As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Is the thing they're going to exploit in the new edition the All Out Attack, and/or All Out Defense command abilities?

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    Is the thing they're going to exploit in the new edition the All Out Attack, and/or All Out Defense command abilities?

And the unleash hell to make it next to impossible to charge them.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Yeah shooting armies(ko, lumineth, tzeentch) are going to be even more nightmarish to deal with

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Tzeentch shooting got hit very hard with points increases and horror splitting doesn't work very well right now without a FAQ so they're in an odd place.

The other two definitely though.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Matrias wrote: »
    I liked it but dear god it needs some stability patches.

Nurgle is worthwhile for the incredibly overdone voice acting.

also fuck "Let Fly my Vengeance"

Sorry about the stability. We just dropped a first patch that addresses that the lion share of the issues. Going to keep at it - have more patches planned, with an eye for usability/UI next up. It's Gasket Games first game and we definitely want to support it and grow it.

Re: voice acting - I did all the casting and character background for the game as well as assisted in voice direction (and brought on Robbie Macniven of Black Library fame to write). Lots of fun and talented actors to worth with. The guy who played Ichorian l, Felix Hayes, is the bomb.
    The voice acting is amazing in this game! Ichorian and Bronkestus are amazing, but nobody tops the narrator from the Mad Visions lorebooks. The disgust that drops from him when mentioning the forces of order is so big, it’s bigger than the average ooze that drips out of a Great Unclean One. You can really feel his blood boiling when he has to speak more than 2 sentences about those “filthy, lying, greedy duardin”, but you can also hear him almost climax when he is talking about his Chaos Gods.

I do wish that there is a dedicated lore tab in the games main menu where I could read all the lore collected over the 3 campaigns in one place (and ordered by the numbers of the cards).

The thing that upsets me the most in this game is when enemies run over lore and chest hexes, preventing me from picking them up. And the amount of times when I cause enemies to run away of fear and over those hexes, well, I’ve lost count. :rotate:

I do have to wait for the next patch if I want to play a Nurgle corruption strategy (on the PS4) because my Nurglings don’t seem to be able to drop a seed of corruption onto already placed seeds (the selection cursor just pops over it), but hey, that’s what happens when a game gets made over several platforms. I was a programmer myself, so I can understand how something like that slips through the cracks.

I also met my first opponent with Tireless on his hero in Automatch, and was wondering why suddenly he could almost one-shot my hero with two attacks from his hero in the same turn. The mainhand of a Divine Steel sword + a regular charge = a lot of damage.

The rogue aspect makes it pretty interesting in the campaign; I seem to score loads of +1 Summons, -1 Summon costs and +1 movement when damaged cards for my Nurgles, which makes Bronkestus zip of the map, and every Nurgling has 5 summons (and I love their “tiny bites that ignore armour”).

I really really like this game, I hope it does well enough so that other factions may be added, and it definitely has earned GW some money, because I had nothing from the WH fantasy setting, and I bought the 3 battletomes of the 3 factions in this game, and I now may or may not have 15+ battle tomes/campaign books (like Broken Realms and those hard to find Realmgate Wars game books), together with 10+ Warhammer Underworlds warbands.

Yeah, I let myself go a bit after reading the lore in the Storm Ground game :redface:

So @Matrias , give a big congratulations to your collegues and yourself for an excellent game!

EDIT: A new patch just dropped. Yay! :biggrin:

Corporal Carl on
    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Good call on the Underworlds warbands, they're pretty good at capturing the feel of a faction over a handful of models. The Underworlds game is good fun too!

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Good call on the Underworlds warbands, they're pretty good at capturing the feel of a faction over a handful of models. The Underworlds game is good fun too!
    Yeah, as soon as covid has blown over, I’m going to introduce it to some friends.

And the fact that you can assemble the minis without glue warms my gunpla-heart. And you don’t have to paint them (that’s the main reason why I went to the gunpla side of modelkits; no glue, no paint).

But man, they are so detailed, and I broke into a cold sweat when trying to get Morgwaeth from the runner/sprue. I have no idea how to clean up the nubs because that spear looks and feels so fragile…

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, personally I tend to end up trimming and glueing the easy-build kits anyway cos some of them are pretty fiddly to get good joins with. Be careful around the lower half of Morgwaeth's spear too, it's just as fragile as the pointy end if you put too much pressure on it, I had to reattach mine.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I really need to find a better way to keep the warbands together with the cards than in the boxes they came with
    As what I want to get is something like plano/fishing lure container but able to hold the deck with the warband

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    So they put up a Facebook post for a preview this Saturday of "the future of Age of Sigmar".

With this image:

b4ixsxwwxsqh.png

Any ideas? Looks like something Death related.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Could be new destruction stuff or could be new OBR

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Looks like more hobgoblins or whatever they're called now.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Looks Kruleboy-ish.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Yeah, the spikes and other stuff look way too rough for death. Definitely destruction.

I think the figure actually looks too lanky for a hobgob. Might be a kruel boy.

honovere on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Parts of it look like Bone Bros, the head thing in particular, but the lower part has too much random spiky bitz for their style.

The staff thing is a mancatcher and the arm has a shackle, not to mention the cage. Leaning some swamp orruk thing.

• Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    My local B&N had Underworlds: Dreadfane on sale for $25, and I collect Stormcast and the wife does Nighthaunts, so kind of a no-brainer seeing as that's less than the minis by themselves.

R-dem on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    so this feels like a rorshach test, but I'm getting hella settra vibes from that

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ultra long shot: hat looks like a high elf.

• Options
    I would bet good money on that being a Kruleboyz kit, probably some kind of hero monster centerpiece given this editions focus on monsters. I don't think this preview is going to show anything beyond the upcoming Stormcast and Warclans tomes, with peeks at some of the kits coming with those, and potentially a tiny glimpse at the next few battletomes after that, pretty sure that's all they did with the equivalent 40k celebration preview last year.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Its skaven

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Yeah I'd forgotten they'd mentioned that there was more Kruelboy stuff to come.

The new White Dwarf has a pretty cool story about the siege of a Freeguild city, Excelsis (I think).

• Options
    PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Radukar's Lieutenants can now be taken as individual units - wasn't expecting that so soon!

EDIT:

Q: There are no restrictions on the The Newly Dead ability allowing a unit of Deadwalker Zombies to go over their starting size. Is this intentional?

A: Yes.

Perdurabo on
  • Options
    Isn't there a core rule restriction which prevents units going over their starting size anyway? Though I guess battletome would trump core rules...

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Yaaaay Nighthaunt endless spells got updated!

Also Bladegeists can issue orders to themselves even without a unit leader, and the Blackcoach is a Totem now. I wonder what that affects besides its range for giving command orders.

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    I m thinking it looks Skavenish, but something tells me its new Kruelboyz kit caster of some sort.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Okay for Rally and Pinks:

I start with 10 Pink Horrors.

They are slain producing 20 Blue Horrors.

They are slain producing 20 brimstone horrors.

18 of them are murdered to reduce the unit to 2 models.

I use rally. How many dice am I rolling? Only 8 (for the missing models up to the max) or am I rolling 48 dice? That's 10 pinks + 20 blues + 18 brimstone horrors. Am I returning pink horrors to the unit?

I was hoping the FAQ would clarify this, but now those models are the single biggest rules mess I've seen in Warhammer in a while.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I was reading the Skaven FAQ and saw something for Thanqual and Boneripper. From what I saw on the Facebook page nothing changed but I'm kind of confused by this clarification.

The way the rule reads on the warscroll to me is that if I have 4 warpfire projectors and 5 models are in range I roll just 4 dice per model for the projectors.

It looks like with the FAQ people thought they would roll 16 dice per model because they thought each individual projector got an attack with the example of 4 projectors.

Am I understanding this right?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Draeven wrote: »
    I m thinking it looks Skavenish, but something tells me its new Kruelboyz kit caster of some sort.

The spikey bits look extremely Kruleboyz-ish, as well as the tall pole on the helmet and the raggity "sleeves" that match the others' shawls.

I think it's a beast tamer. The dude has a man catcher (barely visible under "...online!"); mount looks like its head on the left and tail on the right. Cross beam behind rider with a couple cages hung beside the beast's haunches. There was a rumour about a crocodile-like mount, but those cages seem too low hung if the beast has splayed legs. Maybe it will be like one of those long-legged ancient crocodylomorphs?
    extra_large-1464360350-98-galloping-crocodiles-ate-dinosaurs-in-north-africa.jpg

//

Edit: Another preview image, this one definitely also Kruleboyz. Seems to be a grot and a drummer orruk on some sort of howdah.

ek15ghk9et871.jpg

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    What is the status of non-faction terrain warscrolls in Pitched Battles? They aren’t in any of the publications listed on pg 46 of the GHB so are they no longer legal?

Like is the Scenery Warscrolls Compendium that is linked on a lot of the shop pages for terrain no longer a thing? Or how about the Dominion of Sigmar stuff?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    New boss looks BA,and the howdah thing looks very very cool.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    There's a box-out on page 264 of the core rules which says there's a list of scenery rules available at warhammer.com so I guess they're still on the website somewhere?

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    It was Kruleboy-ish!

redkNe6GlveVRTIS.jpg

Damn that beast looks great. Look at all the details on its neck-gear. The other big swamp beastie is really cool too. I love all the manacles and chains.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    I am digging the design style of the new Orruks, just looking lean and mean and these new beats and boss are looking sexy. Will be interesting to see if they make non ridden Sloggoth unit.

• Options
    So a sloggoth is a swamp troggoth, right? It looks very mean, but also like other troggoth would probably a bit ashamed to be related to it.

• Options
    Draeven wrote: »
    I am digging the design style of the new Orruks, just looking lean and mean and these new beats and boss are looking sexy. Will be interesting to see if they make non ridden Sloggoth unit.

Yeah, they threw me off at first (and a lot of folks really) because they're so lean and wiry and, this being the big one, so upright. They aren't hunched over like Ironjawz.

But once you get past how they look so different from the orruks you're used to, they've got a really awesome primitive aesthetic and their figures are loaded with character.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I’m getting hella “what if Mad Max but in a high fantasy setting” vibes here.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    I still don't really like the look of the new orruks at all, though I'm glad plenty of people do seem to dig them, but this guy is an absolute slam dunk of a model:

f3ntlxja1xwh.jpg

I've no interest in starting up stormcast, but I might grab him just to paint.

• Options
    I like that there are quite a few stormcasts coming out that are really just walking like some real badasses. No flashy poses or magicky gimmick, dust walking all purposeful. Also all the new bare heads, the women generally even more than the men look really good. With that and the sororitas GW is really bonna streak with sculpting faces, I think.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Post Harry Potter has not been kind to Dobby :(

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
This discussion has been closed.