As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NFL] Shouldn’t Play Games but they will so we are going to talk about it.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I still can’t get this out of my head

You know what every other QB practices instead of that? Their playbook, so they know their outlet.

Or throw it away, or scramble, or take the sack instead of try to out-Heracles dudes who look like this:
    wl4aalc04pxw.jpeg
    ei16nbnnq161.jpeg

It works when they are also freaks of nature , Vick , Jackson etc but boy when the first knee injury happens they lose a lot . Why do you think Brady just takes the sack and lays down , nfl lineman are 300-400 pound gigantic monstrosities of genetics barreling down on you at Mach 1 .

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Maybe more QB's should do what Roethlisberger does, and gain 300 pounds too!

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    His turnover issues aren't limited to pressure either. Getting fooled by disguised coverage or just flat out bad reads are problems he faces as well.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Throwback helmets are back baby! You will kneel before the combined power of bucco Bruce and creamsicle Brady !

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The Mannings were the kings of “laying down” for a sack.

They also both had long, mostly injury free careers.

Not a coincidence.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Eli Manning, his number will be retired by the Giants this season, which is neat.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

Not a coincidence.

I know you know this, but in Peyton's case it's definitely important to emphasize mostly

Of course the fact that he went down with a fairly severe neck injury and managed to come back and maintain the career that he did is basically unheard of

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Not a coincidence.

I know you know this, but in Peyton's case it's definitely important to emphasize mostly

Of course the fact that he went down with a fairly severe neck injury and managed to come back and maintain the career that he did is basically unheard of

Yeah. The neck injury is specifically why I said, “mostly”

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    it's also worth noting the many minor injuries to Eli's pride over the years

(which he obviously similarly overcame)

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Speaking of Eli Manning, his number will be retired by the Giants this season, which is neat.

Is the Manning face getting it's own picture and jersey?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »

Is the Manning face getting it's own picture and jersey?

Manning face should definitely be on his bust in the HOF

• Options

Not a coincidence.

Before that though he was second in the league and maybe even all time in consecutive games played behind I believe Brett Favre. Favre also is credited for developing a technique with his feet to protect himself from injury that involved a little hop right as he was releasing. The idea is you're most vulnerable to hits when you're throwing and you'll protect your legs and ankles by not being planted. Rodgers does this too and he learned it from Favre.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited June 2021

Not a coincidence.

Well he used a lot of HGH to accomplish this, which I don’t have an issue with, just pointing it out

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Peyton was also absolute dogshit in his last season

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Man Brady’s filter has just come off on Tampa and he continues to evolve into Florida man tom .

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Florida is Brady’s natural habitat.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Brady was always a conservative piece of shit, he's just in a state where that's more welcomed now.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

Not a coincidence.

The only reason why Peyton got a fucked up neck was because his entire career his throwing motion was giving him minor whiplash every single pass.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

XFL players to get about 4 percent of their claims after bankruptcy plan administrator decision. My story
    Last week, the administrator Peter Hurwitz wrote the court, he is “prepared to calculate the rejection damages in the amount of $7,280 ($1,040 weekly salary multiplied by seven weeks remaining under the Player Contract).”

However the players will not get $7,280, that is just what Hurwitz determined is a legitimate claim. Farrow estimated players would get eight to 12 percent of that.

Some are set to get under $600 and it won't be received until year's end at the earliest

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Wait did the xfl burn down? Again?

I mean, I'm not surprised, I just can't remember hearing anything about it beyond "We're gonna start up the XFL again!" And then a cacophony of laughter drowned out the stars.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »

I mean, I'm not surprised, I just can't remember hearing anything about it beyond "We're gonna start up the XFL again!" And then a cacophony of laughter drowned out the stars.

COVID hit pretty much right after it started. I think teams played 5 games before shutting it down. I think they're starting it again.

• Options
    Yeah it's restarting, The Rock bought it.

• Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Yeah it's restarting, The Rock bought it.

Feels like he's just playing out a plot line from Ballers. Hope he didn't pay much, seems like a good dude.

I would download a car.
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Docshifty wrote: »

COVID hit pretty much right after it started. I think teams played 5 games before shutting it down. I think they're starting it again.

It was already fucked even before COVID. Viewership had dropped like 85% between Week 1 and 3, and that was with the expectation of being stuck inside ramping up. If you can't get people to tune into football when they literally can't leave the house, you've got no hope as a league.

• Options
    Is this about them forcing their cheerleaders into sex work or was that ignored and an investigation was for something else?

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I think it was that plus a bunch of other allegations around the organization. I only hope that $10 million is going to the folks involved and the NFL isn't just absorbing it.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Supposedly the fine is going to charity, not sure which one though.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Snyder has been fucking nothing but smug, since he , In quintessential Danny Boy fashion, sued the other WFT owners and returned to being the sole majority owner of the WFT. Add to that, he hires his own wife to claim the , "See, I'm very progressive with the womenz too!!" card, and now he gets to even be more of a petulant asshole, that makes the likes of Jerry Jones likeable in comparison.

Ugh, fuck Snyder.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    nsb2o5d4za3t.jpeg

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    A+ tweet I never heard of him before but now I’m a fan

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    Supposedly the fine is going to charity, not sure which one though.

I know player fines go into a health fund for veteran players but I'm not sure about team fines.

• Options
    So the cowboys are the hard knocks team because of course they are.

• Options
    en3ugukbe9wb.jpeg

• Options
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    What the hell is it with legion of boom players and getting arrested ?

On a happier note , all the articles praising mike evans and lavante David warm my heart . Devin white is getting a lot of hype too , I just hope he can maintain his awesome coverage from the playoffs, he has a tendency to get burned before we went on our championship run .

• Options
    Police and Sherman's family really bending over backwards emphasizing there was no violence to anyone, just the technicality of the charge.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    What the hell is it with legion of boom players and getting arrested ?

On a happier note , all the articles praising mike evans and lavante David warm my heart . Devin white is getting a lot of hype too , I just hope he can maintain his awesome coverage from the playoffs, he has a tendency to get burned before we went on our championship run .

Cam Chancellor's wasn't on him, that was strictly racial.

But for the rest of the Boom. Eh, play stupid games, etc.

Ticaldfjam on
This discussion has been closed.