As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Second Annual [Quarantimes] Thread

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    wearing a mask in cold and flu seasons is something I would consider doing

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I've gone to the store a couple times since the mask mandate ended in California and have been surprised to see nearly everyone still wearing them.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    I haven’t been sick for ages, it’s awesome

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Slept like a rock last night. Finally stopped feeling crappy about 32 hours after my shot. Eating dinner helped.

I really hope if we have to have annual boosters they aren't going to have that effect every time.

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    I made a joke to my sister that --with all the mask mandates lifting-- the market had crashed on boardgames, and now was my time to swoop in muahaha

But really it's just that I have ADHD, my interests go in cycles and I'm hot on tabletop again.

Pleased with my first game of Patchwork!
    85bs7kgm4098.jpg

lfchwLd.jpg
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Dad got home today! Turns out it was a combo of gout and newly discovered AFib; the gout may have been caused by some meds which are changed now, as well

He's honestly hobbling around at a much faster clip than I anticipated after how much pain he was in going in, and Ivy was very happy to see him home again

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    gout is the worst

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Good news they know what it was! I heard gout is fuckin painful, hopefully it heals up quick

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    British Columbia has just past 75% of folks over 12 with at least one dose. Now the 2nd dose schedule is gonna start speeding up.

And as a result our case numbers and hos

I'm glad I live in a place where most folks are excited to get it.

#pipe wrote: »
    British Columbia has just past 75% of folks over 12 with at least one dose. Now the 2nd dose schedule is gonna start speeding up.

And as a result our case numbers and hos

I'm glad I live in a place where most folks are excited to get it.

Ontario is also picking up with 76 and 29 percent as of today, so we're moving to Stage 2 early on June 30 (instead of July 2)

I've been hesitant to post much about it because I know some folks are in spaces with less access to shots, but it is honestly wild how quickly things tipped from "still apocalyptic numbers and dire warnings about the health care system" to "I guess....my family can safely go buy non-necessities now??" (They all have 2 doses, I should be able to rebook mine Monday)

Most folks here are still somewhat shell-shocked by the third wave and the anxiety of whether or not it's safe to leave the house but I think things'll flip pretty quickly into a wild bacchanal shortly

Steam
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    I think you might be surprised by how much that doesn't happen. My state (MD) is doing very well and my county in that state (Montgomery) is doing extremely well and people are still overwhelmingly wearing masks and being careful here. I don't know what it'll take to flip that switch but it hasn't happened yet!
    Extremely well being .5 cases per 100k residents in the last 7 days, .4% 14 day average test positivity, 1.1% of hospital beds are being used by patients with COVID, 60% of residents fully vaccinated (not percentage eligible but everyone). Pretty good numbers, not good enough for people to be comfortable yet!

Peen on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    People mostly wear masks indoors around here but damn near nobody wears masks outside anymore

And of course we have bars and restaurants open to full capacity at this point, and nobody wears a mask once they're seated so when I say wear masks indoors I'm only talking about a limited subset of indoors

edited June 2021
    I mean, adherence is pretty high here to public health measures and we're projected to get to upwards of 85-88 percent vaccination; so masks will likely be the last thing to go, but when they do I don't doubt the party energy is going to be pretty elevated

There's a fever pitch in my conversations with folks about stuff as simple as booking hair and nail appointments so I'm pretty confident once the government says things are chill by August/September that shit is gonna be buck wild

(For reference, patios only reopened a few weeks ago, hair salons and spas have been closed since March as have restaurant interiors, and you couldn't even buy non-essential goods in person until June)

Cello on
    Steam
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My gran has been in hospital for a few days for some unspecified reason. Unspecified because she has late stage cancer and it's not clear which precise terrible part of that is the reason she needs to be in for treatment right now.

Anyway, someone stole her phone. My aunt used Find My Friends and found it in a different city.

She's in a room on her own, and visitors are being greatly restricted because of covid. Which kind of suggests the person who stole it is an employee of the hospital.

Humans are awful! No moral!

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    We just went from, "God DAMN do we need some rain, any rain at all please god," to "Okay you really need to ease off on this rain," in actual ten minutes here.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also my insane neighbor who mows his lawn every day and has the loudest most pointless year tools, is out there hosing down his back porch in a torrential downpour.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Also my insane neighbor who mows his lawn every day and has the loudest most pointless year tools, is out there hosing down his back porch in a torrential downpour.

Yell at him and tell him to stop wasting all the water.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Yell at him and tell him to stop wasting all the water.

What, you want him to let that dirty sky water muck up his porch? Please

Ranlin on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Birds pee in that sky water.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Birds don't really pee like we do. I mean they kind of do, but they mix it with their feces to create a slurry and excrete that through their cloaca.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    You want the cloaca thread for that kind of talk, 3clipse.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Every thread is the bad food thread.

Ergo, every thread is the cloaca thread.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    Birds don't really pee like we do. I mean they kind of do, but they mix it with their feces to create a slurry and excrete that through their cloaca.

I’m not hearing any arguments that the peepee sky water is any cleaner here …

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    We just went from, "God DAMN do we need some rain, any rain at all please god," to "Okay you really need to ease off on this rain," in actual ten minutes here.

hey same

the tampa bay area just got absolutely inundated

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Is he a tweaker?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    So today the meadery friend and I went to pick up a keg from a local winery and while I was there I got a bunch of free wine samples and holy shit his white muscadine wine was incredible.

It's all berry and fruit wines, locally grown fruits and honey etc etc. I'm gonna try and find some bottles next time I'm off.

Also I got free wine.

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Ended up getting my first Tarantula since childhood and oh yeah these are kinda cool! Maybe I'll get some more. But I'll go online, look up some habitat options, maybe check some reviews on YouTube. Then there's just videos like

SCORPION AND TARANTULA IN A CAGE WHO IS GONNA WIN

absolute fucking sociopaths man.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    someone never watched monster bug wars

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Living at a new place three times at least the size of my old place.

New place who dis.

Docshifty wrote: »
    Ended up getting my first Tarantula since childhood and oh yeah these are kinda cool! Maybe I'll get some more. But I'll go online, look up some habitat options, maybe check some reviews on YouTube. Then there's just videos like

What species?

Docshifty wrote: »

What species?

I think it is a Mexican red leg. Pet stores aren't the greatest with properly labeling anything that isn't fish. The legs just have the one stripe of red segment each. They're only about 1 1/4" in legspan right now. Lil butt is bald cause they kicked off their hairs at something (thankfully not me).

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I slept like a brick last night but had nothing but bad dreams

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/24/pandemic-brain-covid-coronavirus-fog-concentrate

Pandemic brain is real, and you can heal from it.

I am thinking this explains some problems I have lately.

DouglasDanger on
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Woo got my second shot

*Air horn noises*

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    I wonder if they'll ever let me get a second shot.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Wait, seriously? What's the holdup? They've been trying to give second shots away in Oklahoma since April.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    edited June 2021
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Wait, seriously? What's the holdup? They've been trying to give second shots away in Oklahoma since April.

J&J. Like I’m not supposed to need one but all the new research on variants I’ve been seeing just ignores it and focuses on the big two, which does not fill me with a lot of confidence.

Librarian's ghost on

J&J. Like I’m not supposed to need one but all the new research on variants I’ve been seeing just ignores it and focuses on the big two, which does not fill me with a lot of confidence.

Here's an article on boosters:

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-johnsonjohnson-booste/booster-may-be-needed-for-jj-shot-as-delta-variant-spreads-some-experts-already-taking-them-idUSL2N2O70VO

Canada hasn't really used our allocation afaik since the ones we received were from the one plant that extremely fucked up their batches, but we are mixing AZ and mRNA vaccines to greater efficiency than AZ two dose regimes, so I won't be shocked if mixing J&J with mRNA also ends up being a thing

Steam
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular

Can you just, walk in and get an mRNA shot? Medical records aren't universal files.

Whelp. Was talking to my wife about wanting a deeper enclosure for the spoder. So she suggests we check out petsmart. Couldn't find one I liked.

Did leave with a Costa Rican zebra tarantula though. I may have fallen back into the hobby.

This discussion has been closed.