As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Lego] Thread

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    keBifY6h.png
    xDIAxRBh.jpg
    O5sm625h.jpg
    L3F2Odjh.jpg
    This Seinfeld set will be available to purchase on the 21st July for LEGO VIP members and otherwise from the 1st of August for all others from shop.LEGO.com and LEGO stores around the world, for a recommended retail price of US $79.99 – CA $109.99 – DE €79.99 – UK £69.99 – FR €79.99 – DK 749DKK (*EURO pricing varies by country. For regional prices please visit shop.LEGO.com).

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/7ee558d1-05e0-4cc4-a4c3-7454204fc185

who would buy a lego set about nothing? like what's the deal with that?

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I do like the bald head hat.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    They really couldn't come up with separate heads for Newman and George?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh wow, didn't even notice that.

So now we have two Friends scenes as soundstages and now Jerry's apartment.

I wanna see someone make up a MOC of a soundstage, complete with a studio audience.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Wait. I looked at other pictures and Newman and George do have different heads. George has thicker eyebrows. Just in that one photo of just the figures up thread someone put duplicate heads on them. Look at the box front and you can make out the differences. They are still very similar.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    The most important thing about the Seinfeld set is that you can now get two official Wayne Knight minifigs.

• RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Love how the Seinfeld set came out. Definitely a purchase for me!

The only other possible set idea for Seinfeld would be Monk's Cafe, which I would also love to see made. That or a USPS mail carrier van for Newman to drive and Kramer to try to cash in on recyclables.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Raiju wrote: »

The only other possible set idea for Seinfeld would be Monk's Cafe, which I would also love to see made. That or a USPS mail carrier van for Newman to drive and Kramer to try to cash in on recyclables.

Nothing against Seinfeld, but I would not like to see any Lego design promoting the current USPS Mail truck design. They are horrible, miserable things that need to be taken off the road.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'd be ok with them leaving Kramer and put him in a seperate set so you don't directly line the pockets of that dude

• RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Nothing against Seinfeld, but I would not like to see any Lego design promoting the current USPS Mail truck design. They are horrible, miserable things that need to be taken off the road.

I'm neither for or against USPS mail carrier vans by themselves (although they were instrumental in the outcome of the last presidential election). I just think a brickbuilt USPS van would be neat to see in Lego form but not sure how licensing would work with an entity like the USPS.

Aside from Monk's Diner, what else is there? The Soup Nazi's restaurant? George's office at Yankee Stadium (complete with hidden bed underneath his desk)? Jon Voight's car?

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

I'm neither for or against USPS mail carrier vans by themselves (although they were instrumental in the outcome of the last presidential election). I just think a brickbuilt USPS van would be neat to see in Lego form but not sure how licensing would work with an entity like the USPS.

Aside from Monk's Diner, what else is there? The Soup Nazi's restaurant? George's office at Yankee Stadium (complete with hidden bed underneath his desk)? Jon Voight's car?

Kramer's apartment, all done in red bricks

If they keep doing these TV set style sets they should do Fresh Prince next.

I was just thinking yesterday that the sets they've released so far are aaaawfully white.

Which is an indictment of 90s sitcoms more than it is of the Lego Group, I guess. On the other hand, I (a white person) grew up watching the Fresh Prince and Family Matters pretty much religiously, but I don't think I've ever seen a full episode of Seinfeld, and I've only watched a handful of episodes of Friends - and that already as an adult. I'm not morally opposed to those shows, they just weren't a meaningful part of my life growing up. The Fresh Prince and Family Matters, though, that was the core of my sitcom watching.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    A shame that it's not feasible to make all of these apartment sets fit together like the city buildings, but vertically

You could make a dramatically non-canon high rise with Frasier, Seinfeld, Friends, New Girl, Peep Show, Only Fools and Horses etc

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I was just thinking yesterday that the sets they've released so far are aaaawfully white.

Which is an indictment of 90s sitcoms more than it is of the Lego Group, I guess. On the other hand, I (a white person) grew up watching the Fresh Prince and Family Matters pretty much religiously, but I don't think I've ever seen a full episode of Seinfeld, and I've only watched a handful of episodes of Friends - and that already as an adult. I'm not morally opposed to those shows, they just weren't a meaningful part of my life growing up. The Fresh Prince and Family Matters, though, that was the core of my sitcom watching.

i'm indifferent to seinfeld, and I really don't like friends

home alone is another franchise that i would rather forget about

i suppose all we need now is a Full House build to complete the cycle of "nostalgia products that I'm in the right age demographic for but have absolutely no interest in buying"

• pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    A shame that it's not feasible to make all of these apartment sets fit together like the city buildings, but vertically

You could make a dramatically non-canon high rise with Frasier, Seinfeld, Friends, New Girl, Peep Show, Only Fools and Horses etc

I would love the whole house from Spaced. Or Bernard's bookshop from Black Books.

Brolo wrote: »

i suppose all we need now is a Full House build to complete the cycle of "nostalgia products that I'm in the right age demographic for but have absolutely no interest in buying"
    Where do you stand on Boy Meets World?

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Full-sized Red Dwarf

Which, if made to the same scale of the Millennium Falcon, would be about 772 feet long

That's a lot of red bricks

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]

i disliked all of the TGIF shows

canned laughter and poor writing and formulaic plotlines

if we have to go back to speak to my 90s nostalgia give me some

zu10PLfl.jpg

yLjuAZfl.jpg

74tapSZl.jpg

49gU6M9l.jpg

NgvRfePl.jpg

0gjc8zPl.jpg

yc0B4MPl.jpg

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    What If (Captain Carter) and Bro Thor are up for pre-order on Lego's site:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/captain-carter-the-hydra-stomper-76201

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/bro-thor-s-new-asgard-76200

Lego also announced the 2x points days will be July 12-18.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer action set in Giles's library for peak nostalgia here.

i disliked all of the TGIF shows

canned laughter and poor writing and formulaic plotlines

if we have to go back to speak to my 90s nostalgia give me some

zu10PLfl.jpg

yLjuAZfl.jpg

74tapSZl.jpg

49gU6M9l.jpg

NgvRfePl.jpg

0gjc8zPl.jpg

yc0B4MPl.jpg
    In the defense of TGIF, the things that you quoted here are literally the best stories in all of human fiction. Most things won't be able to reach those heights.

That being said, I will pay any amount they ask for e.g. Gargoyles or Reboot sets.

It'd be so easy to do Hexadecimal's face-swapping with minifig heads.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Seeing some of the Ninjago mechs that Lego has released really makes me want to see them dive whole-hog into a whole line of mecha-style builds.
    I don't think there are any existing brands out there that would be congruent with the Lego ethos so I'd fully support them just developing their own line.

edited July 2021
    Seeing some of the Ninjago mechs that Lego has released really makes me want to see them dive whole-hog into a whole line of mecha-style builds.
    I don't think there are any existing brands out there that would be congruent with the Lego ethos so I'd fully support them just developing their own line.

I would love it if they did that. Just got my copy of Zane's Titan Mech Battle to help make my own Valkyrie since most of it looks to be close to what I was going for. After getting it in hand though, I might just build it since whomever designed it loves giants robots.

Edit: Fixed the URL.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Yeah that's the one I saw in the store that kind of stopped me in my tracks with how cool it looked.

Give that designer all the money and a long leash.

the ninjago mechs are pretty cool!

6HXxKc1l.jpg
    tbAP3w8l.jpg
    aoBkQIBl.jpg
    Kn6eNjyl.jpg

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Wasn't that what Lego Exo-Force was? Lego mechs and crazy anime hair.
    I'm pretty sure that was before they had the ability to do Lego animation as easily as they have now, but I'd not be overly surprised if it made a comeback.

8xKK3kDh.jpg
    1JLsCg2h.jpg

lego got a lot better at designing these things, didn't they

edited July 2021
    the ninjago mechs are pretty cool!

6HXxKc1l.jpg
    tbAP3w8l.jpg
    aoBkQIBl.jpg
    Kn6eNjyl.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize they had so many. Never looked at Ninjago till this year and I may have to watch this more often. Although Monkie Kid Pigsy's Noodle Tank is my all time favorite mech now. Who knew I wanted a mechanized bowl of noodles till now.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    IoHW05wh.jpeg
    IgYehfCh.jpeg
    jdvwnufh.jpeg
    wU9W7Meh.jpeg

yeah the monkee kid mechs are rad, really every generation they've done this they've gotten better

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Monkie Kid isn't part of Ninjago universe, though, right? It's like a separate thing.

Aldo wrote: »
    Monkie Kid isn't part of Ninjago universe, though, right? It's like a separate thing.

yeah it's based on a separate animated show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPWdPxiItMs

which is actually pretty well animated throughout

Don't forget the new Ninjago Submarine that has a detaching front that transforms into mech.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Don't forget the new Ninjago Submarine that has a detaching front that transforms into mech.

Sounds like something out of Lego Galaxy Squad.
    Those were some fun sets to build. Mostly tanks and space ships, but a few mechs in the mix for good measure.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I have no interest in Monkie Kid as like, a theme or show or whatever, but I've almost bot both mechs several times because the design is so good

I am in the business of saving lives.
    Quoted from another forum.

LEGO Gives Update on BrickLink Designer Program - The Brick Fan

Key points:
    - They accidentally took 10,000 preorders of Castle in the Forest.
    - They will bump up the other 4 sets to 10,000 maximum to match. So for example you might have another shot at the Fishing Boat, History of Flight, or Safe.
    - Preorders for those 4 will open again on August 3. No more for Castle in the Forest though since that one set the new "max limit."
    - Future rounds will be delayed.
    - Going forward preorders are LIMIT 1.
    - They are cracking down on eBay resellers.

oosik_betsuni.png
    There are rumors of a Ninjago modular. Not as expensive as the city sets, closer to the $120-150 range. But still modular scaled.

... If they are anything like my existing city, then I'm gonna need a bigger shelf.

WHY WAS THERE NOT ALREADY A LIMIT OF 1? God damn it companies.

This discussion has been closed.