As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2008 Hookah

RomulasRomulas Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
ok so this year ill be even better prepared, i bought a brand new two hose hookah, and im going to have a variety of flavored shisa.... hopefully leaf will be bringing his again, and i invite anyone else who wants to smoke hookah with us out on freeway park to do so... if you have a hookah you and want to coordinate then PM me.... see you again guys!!!!

Romulas on

• TheSnowiestWhaleTheSnowiestWhale Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sounds like an excelant idea to relax between events or before a concert. I'm looking forward to stopping by to say hi and loading some tasyt shisa of my own with you guys.

TheSnowiestWhale on
    Gay N00b Laggers
    =GNL=
    Look for us in the pink at PAX '08!
  • RomulasRomulas Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    good to hear it, spread the word.

Romulas on
  • P3T3YP3T3Y Registered User new member
    edited February 2008
    How much trouble would you expect one would have getting a hookah and accessories through airport security? I've got a 3 hose hookah and would probably bring at least 2000 grams of shisha that I would definitely carry-on.

P3T3Y on
  • collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I would love to join you all for that. Especially if we could find some of that green tobacco to add in.

collinc on
    Free cake. Inquire within.
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2008
    That's not exactly public place (or legal) activity. Especially not in PAX's backyard (which is exactly where Freeway Park is).

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    If y'all bring some double apple I'm in for a puff. ;)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited February 2008
    we did it last year with no issues, hookah isnt illegal, you can smoke it anywhere you can smoke a cigarette.

Romulas on
    edited February 2008
    collinc wrote: »
    I would love to join you all for that. Especially if we could find some of that green tobacco to add in.

cant be doing that. shisha only.

Romulas on
  • collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Understandable. Just thought I'd put it out there, let you do what you want with it. You sent it back, and that's cool.

collinc on
    Free cake. Inquire within.
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've actually been pretty keen to try smokin' a hookah at some point. I do appreciate an interesting vice.

Imperfect on
    edited February 2008
    well i hope to see you out there when it all goes down.

Romulas on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    there's also a pretty good hookah bar not too terribly far from wsctc. just down towards the water a bit.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited February 2008
    yeah there is also kolbeh after dark , but it was pretty cool chillin in the park, then as people took smoke breaks and stuff they would walk over and chill, some had never even tried shisha before it was pretty neat.

Romulas on
  • MasterOfTactMasterOfTact Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have a small two hose hookah that I can bring. It's not very good but it is small enough for me and my dorm room. :lol: So I will bring that and I can totally throw down some sheisha as well.

MasterOfTact on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You know, I could bring some double apple for you guys to enjoy... but where do you buy that kind of thing? I tried it once when a friend had brought a hookah to a meeting, but I never thought to ask where you'd buy the stuff. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited March 2008
    most smoke shops will have it, but head shops are the best place to look.

Romulas on
  • casper702casper702 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    would you guy wont be checking id to us the hookahs right

casper702 on
  • MICROCORPMICROCORP Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm in! I've got a small one hose operation but it works great.

MICROCORP on
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    casper702 wrote: »
    You guys will not be checking id to use the hookahs, right?

Well in light of the fact that this would happen in Freeway park. I would say that id should be checked. Just for the sake that cops stop by. Due to all the homeless people that hang out there.

Highfire on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Highfire wrote: »
    casper702 wrote: »
    You guys will not be checking id to use the hookahs, right?

Well in light of the fact that this would happen in Freeway park. I would say that id should be checked. Just for the sake that cops stop by. Due to all the homeless people that hang out there.

it's actually not illegal for minors to consume tobacco in washington, they just can't buy it. also, the cops can't prove what's in the hookah, so really, aside from the growth defects, you're safe.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited March 2008
    i personally wont be checking ID. but thats just me, cant say what others will do.

Romulas on
  • casper702casper702 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    sweet

casper702 on
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't think it's illegal for minors to consume tobacco anywhere
    also it's uneconomical to smoke anything other than shisha from a hookah because most of whatever you're smoking will be burned up from the coal and not inhaled

futility on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Its sure illegal where I live for minors to smoke, I know plenty of smokers who got tickets(back when I was in HS)

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's illegal to sell tobacco products to minors and it's also illegal to buy products for a minor who couldn't buy them on their on but, your saying it's ok for minors to consume tobacco if it just falls out of the sky into their lap? If that is the case I would see more minors using tobacco and just saying they found it and didn't have someone buy it since the police couldn't prove them wrong and they are innocent till proven guilty.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • MICROCORPMICROCORP Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think its a safe bet to say that if you can't buy your own you can't have mine. Nothing personal but if you get in trouble we all get in trouble. I'm looking to have a positive PAX this year.

MICROCORP on
    edited March 2008
    if you look like you are twelve dont plan on me giving you a puff of my hookah.... but im not gonna make you break out the ole ID

Romulas on
  • Victor15bVictor15b Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I picked up a small Hookah from a downtown market in Baghdad, I havent used it yet, PAX sounds like a good time to break it in!

I will be there +2

Victor15b on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I enjoy a bit of shisha (sp?) every now and again, I would definitely be up for chilling somewhere for a nice smoke, nice change of pace from paxing I imagine. No apparatus of my own to speak of though. I don't know the USA smoking age, but I'll be 21 by PAX, which I'm sure is fine.

LewieP on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    18 in most states, 19 in Alabama, Alaska, New Jersey, Utah, and 3 counties in New York.

ASimPerson on
    edited April 2008
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    18 in most states, 19 in Alabama, Alaska, New Jersey, Utah, and 3 counties in New York.

however enlightening that was it was completely unnecessary... 18 in washington....

Romulas on
  • Victor15bVictor15b Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Romulas wrote: »

however enlightening that was it was completely unnecessary... 18 in washington....

Oh c'mon, you gotta love random useless bits of information!

Did you know that all the major beers in Japan originated from a German trained brewer in the late 1800s?

BTW: Im bringing the strawberry flavored shit, but I think I might be the only one who likes smoking it

Victor15b on
    edited April 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Romulas wrote: »

Oh c'mon, you gotta love random useless bits of information!

Did you know that all the major beers in Japan originated from a German trained brewer in the late 1800s?

BTW: Im bringing the strawberry flavored shit, but I think I might be the only one who likes smoking it

i dont mind it when you mix it with double apple.

Romulas on
    edited April 2008
    did anyone here come have a puff on our hookahs last year??? i know we had a big group of guys last time just wondering if anyone was on the forums who was there.

Romulas on
  • EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm a fan of the coconut flavour.

EskimoDave on
    edited April 2008
    yeah thats pretty good but i have to mix it because alone its a bit much

Romulas on
  • BomanTheBearBomanTheBear Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This is so awesome, I accidentally made another thread without thinking other forumers would be interested. I'll pack both my hookahs. Where did everyone congregate to light up last year?

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2008
    freeway park, on the concrete benches. pm me guys if you want to coordinate this stuff, or you can IM me.

Romulas on
    edited May 2008
    so i think this year my hookas will be smoking mint and double apple shisha, those are really my favorites, maybe ill venture into other shisha territory but i dunno

Romulas on
    edited May 2008
    bumping the thread in case anyone missed it.

Romulas on
This discussion has been closed.