strategy for Cor Lufenia was "Have Cor" (I did it with Garland, Cor, Tifa without calling friend unit at all, boss never got a turn)

• Options
    Really enjoy Lufenia stages where the orb triggers are open enough to give you a little variety

Cleared with Gladio Lufenia with CoD/Ashe/Porom, but there's a million different combinations I could have used I feel like

• Options
    Cor was brutal on my resources. CoD and Sabin weren't great either.

Queen was 30 tickets for full kit. OK yes thank you!

• Options
    80 tickets for Queen. Well, for everything but her 35 but I just bought that.

I really like Queen. She can fill a spot in the party pretty easily and has decent coverage. She isn't bleeding edge amazing but I'm having fun with her kit.

Or maybe Cor just makes everyone better by being there. Cuz man Cor is good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cor is extremely good and I find myself just plugging him into teams whenever I have room

Very funny to blow through all uses of his LD and Reapers Gale during CoD's BT aura

• Options
    Had an extremely leisurely clear of Queen's Lufenia, tons of time left over, almost no damage taken, and the bosses rarely even got a turn

Ran Cloud of Darkness, Porom, and Warrior of Light

• Options
    Anyone else hype for some Blitzball tonight?!

• Options
    It will be nice to see Tidus brought up to current game standards, yeah.

Finally managed to catch up since I've been lazy about stuff. Cor is ridiculous and I can only imagine how he will pair up with a speedster like Tidus.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Unsure how much I care about Tidus banner

After this banner, I think Setzer might be my only must have for me for a bit though

EDIT: lol nm I went all in and grabbed his full kit

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I'm just going to skip. He's too reliant on his BT and I know my luck won't go that far.

Setzer gets some tickets and pulls though. At this point I'm done with most of the 6 cast so I may as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    My ticket count was at 777. That has to be a sign, right? C'mon lucky 7s!

50 tickets to LD. I'll take it! (I burned the other 27 for good measure, a few more power stones at least).

Dunno about the BT, maybe luck will shine in the next couple of draws. I've got enough tokens to buy a couple but I'm waffling on which ones to pick up that I missed.

• Options
    I hit a point where I had his LD, but not his EX or BT

And the smart thing to do would have been to token the EX and grab the BT on the Setzer banner if need be

But I was not smart, I was impatient