As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Where we don't click links we don't know even if our friends appear to send them!

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Second page, it's safe to post now...
    Or at least as safe as this thread can be when MNC Dover is not in Jigsaw Mode.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Yes, yes...a new thread. I'm sure it's safe from monsters. Please, all of you, feel free to post away. There's nothing to fear....as long as you're not the....well, that's our little secret, isn't it?

IT'S A TRAP!

We're safe, now that it's past the first page, right?

steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I keep trying FF14 and I keep not getting anywhere. I'm sure the story gets good eventually. But man is it a boring slog early on, especially when you have like 3 combat skills that share a cooldown so your combat consists of "press 1, wait, press 2, wait, press 3, wait, press 1, wait..."

Someday I'll break past the point that I keep losing interest. Maybe by then they'll have done away with forced grouping, too. :D

I would not count on it.

Like seriously, removing dungeons from the story is not going to happen.

Best you could hope for is them backporting the Trusts system introduced into Shadowbringers dungeons to all dungeons in ARR/prior expansions and I think even that's massively unlikely.

Also, Horizon Zero Dawn on pc continues to be a good time. Playing on Very Hard first time through was a good grinder to build my skills back up. Getting enough skills, gear, and practice under my belt that the early machines are not a deadly risk anymore.

Look, I can hope. :lol:

It would just be nice not to keep making adorable dragongirls and then abandoning them at level 20something.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Yes, yes...a new thread. I'm sure it's safe from monsters. Please, all of you, feel free to post away. There's nothing to fear....as long as you're not the....well, that's our little secret, isn't it?

IT'S A TRAP!

You don't know the conditions. It could be third page, it could be first person to respond to a post Dover awesomed, it could be looking to the east on the fifth day at dawn

• CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote:
    Does anyone know something I can to find useless programs and background stuff and delete it? I'm trying to get my PC running games well again since I grabbed a bunch of stuff during this sale.

I use WinDirStat. I have no comparison to make to TreeSize, save that WindDirStat also provides a glossy 2D map of space that you can mouseover.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Okay now I'm seriously curious, FTL had an update?

They released the Advanced Edition back in April 2014. That's the last update I know about...

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »

IT'S A TRAP!

You don't know the conditions. It could be third page, it could be first person to respond to a post Dover awesomed, it could be looking to the east on the fifth day at dawn

He should do all that.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    Looking for some recommendations for chill games to play after everyone's gone to bed? Was thinking about something chill but had a sense of progression that I could come back to... I was thinking something along the lines of actually building things or maybe an MMO, but those can be pretty involved too :?

Dragon Quest Builders sounds up your alley

Gonna second this one.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (don't think the first one is on PC) Is pretty laid-back when it comes to what it asks for in terms of actual progression, but lets you go balls-to-the-wall crazy with your building projects if that's your thing.

steam_sig.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Second page, it's safe to post now...
    Or at least as safe as this thread can be when MNC Dover is not in Jigsaw Mode.

I have a feeling it's more complicated than that. :razz:

• DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Looking for some recommendations for chill games to play after everyone's gone to bed? Was thinking about something chill but had a sense of progression that I could come back to... I was thinking something along the lines of actually building things or maybe an MMO, but those can be pretty involved too :?

Gonna second this one.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (don't think the first one is on PC) Is pretty laid-back when it comes to what it asks for in terms of actual progression, but lets you go balls-to-the-wall crazy with your building projects if that's your thing.

DQB2 is also on game pass.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Ahh, second page smell...

camo_sig2.png
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I apparently missed the first page. Shame . . . :lol:

The maximum length and width of the land plot of My Time at Portia is 60x90 squares. This matters in no way except that in order to line the area with street lights in a more even coverage with equidistant spacing that plot should be 70x90 and yes this is what I'm going to bitch about at 9 in the morning because I was up until 2am trying to math out any viable alternative, decrying the cruel gods that live in their heavens.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

The maximum length and width of the land plot of My Time at Portia is 60x90 squares. This matters in no way except that in order to line the area with street lights in a more even coverage with equidistant spacing that plot should be 70x90 and yes this is what I'm going to bitch about at 9 in the morning because I was up until 2am trying to math out any viable alternative, decrying the cruel gods that live in their heavens.

Devs having no respect for mathematically proper asthetics is one of the worst problems of our times.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891

Devs having no respect for mathematically proper asthetics is one of the worst problems of our times.

One of the greatest blessings to my ability to build in games like Conan or ARK are the mods that add the ability for building blocks to intersect into both the ground as well as each other but also foundations snapping in line with each other, so that my fortresses can properly use the space I choose without having to address slight increases in ground slope by altering the entire format and footprint of what the fuck I'm building.

You can ask @Karoz or @MuddBudd about my ARK buildings. I'm . . . frankly kind of insane. I remember starting a bridge in ARK that just happened to turn into a cathedral for reasons.
    The reason was that it was pretty and I got carried away.

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    there I was in chat, lamenting on my extraordinary complex issues of the day...
    FXOihg0.jpg
    WHEN SUDDENLY I WAS GIFTED BY A WILD KOOPAH!
    v3eEiC1.jpg
    Much thanks @KoopahTroopah for the Three Kingdoms DLC! Total War is one of my fav game series, always nice to have moar factions! <3<3<3<3

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I return home from a holiday weekend with the family, including extended family get-together where the highlight was getting into an argument with my Mormon aunt because she was trying to proselytize as well as get hold of some family genealogical information my mother has been compiling for years (her attempts have been ongoing and we know damn well why she wants the names). So that was fun times.

In any case I get home and find that I was not spared from the @Isorn bombing run. Thank you for Divided Reigns!

CaJnSfK.png

Madican on
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited July 2021

One of the greatest blessings to my ability to build in games like Conan or ARK are the mods that add the ability for building blocks to intersect into both the ground as well as each other but also foundations snapping in line with each other, so that my fortresses can properly use the space I choose without having to address slight increases in ground slope by altering the entire format and footprint of what the fuck I'm building.

You can ask @Karoz or @MuddBudd about my ARK buildings. I'm . . . frankly kind of insane. I remember starting a bridge in ARK that just happened to turn into a cathedral for reasons.
    The reason was that it was pretty and I got carried away.

I have the opposite problem. I started a cathedral that turned into a 3x5 open air paddock with no door or roof.

Hevach on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    @RoyceSraphim Was Very rude! I've survived this sale basically untouched and then the man gifts me Aurion: Legacy of the Kari-Oden for beign the first to post in this thread.

I mean, stealing Dover's role and gifting me!?

Thanks dood!

• ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone. I responded in the spoiler <3

Downloaded the demo for this and will check it out
    Stardew Valley? If you wanted to dip your toes into an MMO, I hear FFXIV has a pretty good free trial.

It's pretty chill, imo. There's so much to do that doesn't require forming a dedicated raiding team or anything. Can just hang out and craft and gather and experience the story and chat with friends in FC chat or a linkshell or whatever.

Yeah, I could give Stardew another try... it hadn't clicked the couple times I've poked at it. The thing about MMOs I worry about is that my brain likes to optimize everything and I'll grab all the quests! and it stops being a more relaxing journey (this got me in a lot of trouble when Destiny 2 changed to infinite dailies... D: ). And I don't want to go through 2.0 again and they won't let me reuse my initial expired sub as a free trial :(
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    Maybe try Garden Paws? It looks pretty chill.

You can be a penguin?! Aaaaaaaa. Sold.
    Zetx If you like building things, Satisfactory is V. Good for this. It's a factory-builder. There is some limited combat, but it's pretty avoidable and easy to deal with, and you get to build crazy mega structures. It's about as involved as you want it to be - you can be crazy like me and build mega structures and world spanning factories, but you dont have to.

...and honestly, this is probably like heresay or something in this thread, but why not Minecraft? I'm serious - it's by defintion chill, there's a LOT of content to it these days, there's modpacks for Even More Content, and it's still got some of the nicest, easiest feeling building in the genre. I've been looking at getting back into it with this Modpack: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/better-minecraft-modpack

Ooh, Satisfactory looks good too. I kept getting it confused with the top-down factory game... Factorio? Minecraft, I like playing with others. I've started it so many times now, I actually popped in the other day and just kinda stared at the tree, not wanting to punch it again and start the cycle :lol: For me, the way the caves are generated still can't be beat in terms of following them down and exploring.

76561197966849367.png
    edited July 2021
    @Zetx it's probably worth being aware that Factorio's developer recently showed their whole ass, doing a whole railing against Cancel culture and similar bullshit. Which dropped that game into my Well, i'm probably not touching this. The game's visually ugly anyway!

Play Satisfactory! It's self-aware and pretty funny, ontop of being drop dead gorgeous as a game.

Like here are some screenies from my base:
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

And the entire world map is hand crafted which is just *chefs kiss*. It is still in Early acess, but frankly, there's hundreds of hours of content already.

Coffee stain seem like pretty great devs too - Active with the community, responsive to feedback, and they've taken all that money they made from unleashing the horror that was Goat Simulator on us all to become a publisher of cool things like Valhiem.

Also, the prophecy has been fulfilled. You're all safe, Dover has struck. (Penguins are not responsible for people not being safe)

pk5nhpm8apj6.png

The Zombie Penguin on
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Things we accidentally did in ARK? :D

On a private server, I had the admin turn Titanos on as permanent tames with no hunger. Because this had to happen:
    tOCj4mZ.jpg

Or that time when my guild mate just needed a really big building to breed dinos in
    And I built Rivendell based of some fantasy artwork from the books...
    yfGdyPg.jpg

Or the Castle Of Magical Happiness and Friendship
    Conveniently located in the middle of an active volcano...DVz36Ca.jpg

• SudsSuds Registered User regular
    Mmm. I love that new thread smell.

camo_sig2.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I did it. I idled and sold all of my trading cards.

Now what

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I did it. I idled and sold all of my trading cards.

Now what

buy more games
    games that have cards
    to sell
    to buy more games

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Okay now I'm seriously curious, FTL had an update?

Yes, IIRC it added some new mechanics and more storyline events written by Chris Avellone of games writing (and alleged sex harassing) fame. So you would not run into the same "bring samples on board/they turned out to be spiders and your crew died" stories over and over again.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Also I didn't know what the Dover gift trigger would be, but like...@ing them was an obvious way to poke said gift bear.

steam_sig.png

Also I didn't know what the Dover gift trigger would be, but like...@ing them was an obvious way to poke said gift bear.

I feel that taking one for the team was a worthy cause, even if i did not know i was taking one for the team!

and hey, Roguebook is one i was genuinely interested in, but very leery about spending my own money on because i wasnt sure if i'd enjoy it, or end up being very critical of it. (In which case i'd feel bad having spent money on it, my budget being very limited).

So Dover's generosity works out really well!

Also I've never heard of Treesize or WinDirStat, but I use a program called SpaceMonger which visualizes used up HD space for you to see how much space you're wasting on garbage.

steam_sig.png

• ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Zetx it's probably worth being aware that Factorio's developer recently showed their whole ass, doing a whole railing against Cancel culture and similar bullshit. Which dropped that game into my Well, i'm probably not touching this. The game's visually ugly anyway!

Play Satisfactory! It's self-aware and pretty funny, ontop of being drop dead gorgeous as a game.

Like here are some screenies from my base:
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

And the entire world map is hand crafted which is just *chefs kiss*. It is still in Early acess, but frankly, there's hundreds of hours of content already.

Coffee stain seem like pretty great devs too - Active with the community, responsive to feedback, and they've taken all that money they made from unleashing the horror that was Goat Simulator on us all to become a publisher of cool things like Valhiem.

Ah, well that's a thing to be aware of indeed. I actually didn't like Factorio too much. The top-down wasn't really for me (and yeah, the graphics didn't really grab me either). But now I've cut my thumb and I'm annoyed at me and my body :| A good, good day off...

76561197966849367.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    The first game I played of terraria, i aimed for megatron's flagahip

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    XIV's big secret is its not just the best MMO, its also the best Final Fantasy.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    That Moogle picture is fucking adorable @Stabbity Style . Is that official or fan art?

Fanart I believe?

I'm not great at tracking the providence of internet images, though.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Things we accidentally did in ARK? :D

On a private server, I had the admin turn Titanos on as permanent tames with no hunger. Because this had to happen:
    tOCj4mZ.jpg

Or that time when my guild mate just needed a really big building to breed dinos in
    And I built Rivendell based of some fantasy artwork from the books...
    yfGdyPg.jpg

Or the Castle Of Magical Happiness and Friendship
    Conveniently located in the middle of an active volcano...DVz36Ca.jpg

Honestly, if you don't have a castle on the back of a hunger-free/feedable titansaur in your private/single player Island server, you're playing ARK wrong.

Seriously, you're playing it wrong. Place is too big for a solo player to have just a single location to run back from after a bullshit death (of which there will be many) and keeping track of outposts is a pain in the ass at the best of times, so why not just have the base come with you wherever you go? And since a Bronto could still get eaten by a pack of Allosaurus or a roaming giga, might as well make it a Titan.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    @The Zombie Penguin I downloaded Treesize but how do I tell with that what I can delete without worry?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    gr9ptfuxcp4t.png

@KoopahTroopah has gifted me a new dawn.

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Stragint wrote: »
    @The Zombie Penguin I downloaded Treesize but how do I tell with that what I can delete without worry?

Google.

I'm 100% serious. Other than that I'm really not sure - treesize is great but kinda relies on you knowing wtf you're doing in the first place

I have been Besieged! A thanks to @Stolls! :heartbeat:

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Timespinner complete. Fun little Metroidvania game. Has a few alternate endings, but I didn't feel like getting the extra stuff.

Not bad if you're looking for a Metroidvania fix. 8/10

Time for Wildermyth!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks @Stolls for Ys 7! I've been meaning to get into the Ys games more beyond 1 & 2 (which I enjoyed). I've heard good things about 7, too. Can't wait to give it a shot :D

OKFoE3B.png

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    sarhdj3mh0dx.png

Thank you @Stolls for Disco Elysium! I've had my eye on it for a while now and just finished a couple of games, and this seems like a good one to tackle next.

This discussion has been closed.