As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Adventures in Lordran - or tales of brave Sir Onion

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    you just have to yell at it to let it know who's boss, then it'll give up

BahamutZERO.gif
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    decided to try Dark Souls Remastered on the edge of beating DS3. Took 10 minutes to get the Zweihander. I can only manage it two handed at the moment, but i'm squishing zombies in one hit and it just feels like home.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    Forgot about the ladder with the Taurus demon and instead flattened him from the ground. Eat shiiiiit

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Some Capra Demon info and small tips:
    • With a knight shield (100% physical reduction), you can block all attacks from the dogs and Capra Demon without taking any damage, except for one where it winds up lifting both arms and leapt at you, that attack is unblockable and requires dodging
    • The dogs will flinch for a bit after a block, which leaves them venerable for a quick counter attack. I recommend bringing along something like the basic long sword for the fight, the R2 stabbing move-set is perfect while on the ledge since it doesn't deflect off the walls. Bait dog to attack, block, counter sword stab, repeat if neccessary
    • Capra Demon hate fire
    • After the boss fight It's a good place to put down your mark for some quick souls and humanity. It's a very quick fight compared to other bosses especially when you have jolly cooperation
    • Capra demon is a cool dude who just want to chill with his dogs

Peas on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Is it true that the Capra Demon hates fire considering you later find it living in the lava

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    lots of enemies are weak to fire that you wouldn't expect to be

edited July 2021
    According to the datamined stats he is strongest against fire (and weakest against lightning) out of the elemental damage types, but it's not a huge difference on NG

I believe resins are really strong against all early enemies because they don't scale

Platy on
    How good does it feel to one shot balder knights? Listener, it feels very good.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    The way I like to conceptualize the p
    Platy wrote: »
    According to the datamined stats he is strongest against fire (and weakest against lightning) out of the elemental damage types, but it's not a huge difference on NG

I believe resins are really strong against all early enemies because they don't scale

I'm pretty sure all demons have resistance to fire what with being created from the life soul.

Quire.jpg
    I killed the gargoyles and it took me a couple tries because I kept trying to get the tail axe that I’ll never use.

But I did get it

I have a love-hate relationship with that mechanic
    It's really cool but also super frustrating when a boss fight drags on just because you have to cut the parts off

Lol
    fn8dzrm15dm8.jpeg

Maybe this counts as the reverse

antbs2wqp5uq.jpg

Which souls NPC has the most DEATH DIALOGUE? 4:16
    https://youtu.be/6TwzLRDqZ04

Gotta say I am actually hearing most of the dialogues for the first time

edited July 2021
    I didn't get to try it, but I wonder if the Occult Club you get in Anor Londo is actually meant to be useful against Ornstein and Smough

It's the equivalent of a +11 weapons and Occult weapons have a hidden bonus against certain enemies and bosses, including them

Platy on
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Wow the moss vendor really lets you have it

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Apparently Miyazaki couldn't bring himself to stop the artist who designed Gwynevere because that particular artist poured his heart and soul into Gwynevere's design

Amazing Chest Ahead

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Apparently Miyazaki couldn't bring himself to stop the artist who designed Gwynevere because that particular artist poured his heart and soul into Gwynevere's design

Good

edited July 2021
    Man...idk if it's just because I'm playing a lot of souls content recently but Dark Souls feels much easier than DS3. Like, a lot. Like the AI of bosses just kind of letting me sit on their butt kind of easy.

cursedking on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Man...idk if it's just because I'm playing a lot of souls content recently but Dark Souls feels much easier than DS3. Like, a lot. Like the AI of bosses just kind of letting me sit on their butt kind of easy.

That's because it is easier, for the most part

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    The hardest souls game will always be the one that you play first

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    edited July 2021
    DS1 has some really huge and lingering hitboxes

Platy on
    i've made my way through the DLC content of DS1, and it's crazy how the difficulty spikes in that thing. Both of the main bosses are way more responsive to where you are/what you are doing, and the initial boss seemed way more mobile/responsive too.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Playing through DS3 for the the first time, and myself I'm actually surprised by how relatively easy it feels. Like not actually easy, but like, I feel like I died to bosses more often on my third time through DS1 than on this first playthrough of DS3. I think I've still got like five bosses left, so there's still time for them to give me plenty of trouble, I suppose. And I mean one of those is Nameless King, I doubt that one's gonna be free.

cB557 on
    edited July 2021
    There's a cheese strategy for Nameless King where you fire a million arrows at him while he walks at you slowly, it's funny because he's both too lazy to dodge your arrows and to walk slightly faster

Platy on
    There's a cheese strategy for Nameless King where you fire a million arrows at him while he walks at you slowly, it's funny because he's both too lazy to dodge your arrows and to walk slightly faster

that's the way I beat it the first time, because I just could not grok delaying my rolls until the latest point and playing passively to its mixups. eventually though I got there and really that's one of my favorite boss fights now

i think it is literally impossible to get kalameet's tale, at least by yourself.

2:36
    https://youtu.be/HuNmdxMuo78

I didn't use the method and trying to cut the tails of both the Sanctuary Guardian and Kalameet was a nightmare, which soured me on the dlc for a bit

I don't remember HOW I did it but I did it somehow

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I definitely got that tail off. I was also running around a lot when he wasn't doing the frontal breath of death after attempted paralysis eye

Madican on
    all it takes is for me to say it is impossible and then i'll just do it, although i did at least take all my armor off to try and be a little quicker, maybe that helped.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    When in doubt, complain to a thread about how it's unfair and impossible.

Guarantees instant success.

edit: Probably because you untilt a bit, and while you're writing your screed you're thinking about what you could have done different that that people are going to ask you about and make you look silly.

Kamar on

I largely agree with this but I do think Sekiro and Bloodborne are significantly harder than any of the DS games

Shorty wrote: »

I largely agree with this but I do think Sekiro and Bloodborne are significantly harder than any of the DS games

I think Bloodborne is about on par with DS3, at least each game's base content. Now the DLCs for each... whoo boy. For me Lady Freide is the hardest fight out of all of those. Even Orphan.

I banged my head against friede for a long time, even summoning gael didn't help. Then I just walked in one morning and slew her handily. These games are just weird like that.

edited July 2021
    I actually have the most trouble with DS2 even until this day for some reason
    Maybe I am not great with clearing mobs

Peas on
    I cut the tail off with an Ascended Pyromancy Flame and Chaos Storm, I wasn't even particularly close to the tail

Naphtali wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »

I think Bloodborne is about on par with DS3, at least each game's base content. Now the DLCs for each... whoo boy. For me Lady Freide is the hardest fight out of all of those. Even Orphan.

okay it is hard for me to judge because I summoned people to help for that fight and that does change things a lot

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Hardest fight in the series is probably Midir with a summon, right.

Unpredictable asshole with six trillion health.