As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Lego] Thread

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    I had a dream last night that Lego released a cake set.
    Like it was just a big decorated cake with a slice out of it.

Now I kind of want Lego to do a big line of food oriented sets. Lego sushi, lego hotdog, lego cake.

Well they do have cupcakes right now.
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/creative-party-kit-41926

To be honest, I get tempted to buy them every time I go in and see them in person.

Edit:

Lego is having a double VIP points day today on some sets. Great time to pick up the Creator Pirate's Ship. The set is great for both the build and parts, plus you'll get the gift with purchase as well!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/lego-offers-promotions/double-vip-points-promotion?icmp=HP-SHSB-Standard-VIP_Sidekick_VIP_Double_points_HP-TH-VIP-W7SBGMBUBM

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    The new Lego Ideas set going into production is....

d5OL7eQ.jpg
    The Lego Lighthouse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fliPz_bbXY

uWFe4Yd.jpg
    that also means these other sets did not make it - but there's always next time!

Will it come with a Richard Pattinson minifig?

Based on the scale, it'd have to be a microfig.

So it'd have about the same emotional range.

(that's just an errant cheap shot for a chuckle, I hold nothing against Pattinson)

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh man.

The official Mario 2021 sets have been announced, and I'm in love.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-super-mario-summer-2021-sets-officially-announced/

A boss Sumo Bro tower that you have to topple!

Lakitu Sky World without any Spinys in sight, but it does have a Bullet Bill and a fuzzy from the 1st blind bag series!

A fucking REZNOR boss fight! (Sadly only 2 Reznors)

The Aforementioned Airship!

Luigi!

Frog and Bee Mario suits!

And another wild collection of blind bags, including Torpedo Ted and a Dry Buzzy Beetle

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »
    Oh man.

The official Mario 2021 sets have been announced, and I'm in love.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-super-mario-summer-2021-sets-officially-announced/

A boss Sumo Bro tower that you have to topple!

Lakitu Sky World without any Spinys in sight, but it does have a Bullet Bill and a fuzzy from the 1st blind bag series!

A fucking REZNOR boss fight! (Sadly only 2 Reznors)

The Aforementioned Airship!

Luigi!

Frog and Bee Mario suits!

And another wild collection of blind bags, including Torpedo Ted and a Dry Buzzy Beetle

Plus the Airship is up for pre-order right now!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/bowser-s-airship-expansion-set-71391

It also qualifies for the free set.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I need a Captain Toad. I mean my son has a lot of the Mario stuff, I don't need to play the game, I just want Captain Toad for my desk.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    Noticed that the Ship in a Bottle sold out yesterday and is back up again for the final hours of Prime Day. For those of you who missed out and wanted it for $48.99.

https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Bottle-Building-Collectible-Display/dp/B078VVLQ6J/

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The typewriter has still not shipped. This is strange from Lego.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Noticed that the Ship in a Bottle sold out yesterday and is back up again for the final hours of Prime Day. For those of you who missed out and wanted it for $48.99.

https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Bottle-Building-Collectible-Display/dp/B078VVLQ6J/

Thank you for the reminder, just snagged one.

I am in the business of saving lives.
    The typewriter has still not shipped. This is strange from Lego.

My roses haven't shipped either.

• Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    So now that the Daily Bugle exists (and is GREAT), they're going to get started on a Ducktales/Duckburg with Scrooge's money bin, like....really soon, right?

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    So the first eight crowdfunding options from the Bricklink-Ideas partnership are up:

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/introducing.page

Orders go live on July 1st.

The fishing boat is cool, and will probably do well just because the lighthouse is coming out. I imaging a lot of people will be excited to have a real modern castle build. I hope the program is successful enough to continue moving forward.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Lou29 wrote: »
    So now that the Daily Bugle exists (and is GREAT), they're going to get started on a Ducktales/Duckburg with Scrooge's money bin, like....really soon, right?

15,000 piece build

(Mainly gold studs)

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    What if they bring back the old late 80's pirate coins just to fill the money bin with them.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Pursuit of Flight is super cute. I was worried they were gonna do all the sets on that page, but thankfully it's only the first few.

I do wonder about the build quality of these. Will reviewers be able to test these before they go out? I think my partner will want the modular city sets, but she's concerned about the sturdiness and joy of building them after burning herself on knock-off Lego.

edited June 2021
    Aldo wrote: »
    Pursuit of Flight is super cute. I was worried they were gonna do all the sets on that page, but thankfully it's only the first few.

I do wonder about the build quality of these. Will reviewers be able to test these before they go out? I think my partner will want the modular city sets, but she's concerned about the sturdiness and joy of building them after burning herself on knock-off Lego.

They're eventually going to do all of them on that page, this is just the first batch. (Edit: I'm wrong, only the 5 out of 8 for this group.)

I wouldn't worry about the sturdiness and joy since these are real Lego parts and basically from Lego themselves. Lego had them go through testing to make sure that they are stable. Although we have no idea, but I would assume that they are built to the same standards as Lego sets.

Edit:
    rndmhero wrote: »
    So the first eight crowdfunding options from the Bricklink-Ideas partnership are up:

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/introducing.page

Orders go live on July 1st.

The fishing boat is cool, and will probably do well just because the lighthouse is coming out. I imaging a lot of people will be excited to have a real modern castle build. I hope the program is successful enough to continue moving forward.

I want to add this information that someone pointed out on another forum:
    First round crowdfunding officially opens on July 1st at 3:00pm ‘UTC / 5:00pm CET / 8:00am PST.
    The first five projects to reach the goal of 3,000 pre-orders will be produced as a limited edition set.
    Up to 5,000 of each will be produced based on pre-orders received from registered BrickLink members.

So yeah, if you want one of these you should pre-order them as soon as you can since only the first five out of the eight that reaches 3,000 will be made and probably don't want to wait till August 10th (the phase ends on August 11) to buy one.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular

15,000 piece build

(Mainly gold studs)

Does the bonsai tree do the brick count that way? I think there are something like 200 studs used for the sand/pebbles.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    wonderpug wrote: »

15,000 piece build

(Mainly gold studs)

Does the bonsai tree do the brick count that way? I think there are something like 200 studs used for the sand/pebbles.

Yup. So did the Ship in the Bottle with the double handful of blue tiles.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I just realized the San Francisco architecture set has the Salesforce tower in it.
    I work for Salesforce so I kind of want it...but I also don't want to be a corporate shill.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I just realized the San Francisco architecture set has the Salesforce tower in it.
    I work for Salesforce so I kind of want it...but I also don't want to be a corporate shill.
    Buy and build the set - but then be a punk-rebel by defacing the tower (by like... putting one red plate on it something).

Or - gasp! - build the tower upside down, as commentary.

Point it out to the boss and see if they'll buy it for you and all your coworkers to have as desktop decorations.
    Then steal them all.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Buy and build the set - but then be a punk-rebel by defacing the tower (by like... putting one red plate on it something).

Suddenly I really want a massive, detailed lego Dracula's Castle from Symphony of the Night.

Well. Two of them.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Suddenly I really want a massive, detailed lego Dracula's Castle from Symphony of the Night.

hW2huCW.jpg

stranger things have happened

I have that set. It is very good.

That particle accelerator looks great and needs a minifig in the little part that goes in a circle to stimulate hurling a human being into a man made black hole or whatever it does

Reminder, Lego Con is going to be up in roughly 1.5 hours.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    That particle accelerator looks great and needs a minifig in the little part that goes in a circle to stimulate hurling a human being into a man made black hole or whatever it does

Look up 'Anatoli Bugorski' to see what really happens if you contact the beam. It's not nearly as fun as it sounds.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

LEGO Masters Co-pack 66666 Creative Building Toy Value Set (613 Pieces) is $25 at Walmart https://bit.ly/3x39bnF #ad

Real good price for a whole bunch of generic lego

• RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Well. Two of them.

Not sure how Lego would even be able to tackle an upside down castle but Stranger Things have happened, yes.

Raiju on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

LEGO Masters Co-pack 66666 Creative Building Toy Value Set (613 Pieces) is $25 at Walmart https://bit.ly/3x39bnF #ad

Pack 66666, super evil pack! I want it

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    I gotta say, I sort of cynically love the show whose theme is "You can do ANYTHING with Lego, and things you create with your own imagination are way cooler than boxed theme sets!" being turned into a boxed theme set.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    One of the things I felt Creationary the game needed was more pieces
    though I have not played the game in years I still was on the lookout for a generic set that I felt would fit

Me reading news about new solar panels on the ISS: Shit. Now I need to figure out how to modify my Lego ISS.

• RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Me reading news about new solar panels on the ISS: Shit. Now I need to figure out how to modify my Lego ISS.

What news about the ISS?

Neat thanks for heads up! That's a great price to parts ratio and I just placed a purchase order along with an R.E.D. Megatron figure (to get free shipping) that I've been eyeing for a while (was on sale too and now I can display him next to Soundwave and Optimus Prime on my desk at work).

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

Hadron collider? I hardly know her.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2021/06/26/3-new-lego-star-wars-sets-from-the-mandalorian-for-summer-2021-unveiled-news/#more-326375

New Lego sets coming this summer from The Mandalorian:
    Imperial mini-van
    Slave I - Labeled "Boba Fett's Starship" so, if you heard some wailing and gnashing of teeth from the fandom recently, that could be part of it.
    Imperial Light Cruiser

see317 wrote: »
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2021/06/26/3-new-lego-star-wars-sets-from-the-mandalorian-for-summer-2021-unveiled-news/#more-326375

New Lego sets coming this summer from The Mandalorian:
    Imperial mini-van
    Slave I - Labeled "Boba Fett's Starship" so, if you heard some wailing and gnashing of teeth from the fandom recently, that could be part of it.
    Imperial Light Cruiser

Hahaha, I love that! Although the Imperials would say that it is more of a "crossover" than minivan.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Snowflakes screaming about The Slave 1 are just looking for a reason to be upset. It’s a toy marketed primarily at children, no shit they aren’t going to call it The Slave 1! It also looks really cool so I’m definitely getting one.

"I see everything twice!"

Snowflakes screaming about The Slave 1 are just looking for a reason to be upset. It’s a toy marketed primarily at children, no shit they aren’t going to call it The Slave 1! It also looks really cool so I’m definitely getting one.

I'm glad that people who missed out on the previous Anniversary Slave 1 will have the chance to have one to build. Plus it comes with a nifty cart/stand, handle to swoosh around with, and fits with the newer X-Wing and Tie Fighter.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    is it august yet because i definitely want to snag one if i can
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/boba-fett-s-starship-75312

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

Next up, the Mandalorian Indentured Servant 1!

This discussion has been closed.